Looking Forward, Game of Thrones Ep. 402 and the Itching and Burning
By Oz of Thrones on in Editorial, Speculation.

Thenns

Glad tidings to all WiC Ladies and Sers, and welcome the new and improved (and still identifiable) WiC!  I propose a toast to our trusty editor Zack for a great new design while staying true to the old, as we worship them both.  Well done, good Ser.

Welcome to your weekly installment of Unsullied nonsense where we look forward to the next episode and wish away our weekends.

The premiere delivered and for the last five days I’ve been trying to figure out what the hell a “Thenn” is.  But regardless, let’s focus on what was not included in 401 whether it be characters, storylines, or answers to burning questions.

Grab your favorite weekend beverage, and saddle up the new ponies.  It won’t be long now…

I’m going to forgive D&D and the other show runners/writers/associates for not including my guilty pleasure in the first episode.  But a man’s patience runs thin.

Lysa is due for some screen time.  The same goes for Robin.  Fortunately, getting one usually means getting the other since they are almost invariably attached at the bewb.  At least her name got a mention in 401 by the Hound.  All is forgiven, unless she is a no show in 402.

If that be the case, may the Gods have mercy on your soul.

The Itching

Besides the Lysa itch that has been a constant nuisance since S1 (and caused a horrible rash on a man’s ass), there are others that need to be seen.  Reader Kael of the Lake commented that this Sunday should really be considered the premiere, part 2 since there are so many characters that were “no-shows” in the first one.

But we should be used to it.  Thus is an inherent fanatical hazard of being a GoT fan…  too many characters, not enough minutes.

Nevertheless, here are a few I hope we hear from.  Chime in and let me know what characters and stories you hope to see more of, for I will surely omit some important ones.

Littlefinger:  When we finally get a glimpse of Aunt Lysa and cousin Robin, the assumption is that Baelish will be included in the package… buy two Arryns, get a Littlefinger free (assuming he makes it to the Vale and the viewers ever get to see it).

Roose and Ramsay:  I still hold the expectation that we will see these two meet this season for a father/bastard reunion.  The sooner the better as Roose has become one of my favorite personas (even with the occurrences at the Twins).

I’m with the band.

Ramsay is listed in the synopsis with his “pet” Reek:  Theon and his new identity were MIA from 401 but there’s no reason to believe that he is not still being tormented by Ramsay.  Let’s hope this newfound use is not horribly torturous.

We also know that Yara is supposedly en route with Pyke’s finest killers.  But will we see Balon this year?

Bran, Hodor, and the Band Reed:  Bran and Co. were nowhere to be found for the season premiere but did make an appearance in the previews for next week.  So maybe, just maybe, the most important person of this whole damn show (speculatively) makes an appearance this week.  Of course, I’m referring to Hodor.

Stannis, Davos, and Red Velvet:  A few pics of the next ep have been released and the Mannis has been included in said pics (I said the words, damnya).  A man can’t disseminate where they are, but it doesn’t look like he got an invitation to the RW.  Regardless, Stannis on-screen is welcome even if he is only accompanied by jar-babies.  On second thought… no.

Speaking of, will we see Seleyse?  Shireen?  (Edit: The answer is apparently yes).

Edmure and The Blackfish: For all the viewers know, Edmure is still in the Frey dungeon and the Blackfish may still be taking a piss on a tree (he had A LOT to drink).  Supposedly, the Blackfish escaped safely after concluding his long piss, which is a good thing as I really enjoyed his character.  But the truth is that I have no reason to believe we see either one of the Tullys anytime soon with the Starks in such disarray.  Let’s hope a man is mistaken.

Rickon and Osha (and Shaggy Dog): Did they make it to the Umbers?

Locke:  This is probably a package deal when seeing Bolton, but the local slap-chopper of hands and the only known bear owner of Westeros would be a welcome addition to the season should he decide to show up.  TECH SUPPORRTTT!

