Sophie Turner on Sansa Stark’s newfound relief and trusting Littlefinger
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

Sansa Stark was whisked away from the scene of the crime by Ser Dontos, only to watch him fall at the hands of Littlefinger, whom she now must trust to sail her home.

In a new interview with Access Hollywood, Sophie Turner discusses Sansa’s reaction to Joffrey’s death, and how she’s feeling about Dontos and her new saviour, Littlefinger.

AccessHollywood.com: Do you think Sansa is relieved at all by Joffrey’s death?

Sophie Turner: I mean, she’s definitely relieved. The thing is, is that he was the main kind of factor that was keeping her in King’s Landing, but then there’s all the other people like Cersei and Jaime and she’s still in a marriage to Tyrion. I mean, everyone still wants her to be kept prisoner, so there was definite relief, but she knows that there’s no way that she can escape them – and she does!

Access: With the help of Ser Dontos. How do you think she feels when she finds out Ser Dontos was full of baloney?

Sophie: Well, I think the thing about Ser Dontos is he has like a genuinely good heart. He’s a drunk and he doesn’t know what he’s doing. He didn’t do anything really to offend Sansa. He’s just doing what he thinks is right because he knows in the end that she’s gonna get out, and I think Sansa knows that and she feels a lot of compassion towards him, especially because of like at the beginning of Season 2, when he had to drink all that wine. Poor guy.

Access: To see Littlefinger is behind [her rescue] and to see him – how does she feel when all that happens? She wants to trust somebody and he’s the one telling her don’t trust anybody and yet putting himself forward as the one she can trust.

Sophie: I know. … I don’t know really how she feels about Littlefinger. I mean, she’s very wary about everyone and he’s made it super clear that he is not really the one to be trusted. We all know that Ned put his trust in Littlefinger and Littlefinger betrayed it, so Sansa’s not going to be too quick to jump into trusting him or anyone for that matter.

Access: A lot of people are excited about this new ‘fighter’ Arya, but Sansa is a survivor and that’s just as meaningful in a world like this to be a survivor. Can you talk a little bit about how you see her? There’s so many things that could have happened to her and she’s managed to ride out the storms.

Sophie: I think Sansa is one of the strongest people because the thing about this world that people don’t realize is that, yeah, there are these cool fighting badasses like Brienne and Arya, but the real easiest way to survive is to keep your mouth shut and do what people want you to do and Sansa’s like clicked on to this and that’s why she’s gone on for so long. People aren’t scared of her, people don’t suspect her. I think it’s a very brave and very intelligent thing to do.

For more from Sophie’s interview, including some very long sleeves, pranks on the set, and her friendship with Maisie Williams, visit Access Hollywood.

1. Josla
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

I love you Sansa

2. DavosFTW!
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Davos?

3. zigzag
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

That was very weird choice that they had Dontos killed in front of Sansa? Why did Little finger do that? Isn’t he smarter than that? Why would he kill him in front of her while he is trying to make her trust him?? For someone smart like LF Just makes no sense…

Book readers, is that how it is played out in the books too? he does that in front of Sansa?

4. gewa76
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

zigzag,

5. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Sophie: We all know that Ned put his trust in Littlefinger and Littlefinger betrayed it, so Sansa’s not going to be too quick to jump into trusting him or anyone for that matter.

I hope Sophie realizes that Sansa inadvertently betrayed her father as well.

Anyway, I am fascinated with how the show will depict her next phase, pulling all those thoughts out of her head and onto the screen.

6. Chickenduck
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

zigzag,

Yeah, happens the same way in the book.

That’s a good point you raise though. If it was a show-only detail, us book-readers might be tearing it to shreds as being kind of sloppy work from Littlefinger, but as it’s in the books, we don’t question it ;)

TBH I’d probably just read it as a deliberate display of power by Littlefinger to Sansa.

7. slayjoy
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

zigzag,

Yes that’s more or less how it plays out in the book. To answer your question from using only the things that Littlefinger said IN THE SHOW, so as not to spoil: (I’m going to put in spoiler tags anyway though, just in case others dont want a detailed explanation from a book reader) He was making a point to her that Dontos wasn’t helping her purely out of the good of his heart, but for gold. And that means that if someone gave him enough gold, Dontos may spill the beans about Sansa, (especially being a drunk to boot). Telling her that the necklace was his idea proved to Sansa that Dontos also is a liar (he said it was his grandmothers). So in a weird way, Littlefinger was trying to get Sansa to trust him more, and to make her feel like Littlefinger is the only one she can trust, and finally, that she needs to understand not everyone is who they seem to be, and also a very subtle reinforcement to Sansa of his power.

