Game of Owns: Game of Moans
By WiC Staff on in Podcast.

Episode 217 – Game of Moans

iTunes | Download | RSS

This Friday follows the past episode’s long list of new developments, travelling finally to Craster’s Keep, armed with a full supply of your Owns.

Discussion Topics

Warging into Hodor
Jojen’s Vision
Branjen
Fighting Snow
Locking up a few plotlines
Reads the Tweets
Owns of the Week
What great numbers

1. Chickenduck
    Posted May 9, 2014 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

啊多, it’s Chinese for Hodor. Yes, really.

2. spacechampion
    Posted May 9, 2014 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

I wonder if the oldest of Craster’s wives will take on the Mother Mole plot.

3. Soopa Doop
    Posted May 9, 2014 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

My reasoning for why Summer was easily caught is that Bran may have been able to control his warging abilities, he doesn’t know how to effectively use the body he wargs into. As a direwolf, Summer has instincts that allow it to carefully navigate its surroundings and avoid things like traps and enemies. Once Bran took over, his inexperience of the forrest allowed the trap to work when he was distracted by Ghost. I don’t think Summer would’ve been caught if it was on its own.

4. P. T. Manderly
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 1:14 am | Permalink

Two notes about Baelish I hadn’t heard mentioned anywhere:

1 – His genius scheming resulted in his true love’s (Catelyn) death

2 – He turned on the Lanisters (i.e. killed Joffrey) as soon as that happened…hmm

5. PodricksThirdLeg
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 1:58 am | Permalink

Own goes to Hodor

6. King of the Ashes
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 2:03 am | Permalink

i have a few questions/concerns… where has Varys been and what has he been up to while all this is going on? he’s been very lowkey, and looking at all that Littlefinger has accomplished, it makes me wonder. i think the pair of them may be the true players of the game..

and now I’m starting to wonder if Robert Arryn is indeed Jon Arryn’s son.. or could he possibly be Littlefinger’s bastard? just a thought.

Where will Craster’s wives go?

7. PodricksThirdLeg
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 2:48 am | Permalink

King of the Ashes:

Where will Craster’s wives go?

#1 Varys has nobody to really talk with since his
    Buddies have all split (Littlefinger and Tyrion)
    Kings Landing is on shutdown mode until the trial so everybody seems to be on their toes for now.

#2 You might be right but who knows.

#3 Crasters wife are going to just stay away from any men possible. Chances are Winter will eventually kill them but at least they are free

8. Grynthaline
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 4:10 am | Permalink

P. T. Manderly:
    Two notes about Baelish I hadn’t heard mentioned anywhere:

1 – His genius scheming resulted in his true love’s (Catelyn) death

I think he stopped caring about Catelyn as soon as he saw Sansa in the Hand’s tourney, since she’s the younger and more beautiful version of Catelyn.

That ploy was entirely to get his hands on Sansa. He waited in Blackwater with his ship and didn’t even get married to Lysa before he accomplished that plot.

As he says in the book, he sometimes makes a move they don’t expect or even seem to work against him, just to accomplish his goals and sow confusion and chaos.

9. GG
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 5:53 am | Permalink

I can’t DL the episode through iTunes :( Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me? My other podcasts DL just fine

10. Jay
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 6:00 am | Permalink

GG,

I’m having the same problem.

11. Achtung
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 6:18 am | Permalink

The reason it cant be downloaded is probably since podtrac.com is down.

12. GG
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 6:36 am | Permalink

Achtung,

What/why is that? Me tech-stupid.

13. GG
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 8:42 am | Permalink

Working now :)

14. King of the Ashes
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

oh and another one i forgot…. where is Gendry, has he made it back?

15. PodricksThirdLeg
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

King of the Ashes:
    oh and another one i forgot…. where is Gendry, has he made it back?

Not confirm but if this was a Las Vegas bet I will put my money on Gendry showing up on episode 7 or 8

16. King of the Ashes
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 2:02 am | Permalink

PodricksThirdLeg,

awesome. i wonder if we’ll be seeing the Freys around that time… hate those bastards… well, Walder at least. He and Roose are at the top of my kill list

17. Jon Blackfyre
    Posted May 12, 2014 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

So what makes you think Jojen was seeing his own death? I know his famous quote from the books. “This is not the day I die”. But I’ve heard a lot of debate over what the scene meant. I don’t think we can say for a certainty that he was seeing his own death.