The Brotherhood:  Where the hell are you, Beric?  Thoros has joined us here on WiC.net, but you and Anguy are still MIA.  Reveal yourself.

Mance:   Presumably prepping the big fire and the attack on the Wall, Mance hasn’t been seen in some time and that’s a damn shame.

Lancel:  How long does it take to recover from wounds at Blackwater?  Geez.  Tyrion needs someone to torment, while others are hungry for a Lancel Sandwich.

And finally…

Varys: He is in the preview, and episodes with a Spider are always better.  That is all.

The Burning

Besides the itch to see certain characters, there is always a consistent burn of questions that fill my mind.  Here a few, and please feel free to share yours below.  BUT NO SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS!!

What kind of girl stuff does Cersei have going on?  As readers Lisa Y. and Dany’s One-Eyed Dragon and I discussed, Cersei mentions having some sort of “sickness” that she didn’t want to tell Jaime about.  No other information was ever disclosed.  The speculation on this alone could go all over the place and this is definitely not my area of expertise, so I have made an executive decision to not touch it (no pun intended).

But, could Cersei be with child?  And if so, would that mean it’s Lancel’s?  Oh dear Lord.

What will happen with the Loras/Cersei wedding plan?  It is obvious that Cersei has no intent on marrying the Knight of Flowers.  So, how is she going to get out of it without pissing off Paw Paw?

Will the Warg Thenn speak?  Surely, the show runners didn’t get Joseph Gatt just to look cool and hold an owl on his shoulder.  This guy had one of the most memorable characters in Banshee and needs some screen time.  I am also hoping we get some history and backstory on whatever their kind is, why their appearance looks like Xerxes and the Albino consummated and made baby, and the reason they literally eat Crow.

What is the significance of the necklace given to Sansa from Drunk Dontos?  Is there even one?

What is about to happen with Shae and Tyrion?  It most likely won’t be pleasant.  And is that Shae slapping Bronn in the preview?

Do the leeches actually have any bearing on the future?  One of the usurpers is gone (RIP Robb).  The other two, Balon and Joff, are still kicking.

When will we see Gendry again?  A while back, one book reader commented that the Gendry storyline as it is shown on TV is not in the books and his future is uncertain to everyone.  I don’t know if this is true, but it would be nice to know if he at least made it back to KL considering he had no previous experience with boat rowing.

And, because my obsession will not subside…

How will Lysa react to the wedding proposal of Baelish?  If it’s anything besides am attempt to throw him out the moon door, I will be shocked.  “Make the Mockingbird fly Mommy!”

Of course, I write all of this to say that if there is indeed a full-on royal wedding this week, we may not get answers to any of this as most of the time will likely be spent in the KL… once again, a hazard of being a GoT fan.  The synopsis states that Joff and Marg host a breakfast, but surely there’s more to it than merely an order of smothered and covered.

Pass the cortisone.

That’s it for me today boys and girls.  A man will be back Monday for the Unsullied Recap with leftover wedding cake and party favors.

If Lysa shows up, don’t forget #breastfeedingboysunite on twitter.  (By the way, I am now passing along good information but writing insignificant things @ozofthrones, and if you spoil me, understand that the Gods of Twitter shall rain bird shit upon you for the rest of your days.)

As always, please refrain from putting spoilers in the comments, even veiled since we are still experimenting with the “hide the spoilers” feature on the redesign.  A man thanks you in advance.

Enjoy your weekend, don’t get on the saddle if you’ve been overindulging in ale, and may there be peace in your realm. –Oz

“Unbowed.  Unbent.  Unsullied.”

1. BlackTalon
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Hodor!

2. Charles
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:06 am | Permalink

can’t toast the designer if i don’t like the design now can i?

3. outdoorcats
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:06 am | Permalink

After seeing Varys in the preview I realized how much I missed him in the premiere and how much I can’t wait to see more scenes with him. Conleth Hill is just brilliant.

