Brewery Ommegang announces fourth Game of Thrones inspired beer: Valar Morghulis
By Lightbringer on in Merchandise.

Five months ago, HBO and Brewery Ommegang offered the fans an opportunity to choose their next Game of Thrones inspired beer by voting for their favorite potential brew on Facebook.

Yesterday via Mashable, the fan’s choice was announced. Winning out over Seven Kingdoms, Hand of the King, and Khal, the fourth instalment will be: Valar Morghulis.

All men must die, and with a fire branded cork displaying “Valar Dohaeris,” all men must also serve. You’ll be able to serve up the Dubbel Ale this fall with the regular 25.4oz bottles going on sale at $8.50 each, also available on draft.

Valar Morghulis joins the ranks with Brewery Ommegang’s three previous offerings of Iron Throne Blonde Ale, Take the Black Stout, and Fire and Blood Red Ale.

Here is the official description of the new beer, and some words from Josh Goodstadt, Vice President of HBO Global Licensing.

Valar Morghulis is an Old Valyrian saying closely associated with the desire for vengeance. A Belgian-style Dubbel was chosen to capture the sweetness of revenge as well as the dangerous consequences that come with it.

“The fan base for Game of Thrones keeps growing larger as each new season debuts, and the popularity of the beers is growing right along with the show,” said Josh Goodstadt, Vice President of HBO Global Licensing, in a statement. “For this fourth beer, we found the perfect opportunity to give those diehard fans the power to choose what beer they wanted to drink.”

1. watcheronthewall
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Hodor!

2. Lady
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Hope to find the red soon…got the first two…and hopefully this one later on.

3. Ashara D
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 9:57 am | Permalink

Yum! Perfect for next season’s Travels with Arya in Braavos.

4. dizzy
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Good stuff. Can’t wait to try it.

5. zaprowsdower
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Yum! I’ve loved what I’ve had so far. Can’t wait to try this one.

6. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 10:25 am | Permalink

In the immortal words of Travis the Moonstar, “Beer! It’s good for you!”

I like their Abbey Dubbel so I’ll give this one a twist.

Ommegang needs to ship out some pint sized cans! Cans work better in brown bags!

7. Beamer Pickert
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 10:29 am | Permalink

Valar Mōzugon! (all men must drink)

8. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 10:38 am | Permalink

You Fookin c*nts need to name a drink after the Legend from Gin Alley!!! Would go great in my Jeor Mormont skull cup

9. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 10:55 am | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner:

I refuse to ingest alcohol named after a guy who was bested by two teenie boppers.

10. John-Michael Lelievre
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 11:51 am | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner,

Rygar,

This exchange made my day lmfao.

11. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner: You shut your hole! I could piss in a gutter and soak 5 of you. Fookin keyboard cowboys hiding behind computer screens Fookin c*nts!!!!

Don’t think I will. In fact, I think I’ll get Justin Bieber and another little girl to come over and exorcise your ass!

12. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

All in good fun

13. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Rygar: Don’t think I will.In fact, I think I’ll get Justin Bieber and another little girl to come over and exorcise your ass!

14. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Rygar:
    All in good fun

Aye

15. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner: Is the power of Christ compelling me yet? I can’t feel a thing. Is that how you usually pick up little girls? Playing some Beiber in your ford pinto…. Fookin c’nt

Chevy Nova, pal.

16. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Rygar: Chevy Nova, pal.

Well at least it isn’t a “free candy” pedo van

17. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner: Well at least it isn’t a “free candy” pedo van

OK. That sold me.

Pass me a swig in Jeor’s skull but mix it first using Theon’s kraken.

18. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Rygar: OK.That sold me.

Pass me a swig in Jeor’s skull but mix it first using Theon’s kraken.

I’ll make a legend outta you yet mate

19. Jeff O'Connor
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

I was really starting to dig The Legend when he was so rudely executed in his own home. You can imagine my glee to find him alive and well on WiC.

20. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Jeff O’Connor:

I’ve had wet sh!ts tougher than Lord Snow. Like a typical coward he had some craster c’nt sneak me while I wasn’t looking… Cowardly Fookin c’nt!!!

I drink my wine from the skull of Jeor Fookin Mormont and fook’ em til they’re dead!!!! I’m Karl Tanner! Legend of Gin Fookin Alley!!!!!

21. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner: It’ll take more than two Fookin c’nts stabbing me in the head and back then burning a keep down on top of me to kill the Fookin legend from gin alley mate!!!

Stop me if you heard this one.

“Knock knock”

“Who’s there?”

“A low born delusional rapist who shows up to a sword fight with two knives…”

22. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner: Aye, heard that before in Gin Alley from some fancy lord in steel armor. I slit his throat, took his c’nt wife and fook’d her til she died mate

Emphasis on DELUSIONAL

23. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

I still haven’t found this beer anywhere. If it’s so popular, why not make it more widely available?

24. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner:
    And here I thought you had what it takes to be a legend. You’re just another Fookin c’nt

Emphasis on Fookin C’NT!!!!

You’re only half right about being a legend. It is quite common for a Legendary figure to die prematurely, however they usually don’t get killed by little girls and a boy prettier than most females.

I bet you smelt better than Bannon did.

25. Ours is the Fury
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger:
    I still haven’t found this beer anywhere.If it’s so popular, why not make it more widely available?

26. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Seems the mods are striking me down again… Pity

27. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury: Lately they’ve been carrying it at Giant Eagle grocery stores, which is a fairly big chain in Ohio and PA. So I think they are still expanding the availability.

If in the US, Whole Foods carries it in certain locations.

28. Rygar
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner:
    Seems the mods are striking me down again… Pity

Exactly like that little girl did. BOOM. Roasted.

29. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Rygar: You’re only half right about being a legend.It is quite common for a Legendary figure to die prematurely, however they usually don’t get killed by little girls and a boy prettier than most females.

I bet you smelt better than Bannon did.

Spend a lot of time thinking about how pretty Lord Snow is do ya? While listening to justin beiber I bet. You really wanted to use Theons Kraken as a straw didn’t you? It’s 2014 mate it’s ok to admit your feelings.

Fancy Fookin C’nt

30. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Rygar: Exactly like that little girl did. BOOM. Roasted.

Roasted?

Just like me after they burned the Keep down! Ohhhh wait

Fookin C’nts…..

31. David The Grey
    Posted May 14, 2014 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

I’m with you, I haven’t found one yet. Of course, I live in the sticks and when I visit other towns, they are not quite classified as urban sprawls either. Still, I check every beer/ale section I come across. No luck yet. I’d probably faint and drop it if I did come across one!

32. Skyofwelkup
    Posted May 18, 2014 at 10:30 am | Permalink

I wish these weren’t limited time only. I really wanted to try each but I could never track any down. Huge disappointment that they didn’t brew more and have it more available. The interest and demand was there.

Rygar:
    “A low born delusional rapist who shows up to a sword fight with two knives…”

But remember what Oberyn said:
    “Long sword is a bad option in close quarters.”