8. Sansa Bird
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

I’m eagerly waiting to see how the show plays out this newfound relationship. It’s obvious from any of the interviews with Aiden or Sophie that their storyline is staying immensely under wraps, so we really don’t know what to expect. All I can hope for is a faithful, thrilling adaption! :)

9. Chickenduck
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

Oh, and also, I totally expected Dontos to survive the escape and take the role of Marillion as patsy for Lysa’s murder.

But that’s out the window now, so how do we think that’ll play out?

10. slayjoy
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Chickenduck,

Hah wow never even considered that but now that you say it, I could have easily seen them going that route. My guess probably just some random singer or character that will be set up a few episodes prior?

11. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

Chickenduck,

Maybe the cellkeeper who made the deal with Tyrion in S1 will be framed? A bit of irony perhaps? I don’t know how he would be the witness though. Maybe SweetRobin has another friend?

12. Tourist
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

Just a thought and sorry if it has been mentioned, but do any of you think it was intentional the use of color (blue) in the scene. It goes from red to blue.

13. IvanGroznyIV
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

zigzag,

He kills him in front of her. In the book Dontos had been in contact with Sansa since early in the second book, so well before the Battle of Blackwater. He had been feeding her a story of how he was risking himself to save her because he owed her his life, with no other motive. This played on one of Sansa’s favorite stories, the story of Florian and Jonquil, the tale of a fool who falls in love with a fair maiden. In other words, she was on some level still indulging in fairy tales of a heroic knight coming to the rescue, even in the form of a fool.

When Littlefinger killed Dontos in front of Sansa, he was teaching her a lesson he could not have taught her if he had gently killed him without her knowing about it.

14. Zack
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 11:06 pm | Permalink

This is going to be my favorite Sansa season so far, I think. I’ve grown to like the character more each season. Sophie has such a great, expressive face for Sansa.

Can’t wait to see her take on some of my favorite scenes in the entire series this season and next. And I’m excited to see where she goes in the next book. Her path forward is…ridiculously compelling. I can’t be certain what’s going to happen but I think she’ll be more of a ‘doer’ than she’s been able to be so far. And that’s a very fun prospect to think about.

15. zigzag
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

Ok I can see that his motive as you folks explained could be so she only trusts him and no one else, although I feel like she still didn’t buy his answer since she had a soft spot for Dontos, especially that she had saved his life before from Joffry. She had seen so much brutality in KL that I guess another act of cruelty wasn’t the best welcome right after her escape… But then again we are talking about poor Sansa who is not the brightest character in the story and I guess LF knows how naive she is !

16. WildSeed
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 11:22 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Maud ? Mord ? yes, him. He sends his regards from Fiji , where he purchase a condo in a warmer climate. Tyrion’s gold met the sale price for a nice abode and and braces for his teeth.

Chickenduck,

So many tight lipped plans for the season, it’s truly difficult to speculate about anything without going off on some crackpot tangent. Notably, there have been a couple of cast members chosen for the Vale/Eyrie, but I wonder how far they’ll get into the nasty bits at the Eyrie. The scenes at the Fingers are most likely cut. I won’t miss it, entirely, but it would have been nice to see his humble beginnings.

Maya Stone ? Mountain Goats ? Winterfell ice castle ?

17. WildSeed
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

Tourist,

umm… indigo ?

18. moonlightof1982
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

I love Sansa and Petyr!!! I so want them to be together… in every way!!!!

19. Tourist
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Although I do love indigo that is not what I meant. I don’t know how to explain I am very bad with words, but when there is a scene in Kings Landing it is usually red and when you go, for example, to the wall or Arya it is blue. So I thought maybe it is some sort of transition for Sansa. That is why I usually stay away from posting, I make a mess of words.

20. Sean C.
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:28 am | Permalink

WildSeed:
    The scenes at the Fingers are most likely cut.

They filmed exteriors in Iceland, and from various spoilers they won’t be getting to the Eyrie until episode 7, so I would expect to see the Fingers.

The way the handled Sansa’s story in the first three episodes was incredibly underwhelming (much like all of last season, though they at least stopped making her the butt of jokes, even if they can’t stop cutting her good material), but hopefully things will improve now that she’s away from the Lannisters and the Tyrells. It was clear by this point that the writers were never going to actually focus on the character as long as she was in their orbit.

21. Fire And Blood
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:29 am | Permalink

WildSeed:
    Tourist,

umm… indigo ?

22. Fire And Blood
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:29 am | Permalink

P.S. Sophie is awesome.