4. Serioiusly My dude?
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:06 am | Permalink

inb4 The Dragon Demands spoils. Cant wait for this week

5. Oz of Thrones
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Charles,

Understandable. But provide us some feedback so we can work on it. Believe me, they are listening.

6. ATG
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Ive grown to enjoy these quite a lot :)

7. Jeff O'Connor
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:27 am | Permalink

I presume the mods have already heard my complaints on the new design, so instead I’ll just smile and thank ye for this newest post, mate. Too drunk on book knowledge anticipation lately to say much else, but I hope you continue to enjoy the season.

8. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:32 am | Permalink

He’s Reek, he’s Reek! He’s back this week!

9. Veltigar
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:42 am | Permalink

Shae slapping Bronn in the preview? Have I missed a preview? How many of those things did HBO release?

EDIT: Nevermind, I rewatched the preview on WiC.net and saw the scene Oz was refering to. I think it was indeed Shae slapping Bronn.

If you don’t cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron I’m gonna take this rock and bring it down on your head so hard that a substance resembling guacamole is gonna come out of your ears.

10. Soopa Doop
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Can’t wait for this next episode! Preview shows Tyrion and Joffrey in a tense confrontation. After the near explosion that happened during Tyrion’s wedding, I wonder what will happen now because each interaction between the two has escalated since their last meeting. And with it being in public Joffrey will want to prove something to everyone.

11. zod
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Hounded: (Hope that’s not a spoiler…)

Bad news for you then : that’s a spoiler.

12. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 11:59 am | Permalink

I’m very excited for the return of Varys. I’m also looking forward to seeing what happens when Bran touches the weirwood. Also, Hodor. It’s fun when anyone says it, but Kristian Nairn Hodors the best. I’m also hoping there will be some good passive aggressive sass between Cersei and Margaery like there was at Tyrion and Sansa’s wedding.

13. Jeff O'Connor
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Something I’ve learned: anything which needs “hope that isn’t a spoiler” as an addendum is best omitted, always.

14. Nicola
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Gendry…still rowing

15. Anonymous
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

My favorite posts are the ones by the unsullied.

And my least favorite are by book readers who like to share their “knowledge” to the unsullied, whether it be spoilers or “explanations” or background material.

16. Ragman's Harbor
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

I’ve grown fond of the new layout I must admit. I love the Game of Thrones season, such awesome posts.

-Game of Owns
    -Reviews..cough..
    -Oz’s predictioons
    -Twitter recaps
    -Oz’s reviews

It’s going to fly past really fast, we won’t realize it until we’ve watched episode 7 and there are only 3 new episodes to see until next year. Let’s enjoy it to the fullest :)

17. Chriss
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Rickard Greyjoy:
    He’s Reek, he’s Reek! He’s back this week!

Amazing.

18. Atomix
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

And the same to Atomix:
    Those Unsullied “questions” are NOT to be answered by bookreaders, unless they specifically ask for precisely such a reveal. They’re musings so we can be entertained with their thoughts. Just leave them be!

Season 1 Maester Luwin.

19. Strider
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Stannis, Davos, and Red Velvet: A few pics of the next ep have been released and the Mannis has been included in said pics (I said the words, damnya). A man can’t disseminate where they are, but it doesn’t look like he got an invitation to the RW. Regardless, Stannis on-screen is welcome even if he is only accompanied by jar-babies. On second thought… no.

Cold. That’s plain cold, OZ! You may have said the words, but that right there puts your previous wooing of Stannis fans back to square 1. LOL

Red Velvet! I love Red Velvet!
    All dressed up in red velvet and her high-heel shoes so fine,
    And the nights to come are long and slow to go
    “.
    Obviously, other fans must have noticed way before me how wonderful the lyrics fit my favorite R’hllor devotee, but I haven’t until now. There’s a lot to be said about your Unsullied pieces. Kudos to you. Color me a fan.

