Winter Is Coming Live Full Episode
By Patrick Allen on in WIC Live.

Eesf8dx-g_R0skKtGulB0pkXe-YyzXnxEzL4d3B0Kd4

If you missed the stream of Winter is Coming Live yesterday, as promised, we now have the full show available for you to view. We tossed it into a couple of articles last night and the show will also be found in the sidebar on the homepage each week, but we wanted to do an actual post here as well to give everyone a chance to leave feedback.

We’ve got nine episodes to go this season. We are pretty happy with the first run but we also know there is a ton of room for improvement. I’ll be discussing potential changes with the other producers of the show this week so we will be working to shape the show more and more each week, based on what we think is and isn’t working and your feedback.

Some folks wrote yesterday that they wished the show was a little longer. I wasn’t sure if that was something we’d be able to do this season but we may look into expanding the discussion in future episodes.

At any rate, we had a lot of fun putting this together and we hope you will enjoy the rest of the season.

Check out the full show after the jump.

“Winter Is Coming Live” Game of Thrones, Season 4 recap show: Two Swords by Winter Is Coming

1. james
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:08 am | Permalink

question…when Oberyn mentions during his conversation with Tyrian, his sister left Raygar Tygarian for another woman , to whom was he referring…possibly Ned Starks sister? is that the mother of John Snow?

2. GeekFurious
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:08 am | Permalink

I don’t think you need to extend the show just to extend it, but it did seem like you guys had another half-hour of discussion in you. And I’d rather you give yourself as much (or little) time as you need to say everything that is on your minds.

3. GeekFurious
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:11 am | Permalink

james:

It’s all speculation since even what he said in the show hasn’t been confirmed in the books.

But essentially… yes. Maybe.

4. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:13 am | Permalink

GeekFurious,

Yeah that is what I was thinking. First run, we weren’t sure how much time we were going to get out of the discussion so we built in segments like the meme bit, to make sure we had enough material to fill the half hour. Some folks seemed like they liked the meme segment but would have axed it in favor of more discussion on the show. We may be able to allow more time for discussion in future episodes, to make sure we get all the real meat and potatoes stuff covered.

5. Oz of Thrones
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Is Tybee intentionally covering herself to avoid stirring further controversy? If so, well done ma’lady. Quite hilarious.

6. Rabid Grunt
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:16 am | Permalink

This is great!

7. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:28 am | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

haha. I wouldn’t piss her off while she was holding those weapons, I’ll tell you that.

8. Joe
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:41 am | Permalink

it would be nice to hear some background of each of you. ie read the books, watched the show from the start etc.

9. TT
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Love the show, keep it up =)

10. Althea
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Off topic, but after watching the preview for episode 2, it looks like some of the biggest character will be missing (Arya, Dany, Jon). I dont really have a problem with this (the episode will have enough content with the wedding, Bran, Team Stannis, Boltons etc) but i really want to see more of Arya and The Hound (hopefully they will be in every other episode, besides 9)

11. Tabes
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 11:36 am | Permalink

I enjoyed this, thank you for doing the show! I look forward to watching it throughout the season.

12. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Tabes,

Glad you liked it!

13. Dongg
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Oz of Thrones:
    Is Tybee intentionally covering herself to avoid stirring further controversy?If so, well done ma’lady.Quite hilarious.

What a babe. How is she doing WiC and not broadway/hollywood?

14. Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 11:51 am | Permalink

Congrats on a successful debut. I finally got to watch the whole thing and could appreciate it much more once I’d heard the entire conversation. One quick question though….how did the show “receive” questions…were they received ahead of time and if so, how far ahead? And was it through a WICnet post, a Twitter account, via the site producing/hosting the show (Fansided), or all of the above?

Thanks and congrats!

15. Evan
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Plot twist – Littlefinger murders Gendry

16. C Oliver
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Great show, but too difficult to watch if you’ve read the books.

