Game of Owns: Friends and Fridays
By WiC Staff on in Podcast.

Episode 213 – Friends and Fridays

iTunes | Download | RSS

From a late-night recording session, Game of Owns returns four hosts strong in a revisitation of Bran’s coversation with the weirwood, and a piece-by-piece look into thoughts and theories from listeners like you.

Discussion Topics

A new Friday
Bran’s vision
The tree
Science of seeing
The crystal face
Dragons, and shadow
The Stranger
Protecting Molestown
Reads the Tweets
Daario
A virtual graveyard

1. King Tyrion
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Eric I loved the link between the trees and Speaker for the Dead. Excellent reference

2. Manuel Paredes
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

On a non episode related matter, I just switched to Android from iOS and I can’t seem to find a good enough podcast manager. I’ve tried ipp player, Dogg catcher and some others.

Which app do you use on your Android devices for listening to GOO?

3. Patty
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

I’ve read Enders Game too and I never made that connection but it is sorta the same thing with regards to Bran.

4. King Tyrion
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

Manuel Paredes,

I use beyond pod

5. Soopa Doop
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

Thanks for going over the Bran scene. Loved the discussion and that may have been the best post theme Easter egg ever.

6. Just a Random
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Manuel Paredes,

I use ipp. It was the best free one I could find.

7. spacechampion
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Manuel Paredes:
    Which app do you use on your Android devices for listening to GOO?

Beyond Pod is great. It’s the Podrick Payne of Podcast apps.

8. spacechampion
    Posted April 25, 2014 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

I wish among Bran’s visions we got to see whatever vision it was Mel showed to Stannis.

9. Manuel Paredes
    Posted April 26, 2014 at 3:44 am | Permalink

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions, I can now enjoy my share of GOO on the go.

10. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted April 26, 2014 at 4:01 am | Permalink

It felt really awesome getting my last Own mentioned. Between you, AA Podcast and Vassals of Kingsgrave, I’m spoiled for choice with Thrones/Ice & Fire analysis.

Keep up the good work!

11. Dragonstone
    Posted April 26, 2014 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Another great GOO episode! Really good insight into the trees, Eric! Lovin the addition of Katie to the team :) That bit at the end was hilarious!!!

12. Lollius Palicanus
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:01 am | Permalink

Awesome episode!

13. vivacity
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 9:04 am | Permalink

spacechampion:

What I imagine will happen is that the couple of frames of Ned’s eye in Bran’s vision will extend to a few seconds, and along with it, what we’ll gradually start to see as the view expands, is Ned breathing heavily at the Tower of Joy, Howland Reed by his side, while the corpses of five Northmen and three King’s Guards lay at their feet. And the detached shrieks of Catelyn’s ‘PROMISE ME’ will gradually morph into Lyanna’s plea ‘Promise me’