20. Cersei Wildfire
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

I so look forward to your articles! They make me wish I was unsullied. I love to see everyone speculating and excited for the show! Looking forward to your next article as always.

21. Tabes
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

Oz you’re the man, keep up the good work, I love reading the Unsullied posts above all others. That is all my friend.

22. Reynardd the Fox
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

You missed mentioning some of the most compelling and least seen characters (at least since season 1), the Stark Direwolves! I was secretly hoping the “friend” that Arya would reunite with (synopsis of Season IV Ep 1) was her Direwolf. Alas, it was just a sword (and a small one at that). When will we see more of the wandering direwolves? Are they ok? More direwolves, please.

23. Lyanna Mormont
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

I’m itching for a scene with Tywin and all three of his children. If Joffrey’s there too, it’s a bonus. Maybe at the wedding?

Oh yeah, and little brother Tommen. He did get a mention by Jaime, and we haven’t seen him since Cersei nearly poisoned him during the battle of the Blackwater.

24. Valyrian Eyes
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

It rhymes with weak! So good to see you/read you Oz! :D

25. Traveling Targaryen
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

I can never get over how interesting it is as a Sullied to hear an Unsullied’s predictions. It really adds to the experience to be honest.

26. Alex
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

If Littlefinger is with Lysa what will happen to Arya? He will send her straight to Joffrey:(

I hope she will run to Braavos, so she can become evenmore badass with Jaqen/Syrio(Jaqen=Syrio, it is known)

27. Valyrian Eyes
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Traveling Targaryen,

I feel the same.Love to read their input.

28. Dominique Lavigne
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Hounded,

You fail to understand the Unsullied watchers: they are many who have fun dissecting the meaning of the show’s minute details, with no external input whatsoever. Nothing from the novels, from online encyclopedias, from deleted scenes or from production info from the future of the show. It’s a difficult but elegant endeavour, constantly undermined by “helpful” knowledgeable forum denizens.

It was obvious that Oz did not know if / when Lysa would reappear. He could easily have looked up such info on the internet—he is an articulate WICnet reviewer. Even pointing out details that aired on the show is bad form: as a book reader you know what details will be relevant, so “hey you should have noticed such detail” is ALSO a spoiler. Don’t be a dick, don’t blunder out info which you fail to recognize as spoilery. Just leave the Unsullied discuss among themselves in peace, relax and read with extra popcorn!

29. Jeff O'Connor
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Yeah, the Unsullied allure seems fairly universal. I do the same as Oz with another fantasy franchise and people always enjoy reading my first-timer impressions just the same. Unfortunately some folks wield spoilers like daggers. Navigating the forum world can be tricky.

30. Hounded
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Dominique Lavigne,

Fine fine – no need to soil your smallclothes. The Unsullied I know would never visit a GoT fansite or even google ‘game of thrones’ for fear of spoilers. What I said wasn’t anything to do with the books – it was stuff I knew from visiting this website. If Unsullied are visiting this website they would know that as well. I don’t know for a fact that Lysa won’t be in the next episode but the fact that there’s been no sign of her in the previews suggests she won’t be. This is stuff I know from teasers and previews etc and has nothing to do with the book.

31. MRR
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Dominique Lavigne,

In this case it’s debatable…

Some people who haven’t read the books still pay attention to things like casting announcements, and in this case I’m fairly certain that’s what Oz is basing his remarks on. It’s not much of a “spoiler” to suggest that a certain character will be appearing if that particular actor has already been confirmed as returning this season. I’m sure many non-reading fans would avoid news like that, but I’m also sure that not all of them do.

(Nothing book-related in what I wrote above, but better safe than sorry!)

32. Charles
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

i doubt that my feedback of “make everything the way it was before” will receive much of a reception. =)

33. mal
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

about the Thenns…when did this show become Star Trek? Couldn’t they have been more subtle? I’d rather they inject some color into some of the men’s costume’s rather than this. If Daario can’t have blue hair, Thenn’s shouldn’t look like another race of humans.

