Preview the Game of Thrones Season 4 Soundtrack
By Ours is the Fury on in Merchandise.

The soundtrack from Game of Thrones, written by Ramin Djawadi, is a highlight every season, with new music provided each year to go along with the instant-classic main theme. The season 4 soundtrack won’t be out on CD until July 1st, and available via digital download until June 10th, but luckily the preview has been released, with all twenty-two tracks loaded up on one video for easy listening.

The latest soundtrack includes the Sigur Rós rendition of “The Rains of Castamere,” featured at the Purple Wedding and previously available only as a single. Of course we’ve already encountered several of the tracks previewed, such as the threatening attack theme of the Thenns (Track #6),  “I’m Sorry for Today,” the yearning music that scored Missandei and Grey Worm’s conversation in the throne room in the most recent episode (Track #5), and others.

We’re also getting an intriguing sneak peek at themes from future episodes, like “The Children,” a piece of music that shares the title of the season finale. (Track #22)

The complete tracklisting, with the time notations on the video provided by WaterTower Music, is as follows:

1. Main Titles – 00:00-0:30
17. The Real North – 8:00-8:30
18. Forgive Me – 8:30-9:00
19. He Is Lost – 9:00-9:30
20. I Only See What Matters – 9:30-10:00
21. Take Charge Of Your Life 10:00-10:30
22. The Children – 10:30-11:00

Ours is the Fury: Any personal favorites on the soundtrack, or thoughts on the pieces we haven’t seen yet on the show? It’s always interesting to predict the significance of the unidentified ones. Last year, none of us here at WiC in our discussion guessed that “Heir to Winterfell” would refer to Rickon.

1. Arkash
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Personnaly spec about “I only see what matters”.

It refers to the opening of episode 10.
    Ygritte’s pyre. Melisandre shows up, gazes at the flames and tell Jon Snow she has seen him in her fires and she only sees what matters. The show has to build-up the dynamics between Mel and Jon for next season and start hinting at the prophecies and visions.

And I’d love if Val were to be cast, she is needed for the dynamics at the Wall, imo. Mel is Fire, Val is Ice, Jon is hanging between the two with undeniable sexual tension. I love this symbolism.

Other than that : cant wait to listen to the full and in-episode version of “The Watchers on the Wall”, the music for the episode sounds epic !

2. Jorge Tuero
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Looks like “Forgive Me” is the real sad tune of this album. And “Three Eyed Raven” sounds less epic and mystical than I imagined, but it’ll do.

All in all, seems like a more varied and tastier delivery from Dwajadi than last year’s Season 3 soundtrack. So good job for him.

3. Mirri Maz
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:27 am | Permalink

I was hoping for a track called Stoneheart to confirm her appearance, I can’t wait ten more days to find out.

4. Hoyti Von Totiy
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:28 am | Permalink

It would be cool if Jon the emo would kill Ygritte instead having a kid do his dirty work.

Jon Snow = Mary Sue

5. MrBushido
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:34 am | Permalink

I can so picture STANNIS walking in to “First of his Name” come episode 9/10.

6. Oberyn Wan Kenobi
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:35 am | Permalink

Sounds great. My one concern is that “The Children” sounds pretty episode endingy and if thats the case then there’d probably be no Lady Stoneheart. Hope I’m wrong.

7. interior Bannisters
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Oberyn Wan Kenobi:
    Sounds great. My one concern is that The Children” sounds pretty episode endingy and if thats the case then there’d probably be no Lady Stoneheart. Hope I’m wrong.

Listen to Oathkeeper….. That was definitely not played in Jaime and Brienne’s scene ;)

8. Joan Català
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:39 am | Permalink

MrBushido,

The First of his Name was for Tommen’s coronation.

9. Addam of Hull
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Hoyti Von Totiy,

So, what’s it like to be so blatantly wrong? I’ve always wondered.

10. Turncloak
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Thoughts on what scenes pertains to what:

Oathkeeper: Lady Stoneheart because it’s dark and ominous

The North Remembers: Stannis offering Jon to be Lord of Winterfell

The Biggest fire the north has ever seen: start of the battle at the wall which officially starts at the 15min mark of the episode according to invterviews

The Real North: no idea. Possibly Jon in Mance’s tent

Forgive me: Either Ygritte’s death or Tyrion killing Shae

Three eyed raven: Lord BloodRaven!

The children: Children of the forest. Little evil creatures in league with the night’s king posing as innocent beings in order to reclaim westeros from mankind

I only see what matters: Mel telling Jon that she’s seen him in the flames. Beginning of Jon/Mel sexual tension relationship

11. Sansa's Knight
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:46 am | Permalink

The sample for the children makes it seem like the last scene kinda music they generally use to close the season …like last years bit with dany … Which makes me believe the last scene won’t be stone heart because there is no way stone heart can end with that music …. Now I’m scared …. I think hey have cut stone heart

12. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Cover your spoilers, please! even if you are using initials and abbreviations for things, COVER THEM.

13. Lightning Lord
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:53 am | Permalink

Season 2 had a Dany scene that played a finale-like track (mother of dragons) but it turned out not to be the end of the episode. You can’t really make assumptions based on the music alone.

14. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Mirri Maz,

It’s called Oathkeeper. Listen to the preview- that tune has not appeared yet, definitely not in relation to that storyline. The track seems appropriately disturbing.

15. Ser Maester
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:02 am | Permalink

He is lost- The Mountaim dying, and the tease Anton Lesster mentioned with Qyburn? Sounded very ominous

16. arden
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:06 am | Permalink

Hoyti Von Totiy,

no it wouldnt

oathkeeper is forsure LS

17. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Y’see, no SH. I’m not surprised and neither should you. Despite this, I predict a lot of bitching and moaning after Ep 10 finishes and SH doesn’t appear.

18. King Stannis
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Many of you guessing are way off its funny and enjoyable. Some of these are very obvious if you recognize earlier soundtracks from past seasons.

LS is the only wildcard which I can be a re-use Stark theme. The north remembers could be the one tho

19. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:29 am | Permalink

Lightning Lord:

Except that the soundtrack ended with the track “Three Blasts”, which was, you guessed it! The end of the episode.

20. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:29 am | Permalink

‘Oathkeeper’ is the LS tune. It has not been used and it is super creepy/ominous. It in no way relates to Jaime and Brienne’s scene together, yet refers to Brienne, who, like many had guessed, will meet LS in the finale.

‘The Real North’ is the Jon/Ygritte music.

‘You Are No Son Of Mine’ is the music that will accompany Tyrion/Tywin in the finale.

21. Tori Targaryen
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:32 am | Permalink

I believe Oathkeeper could be LS. It’s not a piece we’ve heard in the show yet, and it would be fitting.

The Real North has Jon and Ygritte’s love theme playing, so I think we know what this is :(

22. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:33 am | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm,

Last year’s soundtrack ended with ‘For The Realm’, which was not used in the show. With as many of the tracks that are listed at the beginning and middle that haven’t been used yet, I think they chose to mix it up, so people wouldn’t automatically guess the ending.

23. Old Valyria
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:36 am | Permalink

I was looking forward to Sansa’s escape music, it seems is nowhere to be found :(

24. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Valdred Dethstorm,

Except that “For the Realm” was a different version of the main theme, so yeah, they wouldn’t be using it in the show. S3 ended with “Mhysa”, which was the final track, without counting that addition (For the realm).
    I’m just saying you all shouldn’t get overhyped or jump to wild conclusions, only to get disappointed after and turn this into a wall of lamenting, like last year, when everyone also predicted and were so sure of LS at the ending.

25. sati
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Just once I wish they’d release the entire score, I’d give them so much money! There is not even Oberyn’s theme here.

