GoT Laughs: Why get HBO Go to watch Game of Thrones
By Hear Me Roar on in Humor.

HBO has produced a series of seven promo videos for HBO Go, explaining why it is a good idea to make use of the service. Game of Thrones is of course featured, not just in one but in two of them (the rest make use of True Blood, True Detective, Girls, and Curb Your Enthusiasm). See the GoT videos below. Quite hilarious!

1. Mescalinic
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 5:01 am | Permalink

that’s actually quite funny :D
    (ehi, this means that i can go back reading this blog, or is every topic still full of rape-related duels?)

2. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 5:10 am | Permalink

No Boardwalk Empire… Great show which NEEDS more love

3. King of the Ashes
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 5:53 am | Permalink

lol!! thats paul rudd, lol.

4. hargard
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 5:54 am | Permalink

Ser Davos Seaworth,

Great show which NEEDED more love. Now it’s too late for that. Final season this year, only eight episodes…:/

5. jentario
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 5:54 am | Permalink

Mescalinic,

You’re in for a rape, my friend. Prepare your anus.

6. dragonreborn
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 5:56 am | Permalink

ahahaha! I watched the s01e01 with mom, I understand :D

7. Walter Harrow
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 6:51 am | Permalink

Off topic, but ive only just seen the synopsis for episodes 5-7 and Arya is not mentioned in any of them :(

I know they dont include everything that is happening but im a bit worried that she wont feature much in the rest of the season.

8. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 7:08 am | Permalink

Walter Harrow,

There are an average of 5 character arcs per episode and on average each synopsis only covers 3, therefore we can never be entirely sure of what happens from the synopsis alone. i’d assume arya will get at least 6 episodes this season, hopefully 7.

9. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 7:14 am | Permalink

hargard,

only 8 episodes… that sucks balls i’m secretly hoping for a spin off show, maybe focusing on the younger gangsters like meyer lansky, charlie ‘lucky’ luciano and Al Capone (since after richard harrow he’s my favourite character) and their gangster careers through their later and more prosperous years

10. wizardeyes
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 7:41 am | Permalink

hargard,

Where have you heard its only going to be 8 episodes?

11. Ser House of House House
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 7:50 am | Permalink

I watched the first episode with my Mom as well. She said the nearly the exact same thing. According to her I have great grandparents who were first cousins. So weird, I could have lived without knowing that info. I approve these messages. So funny!

12. jentario
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 7:58 am | Permalink

Will the pale mare hit Drogon? Will that be the first official dragon poo scene? Time will tell. For now, rape.

13. Tyrell19
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Where can one find the synopsis’ for eps 5-7?

14. Deathdreams
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 8:59 am | Permalink

jentario:

Is runny dragon poo as desirable as “regular” dragon poo?

Hand of the Kingslayer, You are the expert?

15. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 9:13 am | Permalink

These are classic, even with the PR/performance issue that HBO Go currently has. I love how HBO is owning that J & C scene with humor. Are these implying that we should all be watching GoT in isolation, under the covers, on the small screen? Never!

16. Tyrell19
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 9:34 am | Permalink

17. WompWomp
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 9:56 am | Permalink

It’s amazing how this particular family marathoned over 20 episodes in the same sitting. Anyone else impressed by their dedication?

Ah, Boardwalk Empire… may it end strong. It should have gone on for a full six seasons, but considering the dramatic ratings drop-off, I think we’re lucky we’re getting as much of it as we are.

18. Arriba
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 10:09 am | Permalink

I rewatch it with my mother dubbed in spanish so I understand these lol. Especially the physical descriptions of characters LOL

19. jentario
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Deathdreams,

Mix it with some egg yoke and stir it in a pot. Within an hour, your poo will be solid again. And I killed Hand of the Kingslayer. It was an off-season name, but I’m done with it.

20. jentario
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Also… HOW IS THIS NOT A GOT LAUGH YET?!
    Seriously, that shit is hilarious

21. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

My dad read the books and still call Daenerys “that dragon lady.” I’ve told him he should watch the show, but I don’t think I’d want to watch with him.

22. Mariya Martell
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

WompWomp:

23. Mariya Martell
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Mariya Martell: They didn’t watch all those episodes in a row. That’s just how long it took that mother to understand that those two were brother and sister. You know how parents are…

Oh wait, there are two videos…

24. tysnow
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

I attended a GoT viewing party near campus this past week, there were almost thirty people watching it. I was told the premiere had roughly fifty present. Furthermore when at a yesterday local grocer, I mentioned off the cuff I was buying a new limited edition pizza for GoT night. The girl behind me said she and her family attends a GoT party every week at their neighbors, being the family does’t have HBO. She said about two dozen people were their watching it in two rooms.
    I know of at least a dozen other GoT parties on campus every week, therefore HBO should find a way to incorporate these figures in the viewership. GoT is one of those special shows which draws obscenely large crowds to weekly parties.
    Perhaps create a special GoT day where HBO requests everyone watching tweet numbers and/or message pics of GoT parties or family friend gatherings viewing the show.

25. Zack
    Posted April 23, 2014 at 11:30 pm | Permalink

Oh, wow. Very clever, HBO! :D

tysnow,

That’s a great idea. I’m sure there are countless people watching it like that.

I wish HBO would strike deals with large national theater chains like Regal to show the episodes in that kind of mindblowing scale. Sell season pass tickets for $100 or something. I would buy it and go every week.

26. gisizzlah
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Gee HBO why dont you extend HBOGO to other countries like HBO Caribbean?…