17. Ragman's Harbor
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

I really enjoyed this WIC recap/review. If this is what Fansided has to offer, I’ll take it. Great set, great host, great questions. Little more time next week. Didn’t even talk of the huge dragons!!!

18. Kelly
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Personally I was turned off after the first couple minutes. I understand it’s live and it’s the first stream, so maybe it’ll improve. I still really love the GOO recap better.

19. Lars
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Do you have to host it at Dailymotion? Why not Youtube or Vimeo? At least provide an alternate hosting/viewing option.

The reason I ask is that many ‘safe domain’ blockers such as OpenDNS block it by default in their settings. (I’m currently using those services, to protect my kids)

20. patchface
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

I stopped when I heard them speaking of “Marcella”

21. smitzz
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

I really liked the first show but just one thing that was off putting ( it didn’t put me off the show ,it just seemed strange ) was when you were discussing the show and talking to each other instead of looking at the person you were talking to you just all seemed to stare at the camera , also when you went into a wide shot occasionally you caught that good looking chick smiling and looking at someone off camera? looked weird xD .

22. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Lars,

We are doing the show exclusively with Daily Motion. They helped up get this thing off the ground and have been really great and supportive. Sorry we can’t help there.

23. Johan Sporre
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Understandably a bit awkward first minute, but other than that I thought it was pretty great. Up until the discussion ended and the talk turned to memes and other stuff, that is.
    The unsullied Jessica and Tybee had a good grasp of the show, and Adam was able to stay appropriately vague in his questions.

Would have liked a longer discussion and some more fan questions. Please also make it a bit clearer where the questions should be left for them to be picked up in the show (a post started immediately after the episode has aired on HBO, Twitter posts with hashtag #WiCLive, or whatever). Perhaps also a discussion on the coming episode (if they’ve seen the preview for the next episode).

24. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Kelly,

Sorry you didn’t like it. It was the groups first time in the studio and first time doing a talk show like this. They will likely get more comfortable with the format and shooting style as time goes by. GOO is awesome! We just had the opportunity to provide more GOT content so we wanted to take it. The more ways to get your GOT fix, the better, right?

Hope you will give future episodes another chance!

25. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

C Oliver,

Understandable. Since the site is spoiler-free, we decided to do the show the same way. Tybee and Jessica are unsullied and Adam is sullied. As a book reader myself, I still found the discussion interesting. I am curious to see what unsullied think about the show and what their impressions are about where it is heading. But I understand that might not be for everyone.

26. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Ragman’s Harbor,

We work on a lot of the talking points after the show so we are in a bit of a scramble to get them all lined up with the proper media so we can get them to the studio and you are right, we totally missed talking about awesome, huge dragons. We will hopefully be able to get to more next week. =)

27. Mira
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

I think body language is seriously lacking on the show. The male host has to turn sideways too much to see the woman immediately to his right, it just looks flat out awkward. Also when discussing a topic it is important for the hosts to look at the camera while talking to explain their points…don’t stare down or look at your hands the whole time. At times it feels like the viewer immersion is minimal, like I was wondering at points if the hosts were just thankful to have a day job and be on the show more than I was thinking about the Game of Thrones topic at hand.

I don’t mean to discourage – but eye contact with the camera and basic show chemistry is what needs to coalesce to keep this show going…it felt very disconnected.

28. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ,

There are a couple of ways to submit questions. We posted on Twitter a lot the morning of the show, as well as on the WIC FB page. There were also questions being submitted by the viewers on Daily Motion, where they have a live chat.

We could maybe do a post on WIC early Monday mornings for question submissions. I will make sure Maester Bryan is checking WIC during the stream as well.

29. Hizdar for President
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Great set, but the hosts/hostess seemed uniformed and a bit annoying. I assume that they are great people, just not entertaining enough to have a show that’s so promoted by WiC.net. Zero charisma, (in spite of being very attractive). IMO. Really, just makes me appreciate GOO even more. Game Of Owns goes great with my morning cup of coffee. GOO always gets my thumbs up, but this show doesn’t even get my arm hairs up.