Any words on possible earlier digital release?

26. Tori Targaryen
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:49 am | Permalink

sati:

Any words on possible earlier digital release?

I agree! I want every single piece of music. Every season there’s always something missing that I was looking forward to.

27. Head of the Wolf
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:55 am | Permalink

I think some of the themes are mixed up, mainly 12, 13 & 16-19 cause the music doesn’t seem to match the titles

28. Chríss
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 10:56 am | Permalink

I think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment regarding Oathkeeper. Remember, we know Brienne gets into a fight and bites a guy’s ear off. The music could very easily be the set up of that fight, likely an ambush.

29. WinterRy71
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Chríss:

I think she will get captured / bite someones ear off, then realize in horror that the person leading them is ladystoneheart. All in the same scene.

30. WinterRy71
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:05 am | Permalink

They better not end the season with “The Children” and have Dany river dancing like the end of season3.

31. Polish
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:06 am | Permalink

I think we’ll get LS, but not this season. Lena only recently posted that spoiler on instagram… about in the timeline with her getting scripts for next season. They’re supposed to begin filming soon. When you think about the sheer amount of stuff that has to happen in the finale (even with extended time), you just realize it isn’t possible

Some Stannis / Jon / etc. wall exposition and post fight wrap-up

Tyrion escape from cell, talk with Jaime, Varys, killing his dad and Shae (btw — looks like theyre not going to explain Shae ending up w/ Tywin in show either. It just will be)

Danerys stuff, whatever it ends up being.

Qyburn and the Mountain have a confirmed scene

Brienne and Pod will have something — Brienne has yet to bite off anybody’s ear.

Arya and the Hound — somehow, their situation at the Bloody Gate has to be resolved, Hound has to die (or almost or whatever), and Arya has to have a goodbye, leave him and find a Braavosi boat (Braavosi captain confirmed role)

And then Bran, the children of the forest (Leaf confirmed) and the Three-Eyed Raven. And apparently the most expensive CGI shot ever, which is going to involve white walkers and everything going nuts, or something. Have to imagine this huuuge introduction will take a lot of time

And that’s not even to mention if there’s a Cersei scene (of course that could and probably will be the Qyburn Mountain scene) or some exposition about Oberyn’s death and Dorne. Or a Greyjoy scene fit in somewhere.

But Gods its gonna be a great episode.

32. Tori Targaryen
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Turncloak,

The Real North has Jon and Ygritte’s theme, nothing to do with Mance.

Forgive Me, we’ve heard this music in the show. It is when Jorah is exiled.

33. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:07 am | Permalink

WinterRy71,

If they do, we roll our eyes(and riot)!

34. Polish
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:08 am | Permalink

I don’t think that LS is cut if we don’t get her in the finale. She easily could be introduced next season. Lena’s LS spoiler was only recent — and I’m pretty sure they only recently got the season 5 scripts. With all of the stuff mashed into episode 10, I’m doubtful LS will be in it.

35. sati
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Chríss,

LS is more possible at this point than more than 5 seconds of Stannis personally being there present in a shot in ep.9 ending

36. Zack
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:09 am | Permalink

It would be nice if the show made some attempt to acknowledge that more than two songs exist. It’s a running joke at this point.

But take that burping prostitute. Just because a song from the books hasn’t had occasion to make it onto the show doesn’t mean she can’t burp it anyway, and have the dude guess that one.

But that’s just shitty writing. Djawadi’s actual compositions rarely disappoint. And I will buy this.

37. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Polish,

Lena posted that pic more than a month ago. Scripts were not finished then.

38. Turncloak
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Chríss,

Lena already posted a on Instagram about Lady Stoneheart She will be in

39. sati
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Huh under that youtube promo thing it says Album Available 6/10/2014 – digital release? I sure hope so.

40. Dolorous Ned
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:30 am | Permalink

region blocked…

41. King Stannis
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Zack:

Weirdos turn everything into something negative. Enjoy the tunes

42. MM
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:42 am | Permalink

Most of these refer to things that we’ve already seen, or that will likely show up in 4×09 (“Watchers on the Wall,” “Let’s Kill Some Crows,” e.g.). What’s left?

I’m Sorry For Today: Grey Worm and Missandei (4×08)
    Oathkeeper: Lady Stoneheart/Brienne confrontation, I’m guessing (4×10)
    You Are No Son of Mine: Tyrion kills Tywin, I’m guessing (4×10)
    The North Remembers: Sansa and Tyrion (4×01), also used for Sansa’s snow castle scene in 4×07
    The Real North: Jon/Ygritte theme
    Forgive Me: Dany banishes Jorah (4×08)
    He Is Lost: Dunno, but that line of dialogue hasn’t shown up yet, so 4×09 or 4×10.
    I Only See What Matters: Also must show up in 4×09 or 4×10.
    Take Charge of Your Life: Petyr’s advice to Robin, Sansa descending the staircase (4×08)
    The Children: very upbeat track, so unlikely to be Dany chaining her dragons. My money’s on the Children of the Forest.

43. Jared
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:43 am | Permalink

All of these sound great – excellent work from Ramin Djawdi as usual. I can’t wait to get the full album when it’s released.

Some thoughts on the individual tracks:

Main Titles: The main title theme music. As lovely as ever!

The Rains Of Castamere, by Sigur Rós: From the end of “The Lion and the Rose”. It’s quite nice, although I still wish that Sigur Rós had gotten a crack at “The Last of the Giants”.

Breaker Of Chains: Dany’s music from the end of the titular episode.

Watchers On The Wall: Rousing battle music from this Sunday’s upcoming episode. I can’t wait to hear this in context.

I’m Sorry For Today: From Missandei and Grey Worm’s scene in “The Mountain and the Viper”. A lovely tune, although quite appropriately sad.

Thenns: Used multiple times for our favorite cannibals from the North. I really like this one – it’s perfect for that ominous crew.

Mereen (sic?): Obviously this relates to Dany’s storyline, but I can’t place this one exactly. It’s darker than I thought it would be.

First Of His Name: From Tommen’s coronation. It could be repurposed for Stannis, but I doubt it.

The Biggest Fire The North Has Ever Seen: This will signal the start of the attack on the Wall in the next episode. It sounds suitably epic.

Three Eyed Raven: I don’t think that we’ve heard this one yet. It has an ethereal tone that I really like. Most likely we’ll hear this when Bran meets Bloodraven in the finale.

Two Swords: From the cold open that started the season, with elements of the Stark theme giving way to The Rains of Castamere. One of my favorites.

Oathkeeper: I initially thought that this was going to be the music from when Jaime gives Brienne the sword and the two of them say goodbye, but it’s far too dark and ominous for that. Folks … I think we have our Lady Stoneheart music! And no, I’m not concerned about its placement in the middle of the soundtrack rather than at the end. That happens sometimes.

You Are No Son Of Mine: I LOVE this one. Obviously this is what will play when Tyrion kills Tywin, and it appropriately captures the tragedy and catharsis of the moment. The end of one painful chapter, and the beginning of another for our beleaguered Imp.

The North Remembers: This played during Sansa and Tyrion’s scene in “Two Swords” when they’re talking about Robb and Catelyn. It could also be the track from the scene where Sansa builds the snow castle, but I can’t be sure. I recognize elements of both the Winterfell theme and numerous other Stark-related tracks that we’ve heard over the years.

Let’s Kill Some Crows: Another track from next week’s battle. This is another favorite of mine. I’m about ready to go kill some crows myself!

Craster’s Keep: From the end of “First of His Name”, when Jon and the others burn Craster’s Keep to the ground.