34. Greatjon of Slumber
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

I’ll only hint that several characters get lost in the Pine Barrens this week and need to call Tony and Bobby Bacala.

Wait, that’s not right, somehow.

35. Soopa Doop
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

I hope whatever happens, happens soon because I fear I may have been spoiled. Disappointing thing is I wasn’t researching anything online and nobody came up to me or messaged me to spoil me. Completely unexpected how it happened and I won’t say how it happened because I don’t want others who haven’t thought twice about it to think back to a certain event and realize it may be a spoiler. If it’s what I think it is, I just want it to happen so I can go back to not knowing anything, and just enjoy my own theories.

What I am excited for is watching the how, who, when, and why.

36. Lyanna Mormont
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Ritual scarification is hardly unknown among humans…

37. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Greatjon of Slumber,

No I think that’s right. Petyr Pinenuts and Celwyn Manwoody. They stumble across an abandoned litter and take shelter for the night.

38. Ours is the Fury
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

This is why book readers are not supposed to be commenting in these posts except for very minimal comments.

Do not answer questions from the Unsullied. Of ANY kind. They are chatting amongst themselves. The standard rule is, ANY book talk at all will be deleted. Do not offer information about the coming season, as many people actually do avoid watching the full length previews and reading spoiler-filled casting news posts.

Sullied folks- just don’t.

39. Ibby
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

Gendry has no experience rowing a boat, doesn’t know how to swim, and is a blacksmith to boot. Blacksmiths are famous for having one arm stronger than the other. Gendry has obviously spent the entire time since he left Dragonstone rowing in circles (counterclockwise) in the middle of Blackwater Bay. It’s 200+ miles from Dragonstone to king’s Landing. I hope he gets a lift soon.

40. I Know Of Fear
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

mal:
    about the Thenns…when did this show become Star Trek? Couldn’t they have been more subtle? I’d rather they inject some color into some of the men’s costume’s rather than this.If Daario can’t have blue hair, Thenn’s shouldn’t look like another race of humans.

The Thenns look like another race of humans because they practice ritual scarification? I associate it less with Star Trek bumpy head aliens and more with hunter gatherer societies.

As for being subtle, there may in fact be subtle differences in which Free Folk practice scarification and for what purposes. Modern day Nigeria has hundreds of ethnic groups living side by side such as the Igbo, Yoruba, and Oyo using scars for different reasons. Some use facial scars on men to denote lineages of nobility. Some use belly scars on women to denote child bearing ability. Several cultures use shallow scars on children as part of taking rituals, but these fade with age. Perhaps wildling tribes have just as much diversity as Nigeria.

41. Longtime Reader
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

The site redesign looks good, HOWEVER – the ads that pop up and completely block the content is very, very annoying. How am I supposed to read your content when I can’t see behind the ads?

42. Zack
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Sullied folks- just don’t.

What is the opinion on responding to thoughts that don’t require book knowledge at all. There is a bit of speculation in Oz’s post up there where the answer was hinted previously, that it seems he missed. Can I mention that?

I’ll put it in spoilers if anyone wants to not read it, and moderators can delete and I promise not to be offended.

But Oz says: How will Lysa react to the wedding proposal of Baelish? And his speculation ignores the Littlefinger comment from the TV program about Lysa always having feelings for him.

Anyway. That’s all I had to say. I am just enjoying the comments otherwise :)

43. Ours is the Fury
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

Zack,

No. Because book readers spot and remember things that Unsullied viewers do not, for obvious reasons. We know when something is significant, and isn’t just an off the cuff remark. Book readers really should not be commenting in these posts. But we understand that people want to share their appreciation for Oz’s posts and that is fantastic- so long as readers leave it at that. Answering questions or pointing out what the Unsullied have missed, offering any piece of information at all from the books- don’t do it. We’re not going to explain this every week, the posts will simply be deleted.