Girls, this is your big break. You are being seen and heard by thousands of people, yet it seems that you did no homework/research and made the average American in walmart look more dressed up than you on your debut show. I don’t expect you to rock a pair of pantyhose like a sexy Fox News journalist, but I do expect you to make enough effort that I can separate you from the average youtube ramblers who don’t get plugged on WiC.net. I would at the very least like to separate your wardrobe from the lost and found box at the bus station.

Yes I’m harshly exaggerating a bit, but not trolling. I’m only conveying the first impression that you gave me. So I hope that I don’t get banned for this post. I look forward to seeing this show gradually improve over time. Good luck.

30. The Kingslayer
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

it would be better if they have read the books. some of their thoughts are just to funny for me, because i know that they are totally wrong.

Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

patchface:
    I stopped when I heard them speaking of “Marcella”

While incorrect, that’s exactly how they pronounce it in the show. Go back and listen to Tyrion. He clearly says Marcella every time.

32. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

The Kingslayer,

I feel you. We just wanted the show to be as spoiler free as possible so we got show fans in two of the hosts. Adam, as a book reader, can hopefully steer the discussion in an interesting direction for as many folks as possible.

33. zaprowsdower
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

Loved it! Great job, guys!

34. Rygar
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Adams beard is dreamy.

35. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Mira,

We’ll work on it. This was their first time in the studio and doing the show in this format. They are very critical of their own performances and are determined to improve each week. I am sure as they become more comfortable in their roles, many of the technical things they need to accomplish will become second nature and team chemistry will grow as well.

We will be working to integrate fan feedback and questions even more into the show as we proceed. Thank you so much for the honest feedback.

Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Mira,

Usually in these types of shows the hosts speak to each other, not direclly into the camera.

Personally I thought it was better than expected. It’s going to be hard not to make mistakes and stuff, as us longtime hard core fans of the books have an encyclopedic knowledge, but they did okay.

I actually quite liked the hosts, and I thought it was a good dynamic having a book reader asking the questions and driving the discussion, and two unsullied giving their thoughts.

Pretty good first episode. I don’t think it needs to be any longer, but stick to the episode, not memes or other internet news. If more time is given it should be for questions (and where to submit should be clearer). Also, I love Tybee’s hair.

37. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Hizdar for President,
    I don’t have a problem with their knowledge of ASoI&F. I think they have a good grasp of the show. We don’t need another Elio & Linda. Sometimes the best ideas and perspectives come from “outside the box.”

Regarding their attire, I think the women should be in GoT clothing, preferably Targaryen or Red Priestess garb for the women and BwB or Hound or Dothraki outfits for the men….to go along with their weapons.

Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

Hizdar for President,

Your opinion, I guess, but I think your critique of their clothing is pretty rude. And I disagree, they looked fine.

I also liked this better than what I’ve heard of GOO. And no, we definitely don’t need another Elio and Linda, or any book readers for that matter. Unsullied are infinitely more fun to listen to than us annoying book readers who usually just whine about the changes like whiny pedantic purists.

39. Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Patrick Allen,

Okay, great. I posted a question here but figured you guys didn’t see it or didn’t see it in time. Thanks!

40. Molda
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

I loved it! I liked the whole trio (especially Tybee because i was completely surprised and shocked that she is in this show. I know her from Fallout: Nuka Break series or you could say from Wayside Creations and i didn’t know she likes GoT or that she will have such important role now being on WiC live show. Cool to see her here and hear her thoughts).

And i also like that the girsl are unsullied and didn’t read the books – for me as a book reader it is much more interesting to hear impressions and thoughts from people who didn’t read the books rather then from book readers. So i hope the girls will stay there in rest of the episodes.

One thing i would change is the lenght, as someone said before me, it really looked like all of them had a lot more to say but it was really rushed. I would let it flow more freely a little bit. Like even 15 more minutes would help i guess.
    Otherwise great, thanks and looking forward to next episode.

41. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Johan Sporre,

Thanks. Yeah this was a first time for us as well so we weren’t exactly sure how the stream and all that would work. We will get a proper shoutout about questions and all that so the viewers can be prepared. Thanks for the feedback!

42. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Molda,

Thanks Molda!

43. Rygar
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Its the type of beard you just want to snuggle.

44. Wrath of the Gods
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Loved it. Will check in every week.
    The more thrones coverage, the better.

The only thing I don’t love are the random ads, but eh whatever.
    It’s only the first show people, give ‘em some time to get the chemistry going.

One thing tho, why are people playing fashion police? This is WiC not TMZ. As long as they’re talking GoT who cares what they wear?

45. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

Wrath of the Gods,

lol!

The ads are a necessary evil, I’m afraid but I don’t like how they randomly pop up in the middle of someone’s sentence. Don’t know if I can do anything about that but I will look into it.

46. Hizdar for President
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

I also agree that another Elio and Linda would suck dragon eggs. Red Priestess costumes are a brilliant idea. Perhaps it would be the birth of new fetish. You worded it exactly how I should have worded it, if I had used better judgment with my jokes. I’m def not cut out for a live stream show either. I hope Chuck Norris never finds out that I have such a dislike for jeans.

47. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Hizdar for President,

:) Costumes make things more fun and campy. Sort of like Elvira reviewing horror films.

Wrath of the Gods:

Just joking…

48. patchface
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

Patrick Allen:
    Mira,

I’m just curious and I’m asking you because you seem to be in charge of this: What is the purpose of this video? Is it just a discussion of the episode? If so, why were these particular hosts chosen? What do they bring to the table? Are they professional film/television critics? Are they book readers or show viewers with excellent knowledge of everything related to game of thrones? Are they just random fans?

I am just trying to understand what is so special about all this and why it’s getting so much attention here.

49. oracle86
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Is there any option for me to download the video, so that I can watch it when I’m offline?

50. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

patchface,

They were chose based on their talent among a pool of folks. They’re fans of those show, just like most of the people that read this site and the purpose of the show is to provide more content to Winter is Coming that the readers might enjoy. Adam is sullied and Tybee and Jessica are normal fans of the HBO series.

There is nothing meant to be “special” about it other than that it is a companion for further discussion and exploration of the show and its themes. The show is getting attention because it was produced and developed for WIC and FanSided so we’re promoting it. =)

51. CM Punk
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

That was pretty horrid. Thronecast is a far better post analysis show.

Tybee is hot though.

52. Ray Feighery
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

C Oliver:
    Great show, but too difficult to watch if you’ve read the books.

53. GeekFurious
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Ray Feighery: Couldn’t agree more. Would be helpful to have some more “Scholared” ASoIaF guests on the show to at least correct the inaccuracies.

54. Sansa's Knight
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

2 minutes into the show and im like honestly either this host is a new fan of the show and faking it or hes just plain dumb …. he says myrcella was sent to dorne in season 1…. i mean cummon … get ure facts in order before u say something like that on ure first episode ever … and this didnt even require the host to be a sullied viewer … i know many unsullied viewers who wud know the events and timeline of the show better than this dude

p.s. i love tybee …. now she knows what shes talking about

i honestly didnt wanna do this so soon but im loyal to game of owns and i think its a much better bunch of true fans to listen to… this show feels like every other talk/review show -FAKE… now game of owns …. thats the real deal …

i want tybee on game of owns … together she and selina will be fun to listen to

55. Sansa's Knight
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

arya smiled last season when the hound told her he was taking her to the twins to meet rob and her mum so it hasnt been long since we saw her smile …

56. Caelra
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

I really liked the first episode! I would have liked it even more if it hadn’t felt so rushed. I also felt like Tybee and Jessica should have gotten to talk more. I would prefer it if the discussion was driven more by what they as Unsullied viewers want to talk about. Bookreaders may try to not spoil but their interpretations of scenes are always coloured by the books. An Unsullied viewer’s perspective is freer. I’ll be tuning in next time!