23. Sansa Bird
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:41 am | Permalink

Sean C.,

Yeah, I think the Fingers were surprisingly included. In a trailer Sansa was seen tossing/turning over in a bed with a displeased facial expression. I could only conclude they kept the Petyr/Lysa wedding night at the Fingers (hopefully?). Plus, the sets and architecture don’t fit for the Eyrie. The scene has her in an odd, coarse, and bare stone room.

But I’m trying desperately to not get my hopes up. Last season proved such an anticlimactic disappointment.

24. Sansa Bird
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:43 am | Permalink

Zack,

The Emmy panel better warm up in preparation. This is Soph’s season. I was praying she’d get acknowledged for her brilliant, devastating performance in s2, but sadly it wasn’t her time!

25. Sifusifu
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Tourist,

Interesting. I think I’ll rewatch certain episodes with this in mind…

26. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 1:10 am | Permalink

Sansa Bird,

She better have a powerful agent. If Lena Headey and Michelle Fairley couldn’t garner nominations, it will be extremely difficult for Sophie. Lets be honest, the role of Sansa is not showy enough to stand out. Of the young actors in the cast, Maisie has a showier role, and plays, generally, a more liked character. I do love Sophie, and I believe she has improved more than any other actor on the show.

27. Sansa Bird
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 1:15 am | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

I knoooww. Let me keep my fragile dreams.

But you’re completely right. Lena and Michelle have given incredible performances which surpass those in their categories, yet they couldn’t pick up a nom.

28. moonlightof1982
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 1:43 am | Permalink

Sansa Bird,

About the Wedding, I Hope so as well!!! It was Hilarious!!!!

29. Chickenduck
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 2:40 am | Permalink

WildSeed,

I definitely remember seeing articles that they’d cast Lyn Corbray and Bronze Yohn Royce. I think I also remember them casting someone whose agent said they’d be Maya Stone, but I might be thinking of someone else.

But the patsy for Lysa’s flight will probably be a new character who happens to just be up there.

30. Claire Johnson
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 3:00 am | Permalink

moonlightof1982,

I was deeply traumatized by the Petyr/Lysa sex scene as read by Roy Dotrice

31. Greenjones
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 3:21 am | Permalink

Claire Johnson,

I was deeply traumatized by ANY sex scene read by Roy Dotrice.

32. Lou Reed
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 3:42 am | Permalink

Chickenduck,

A guess would be Emun Elliott from S1 returns as Marilion?

33. Chickenduck
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 4:15 am | Permalink

Lou Reed,

No, because in S1 he got his tongue cut out by Joffrey.

34. jentario
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 6:00 am | Permalink

Chickenduck,

Even better! A man that can not speak could hardly deny a murder. But I don’t think he’s coming back, we would have heard about it by now. It could easily be any knight or servant in the Eyrie.

35. jentario
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 6:03 am | Permalink

Sansa Bird,

Aiden and Sophie filmed in Iceland this season, which means that they’ll have a few scenes in the Vale before they reach the Eyrie. It’s possible that the Fingers are included.

36. A Man Grown
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 7:01 am | Permalink

Sansa Bird,

Mostly agreed on the Sansa disappointment last year. And Sansa’s meal with the ladies of House Tyrell is arguably my favorite scene in the entire book series (BUTTERBUMPS!), but the show version didn’t live up to it.

Agreed with your username too, before the show was even greenlit I’d already decided Sansa is my favorite female character in ASoIaF. The show doesn’t focus on her enough.

37. jentario
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 7:46 am | Permalink

A Man Grown,

Well, that’s about to change this season. Or so it seems.

38. Zack
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Sansa Bird:
    Zack,

Sansa’s material gets better and better! And it’s an unfortunate fact but awards shows rarely recognize wonderful child actors with anything but a token nomination. So a year like this or next year could mean higher odds for Sophie, considering she’s older now and the material is likely to be so good.

I expect even if she doesn’t win an Emmy, she will deserve one.

39. jentario
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 8:42 am | Permalink

Zack,

Wow there. You are a tad bit optimistic. The Emmies were never a great friend to Thrones (or any fantasy show) in terms of the big prizes, and when they do opt to nominate our cast it’s usually the obvious popular characters instead of the actors that shined the brightest in pure acting. That’s why Michelle Fairley didn’t get nominated for best supporting actress, and why Nikolaj Coster Waldau didn’t get an Emmy last year. Instead, they nominated Emilia (which is actually understandable since she had a big season) and Peter (let’s face it, season 3 was Tyrion’s weakest and it will always be). The odds of Sophie being nominated for an Emmy (let alone winning it) are as close to zero as humanly possible, no matter how spectacular her performance ends up.

