Game of Owns: Winter is Coming
By WiC Staff on in Podcast.

Episode 214 – Winter is Coming

iTunes | Download | RSS

A collection of thoughts are flooded into this Monday’s Game of Owns, recorded directly following the ending of ”Oathkeeper” and another mystery from the story.

Discussion Topics

Recovering from the ending
The ice council
Plot thickens
A confession
The long game
Justice in Meereen
The Kingslayer brothers
A new sword, a new squire
Late night visits
A plan at The Wall
Owns of the Week

1. WompWomp
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

This week the Sullied were OWNED. And most of us seemed to like it. ;)

2. Winter is not coming
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

here is a different look of the last night suprise http://www.glacialart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Game-Of-Thrones-Set.jpg

3. Andrea Drake
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Winter is not coming,

Amazing! Thanks for the photo, where did you find it?

4. Winter is not coming
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

westeros.org forums someone post it

5. mage
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Winter is not coming,

Nice! is that Benioff in costume? haha

6. Sansa's Knight
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Ahhh finally I can sleep peacefully and dream of thrones stuff … Love listening to these episodes in bed …

7. Renly's Peach
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

Baelish allied with Daenerys and the Iron Bank.

More breaking batshit news at 11.

8. Rhaegar-T
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

Kate, you really mentioned somethin really interesting when u drew a paralel with Tywins speech about justice not being the most important and core thing to go after as a ruler and Danys obsession of “eye for an eye” hardcore justice.

When u think about that Tywin speech, maybe some more paralels can be found.

1. “Winning is not the same as ruling” -> Robb Stark winning all battles but failing at true ‘game of thrones’ strategies.
    2. “Holiness, blinded by religion” -> Stannis and how he devotes all of what he does to the red priestess and that god.
    3. Justice and Dany

Also i assume u guys noticed that the face that was seen in Brans visions in episode 2, was basically the WW face in the ending scene from last nights episode, Oathkeeper. With an icy foreground and a WW face behind.

9. John M W
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

How come you guys decided not to do the Season 2 commentaries?

10. Valyrian Walker
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 1:41 am | Permalink

I’m surprised u guys didn’t mention the events at the craster’s more. specially the creepy ‘Gift for the Gods’ chanting

11. Sansa's Knight
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 1:59 am | Permalink

I need to listen to the podcast again …fell off to sleep listening to my favourite voices

12. Ena Kobentar
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 6:41 am | Permalink

RoadPod should become a thing. :)

13. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 8:07 am | Permalink

Winter is not coming,

Typical, even an ancient race of ice demons in a frozen wasteland wear padded skirts! Really cool perspective though, seeing details on the Other that the film cameras didn’t pick up on, and I didn’t think they’d use real ice either.

Imagine what it must be like growing up with that wicked face permanently etched in your mind. I hope the baby was consoled off-screen.

Anyway, OWNS! Mine has to go to Bronn for reminding us of why Tyrion believes in his older brother.

14. Valyrian Walker
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 11:09 am | Permalink

I’m also surprised they didn’t bring up Bran’s visions from 2nd episode. In 1 of the visions it seems its very similar to alter scene (white walker) behind ice, which we now know that the white walker is looking down at the alter but, if you notice the ice in 4th episode, you would notice that it has less cracks. and we kinda see something like small pebbles also in Bran’s vision scene. Therefore its not exactly the same as Bran’s vision.

Which only means maybe we would see some more of that footage or the white walkers before the end of this season. fingers crossed

15. Shabadoo
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

You dont know what you are talking about. (Ron Burgundy voice)

WompWomp:
    This week the Sullied were OWNED. And most of us seemed to like it. ;)

16. Lyanna Mormont
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Own of the episode goes to Grey Worm. Not only did he have that wonderful scene with Missandei, but this man who has only recently been freed from slavery voluntarily put on a slave’s collar in order to help others free themselves. That can’t have been easy.

Should be mentioned that Mole’s Town is south of the Wall. Sam is worried about Ygritte and Tormund’s band of wildlings raiding there, not Mance’s army.

Also, I’m forming the Society for Ethical Treatment of Hodors. Clearly, Westeros needs one.

17. Just a Random
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

@lyanna I’ll join SETH. (cue Sarah McLachlan music)

This episode had a lot to process. Pretty much everyone was moving forward, or on. I’m glad I am blissfully Unsullied because I thought all the scenes made sense and I didn’t have the burden of knowledge to detract from my GoT watching.

So Littlefinger is now working with the Tyrells or the Iron Bank? Both?

I also want to add that I miss the Wednesday #GOO.

18. Zaprowsdower
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Why does Eric insist on sticking up for the assholes of this series? The slavers? Seriously?

19. House Mormont
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Cringed at Eric standing up for the slavers saying Daenerys thinks they’re Kraznys… Kraznys’ insults are NOTHING compared to enslaving people and crucifying children, bearing in mind Dany was sold to a warlord

20. Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted May 1, 2014 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

I have a dumb question….I missed a bunch of GOO over the last 6 months and I wanted to know what happened to the previous female podcast member? Not that I don’t like Kate, because I do. Just curious….