Julian Glover, Noah Taylor, James Cosmo, and more talk Game of Thrones with Flicks and the City
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

We’ve survived two weeks, and a new episode of Game of Thrones draws ever closer, but these last few hours seem to last the longest. To pass some time, Flicks and the City has released a number of new interviews with Game of Thrones actors past and present from the recent Collectormania in Milton Keynes.

Julian Glover (Pycelle), Noah Taylor (Locke), Nonso Anozie (Xaro Xhoan Daxos), James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont), and Ron Donachie (Rodrik Cassel) discuss their time on Game of Thrones, what they hope for the future of the story, and much more.

Perhaps the highlight of all of the interviews, is a tidbit from Julian Glover, who revealed at the time of the interview he had 5 episodes of Season 5 already, and would be back filming as Pycelle in August.

Talking Points:
His reaction to King Joffrey’s death
Filming the Purple Wedding
The character of Tyrion Lannister
His favorite scene between Tyrion & Tywin
Charles Dance is brilliant as Tywin
He has 5 episodes of Season 5 already

Talking Points:
Filming the scene when Jaime loses his hand
Working with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Tossing Brienne into the bear pit
Getting throttled by Hodor
Getting fitted for his prosthetics
What you need to survive in Game of Thrones
The possibility of a final movie

Talking Points:
How good is Xaro at holding his breath
Xaro’s differences from the book
Will he be back again
He’d like to see Xaro make peace with Daenerys
Joffrey’s death compared to The Red Wedding
Joffrey and Tywin’s most memorable moments
The possibility of a final movie
What you need to survive in Game of Thrones
Khaleesi for the Iron Throne
Working with Emilia Clarke

Talking Points:
Shooting his death scene
Seeing the death of Rast this season
His reaction to King Joffrey’s death
His favorite scene as Jeor Mormont
Iain Glen as his son, Jorah
What you need to survive in Game of Thrones
How well is Castle Black prepared
If he could swap, he would have liked to play Jon Snow
Jon Snow for the Iron Throne

Talking Points:
His favorite memories from Game of Thrones
Arresting Tyrion the first time
Filming on such amazing sets
Rodrik’s death and final words
What he thinks of Theon’s current situation
What you need to survive in Game of Thrones
What he’s enjoyed most about watching his son, Daniel Portman, as Podrick Payne
Pod and Brienne
What he would like to see in The Winds of Winter
If he could swap, he would have liked to play Davos
Daenerys for the Iron Throne
The possibility of a final movie
His reaction to King Joffrey’s death

Look forward to our “The Mountain and the Viper” Open Chat later today!

Game of Thrones Power Rankings: Mockingbird by winteriscoming

1. Felt Pelt
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Does anyone think Pycelle could suddenly grow more competent and less crappy as an advisor (as a necessary ends to surviving, of course) and take Kevan’s place vs. Cersei?

2. Renly's Peach
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Felt Pelt,

I doubt it. They’ve already brought in Qyburn and hinted at him being in good graces with Cersei. They’ve also gone out of their way to show Cersei hates and distrusts Pycelle already.

3. KG
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Julian Glover seems like he would be fun to hang out with. Even more so when he was younger.

4. dragonreborn
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

where did this terrible final movie idea come from?
    I don’t think the producers are so stupid to do such a thing.
    no matter how good they make it, a movie has a different narrative structure than a series episode. it will feel different and I want to see the end of it in classic game of thrones awesomeness.

5. NedsHead
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Goddammitt! Even cast alumni are calling Daenerys ‘Khaleesi’ Not her name!!
    But its great to see some of the older cast members with such enthusiasm for the show, Julian Glover does seem like an interesting guy to have around :). As for a movie, if you ask me, it would only work as an extra long season finale, not a standalone. Unless they did a background piece, like Robert’s Rebellion or something.

6. John-Michael Lelievre
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Wait Dan Portman is Ron Donachies’ son? Who knew lol.

7. Our Blades Are Sharp
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Teccccchhhhhhh supppooooorrrrrrrtttttttttt!!!!!!!!

8. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Aye Locke was good but he’s no Fookin legend mate

And Jeor looks better as my wine mug… Fookin c’nt

9. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

I’d love to see your face the moment you discover whoever is cast as Euron . Whether Mads or someone else it is sure to be priceless.

10. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Ser Davos Seaworth:
    Veltigar,

Well, they’ll try and stop you from ever knowing! WiC.Net is suffering from censorship! They deleted my top comment on this article, the jackasses!

