Game of Owns: Dressing for a Wedding
By WiC Staff on in Podcast.

Episode 209 – Dressing for a Wedding

iTunes | Download | RSS

Excitement from this past Sunday’s premiere has yet to recede as GOO takes a look at further listener thoughts, more from the episode, and the next fateful installment of Game of Thrones Season 4.

Discussion Topics

Riding high into episode two
Photos from the next episode
Tyrion and Jaime, finally
Breaking records, two new seasons
Lady Olenna
Ch ch ch changes
Strange new characters
An opulent wedding indeed

1. Rygar
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

I’m out

2. Hoyti Von Totiy
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

Moonboy!

3. John M W
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

All this hyping up of Episode 2 is spoilerish in of itself. Non book readers won’t be very shocked if you guys keep saying “This is an OMGGGGG important episode!!!”

4. ace
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

John M W:

most non book readers who don’t want to get spoiled tries to avoid pre-episode hype discussions. At least the non book readers I know.

5. Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

You guys, look at the girl’s face! You don’t remember her? C’mon!!!!

6. Dragonstone
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Another great episode! “Stark snark” lol I love it!!!

7. King Tyrion
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

“Bolton Girl” is from season 3. She was the one who got Theon ready for his ummm… makeover?

8. Seriano
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ,

Well, maybe they weren’t paying attention to her face in the last time they saw her in the show.

9. moonlightof1982
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

I hope they play “Seven Devils” by Florence and The Machine during Joffrey’s wedding feast!!!

10. Soopa Doop
    Posted April 11, 2014 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Anyone else feel an imbalance with Zack now knowing what’s going to happen in upcoming episodes? I know I shouldn’t be bothered, but some of the best moments involve Micah hyping a show and hearing the anticipation and reactions of Zack and Eric. With Zack knowing characters’ names and events before they’re revealed in the show and trying to hype it with Micah, it feels odd to have Eric be the only host I can relate to now as Unsullied.

11. ****
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 5:53 am | Permalink

Soopa Doop,

Yes. Part of the magic and joy of the monday episodes is hearing that very fresh, instantaneous, off-the-cuff reaction. And we only get ten episodes a year! It seems an awful waste if one (or a few) of the hosts have seen episodes days/weeks in advance.

12. Mr. Lemoncloak
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 6:02 am | Permalink

thanks for mentioning me guys! and thanks for pronouncing my name right! ;-)

13. Micah
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 8:17 am | Permalink

John M W,

I don’t think that was the way it was presented in the podcast. It was excitement about an upcoming episode written by George R.R. Martin. And there were no spoilers about the episode itself other than there is wedding coming, which we’ve known for at least a season.

14. zaprowsdower
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 10:06 am | Permalink

John M W,

George wrote the episode so it’s pretty obvious that it’s an important one.

Also, I wanted to point out that the color the next wedding gets is fan given. It’s not actually called that in the books.

15. ****
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Micah,

Micah, you do let on that Shit Will Get Real. I understand what John is saying.

16. Micah
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:43 am | Permalink

****,

It’s funny though… the non-book reader listeners take no issue with it. Yet people who read the books seem to. Honorable that your anonymous self is such a defender of the unspoiled.

But appreciate your feedback nonetheless.

17. Lady Smallfoot
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Micah,

I think it’s because we, book readers, get the most entertainement from the unsullied reactions. It’s more selfish than honorable really.

18. ****
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

Micah,

My name is Ed, sorry. I don’t know if that makes me less anonymous?
    Other than that complaint, you do continue to do a great job on GOO. I don’t think I can truly appreciate how tricky it must be.

19. hi
    Posted April 13, 2014 at 2:10 am | Permalink

why do you people always need to refer to harry potter?

also how do some of you justify not reading? would watch a harry potter film before read the respective book?