The Real North: This sounds very similar to “You Know Nothing”, the Jon and Ygritte love theme that we heard last year. Could this be the music for Ygritte’s death?

Forgive Me: We heard this last week – this is Daenerys banishing Jorah. You can hear the Eastern elements that have been a staple of Dany’s themes for years.

He Is Lost: I like this one, but I don’t quite recognize it. This might the music from the duel between the Mountain and the Viper, but I’m not sure – I’ll need to watch that scene again. Otherwise, my best guess is that it’s another track from the Battle at the Wall, possibly from when the giant charges the gate in the tunnel.

I Only See What Matters: I agree with what others have suggested: this is probably from the finale when Melisandre approaches Jon as he’s preparing Ygritte’s funeral pyre.

Take Charge Of Your Life: From Littlefinger’s pep talk to Robin, and Sansa’s transformation into Darth Sansa, a true player in the game of thrones.

The Children: Beautiful. I’ll be curious to see where this one fits in the finale. It does have a bit of a rousing quality to it, which makes me wonder if it could be end title music, but that wouldn’t really fit with Lady Stoneheart. Otherwise, the most obvious use for this music would be for the introduction of the Children of the Forest, possibly when they save Bran and the others from the wights and White Walkers.

44. King stannis
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:46 am | Permalink

MM,

Sansa Snow castle is a re-use soundtrack from previous seasons which is The Winterfell theme

45. One True King
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:48 am | Permalink

I didn’t think they played “First of His Name” in Episode 5 during Tommen’s coronation — I love the Baratheon leitmotif and don’t recall hearing it then.

Agreed with @MrBushido.

46. Harry Lime
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Sansa's Knight:

The last track on last year’s was “For the Realm”, a bonus track. I think “Taking Charge of You Life” will be used for Stoneheart (it sounds really creepy, right?), and “The Children” will be the end credits music.

47. oberyn!!!
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:52 am | Permalink

where is that awesome Dornish theme that plays for Oberyn’s intro???

48. Patchy Face
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Jared,

My belief is that the. finale will be with Bran and the Children (theme). Ahhh, but then, cold epilogue with LS and Oathkeeper Finis

49. John M W
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:56 am | Permalink

As mentioned further up the thread, the soundtrack will actually be available for Digital Download this Tuesday, June 10.

So only a couple more days. :)

50. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Do we have an actual verified source though for a digital download date? They did it last year so I was hoping for it this year, but I need something more concrete than what’s under a youtube video.

51. John M W
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

The YouTube page is via WaterTower Music, so that info comes straight from the source. :)

52. UnbowdUnbentedUnhodor
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Permalink
  53. Patchy Face
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Just one disappointment – leaving off Dorne theme. Probably saving for next season.

54. Head of the Wolf
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Did anyone else notice your no son of mine had a trace of the Stark theme? Odd considering the scene this line comes from

55. UnbowdUnbentedUnhodor
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

jentario,

They say season 5 has already starting filming:/ dnt think so

56. Tori Targaryen
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

“He Is Lost” is at the Dreadfort when Yara and the others arrive for Theon.

57. John M W
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

Also, the digital download release date was revealed some time ago on the L.A. Times website:

The song also will be available on the “Game of Thrones” Season 4 soundtrack, which arrives digitally on June 10, and on CD July 1.

58. Tori Targaryen
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Head of the Wolf,

No it definitely has the Rains of Castamere hinted at in this track. I think we know what scene it will be

59. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

UnbowdUnbentedUnhodor,

Yes, that’s the one thing that makes the post iffy. But maybe the guy misunderstood that part. You can hardly misunderstand “this will be the location for the Kingsmoot in season 5. We’re already prepping it by unloading sand.”

60. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Tori Targaryen,

Nice bet! This may be it, especially if the recent Kingsmoot rumor is correct.
    EDIT: nvm

61. Tori Targaryen
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

jentario,

If you check the scene on youtube, you can hear it’s the same music when Yara and the others fight with Ramsay.

62. UnbowdUnbentedUnhodor
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Lets hope more news comes through over the next few days. Anyone can take a photo a good looking place on the coast make up a story about it.

63. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

UnbowdUnbentedUnhodor,

Yep. Maybe all those sets he showed weren’t his photos. I linked the comment thread as well, and his points seem rather credible… But who knows.

64. Eddard Stark II
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Chríss,
    It’s playing The Rains Of Castamere! Brienne has nothing to do with TROC. It’s pivotal to Catelyn’s death. I’m 99.9% that it’s Stoneheart.

65. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

John M W:

Yeah the youtube thing is meaningless since it doesn’t say digital download but LA Times I can work with. I’d forgotten that. Thanks!

66. Zack
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

King Stannis: Are you really crying over burping? You milk drinker. Who gives a shit about the songs in westeros in the show. That’s not what we watch it for. Reading, sure. It’s fun.

Weirdos turn everything into something negative. Enjoy the tunes

I forgot that some people won’t stand for criticizing of minor things because the show is great in most respects.

Get over yourself.

67. Renly's Peach
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

I had already heard rumors that Lady Stoneheart would be cut from this season, and the fact this soundtrack doesn’t hint at her making an appearance at all is sort of another nail on the coffin.

Besides, episode 10 will most likely end with another Dany scene. You know those are mandatory. Probably her finally locking up the dragons. Hence “the children” not only applying to the CotF.

68. Ramsayreek
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

so most of these comments are about SH, going even as far to say that Brienne is going to meet them this season. This is not going to happen. Dont waste your expectations and comments on this so much.

69. Patchy Face
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Know off topic – but Pedro Pascal is confirmed in Variety as starring in Netflis series to air next year…Excellent!

70. Head of the Wolf
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Tori Targaryen,

It just sounded so much like the Stark theme and as I know which scene the theme will play over I thought it weird

71. Tori Targaryen
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Head of the Wolf:
    Tori Targaryen,

No it’s definitely a Lannister moment, I can hear the theme. But I know what you mean. There just haven’t been many emotional pieces of music that contain their theme in this way, whereas the Starks have an abundance of tracks like that lol

Take Charge of Your Life, however, I did hear some Stark notes there, very subtle but it is there. And it’s not a piece we’ve heard yet. My first instinct was it related to Sansa, but on reflection, it could be an Arya moment.

72. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

So no comments on the potential Kingsmoot confirmation?
    Is UnbowedUnbentUnhodor the only one who gives two shits?

73. mitsosaris
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

no bolton theme.where is tyrions trial theme?where is oberyn’s theme when he speaks with tyrion at the dungeon?where is littlefinger’s theme at season 4?no stannis theme at the wall?and so many unrealeased season 3 songs?what is wrong with you ramin?

74. Zack
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    So no comments on the potential Kingsmoot confirmation?
    Is UnbowedUnbentUnhodor the only one who gives two shits?

I commented but it seems to have been lost to the Void.

I am thrilled, like you. I’d have been crushed if the Iron Islanders and Dornish hadn’t been represented properly. The Kingsmoot is one of the best parts of the book.I like AFFC more for the new character POVs than the returning ones.

75. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Renly’s Peach,

Does any potential Dany scene fit this description of the final scene, described by Sophie Turner?

“Oh yes! I can tell you that the end of the season, I mean, we have really great ends to every season. This season, there’s been peaks the whole way through, but the one at the end is spectacular. And it’s one of those, like the last three seasons you get chills at the end, but this one is actually really good because it takes the storyline to a whole new level of a particular storyline. And you’re like “WOW.” Then you can’t wait for the next season.”

“It’s a hopeful turn. It’s dramatic but it’s like, for once Game of Thrones isn’t so depressing. (laughs)”

I don’t see Dany chaining her dragons fitting that description.

