Spirits of Westeros: The Bloody Melisandre
By WiC Staff on in WIC Live.

Melisandre-house-baratheon-30161526-1280-720

The folks over at WIC Live have released another edition of Spirits of Westeros! Last time we learned how to make the Red Wedding Martini. This time around, Jessica Kinney shows us how to whip up a Bloody Melisandre.

Sounds like a good hangover cure.

Frankly, given the Red Woman’s penchant for burning people alive as a sacrifice to the Red God, we wouldn’t have minded seeing some high-proof stuff poured on top so the drink could be briefly lit on fire.

That, or one of the ingredients could have been leeches and/or Kings blood.

Ah well, vodka and beer will have to do.

Game of Thrones Themed Cocktails Recipes: Bloody Melisandre by Winter Is Coming

1. Joe V.
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 10:57 am | Permalink

That beer looks like a Corona, which is all wrong. Everyone knows Melisandre worships the Lord of Lite.

2. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Joe V.,

lol.

3. A wolf named Dire
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Where has Jessica been on the wicnet live shows the past few weeks?

4. Patrick Allen
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 11:37 am | Permalink

A wolf named Dire,

She has been filming some of these extra segments while we have been rotating in some guests. She will be back on this week’s show!

5. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

So by drinking this we might be able to get rid of some our known antagonists, or those who despise AFfC & ADwD? I’ll take several please.

6. jentario
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

lol
    So you liked the episode too? I know most book readers got a stroke from it, but some of us loved it.

7. jentario
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Heidegger,

Did not read. Racism? Really?

8. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

jentario,

I loved the episode but yes…I also had a virtual stroke. I am recovering and coping with acceptance with everything but the direwolf nonsense. Even so, I enjoy the creativity associated with this series even more. Books will be books and the series is the series. It is getting harder to compare the two….almost no reason to do so anymore.

[....I did enjoy joking with you when you posted on Sunday night!] :)

9. Leathra
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

Interesting…but when I think Melisandre…a drink more like THIS comes to mind: http://theanticraft.com/archive/samhain09/virgin.htm

10. WildSeed
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Heidegger,

” To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail ” ( Mark Twain ). Sadly this refers here to many fans, besides. Don’t get caught up in the undertow , you’ll drown. I prefer to swim with the fishes and on to open
    water.

11. WildSeed
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Leathra,

LOL, this sounds more appropriate. The flaming bit rings true, too ( :

12. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Leathra,

Anything that gets me thinking about Rocky Horror makes me giddy!

“Let’s do the time warp again!”

13. Rabid Grunt
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Heidegger,

I love how the comments just rip the article to absolute shreds.

14. Fire And Blood
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Okay, like how does a Melisandre drink even exist when it doesn’t somehow light on fire?

This is a bloody mary with beer.

People.

15. 5mash
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Leathra is right! Not only does this cocktail sound nasty, it’s thematically all wrong. Beer in a bloody mary for a seductive, mysterious woman? NO FIRE!? Being red is not enough. I am incensed, gentlemen.

16. Fire And Blood
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

If 5mash is incensed, gentlemen and gentlewomen, then I too am incensed!

I demand a new Melisandre drink! With Fire NOT Blood!

17. Matt Blake
    Posted May 1, 2014 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Fire And Blood,

I have to agree, if its not on fire, its not for Melisandre!

18. omar little
    Posted May 4, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Euron Greyjoy – Marton Csokas
    Victarion Greyjoy – Ray Stevenson, Clancy Brown
    Jon Connington – Richard Roxburgh, Linus Roache, Richard Dilane
    Aegon – Freddie Fox, Aneurin Barnard
    Doran – Castulo Guerra
    Arianne – Zulay Henao
    Obara Sand – Zawe Ashton
    Nymeria Sand – Carolina Guerra
    Tyene – Ximena Duque
    Randyll Tarly – Keith Allen,John Lynch
    High Sparrow – Ian McDiarmid,Derek Jacobi
    Kindly Man – Peter Jarvis, Ronald Pickup,Richard Wilson
    Wyman Manderly – Brendon Gleeson, Simon Russel Beale, Robbie Coltrane,John Goodman