WIC Live: Oathkeeper Recap Show
By WiC Staff on in WIC Live.

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 6.55.55 PM

The fourth season of HBO’s Game of Thrones seems to be flying by. Last evening, we were treated to the latest episode, Oathkeeper which was a Jamie-heavy episode. The Kingslayer had scenes with Tyrion, Cersei and of course, the “Maid of Tarth.” We also saw quite a bit of action up at The Wall, and Dany is nailing people to boards over in Meereen.

There was plenty to talk about and the hosts of WiC Live recapped it all this morning on the live stream. Join Adam Rady, Tybee Diskin, Bryan Forrest and special guest host, Alison Hasilip as they give their thoughts on last night’s show.

After the jump.

Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 4 Oathkeeper Recap by Winter Is Coming

1. Winter is not coming
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Barristan selmy

2. Hexonx
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

I like it when Dany addresses herself thusly:

I am Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, of the blood of Old Valyeria. I am the dragon’s daughter, and I swear to you that those who would harm you will die screaming.

She kind of had to crucify the masters to back that up.

And how much more epic would that shot of Dany looking down from the pyramid have been with Drogon perched at the top rather than the flag?

3. Clifton Orson
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Favorite discussion thus far, why isn’t this an hour? Good job and keep it up.

4. Jaqen is Q
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

What happened to Jessica? :(

5. TOIVA
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Why all the hate for the title Khaleesi?

Other than that, nice discussion. You were bouncing of each other better than in the past.

And I believe Daenerys is loosing her mind now, corrupt with power. Unless Jorah, Gey Worm and Baristan bring her to her senses, she may well become a true Targaryen.

6. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Jaqen is Q,

She has been filming some solo segments. She’ll be back next week!

7. Soopa Doop
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

Love me some Alison Haislip. So great in front of the camera and I’ve missed her since Attack of the Show. Very good show this week.

8. Atomix
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

Better

9. Ser Pounce
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

This was by far your best episode, you improved the pacing a lot compared to the first one, and it feels much more natural as a whole. Keep going in this direction!

P.S.
    Am I the only one who noticed how Maester Bryan is getting sexier each episode? Must be the stubble.

10. Valyrian Walker
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 2:43 am | Permalink

why the fuck are there so many ads in these videos… every 5 mins Bamm u get an ad in between.

11. Johan Sporre
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 5:55 am | Permalink

TOIVA,

It’s not the title that book readers have a problem with, but rather the frequent occurrence where show watchers think it’s her name.

Valyrian Walker,

That’s strange – I don’t get any ads.

12. Johan Sporre
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 5:58 am | Permalink

This was very good. I’d hope every episode could be as long as it needs to be (like GOO) rather than always cut at 30 mins.

13. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 9:14 am | Permalink

Valyrian Walker,

Unfortunately the show is pretty expensive to produce and so the advertising is paying for the show.

14. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 9:16 am | Permalink

Johan Sporre,

Hopefully down the line we can get to a format similar to that but we want to continue to perfect 30 minutes before we start expanding too much. The show will likely evolve over the years.

15. Andromeda
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Is there an RSS feed for WIC Live?

16. GeekFurious
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Finally watched this… your best episode to date. Alison is always great and fit perfectly into that discussion.

My biggest issue with the show is that it feels unnaturally rushed, and then you go to viewer questions that just take away from the flow of what is actually interesting about your discussions.

If I may make a suggestion, instead of cutting away from your discussions to take viewer questions, why not save them all for the final few minutes?

17. House Farwynd
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

For me it jumps back to the beginning after the ads :(
    Both on this site and the Dailymotion site…
    That’s probably me though, but in general; can’t you guys control when the ads hit? Maybe before questions from the viewers instead of in the middle of a sentence?

Deviations from the books I don’t mind at all anymore, as long as the Farwynds appear in the Kingsmoot, urging the Ironborn to sail west and discover America!

18. Paulette
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

I really enjoy the show but all I have to say is please do yourselves a favor and re-read the books because it simply makes you look uninformed when you say things like “The character of Locke is named something else in the books but I can’t remember what.” Since two out of the three did actually read the books I expect better overall knowledge of the book series. It’s not the first time I’ve seen one of these episodes for which I knew the answer right away and none of the hosts did.

19. 5mash
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Bros. “Littlefinger” is one word.

20. Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Best discussion by far this week. The Chemistry between the three of you accounts for it, I think. I agree with a previous commenter that the breaks to take chat room questions makes it too choppy…better to have them at the end IMHO.

Keep up the good work!