76. TheLightningLord
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

he North Remembers’ was used in ‘Dark Wings, Dark Words’ last season(as well as when Sansa & Tyrion are talking about the Red Wedding in ‘Two Swords’) when Catelyn was talking about Jon. Such an awesome piece. So glad we’re finally getting the full release. ‘Two Swords’ was one I thought would get omitted, but I’m glad that’s there as well. I’m going to abuse the replay button with those & the music from ‘The Watchers on the Wall’ which all sounds amazing.

‘I’m Sorry For Today’ is when Grey Worm & Missendei are talking in #8

‘Forgive Me’ sounds like Jorah getting banished

‘The Real North’ sounds like Ygritte’s death (Instead of Jon saying “you’ll see a hundred castles” I think he’s going to say “The real north” i.e. his home)

I have no idea where ‘He is Lost’, & ‘I Only See What Matters’, could be from

The omission of Oberyn’s theme is just another reason why I hope we get a full soundtrack release or ‘Suite’ releases when the series itself is over.

77. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Zack,

This isn’t confirmation, but it seems like it could be. So yeah, it’s cool!

78. Zack
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Renly’s Peach,

I don’t see Dany chaining her dragons fitting that description.

Intriguing quote. I could see Jon being elected LC as fitting that description, or LS–if either scene makes this season.

79. davyJones
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

where oberyn’s theme? The one that plays on his intro to the show.

80. Tori Targaryen
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

Renly’s Peach,

I don’t think this season will end with Dany at all. What happens with her dragons is not a joyous moment. Her highlight was in the last season. While she’s now Queen of Meereen and it appears all is going well on the surface, but underneath, things are starting to shake. This is reflected with her relationship with the dragons. And what she ends up doing to them. She locks them up, one flees, this is all about Dany. She’s not being who she’s meant to be.

I think it is likely we’ll end with a Bran/ Children scene.

81. Kay
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Renly’s Peach,

I don’t see Dany chaining her dragons fitting that description.

Non Book reader here. Since this is an even season (4) ending, I would think it ends on a scene focussed on some game-changing event North of the Wall. So far they have followed the theme of Fire-Ice-Fire ending of seasons. I would think Season 5 would again end on Daenerys, and more importantly, something to do with dragon(s).

82. Head of the Wolf
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Tori Targaryen,

It’s just the oathkeeper more like what I expected but at least we know Tywin last words are there

83. BuggerMe
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

To all those worried about LSH:

http://imgur.com/qd97HP2 from Cinefex issue 137 that talked about season 4 GOT

84. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Head of the Wolf,

SPOILER TAGS PLEASE!

85. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

BuggerMe,

This is the same magazine that revealed there would be mammoths in the upcoming episode too, before any of the previews aired.

86. BuggerMe
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Correct. I tend to take their word on things that are effect-heavy.

87. Head of the Wolf
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

jentario,

They are on

88. Cthulhu Greyjoy
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

We shall have no king but through the KINGSMOOT!

89. Falcon
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Nooope, not again! Last year the stupid soundtrack got me so excited and sure of a LS appearance. I firmly believe that isn’t happening until I see it on screen.

90. Mike
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Bit disappointed it’s so Jon/Daenerys centric. The track I was looking forward to the most was the Dornish theme (which would understandably be saved for next year).

91. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Falcon,

Difference is the scene should never have been last season. This season will allow it to follow book canon, and reveal Stoneheart as she should be revealed: not some cheap ass twist that demeans the Red Wedding, which happened one episode earlier(!), but as a truly out-of-nowhere mind blow that mixes hope and dread.

92. Falcon
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

jentario,

You won’t fool me! *runs off into the night*

93. Patchy Face
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Have not seen this posted elsewhere – Pedro Pascal has nabbed his own Netflix series to air in 2015.

94. jkb
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Patchy Face:

ooooh ‘centers on notorious Colombian cocaine kingpin Pablo Escobar’!! really looking forward to it, hopefully it’s a good as house of cards.

95. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Patchy Face,

Good for him! He deserves it

96. GeekFurious
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

If Oathkeeper is LS, then I think it isn’t much of a stretch to think those who suggested they would move up Brienne’s meeting with her were right.

I really don’t want that to be the case.. I’d rather they hang a few Freys and just remind people who they are with some exposition.

97. dave
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

“Forgive Me” has already played. It’s Jorah’s exit.

98. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

I think Pedro Pascal proved that this series needs new characters to keep it fresh and interesting, and that this will ensure that we not only get more Dornish, but more Ironborn as well.

I hope that poster is legit re: the Kingsmoot. One of the more evocative set pieces in the books.

99. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos,

I agree. There’s no chance the Iron Born just fade away, not this time. Cutting both the Greyjoy bros likely means changing the story a lot. D&D haven’t done that yet, though season 5 will be the one to test them on that front. I think we may well get an Euron. Victarion… I hope so, but I don’t know. Aeron is as good as cut, though he might make a cameo in the Kingsmoot (I would say this is still unlikely though).

Really hoping that this reddit post isn’t bullshit… Honestly, the Greyjoys (outside of Yara, who I believe should become a regular next season) only really need to appear in two-to-three episodes.

100. Carne
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

They were right about the mammoth, but that was because they interviewed the VFX supervisor. The part about LSH just sounds like speculation based on what’s in the book. Also, is that only in the print version? Can’t find it in my online article.

101. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Gah! For some reason the site signed me out and I didn’t notice until I tried to post my longish comment, which was eaten.

Not going to bother typing it all over. I’ll just say I agree with you all about where Oathkeeper will be played.

102. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Carne,

This is very old, if that helps. I think I saw it back before the season began.

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

This is really annoying. It happens every time I refresh the page. Didn’t happen before…

103. Veltigar
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    So no comments on the potential Kingsmoot confirmation?
    Is UnbowedUnbentUnhodor the only one who gives two shits?

I was to busy crying of happiness about the news to respond immediatly :D All I can say is TEAM GREYJOY ALL THE WAY

[the salesman thinks Joe is a gigolo]
    Salesman: [whispering in Joe's ear] As long as the lady is paying for it, why not take the Vicuna? And Cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron

104. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

Take it with a grain of salt… This is not conclusive evidence, just some guy on the internet. It seems legit though…

105. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

I hope they only cast Euron, unless they get Ray Stevenson for Victarion. He’s the only actor who could get me to care about that dullard of a character.

Dominic West for Euron! Screw Mads Mikkelsen.

106. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Ray Stevenson for Victarion!
    Dominic West for Euron! (sorry Velti Mads is a pipe dream given Hannibal)

Not sure we’re getting Vic, though :(

107. Sunfyre
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Ray Stevenson for Victarion
    Jason Isaacs for Euron

Make it happen D&D.

Edited to add — Crap, Jason Isaacs is the lead in a show for USA set in Jerusalem supposedly airing this fall. Nevermind.

108. Carne
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Ray Stevenson is the man. Just imagine a scene like this taking place on a ship (‘Rome’ spoilers).

Edit: How come I have to enter my username and email for every time I refresh the page?

109. Veltigar
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    Veltigar,

Honestly, the Greyjoys are by far the most interesting characters in the book. Definitely the most interesting family. Even the most generic character amongst them Asha/Yara is still great. But they have Theon, Big Vic, Euron, Aeron and that’s without taking the historic members into account Dalton Greyjoy seems to be an utter badass. The Ironborn version of Prince Daemon Targaryen. And that with the limited page time they get in comparison with the Targaryens and the Starks.

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Veltigar,

Dominic West for Euron! Screw Mads Mikkelsen.