Who will be nominated this time? You guessed it: Peter Dinklage! Though in all fairness, he actually deserves a nomination this time. This may be Tyrion’s best season so far.

40. Tatters
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 8:53 am | Permalink

jentario,

Nikolaj didnt deserve an Emmy really.
    Peter deserves one every year almost, there will never be a better Tyrioo than him.

41. Darkstar
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Charles Dance. That is all………

Oh, and dear departed Jack Gleeson needs some love too.

42. Zack
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 9:47 am | Permalink

jentario,

I like to be optimistic when it comes to these people getting their deserved recognition for the great work they put in.

But I’m not holding my breath either. Fantasy is under-appreciated during awards season too. What may save Thrones is two-fold: its popularity, and that as far as fantasy goes, it’s more realistic than most. There aren’t elves, or dwarves. What magic there is is largely misdirection and trickery rather than real supernatural magic. (Shadow-baby assassin aside) It’s political drama more than it is fantasy.

But really…I agree with you. Other shows have better chances.

43. jentario
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Tatters,

A great character with nothing to do. He already has his Emmy, and he’ll have better seasons to get another (such as season 4), but in Season 3 Nikolaj was the standout male performance AND had a lot more to do (and harder things to pull off). Don’t let the rape this season cloud your judgement.

44. Blind Beth
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 10:34 am | Permalink

Claire Johnson,

Haha, yeah, me too.

45. Dheep'
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Yes ,Agree. This goes along with other strange choices the Producer’s have occasionally made.
    Littlefinger is very duplicitous & Crafty. He would not have killed Dontos in front of Her.

46. Annara Snow
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Chickenduck:

But that’s out the window now, so how do we think that’ll play out?

I always thought that it wouldn’t make any sense. How could Dontos play Marillion’s role (I suppose you mean by being framed for Lysa’s murder)?
    For starters, why allow him to go to the Eyrie? His presence would be a loose end – people would notice that he’s missing and suspect him of sneaking Sansa out, so they would be looking for him; which is exactly what happened in the books.
    Secondly, he’s not a part of Lysa’s household as Marillion was. He would be someone who came with LF and is in his employ. If he were framed for Lysa’s murder – well, that’s almost the same as LF admitting he did it. People would assume or suspect that he did in on LF’s orders. And even those who wouldn’t, would blame LF.
    Anyone that Lysa trusts and that’s a part of her household can play Marillion’s role. It’s not that important. It’s not like Marillion had lots of characterization before ASOS, other than being a bragging coward. His creepy sexual behavior and his willingness to be an accessory to murder were things we didn’t know about him in AGOT.

47. Annara Snow
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 11:11 am | Permalink

zigzag:

No, Sansa is a character that people (wrongly) judge to be not too bright, which can serve her well, especially with LF, who thinks that she is completely naive.

But LF’s methods with Sansa are complicated – he is trying to get her to trust him, but not so much in the “I’m really trustworthy” way, more so in the “you can’t trust anyone else, I’m all you’ve got” way. He’s simultaneously isolating her from others, trying to get her to see him as her only friend, and subtly (or not so subtly) threatening her.

48. Annara Snow
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Dheep’:

As pointed out by others, it’s not a choice the producers have made. He did the exact same thing in the books.

49. Rillion
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Why did he kill Dantos right then? Expediency and efficiency. They needed to leave and he doesn’t have the time to pay off Dantos then kill him later. He doesn’t want to leave any of his people behind to kill Dantos and now the only people that kniw he was working with Dantos or had him killed are on the boat with him, sailing away from Kings Landing. I think any lesson he tries to teach Sansa from it is just making lemonade out of lemons.

50. Duval
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Sophie is lovely and I hope she gets the material she needs.

Also, IGN uploaded a rather nice inteview with Aidan Gillen surprisingly enough, considering how little we hear of him.

51. Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Tourist,

I think I understand what you’re saying. The color palette on the ship is definitely different than what we normally see her in King’s Landing and we can see the color difference in preview scenes. King’s Landing has always been shown to be a southern city, full of light and warmth–hence the warm hues. And she was always in the spotlight, so the lighting metaphorically fit her situation. But since her location is changing to colder, less sunny climes (and book readers know where she is going but I don’t want to spoil it here) the change in lighting and hues makes sense. Now from a practical perspective, the boat that LF and Sansa are on is not real…a sound-stage with the deck of a ship for them to stand on maybe, so they use fog to hide the sound-stage background? plus the fog conveniently helps with the story, making their getaway all the more secretive. All that combines to mean a different palette cinematography-wise. Metaphorically speaking it fits as well. She’s going into hiding and her position with regards to being a Stark, with LF and in many other ways is going to get murkier.