It’s a real shame too, that was the speech from Chaplin’s “The Great Dictator” that I used as quote there and they just deleted it! Bunch of philistines, no respect for the classics anymore!

I’ll respond with an appropriate quote!!!

[after a hail of gunfire and deleting his comments doesn't stop V]
    Nameless WiC.net asshole who censored a classic Chaplin speech: Die! Die! Why won’t you die?… Why won’t you die?
    V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea to cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron, Mr. Nameless WiC.net asshole who censored a classic Chaplin speech, and ideas are bulletproof.

11. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

Seemed like a random deletion. Poof! Your post didn’t seem obnoxious, especially since it wasn’t in an Oz thread. Help, help, we’re being repressed!

12. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Yes, I can’t imagine why a 700-word chunk of dialogue from a movie that has absolutely nothing to do with this post, with Mads Mikkelsen references inserted, would be read as Spam.

13. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Charlie Chaplin as Aerys II, the Mad King!

As if threads haven’t wandered off-topic before…

14. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard:
    Veltigar,

I know right? Whoever deleted that comment is a piece of… Well, I’ll just put it in movie terms. This is probably the culprit’s top 10 when it comes to movies:

1) The Birth of a Nation
    2) Triumph des Willens
    3) Mandingo
    4) Grown-ups 1&2
    5) Battlefield Earth
    6) The Star Wars prequels
    7) Human Centipede
    8) Jack & Jill (yeah, this guy/gall is an Adam Sandler fan)
    9) Transformers (all of them)
    10) The Hottie and the Nottie

V: People should not be afraid of their governments and fascist moderators. Governments and fascist moderators should be afraid of their people who will cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron!

15. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

There was a legitimate question about Noah Taylor’s interview on top. Throw out a bit of the quote or heck, throw out the entire quote, but leave the talk about Noah Taylors interview. If not, than it’s just censorship!

Hodor’s Bastard:
    Ours is the Fury,

Charlie Chaplin as Aerys II, the Mad King!

As if threads haven’t wandered off-topic before…

I tip my hat to you good Ser! A voice of reason is much appreciated :D

V: I told you, only truth. For 20 years, I sought only this day. Nothing else existed… until I saw you. Then everything changed. I fell in love with you Evey. And to think I no longer believed I could.
    Evey Hammond: But I don’t want you to die. I have even cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron!
    V: That’s the most beautiful thing you could have ever given me.

16. Summer
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Lol at James Cosmo. Talking about opposites! I think if book fans hadn’t seen his Mormont scenes they would all rage at the casting director.

17. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

You’re free to repost the bit about Noah Taylor, you’re not free to spam the board. And, no, mods will not sit around editing your posts that way, it’s time-consuming. Just don’t spam.

18. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Yeah, but that’s the point… I wasn’t freaking spamming! I just made my post (i.e. that I was sad that they didn’t ask Noah about his role in Edge of Tomorrow and expressing my hope that he had other great projects lined up) and then I added my usual trademark moviequote/appeal to cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron.

That’s like my thing. It’s a forum tradition!

Solomon Northup: I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hardy until the casting of Mads Mikkelsen as Euron is opportune!

19. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

Your thing was a giant wall of text that has nothing to do with the post. Don’t do it again.

20. Winnie
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Renly’s Peach,

Agreed. I think next season we’re going to see a LOT of Qyborn as Cersei’s new trusted confidante-yet another reason, the Lannister/Tyrell dynasty will be in major trouble. I’m quite sure that they’ll keep the scene where Qyborn in response to learning Jon Snow is LC suggests sending new recruits to Castle Black to assassinate Jon-they might do away with Bowen Marsh altogether.

21. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    Veltigar,

Alright massa massa, I’ll just relent then, since I have no way to fight back. But remember this: according to Matthew 5:5, the meak and those who want to cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron shall inherit the earth! Untill that day we’ll just resort to passive resistance!

Gandhi: They may torture my body, break my bones, even kill me, then they will have my dead body. NOT MY OBEDIENCE! LONG LIVE MADS MIKKELSEN AS EURON!

22. KG
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Woot :) Keep up the good work.

Ours is the Fury:

23. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

They certainly aren’t fookin legends!

KG:
    Woot :) Keep up the good work.