Please, you simply don’t understand the greatness of Big Vic. For starters, his chapters are amongst the funniest in the entire series, the only one that comes even close is Cersei. He’s an utter badass and he’s just an odd duck. Characters like him don’t often get a voice of their own, but GRRM makes him into an interesting and even sympathetic character (despite the horrible shit he does). He’s also great in the sense that he’s so straightforward. Not every character needs to be a brooding bastard or a master player. Big Vic is a breath of fresh air.

jentario:
    Tyrion Pimpslap,

Ray Stevenson for Victarion!
    Dominic West for Euron! (sorry Velti Mads is a pipe dream given Hannibal)

Not sure we’re getting Vic, though :(

They can’t cut Vic.

Oh, and screw you guys :p, Mads is the better actor and he certainly would make the better Euron. They might not cast him for reasons mentioned, but he would undoubtedly be better. He would be to Euron what Charles Dance is to Tywin, namely the nec plus ultra.

He would even like a role on the show, especially if he get’s a fight scene with his good friend NCW I see Euron’s story going that way in the books, so yeah for that!

[Mads Mikkelsen isn't cast as Euron]
    Kurtz: [voiceover] The horror… the horror…

110. Sunfyre
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Also thanks Jentario for commenting back to the reddit poster. hopefully he is just confused about the difference between pre-production and actual filming. Maybe a stupid question but would there be any practical reasons why the production would need to lay the fresh sand now as opposed to middle of July or something? To allow it to be exposed to weather and tides, not look so new perhaps?

111. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Sunfyre,

McNulty is the Crow’s Eye. Support Dominic West! He turned down the role of Mance because he thought he would have had to spend a couple of months in Iceland, and he didn’t want to leave his family for that long. It’s time to offer him the chance to play another king, and this time assure him that he won’t film for that long.

112. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

jentario,

But it was a “cheap-ass twist that demeans the RW,” if that’s how you want to put it. It happened… just like Grey-Robb happened. Just because we didn’t see it or read it doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen. There are those of us who really were hoping to see something that indicated something macabre (or dare I say…hopeful) was afoot. Why aren’t we getting stories about the BwB and wolves escalating their attacks in the riverlands??? Ahhhh!

There…I got that out of my system (for the 123rd time).

I liked “Let’s Kill Some Crows”, “Oathkeeper” and “The Children”. Let’s do this….so much shit is gonna go down…!

113. Sunfyre
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Dominic West is a few years younger than Ray Stevenson. Not saying it’s a dealbreaker or anything. Just not sure West is perfect for Euron. He really should have taken the Mance role when he had the chance.

114. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Sunfyre,

He answered that they apparently began shooting very early this time. What are the odds of that? None, right? If the tour guide lied about this, whose to say there will be a Kingsmoot… Maybe it’s the redditor whose lying. Ugh.

115. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Sunfyre,

Euron is described to have not aged a day since the last time Victarion saw him years before. So that’s actually not a problem.

116. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

You all need to COVER YOUR SPOILERS when you are talking about the Kingsmoot and LS and well, ANYTHING that hasn’t happened yet. I don’t know why I have to keep saying this.

117. Sunfyre
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    Sunfyre,

He answered that they apparently began shooting very early this time. What are the odds of that? None, right? If the tour guide lied about this, whose to say there will be a Kingsmoot…Maybe it’s the redditor whose lying. Ugh.

Don’t give up hope yet man. He was probably just confused. The tour guide probably saw the earth movers dumping sand and maybe other people from the production overseeing everything. Then he made the leap that they’ve started filming. So the info may be good but he was just confused about actual filming taking place.

118. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

You just spoiled the covert fact that there are spoilers in this thread! How dare you? Admit it, you love your job as the GoT/WiC thought policewoman. :)

119. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Do new character names/descriptions count as spoilers? Or is it just future events? Just for future reference…

120. Zack
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Veltigar,

Dominic West for Euron! Screw Mads Mikkelsen.

Them’s fighting words. I almost hate that Hannibal was renewed because I want Mads to be available for Euron.

Though, I would get over it really damn quickly if Dominic West was cast instead.

I just think Mads and Ray Stevenson would make the ideal pair of ironborn brothers.

121. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Sunfyre,

Just looking at their faces, I think West could pass as being older than Stevenson. I just want McNulty on the show. He would have been the perfect Mance, and the character probably would have had more screentime if he had accepted the role. Euron is pretty much the last character left that he could play.

122. House de Laguna
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Where’s Oberyn’s theme!?

123. Sunfyre
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Yeah, they could make it work. i think i’m so hung up on the idea of Ray Stevenson as Victarion that I only picture older badasses as Euron. But jentario made the point he doesn’t appear to have aged a day. So they could make it work. And Dominic West can definitely do the playful yet menacing side of Euron. I always think of Euron as really having a blast in day to day life. Like he’s fucking with everyone and gets enormous enjoyment out of it. But he also has a cerebral side where wheels are turning in his head and he’s plotting the future. He’s an interesting character.

124. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    Ours is the Fury,

The name of most new characters isn’t a spoiler. A few new names- Stoneheart, or Aegon, for example- would raise a big red flag for the Unsullied, especially when they’re used in some kind of context and really need to be covered.
    I think the character descriptions, it’s mostly just if they include some kind of plot element or hint at it, not just a personality trait. But if you’re in doubt something, just cover it up for the time being.

125. JamesL
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

jentario,

LS is a cheap ass twist that demeans the Red Wedding no matter when she shows up. In fact waiting a year to show her makes it even more of a cheap ass twist. By waiting a year they have allowed the Red Wedding to gather all this glory and become an iconic piece of television that has been written about and discussed all over the media only to then a year later go lol jk she’s still alive.

126. Ser Florian
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

Well, she’s kinda alive. I guess. Caetlyn Stark isn’t back… It’s Lady Stoneheart. Different kettle of fish, really.

127. Tatters
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

Seriously, why cant people leave the dead alone? As Edd says “The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints—the ground’s too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do…”

128. Sunfyre
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

Has there been a casting speculation thread just for the Greyjoy brothers (Vic, Euron, Aeron?) Feels like they’ve been discussed ad nauseam but as parts of other threads not one of their own… What say you OitF? It would be hilarious if you left Mads off the likely candidates list.

129. Sunfyre
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

But it isn’t really a rah-rah GO STARKS revelation or even a continuation of Cat as a character. She’s transformed into a ghoulish shadow of her former self. Fucked up state of affairs and more tragic than anything. I want the Frey’s to pay as much as anyone but Lady Stoneheart just makes me sad.

130. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

It will be interesting how they do our favorite raspy-voiced woman with a heart of stone…if they do it (which they will). GRRM hit us over the head with Thoros’ resurrection capability and Beric’s tiredness of being resurrected and Arya’s dreams and violation of guest right and hints of wolfpack/BwB insurrection activity….and it wasn’t a “cheap ass twist” in ASoS. It was a keen twist on the Stark/North Remembers revenge concept.

Tatters,
    That was very funny. :) I like that ASoI&F gives us a new appreciation for the dead and undead.

131. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

It isn’t though.
    Seeing Catelyn resurrected would have been cheap. Seeing Stoneheart in action, though, tells a very different story. The Unsullied will still gather some hope from this, but just like Oberyn’s head that hope will be crushed in the premiere of season 5 when it is revealed that Stoneheart is even farther away from Catelyn than they ever imagine. This isn’t your typical fantasy resurrection by any means, and showing it like that at the end of season 3 would have yielded a bad reaction. In season 4, like in the book, we drop right into Stoneheart.

What I don’t like is that they haven’t been setting this up. At all.

132. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

I heard a rumor a few weeks ago that they might be filming earlier this year, but there was never anything concrete and nothing about specific locations. I’m sure they’re in pre-production, but there haven’t been any cast sightings and no new cast announcements. So hmmm. Just hmmmm.