57. mal
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

I think I listen to like a dozen Game of Thrones podcasts and youtube reviews, most of them pretty well done, and this one was ok . But I think it will get better. SOmeone said a better intro would have been nice, but oh well too late. I will definitely keep checking this out though. For some reason when someone says something wrong or inaccurate, I experience a brief moment of boiling rage! Not specifically this one, but other review shows. Then I always ask myself, “why so angry?” haha. So hope the “hosts” don’t take the negative comments too badly, distinguish between negativity and criticism/advise. See you next week!

58. TT
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Patrick Allen,

Maybe you cannot, but we can. If you’re using Firefox, use adblock & noscript. Unblock dmcdn.net & dailymotion.com to view the video. No ads. Sorry to dailymotion for not supporting their ad revenues, but I just can’t stomach ads.

59. Confused Pirate
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

I feel these hosts do not know that much about game of thrones…

60. Ser Pounce
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

I have a request for Tybee and Adam. Can you guys do a longsword duel next episode? I mean nothing serious just whoever draws first blood will win.

61. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Ser Pounce,

I will ask them if they are cool with that.

62. CM Punk
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

I have a request for Tybee…………can you dye your hair purple for the next episode?

63. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

Ser Pounce,

All the hosts have seen every episode of the series and were fans before getting the gig. Adam has read all of the books. Talking about a series so massive and with so many characters live, on the fly, is sure to lead to some missteps, mispronunciations and so forth. Obviously the hosts strive to recall everything correctly but mistakes will happen. We’ll work to limit those.

64. Simon
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

I thought that was well done. Have they read the books?

65. Sansa Bird
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Great job guys! I don’t understand where all the criticisms are coming from? I thought the topic points were interesting and the flow of conversation was well paced. Everyone seemed to get a fair share of time to talk and you all seemed to have a nice grasp of the characters and show!

Can’t wait for next episode!

66. sjwenings
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

I LIKE that theres Unsullied people on the show that also make a few mistakes here and there. It’s interesting to hear from “normal” fans, because they make up most of the viewers anyway.
    Theres enough “experts” out there analyzing the episodes to death and endlessly comparing them to the books. I enjoy both types of discussions.

Good job!

67. Zack
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

A bit awkward at times, but what first episode isn’t? I’ll tune in next time. It was a promising start!

I’d definitely like the meat & potatoes and don’t need the memes as much.

GeekFurious: Please, god, no. I watch these shows to hear what the unsullied think. I don’t care what book readers think about it. As a book reader, I KNOW IT ALL. I love experiencing the story through the eyes of those who don’t. It’s like introducing someone to the original Star Wars. It is far more exciting than watching it with people who’ve seen it 200 times.

Seconded. This is largely why these are such fun. Vicariously experiencing the material fresh.

Posted April 8, 2014 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

Sansa Bird:
    Great job guys! I don’t understand where all the criticisms are coming from?

This is WiC. That’s what people do here. We whine and complain and criticize everything, even if it’s free. I really hope Patrick and the others realize that, and ignore most of it.

69. David H
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

This was a good show. I like the idea of having a sullied and two unsullied hosts. However, what’s the point of having a sullied host if he’s going to actively pretend he has no idea what’s happening? It’s one thing to avoid spoilers; it’s another thing to actively pretend that he has no idea what’s going to happen. (Like wondering about things that clearly will not happen on the show because they’d be way too far off from the books.)

I understand the fine line in not wanting to divulge any spoilers, for obvious reasons. But there’s also nothing wrong with saying I’m looking forward to seeing how they do X’s story arc this season, and then asking the unsullied co-hosts what they think is going to happen.

70. Joe
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

HOLY AMC MOVIE TALK

71. Atomix
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

What I’m good at as a Sullied Viewer is not using the books, but using my book knowledge to point out and elaborate on cues from the show to people IRL. THats what OP needs to do. S1 E1&2 Robert Baratheon Talks to Ned Stark about Rhaegar Targaryan Kidnapping and Raping Lyanna Stark.