Yeah, you’re definitely KG during Cersei’s stint as acting Queen Regent

King Louis: This world is an uncertain realm, filled with danger. Honor underminded by the pursuit of power, freedom sacrificed when the weak are oppressed by the strong. But there are those who oppose these powerful forces, who dedicate their lives to truth, honor,casting Mads Mikkelsen as Euron and freedom. These men are known as Musketeers. Rise, D’Artagnan, and join them.

24. The Ghost of Karl Tanner
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

See, deleted again. The legend of gin alley may to have pay em a visit. Wouldn’t even need 7 silvers mate I could piss in any gutter and soak 5 of them. Fookin cowards

25. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner:
    Veltigar,

Why do they censor you exactly? I mean some excentric behaviorisms give a community like this flair and you acting like the ghost of Burn Gorman is fun.

Aramis: Only the wrong words are waste of time. the right words can make a more lasting impression than a thousand of Porthos’s kisses.
    Barmaid: Not likely.
    Aramis: I can cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron
    Barmaid: You wonderful man! Marry me!

26. KG
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

That didn’t even make a scrap of sense. But please – keep thinking you’re clever. It’s amusing to watch the monkey-man dance.

Veltigar:
    They certainly aren’t fookin legends!

Yeah, you’re definitely KG during Cersei’s stint as acting Queen Regent

27. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

KG:
    That didn’t even make a scrap of sense.But please – keep thinking you’re clever. It’s amusing to watch the monkey-man dance.

It was a reference to the abominable (moral) state of the KG during Cersei’s rule in AFFC, in stark contrast with the likes of Arthur Dayne and Barristan Selmy in the highdays of the KG.

But since you seem to be an Unsullied, you wouldn’t get the joke. Just wait a season or two and it will become clear as day. Or read the books. They are really good.

Gareth: A toast before we go into battle. True love. In whatever shape or form it may come. May we all in our dotage be proud to say, “I was there when Mads Mikkelsen was cast as Euron!”

28. Jeb
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

I very much forward to the day when you finally have to accept that Mads Mikkelsen won't be cast as Euron, for a number of resasons.
    1) Euron might not make the show anyway (reasonble possibility)
    2) Mads is contracted to another show
    3) Mads is too high calibre for a bit-part role, and would demand a too hgh a salary.

Yes, the guy might have made an OK Euron, but it’s not going to happen. Sorry. I’d quite like George Clooney to be Griff, but I accept it’s not going to happen, as should you.

29. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

The Ghost of Karl Tanner:

Could it be that they take offense in the word cunt? Or perhaps they just hate Burn Gorman.

Tom: Mads Mikkelsen as Euron, splendid, I thought. What did you think?
    Bernard: I, thought, splendid! What did you think?
    Tom: Splendid, I thought.

30. Veltigar
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Jeb:
    Veltigar,

I very uch forward to the day when you finally have to accept that <ads Mikkelsen won’t be cast as Euron, for a number of resasons.
    1) Euron might not make the show anyway(reasonble possibility)
    2) Mads is contracted to another show
    3) Mads is too high calibre for a bit-part role, nd would demand a too hgh a salary.

Yes, the guy might have made an OK Euron, but it’s not going to happen. Sorry. I’d quite like George Clooney to be Griff but I accept it’s not going to happen, as should you.

Lol, as I have explained in numerous posts, I would just move on if they cast someone else as Euron :p

as to your points:

1) Never going to happen
    2)True, it’s the best thing on TV right now
    3) Noah Taylor and Burn Gorman are at least as big and they took a role. Euron would be a much more highprofile role, with few scenes, but huge presence in the show.

Father Gerald: In the name of the father, the son and the holy goat. Eh… *ghost*. Cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron

Posted June 1, 2014 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Hey, verbal abuses won’t get you anywhere. Tone it down. We tolerate a whole lot, just don’t spam and be jerks to others, it’s a simple rule.

32. Jeb
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

Look I would have no problem if Mads was cast, he is a fantastic actor, but the role at first would be quite small comparitively, and he is much more high profile than both Noah and Burn. Would he be the most high profile? No, but with his stock risiing I can’t see him taking an ensemble role in television.

We’ll see though, and a lot of people wuld be very happy if he was cast. I’m not against it at all, I’m just realistic.

33. Harry Lime
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Hell yes, there’s a Qyburn interview coming up.

34. David The Grey
    Posted June 1, 2014 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Very nice to see James Cosmo again. He always lights up in his interviews, I can’t help but smile while listening to him.

35. Myley C