Sunfyre,

We have no inkling that we’ll see either one of them this year. Unfortunately that reddit thread is no proof. There’s no photos of anything new, just one guy claiming someone told him something about a kingsmoot.

133. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I think Vincent Regan (I remember him as Eudorus the Myrmidon in Troy), Luke Evans (Bard from the Hobbit 2 & 3), Richard Armitage (Thorin from the Hobbit films) or Mikael Persbrandt (Beorn from the Hobbit films) would make very good Eurons.

I really do want Mads Mikklelsen as Victarion, but imagine that will be difficult.

West and McNulty (who I have a very difficult time distinguishing) always strike me as too modern.

134. jentario
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Better than nothing, I guess…

135. Sunfyre
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Fair enough. Your logic and equanimity is always appreciated :)

136. Veltigar
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos:

Apart from the right color of eyes, Regan doesn’t really fit Euron. He was always my favorite choice for Aeron though, there’s something about the guy. I can’t put my finger on it, he’s a big fellow but he’s also kind of fragile. Like he could easily be unhinched. He would be great as Victarion’s (played by Ray Stevensons) supporter and Euron’s (played by Mads Mikkelsen)adversary who is still suffering from major trauma because Euron most likely molested him when they were younger They’ll probably cut if of course, but if they had enough screen time to do it justed he would be great in that role

Tim: We’re all traveling through time together, every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish the remarkable casting of Mads Mikkelsen as Euron.

137. Anguissette1979
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Oberyn’s badass guitar theme omitted? I SAY WE RIOT!

138. Mormegil
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Not sure if this has been seen yet (I know someone gave some details of what was said)

Tyene Audition

139. Anguissette1979
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Mormegil,

Not a fan of this particular audition but I’m hoping we can get a transcription out of it!

140. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Mormegil:

Tyene Audition

An absolutely terrible audition. IMO, if the Dornish storyline is going to be a prominent one as the Lannister’s decline, they have to get the Dornish women right. I would advocate going for actresses that are slightly older than their book counterparts (and more experienced as actresses), so as to raise the probability of a mature performance. This audition was a hideous caricature of Tyene, and I would hate for the limited range of an actress to limit the power of the Bornish storyline.

141. JamesL
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

jentario,

LS will get a very mixed reaction from the unsullied though. I know there will be plenty of “jumping the shark” comments if she is included in the show. The Brienne and Pod storyline this season seems to suggest that she will be showing up but an issue that many people seem to forgot is that this is a role that many actresses would have no interest in playing. People don’t seem to even think about whether or not Michelle Fairley is even open to playing a mute zombie role like this. This issue is what makes me think there is a good chance she never shows up in the show at all.

142. Oathkeeper
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

I just want to know which song is the one that is played when Tyrion breaks up with Shae, and later on when she walks in at Tyrion’s trial. That one is just beautiful.

143. JamesL
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

A lot of people assume she is talking about Lady Stoneheart but she could be referring to Bran meeting Bloodraven and the Children of the Forrest. If LS isn’t in the show I think that will be the finale scene of the season.

144. Mormegil
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

If the character does appear in the show you can bet that she won’t be mute. They might have Michelle Fairley speak in a whisper but they will certainly have her speaking.

145. Greatjon of Slumber
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:21 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Sunfyre,

I will modify what I said before Season 3. The only way we get Dominic West for Euron is if we get Wendell Pierce for Vic. “See him? That bitch there? Cut his throat and throw his motherfuckin’ ass in the ocean.”

146. Dolorous Ned
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Mormegil,

Interesting. It looks like they may be changing Tyene’s character quite a bit and omit her facade of innocence and piety. That audition sounded more like I imagined Nym

147. Chysko Ikana
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

Where is the song for Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!
    Something like this @1:35 would be great!

148. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

Mormegil:
    JamesL,

Precisely. I am consistently surprised at the degree to which book fans are unable to imagine a screen interpretation of a character that differs slightly from its book counterpart. Perhaps Fairley wouldn’t play a mute zombie. But what’s so difficult about giving her lines!?

149. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

Dolorous Ned:
    Mormegil,

Agreed. But whether it’s Nym or Tyene, it was atrocious acting.

150. Tatters
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos,

But its easy to imagine her being a daughter of Oberyn.

151. Greenjones
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos,

Yeah, not a very compelling performance. But at least we got a taste of the writing and we know that Bronn will get his antidote after all.

152. Hath4
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Cat had her throat cut to the bone, she will be mute except for a few gargled words here and there. Hand gestures will work just fine and add to the creepiness of it.

153. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Tatters:
    ArgonathofBraavos,

But its easy to imagine her being a daughter of Oberyn.

Perhaps, but that’s far less important an attribute than being a good actress, IMO. In any case, Pedro had sex appeal, but he also had a steely nerve and a sharp mind. I sense none of that in the air-headed performance displayed in that audition tape.

154. Annara Snow
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

Renly’s Peach:

By “rumours”, you mean “people on a forum speculating”?

155. Annara Snow
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos: Perhaps, but that’s far less important an attribute than being a good actress, IMO. In any case, Pedro has sex appeal, but he also had a steely nerve and a sharp mind. I sense none of that in the air-headed performance displayed in that audition tape.

I’m sure there are lots of bad audition performances recorded at various auditions. Not everyone who comes to audition is going to be great. I’m not sure what the problem is? It’s not like she’s been cast.

156. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Hath4:

In the show, Sansa says “they say” her mother’s throat was cut to the bone, much like “they said” Tyrion had his nose sliced off at the Blackwater (but he didn’t). So Cat’s throat may not have actually been cut to the bone. And even if it was, that doesn’t mean her vocal chords can’t be healed through the resurrection process. I’d like to hear her speak in a raspy voice, personally, though I would also be fine with her as a mute. Just not sure Fairley would be excited about that…

157. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

Annara Snow,

I’m not sure what the problem is either. :-)

I suppose I am worried that the Dornish women might be played as caricatures, rather than three-dimensional characters, and when I see that reflected in audition tapes it worries me more.

But it’s been proven time and again that Nina Gold knows what she is doing, so I will cease my worrying!

158. strokememarge
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

interior Bannisters,

I listened to Oathkeeper, definitely not in the episode of the same name, and at the end it really gets creepy:)

159. strokememarge
    Posted June 7, 2014 at 11:29 pm | Permalink

I love the Thenn’s theme, i cannot wait every episode to see if they appear just so I can hear the theme:)

160. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 12:02 am | Permalink

I have a source who corroborated the reddit source on the existence of a “Kingsmoot” location outside Belfast. Does this mean we’re getting Euron AND Victarion? Not necessarily. But I now feel pretty confident that there will be an Ironborn Kingsmoot in season 5.

161. Luka Nieto Garay
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 12:22 am | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos,

Did your source add any sort of information?

162. Greenjones
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 12:38 am | Permalink

strokememarge,

It’s very Hans Zimmer, isn’t it. Quite a bit like the Batman scores, the pounding and not to mention the Inception-esque BWAAAAAAM.

163. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 12:48 am | Permalink

Luka Nieto Garay:
    ArgonathofBraavos,

Did your source add any sort of information?

Nope. The only thing he said is that he also took a tour, and that stop was clearly and unequivocally described as the chosen location for the Ironborn “Kingsmoot.” The credibility of these reports still depend on this tour guide, however, so we’ll see. I, for one, believe it.

164. Lord Of Lite
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 1:29 am | Permalink

Dammit ArgonathoofBraavos, you quoted Hath4 and removed his spoiler tags from his posting.