44. Reynardd the Fox
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Can anyone help with passage of time in Westeros since last season? For example, I have no idea of how long Gendry has been (or could have been) in the row boat. Obviously, the producers will have to deal with the physical aging of the childhood actors (as well as the rest of the cast), and being an “unsullied”, I have no preconception as to how old characters *should be* and don’t really care how fast they age relative to our world, but I often feel as though the show “time shifts” freely. Anyone else?

45. Zack
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    Zack,

Works for me. Thank you!

46. James
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

Reynardd the Fox,

I believe I heard somewhere that about a month had passed between the Red Wedding and beginning of season 4, but I’m not sure how accurate that is.

47. Baelfire
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

Reynardd the Fox,

Jaime said he’d been back for a few weeks in last week’s episode, but we don’t know if the Dragonstone storyline is at the same point in time (in the last episode of Season 3, we see both Stannis and Joffrey react to the Red Wedding, but it makes sense for King’s Landing to have heard of this earlier, for instance).

48. Hodoristic
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

Longtime Reader:
    The site redesign looks good, HOWEVER – the ads that pop up and completely block the content is very, very annoying.How am I supposed to read your content when I can’t see behind the ads?

49. Hexonx
    Posted April 12, 2014 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

Hodoristic: Use ad blocker addon(s), and you will never have this issue again. On this site, or any other.

Love me some Ad Block Plus. I’ve never seen an ad on WiC.

50. 3eyes
    Posted April 13, 2014 at 12:18 am | Permalink

Red Velvet!:D:D:D She does remind me of the Velvets in Neverwhere, except that she’s, y’know, red. Oh Great and Powerful One, once again you are spot on. Looking forward the most to Varys’ next move – I suspect he still plans to help Sansa, who I still believe will surprise us all. New design is easier to read, so a toast to Zach.

51. TheBerylfly
    Posted April 13, 2014 at 2:31 am | Permalink

Oh, Oz. I can’t wait till you see…
    *and then a little beartrap slams my mouth shut*

52. wizardeyes
    Posted April 13, 2014 at 4:49 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Always great fun to hear from you Fury

53. Zack
    Posted April 13, 2014 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

wizardeyes:
    Ours is the Fury,

Always great fun to hear from you Fury

I hope that’s not sarcastic. She and the rest of the mods want everyone to be able to enjoy the series fresh. I know I would have disliked hearing all but the most minor of spoilers ahead of time, and the rest of the internet is full of assbags trying intentionally to spoil as much as they can for show watchers.

It’s good to have a clear policy here so that newcomers can feel at least they have this one haven. I hope none of them ‘like’ Game of Thrones on Facebook and read the comments posted to those topics, for instance. Nowhere is safe.

54. WildSeed
    Posted April 13, 2014 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    Zack,

Full agreement here. Although it remains a viable option to read those posts, I haven’t, I always skip them. Let the Unsullied have their say. I’d be too tempted to comment, as I once did with it’s introductory post. I’ve regretted it ever since. For the most part, I do not read them because other dissimilar topics offer a choice.

edit : how amusing, I had no idea I was commenting in Oz’s Forum. This website is getting me confused about where to navigate. Sorry for taking up space in this post. Won’t happen again ) :

55. Blinded Dragon
    Posted April 14, 2014 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

“… welcome the new and improved (and still identifiable) WiC!”

Disagree strongly with that. What I see after scrolling down a screen and a half of white space with formatting text on the left is

“NTER is COM”

Then your text, followed by two “ads” for other parts of the webpage, then finally the comments, formatted exactly the same way as the preceding ads. The white space is at the top of every page on the website, takes forever to load (on a broadband cable connection) and is a definite turnoff for this likely-to-become-former faithful reader.

Your post was fun, as always, once I finally got to it.