When Oberyn Martell says in S4E1 that Rhaegar left his wife Elia for another woman – you go back to TV show Robert right away with those Unsullied Girls and make them Conjecture. They arent Eric from Goo with a billion wild theories pouring forth – dont tell them things – make them Theory Craft Hell maybe wait a day and pull clips to show them from previous seasons to show them what they never understood or paid attention to and se if you can get that “Oh Shit” from them AND the Viewing Audience.

72. Jimbo
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

I prefer well-versed book readers for an analysis show – so that I can learn more detail about the episode I just watched. That doesn’t mean whining about what was changed, it means providing a deeper appreciation for the events represented in the tv series.

I can get tv-show-only opinions from anywhere – online, at work, among my friends. But having a spoiler-free review of an episode with indepth book knowledge would provide a service that doesn’t appear to be well catered for at the moment.

73. The Dragon Demands
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 12:22 am | Permalink

Myrcella was sent off to Dorne in episode 6 of Season 2, “The Old Gods and the New” (though Tyrion explained the deal in episode 3) – she’s betrothed to Oberyn’s nephew, Doran’s son.

74. WinterisCumming
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 12:29 am | Permalink

That chick can hold my sword anyday. Definite motorboat material

75. The Dragon Demands
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 12:29 am | Permalink

….no. Bronn always said snarky sarcastic things to Tyrion. He was always just in it for the money. No, this is not him drifting from Tyrion.

76. The Dragon Demands
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 12:38 am | Permalink

I actually think it’s weird to have a Sullied host ask so many leading questions of two Unsullied guests. A roundtable would be one thing; instead (being Sullied myself) it’s a bunch of leading questions. I know you’re trying to make them open ended, but they need to be even more loose: “hey, what do you think Tyrion is going to do?” is good, but “so, do you think Tyrion is going to team up with Oberyn?” sounds like a very specific, leading question.

77. WildSeed
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 12:42 am | Permalink

Patrick Allen:
    Oz of Thrones,

The earlier vulgarities were lost on me , if m’lady has covered herself in extra garments she is also now boldly demonstrating a defiant pose with a broad grin and weapon on the ready. I’d say the joke is on the fools that attempted to dally with her.

TT:
    Love the show, keep it up =)

78. Maximillian
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 2:01 am | Permalink

First of all–congratulations on the first episode being competed and on the show in general. I want to start by saying that my following comments are meant to be constructive criticism and nothing more and as much as I wasn’t crazy about the show I will tune in next week and hope to see some improvements/continued support for the community.

Body Language:
    As mentioned above the body language was strange. I believe part of this was due to nerves, both Tybee and Jessica (I hope I’m getting their names correct) seemed nervous (and understandably so). This will hopefully calm down in the future (I would expect so). The table doesn’t do you much good, its so large and in the way that it made many of the camera angles seem strange to me. I often want to see people’s responses to comments/questions and the tight camera angles often prevented that. I would suggest the chair for Adam (I think thats his name–the wonderfully bearded gentleman) and couch for the two ladies. Because of this I think it caused the girls to move their hands around more and that just became distracting for me. Last thing about this–Jessica kept smiling and responding to someone off camera, that was incredibly distracting and made it seem like she had never done this type of work before. I think its things like doing that that left the audience questioning her belonging there. Personally I believe in you guys and think you’ve made the right decisions–but this type of thing does tend to breed questions relating whether or not someone belongs in the role they are serving.

Behinds the scenes:
    I found it disrupting when Tybee mentioned a conversation that had occurred while in the car. This kinda took me out of being in the zone and watching the episode and really should have been framed a little differently. It almost made it seem like the only conversation they have ever had prior to this was on the car ride to do the recording (this may be true–but we shouldn’t be wondering that).