165. House de Laguna
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 1:42 am | Permalink

I think LS will be in it, on top of all the rumors and the stone hear pic, remember Arya ran away when the bwb mentioned they were going to attack a Lannister camp that was set South near the river? Then Sansa mentioned that they dumped Catelyns body in the river. So I’m pretty sure the bwb found Catelyns body. And Brienne is heading towards bwb territory/heading the wrong way because of Pod, so it’ll be Brienne and Pod who confront LS this season. I hope at least.

166. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 1:56 am | Permalink

Annara Snow: By “rumours”, you mean “people on a forum speculating”?

Thank you for saying this, so I didn’t have to. LS will be in! Only question is how she will be introduced…. And why has there been no setup? Maybe tmrw night we get some hints, as we got hints or ep9 events last week.

167. GeekFurious
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 2:31 am | Permalink

Some of you just can’t stop revealing major spoilers without spoiler tags, huh?

168. cosca
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 3:43 am | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

But there has been setup. That’s what the whole Beric Dondarrion subplot was for.

169. jentario
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 4:49 am | Permalink

Mormegil,

The actress doesn’t look like Tyene and the audition in general wasn’t great… But the scene itself sounds interesting

170. jentario
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 5:15 am | Permalink

Lord Of Lite:

Shit… Unsullied?

Tip to my Sullied friends: NEVER USE QUOTES WHEN THE QUOTED POST HAS SPOILER TAGS! They don’t work sometimes and that’s a shame.

171. Turncloak
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 7:26 am | Permalink

Mormegil,

Awful audition but that seems to confirm the comments of a poster here that Tyene poisons Bronn and gives him the antidote. So it seems we will get alot of Jaime and Bronn in Dorne. F***ing HYPED!!!!!

172. Turncloak
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Also since when is Lady Stoneheart mute? I recall her talking in a raspary voice to Brienne towards the end of ADWD when she demands Jaime’s head

173. Serpounce
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 7:44 am | Permalink

‘Take charge of your life ‘ is definitely LS soundtrack. It features the stark theme set in minor and the description of the track fits the event perfectly.

174. Mark Hogan
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Reading this thread you really wonder whether people have watched this season or not.

People talking about “Forgive me” being something with Ygritte and Jon, others claiming it is certain that “Take charge of your life” is Lady Stoneheart, others saying “Meereen” hasn’t been heard yet

Just so everybody is clear, “Forgive me” was Jorah’s banishment, the portion of “Take charge of your life” that we have here was used during Sansa’s testimony, and presumably the score for the Darth Sansa scene was also an extract from “Take charge of your life” since Littlefinger said those words to Robin in that scene

“Meereen” was heard when the champion of Meereen rode out the city gates in “Breaker of Chains”

“Oathkeeper” is a darker variation of a theme that has often been used for the Hound, for instance in his scene with Bronn in the brothel in “Blackwater” and in his scene with the Brotherhood without Banners in “And now his Watch is Ended”

This leads me to believe that we may indeed get a Brienne/Hound confrontation in the finale, he may be the guy who gets his ear bitten off

HOWEVER, the fact that the theme in question was used around the BwB, combined with the fact that this theme is named “Oathkeeper” (and is considerably more sinister than the version of it we had in the Hound scenes I mentioned) leads me to believe that it may indeed be used for Lady Stoneheart, even if I do think a Brienne/Hound scene remains more likely

Let’s not forget how D&D love to have characters who don’t meet in the novels cross paths in the show, plus if Brienne doesn’t meet Stoneheart in the finale she will need proper finale material, and I don’t think biting off the ear of a man we don’t know would be that interesting, so making it someone we do know who also happens to be marked for death (aka the Hound) makes more sense (even though I really don’t want that to happen)

Another argument in favor of the likelihood of a Brienne/Hound meeting, is the possibility that The Hound/Gravedigger theory is true and will end up being important, in which case this may help set some of that up

175. jentario
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Serpounce,

Isn’t that Darth Sansa walking down the stairs, though?
    I seriously can’t see Oathkeeper as anything but Stoneheart- it’s creepy as fuck, related to Brienne’s storyline and hasn’t been played yet this season. It has to be it…

176. sati
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Chysko Ikana,

I’m betting it’s 1:46 when we see him

177. sati
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 11:12 am | Permalink

JamesL,

Stoneheart is not a ‘mute zombie’. And I don’t think that few ridiculous comments that she ‘diminishes RW’ from people who obviously don’t realize what her rising means, will cause ‘mixed’ reaction.

178. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

jentario: Shit… Unsullied?

My sincerest apologies. I am indeed quite new to the site and did not realize that quoting a spoiler removed the spoiler tags. Unfortunately, the window for deleting/ editing my comment has passed, and there is nothing I can do about it. But again, please accept my apologies. I did not intend to reveal such a massive spoiler, and hope that no unsullied show-only participants in this thread were harmed by it!

179. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

strokememarge,

Agreed on the Thenn theme. Love it. It’s intense without being too emotionally manipulative. It reminds me of the deep, chaotic horns played during Tibetan Buddhist ceremonies, actually…

180. James
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

We still have a Brienne scene coming up so that could be ‘Oathkeeper’

Im really hoping we see Stoneheart but Im starting to think Brans storyline will close out this season hence the title of Episode 10 and the track called ‘The Children’

181. jentario
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

James,

What could Brienne possibly do to deserve such creepy music if she isn’t meeting Stoneheart?

182. kevin
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

They won’t meet. LS is in the westlands and they choose to still go to the Eyrie. And it’s already known that Brienne’s arc will end at the bloodgate at the Eyrie, there were promotional pics with Brienne and pod and the guards of the bloodygate. So if Brienne is going to teleport from the Eyrie to the Westlands in the last episode, they won’t meet in season 4.

183. Justin
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

How could they not think that ‘Heir to Winterfell’ was in reference to Rickon? Who’d they think it was, Sansa? Lol these guys…

184. Victor
    Posted June 9, 2014 at 9:12 am | Permalink

I believe it will end with Bran, since it’s called “The Children”, although 2×10 is called “Valar Morghulis” and it didn’t end with Arya
    but I’m still hoping for Stoneheart :(

185. RandomSand
    Posted June 9, 2014 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Anguissette1979,

I have attempted to make a transcription. The “S” is for Someone, as we don’t know who she is talking to. I couldn’t grasp a few words, but i got most of it.

Tyene- He has a good voice
    Someone- We’re lucky he is a singer, if he were a fighter we might have been in trouble; It’s against my code to hurt a woman. It’s amazing how many man (something) beat simply at this code. Wouldn’t say you’d beat me.
    T- Oh, and how is your arm?
    S- Wonderfull, it wouldn’t feel right to leave Dorne without that scar. You think you are leaving Dorne? No (something). Dornish woman are the most beautiful women in the world
    T- Thank you
    S- I said Dornish women, I didn’t say you.
    T- I am not the most beautifull woman you have ever seen?
    S- I’ve sen quite a few women, in all seven kingdoms.
    T- Tell me one woman more beautiful than I am
    S- Well, now, in KL, there was an absolut-
    T- There was a what? Hm? (Taking clothes off) In KL you were saying.
    S- Was I?
    T- There is a woman more beautiful than I am.
    S- What’s that? My memory is not what it was earlier.
    T- And how is your arm now?
    S- You seem concerned with it.You must really like me.
    T- And how is your head?
    S- My head? You dont even wanna know Whats going on in there.
    T- What was that? Are you sure you are feeling alright?
    S- I’m sure, a bit woozy but that is to be expected after a good (something).
    T- Your nose is bleeding.
    S- I’ts not, it’s the dry air.
    T- My dagger was coated with a special ointment from the “Azai” (I assume it’s Asshai). I’ts called “The long Farwell”. It can take sometime to work, sometimes several days, but if one single drop makes contact with the skin: Death. The only antidote (playing wth necklace)… Who is the most beautiful woman in the world? Hm? Who, sorry?
    S- (Weak voice) You.
    T- (Takes something from the necklace and throws it to S) Dont’t drop it… Hm… I think you are very handsome aswell. (Sends a kiss and laughs)

That’s what I got from it… I hope we get a Nym one soon, I need season 5 NOW!