That’s a nice catch by the way….I haven’t seen anyone else mention it and I myself didn’t really consciously note the difference until you commented on it.

52. Sean C.
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    A Man Grown,

Well, that’s about to change this season. Or so it seems.

Considering that they pretty much completely cut her out of her own escape, and reduced that escape to like twenty seconds, I wouldn’t be overly optimistic about them focusing on her based on what we’ve seen so far. I was expecting the opening episodes to be big ones for Sansa based on the source material, but she was a featured extra at the wedding and her own scenes in episodes 1 and 3 were as minimal as the writers could manage.

53. Auren
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Sean C.,

I liked her escape on the show. In the book is more exciting and all, but hey, it’s an adaptation. They could not show her descending a cliff and rowing in the river in silence for 15 minutes.
    And I prefer the few minutes she had so far in the first three episodes than her whole storyline in season three.

54. queenofthorns
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

IvanGroznyIV: When Littlefinger offered Dontos the money, and Dontos revealed thereby that he was in fact doing it all for the money, I took it as Littlefinger killing such illusions dead forever. Life is not a song and, while the loss of her father and her family made that pretty clear to Sansa already, the realization that Dontos sold her rather than rescued her was meant to dispel whatever was left of such fantasies.

I find this silly, it’s definitely possible to have more than one motivation for doing something. All LF showed in this scene is that he’s a monster who literally only cares about his own self interest and has no honor or loyalty whatsoever.

55. moonlightof1982
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Claire Johnson,

MY Precious, My Precious, PEEETTTTYYYRRR!!!!!

LOL!!!!

56. Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

queenofthorns,

Actually, in an interview out today, Gillen says that LF is mentoring Sansa and stripping away her naivete is part of his agenda and this is supported by just about everything in the books.

57. somuchforoldtown
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

There are so many cool characters in the books that got the axe. Why? So D&D can squander screen time and torment us with the ever-annoying, pointless character of Sansa? By the all the Gods D&D, exercise those adaption powers and kill off Sansa as quickly as possible.

58. Sean C.
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Auren:

I agree, but that’s pretty much the definition of a low bar, considering how badly they botched her season 3 story.

59. Grey Ghost
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Yaaaay she’s goin home :)

I hope the giants don’t attack :o

60. Nancy
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

I think Sophie did some really good work in the first episodes this season. Probably the best she’s done on the show. It’s nice to watch her grow as an actor.
    As for Emmys, GoT is lucky to get the attention it does with so many quality shows on air right now. But as for the actors, I would not hold my breath for a nomination for either Maisie or Sophie. One thing that I think holds GoT actors (besides Dinklage, who already got an Emmy for his role on the show) back is their screen time compared to their counterparts in the supporting categories. The Emmys, in my mind, were definitely remiss in not recognizing NCW and Michelle Fairley for their good turns last season.

61. IvanGroznyIV
    Posted April 26, 2014 at 5:42 am | Permalink

queenofthorns: I find this silly, it’s definitely possible to have more than one motivation for doing something.All LF showed in this scene is that he’s a monster who literally only cares about his own self interest and has no honor or loyalty whatsoever.

In the show, perhaps. The GoT writers in general do an awful job of writing for Littlefinger. What is, in the books, one of the most cunning and duplicitous characters around here is just a giant asshole who wears his assholish on his sleeve, as you say. By all logic, as a man with no lands and no armies who has no friends and makes his ambitions so very, very blatant to everyone around him, Show!Littlefinger should have been killed by somebody a long time ago.

In the case of the book, however, his logic for killing Dontos is perfectly sound. Dontos was, as he says at some point, a wineskin with legs. The moment the money ran out, he would just as happily sell the details of Sansa’s escape for more money to buy drink, just as he sold her to Littlefinger in the first place. He is not a figure worth pitying.

So Littlefinger kills two birds with one stone: he removes a loose end, who really had it coming in any case, and also kills whatever is left of his new protege’s fantasies by doing so right after he makes it clear to her that he was an ungrateful bastard who was simply selling her to Littlefinger for money.

Lesson #1 for his new student: drop the illusions. All of them. There is no room for fairy tales if you intend to play the game well. Dontos just happened to provide the absolute perfect object lesson.

That doesn’t come across as well in the show, though, since they didn’t much of anything with the Dontos plotline until the absolute last minute.