Meme
    The meme thing was actually pretty good, I just would have spent less time on it, knowing that the questions and discuss was doing well and taking up some of the time you were worried would be missing.

Theme of episode:
    I would expect that during the first episode you guys would miss opportunities for this, but in the future it would be good to get everyone’s opinion on what they believed the episode overall represented. To me this episode represented a multitude of dyadic relationships, tywin and Jaime, Arya and Hound, Tyrion and Shae, etc. For someone else they may take it more literally and see it as the two swords being made at the start of the episode, or perhaps the one that was given to Jaime and Needle. Either way, most episodes have themes, and being able to discuss these will be helpful.

Question guy (dont remember his name)/sword guy:
    He was probably the best part of the show, quick to think on the spot, good improvisational skills, brought a good change of pace. I really felt like he keep the energy up.

Adam:
    Great job overall, being able to anticipate people’s responses will help with the flow of the show, something that I thought was lacking at the start of the episode. Instead of asking a question and then prompting one of the girls to talk I would suggest framing the questions like “Jessica, I’m curious about your opinion on…” that just flows better and seems more natural than to say a question, pause, then essentially call on one of them to answer the question.

HTH

Great job overall–keep up the good work!

79. Sid
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 3:35 am | Permalink

Lex: This is WiC. That’s what people do here. We whine and complain and criticize everything, even if it’s free.I really hope Patrick and the others realize that, and ignore most of it.

Or you could just fathom that a lot of it is constructive criticism. The body language posts above I agree 100% with, however I really enjoyed it and appreciate the time invested. Thanks to everyone involved!

80. GeekFurious
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 7:49 am | Permalink

Jimbo:

Comicbookgirl19 already provides that and no one else is better.

81. vlad
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 9:47 am | Permalink

You have a youtube channel, put it there!!! Otherwise why am I even a subscriber there??

82. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Maximillian,

Excellent feedback. Thank you! The cast has been reading this comment thread and have been discussing the constructive feedback as a way to improve. They care very much that as many folks enjoy the show as possible. Appreciate the kind, thoughtful criticism and the time you took to write it down for us.

83. Emma
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

Hey guys,
    I just wanted to say, I watched Wic-live and thought it was awesome for a premiere. I’m from Germany and have often problems with US talk shows or interviewers talking too fast, too slurred – but it was perfect! You could easily follow as a non-native speaker.
    I really enjoyed the unsullied view, some of their opinions did surprise me and I like that.
    The interactions with the Maester were the best, I hope he gets more screentime next time.

84. Deathdreams
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Patrick Allen,

I have to second what Lars said, I can’t watch it on my mobile.

85. Muspelheim
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Great stuff, I immensely enjoy hearing reactions and analysis from Unsullied :)

Will definitely be watching the coming episodes.

86. KingJon
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Not a bad debut. My concern is that this may be too boring for book readers. It’d be nice to have one show for the Sullied and one for the Un-Sullied. Reading the comments from book readers about what has changed, where the show is going, and what clues they pick up on to support their own theories is great reading. I’d rather see a show with book readers discussing and debating the changes D&D made and how those changes will impact the story, whether positively or negatively, and not just the changes but the episode overall in terms of each characters story arc. I think that kind of show would be more appealing to myself and probably to the majority of people who come to this site. Most of Talking Dead’s viewers (imo) are just fans of the show and not the comic, whereas I believe most visitors to this site are fans of the books primarily. If you guys could do two shows that would be great, but if not, perhaps have a spoilery segment with book readers discussing the episode and it’s overall impact. All that being said, I am very grateful for everyone’s efforts in this endeavor.

87. Don Snow
    Posted April 10, 2014 at 4:32 am | Permalink

CM Punk:
    That was pretty horrid. Thronecast is a far better post analysis show.

Tybee is hot though.

Exactly this!

1. […] Want to get a more in-depth look at each week’s episode of Game of Thrones? Then look no further! Check out FanSided’s weekly episode recap called Winter Is Coming Live from our friends at WinterIsComing.net. […]