186. strokememarge
    Posted June 10, 2014 at 6:08 am | Permalink

Dammnit, just listened to the season four soundtrack, of course Ramin Djawadi delivers as usual with a tremendous score, but listening to Oathkeeper there is no really big chilling portion which would be a LS reveal, it’s just the Hound/BR fight, which by listening to the track is in the middle of it. The Children isn’t LS either, the first 30 secs isn’t LS, not chilling enough, it is music associated with Dany, I gather its the chaining of her children, which isn’t near enough of an awesome scene to conclude the season on. If this ends up being the case, that would be two seasons in a row with a letdown anti-climatic scene that doesn’t come close to the first two seasons. Viewers want a totally f$%&ing cool closing scene which will have the internet buzzing for weeks and months like the first two bad ass endings. I really had hoped (fingers crossed) that D&D learned from their mistake last season.

187. busman
    Posted June 10, 2014 at 6:53 am | Permalink

strokememarge,

Having heard the whole album, The Children basically confirms that the CotF congregation will be the season ender.

Oathkeeper is the fight for sure, and the veeeeeeery end of the track has a sudden eerie jolt… That said, the end of Mhysa also had a single suspicious note that I thought would be LS, so I won’t read too much into it this time.

I disagree with most people that LS should be the ender. The impact of that plotline on the overall story is very very small so far, whereas the impact of Bran’s plot seems like it will be huge. On the show, Bran’s story in season 5 will be really interesting. LS, not so much (unless they move past DwD).

188. Isabelle
    Posted June 10, 2014 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Here’s The Children:

Overall, a very upbeat and lively track, so am doubting there’s some LS action involved. The violin at the end is absolutely beautiful!

189. No Martell theme??
    Posted June 10, 2014 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Can please someone start an online petition to make Djawadi release Oberyn’s theme??

It’s a real outrage that he would omit this one from the OST.

190. Anguissette1979
    Posted June 10, 2014 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

RandomSand,

Thanks! :-D

191. Anguissette1979
    Posted June 10, 2014 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Downloaded the album today, of course. Any thoughts on what “He Is Lost” is? It’s very tense and actiony.

Also, the lack of Oberyn’s badass guitar theme is incredibly disappointing.

192. Adrita Rahman
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:02 am | Permalink

Jared,

The beginning of “Mereen” plays when Dany is approaching Meereen, and the end of it plays when she crucifies all the slave-masters and stands on that balcony looking all regal.

193. coronaking
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:08 am | Permalink

No Martell theme??:

I’m sure, now that Djawadi knows that Oberyn and that theme are so popular, it will probably become the theme for Dorne and will be on the next soundtrack. ;)

By the way – Is there really no thread to discuss the soundtrack in general? There definitely should be – if only to praise Ramin Djawadi and analyse which themes are where and what it might mean.

194. Brandon
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Pretty bummed Oberyn’s music isn’t included :( Hopefully we’ll get more of the same on next years soundtrack with the introduction of a few new players.

I feel this is going to be an amazing episode even if Lady Stoneheart isn’t revealed, and I really hope fans don’t chastise the writers if they don’t include her at this time. This is the TV Show…not the books. Fans of both can never keep them separate.

Either way, here is how I can see the episode playing out as far as major events go, just because of the music cues…

-Jon parlaying with Mance. Stannis arrives *Heavy VFX battle that keeps getting referred to*
    -The hound and Arya departing & her escaping(Maybe a fight with Brienne…hoping not but I won’t go crazy if it actually happens)
    -Dany seeing the bones of the dead child and chaining her dragons
    -Tyrion’s escape/the murder of Tywin and Shae “You Are No Son of Mine”
    -*hoping for this*Brienne and Pod meet the brotherhood and a fight ensues…she takes a few out but they are defeated and brought before LSH “Oathkeeper” (the end of the track is clearly eerie and ends with a “reveal” type of cadence (3:15-end). I can’t see the end of this track being meaningful to the hound/arya’s story in any way)
    -End of the episode-Bran and company find the tree and are saved by the children of the forest “The Children” …ppl keep saying the beginning of this track is relating to LSH but are forgetting that Bran is ALSO a Stark and that is technically a variation of the Winterfell Theme. Hence Bran meeting the Children. Plus it is clearly called “The Children” lol and the last songs on the soundtracks are always the ones that end the season. This honestly would be a WAY better ending to the season than LSH because it takes the show to a whole other level just like Dany did at the end of Season 1 with the introduction of dragons. Also, ppl will probably stop bitching about how Bran’s story is going nowhere when it may be one of the most important of the series. Also, If they do end it this way it will lend to a theory I have. S1 ended with Dany/Dragons (Fire) S2 Ended in the north with White walkers (Ice). S3 Dany/Yunkai/ Dragons (Fire).S4 Bran/COTF in the North (Ice)

Sorry this was so long haha

195. John M W
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

I echo the sentiments that Oberyn’s theme should have made an appearance somewhere on the album. It’s one of my very few complaints about the soundtrack – which, otherwise, is phenomenal. I’m so glad we got more music than last year (which was way too short).

My minor complaints are the following omissions:

End Credits music from Two Swords
    Oberyn’s Theme (as mentioned above)
    Tyrion’s Trial Music (including the end credits variation of The Rains of Castamere)

Aside from those things, this ranks right up there for me with the Season 2 album. Just amazing music all around. :)

196. John M W
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

I also want to mention how happy I was to hear the track “The North Remembers”. I loved this theme’s use in Season 3′s “Dark Wings, Dark Words” (during Catelyn’s talk about Jon) and was sad not to see it on the album last year. I don’t know if it’s the exact same variation of the theme, but it’s very close. :)

197. SkyWrathMage
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 6:25 am | Permalink

Brandon,

I completely agree with you. “The Chldren” really sounds like it would be played for the closing credits, and the two possibilities of the final scenes were

1) Dany chaining her dragons
    2) Bran meets Bloodraven and Children of the Forest

and I would go with the second one. Like as you said, it correlates with the pattern Fire-Ice-Fire endings of the last 3 Seasons.

I really think Stoneheart would be moved to S05.

[Let's not forget that it is confirmed already there would be a wight attack. This and the CotF's rescue would make Bran an intersting character Season 5 onwards. Now everyone would know that Bran is really up to something big.]

198. Brandon
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 11:38 am | Permalink

SkyWrathMage,

I could see stoneheart moved to s5 as well. The only thing that still has me hoping is Lena’s instagram pic haha and that music. To be completely honest, I love these books but allot of the “WTF!” moments happened in the 3rd book. And if they want to keep the momentum going, that may be a good idea to put that reveal off.

I can see them introducing Dorne/Martells & Sandsnakes next season, and more than likely some more regarding the greyjoy’s plot and asha aka yara being more prominent. One thing they have put off for the longest is Jon’s ability to warg. So that’ll probably be revealed in the beginning of next season. There are definitely things to look forward to. I hope TWOW comes out at least by spring of next year so all the book readers can speed through it before the s5 premiere hahaha because at this point they are certainly going to surpass some book storylines at the pace the show is going.

199. Gise
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 12:18 am | Permalink

Oberyn Wan Kenobi,
    I don’t know, there’s a bit of “The north remembers” in there.