Alfie Allen’s father, Keith Allen, could join Game of Thrones to lead a rebellion
By Lightbringer on in Rumors.

Rumors swirled earlier this year that Alfie Allen’s sister, Lily Allen, had originally been offered the part of his on-screen sister, Yara Greyjoy. (Alfie recently put those rumours to rest in an interview with Vulture.) And now it seems that another family member could be vying for a part on Game of Thrones, Alfie’s father, Keith Allen.

In a brief interview with the Glasgow Evening Times, Keith Allen says that he is pursuing the role of a slave who leads a rebellion “like Spartacus”. And that “Every scene is a bloodbath. Frankly I think I’m cut out for that.”

He also claims that he had previously auditioned for the part of Alfie’s on-screen father, Balon, but deliberately gave a “rubbish” audition because the offer was “a bit cheesy, a bit obvious.”

It is unclear which role Keith Allen would play in Season 5, but it would likely be a character created for the television series, and possibly part of Daenerys’ storyline. As always, we will keep you updated on any solid casting developments.

Update:  An unnamed source confirms that Allen has not been offered a role on the show.

Will Jon Snow Return to Castle Black? by winteriscoming

1. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

I call BS. Just like with Alfie’s sister.

2. ATG
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Very, very interesting news… might turn out to just be a rumour though.

3. Ser Florian
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Cleos the Butcher King?

4. Blind Beth
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

Ser Florian,

That was my thought! That would be pretty cool.

5. house mormont
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

Why would they be casting extra characters in season 5? They can’t even fit in all the Dornish they’re casting and that’s just one of the locations

6. house mormont
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

PS fansided/Zach, can you make it so the Winter is coming home button is always at the top of the screen again? Scrolling to the top is effort on threads with hundreds of comments

7. outdoorcats
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Definitely will go down in history as one of the more WTF headlines in Winter is Coming’s history…though I suspect this is all BS on Keith Allen’s part – both that he auditioned to play Balon and that there is a role for someone who leads a slave rebellion (if I had to guess, he just made that up because he likes ‘Spartacus’)

8. Jesteros
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

Odd article. Could be Cleon the Great, I suppose. That would be cool!

It wouldn’t be the first time this has happened in Game of Thrones. Ron Donachie (Rodrik Cassel) is the real-life father of Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne).

9. Darkstar
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

May I ask why it is there are completely unrelated videos posted at the bottom of EACH AND EVERY POST? I am not going to watch those ridiculous people discuss the show, and doubly so since the vids are shoved down our throats on EACH AND EVERY POST. Or re-edited and posted again ss new material, geeze.

This used to be a such great fansite…………….

10. D'Arcy
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

house mormont:

You can press the “HOME” button on the Fansided bar, it leads right to winteriscoming.net.

11. Amnesiacps
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Gobsmack.

Alfie Allen’s dad is the guy that died at the beginning of Shallow Grave?!

You learn something new every day.

12. FreyJoy
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

I say he looks too much like Alfie not to be family in the series. But we may have some uncles to cast. I do hope we go back to the iron islands in the finale. Could be nice to combine balon’s demise with a Melissandre scene at the wall?

13. Mister Stoneheart
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Poppycock. This clown is full of himself.

14. Smitzzz
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    I call BS. Just like with Alfie’s sister.

Keith Allen is a decent actor , by no means brilliant but he does the job although I just can’t see him in GoT ,he just isn’t serious enough if you get what I mean , as far as Lilly Allen goes , Jesus if that rumor was true we definitely missed a bullet , that would have been the beginning of the end for GoT , she is a fucking dingy .

15. Kitfisto
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Please no, he’s awful in everything.

16. Frey Worm
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

I say we find out next week alfie’s mom is cast as Fake Arya. Now that would give some interesting scenes if they stick to the books…

17. Adam Whitehead
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

I wonder if he got his wires crossed and meant:

The High Sparrow, whom we know is being cast?

18. Maxwell James
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Alfie has some odd family dynamics. Not totally unlike Theon’s.

19. wizardeyes
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

He’s no way near as talented as his son. He can fuck off actually.

20. Turncloak
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Frey Worm,

Lillie Allen for Fake Arya. Obviously :)

21. Darquemode
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Adam Whitehead,

Interesting thought…
    I was thinking a Meereense revolt something like Sons of the Harpy, but I like your idea better.

Oh well, I’m sure he is capable of more dramatic performances, but from what I have seen I prefer him in less dramatic, more comedic roles. If the rumor is even based in fact.

22. als
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Maxwell James:

Poor Alfie, not surprising he’s so good at the playing Theon, it seems all his IRL relatives are assholes.

23. Patchy Face
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Who the hell is Keith Allen? Am I supposed to know this guy?

24. Mike
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Darkstar:

This used to be a such great fansite…………….

Yeah, Im somewhat curious if anybody actually likes these videos

25. Renly's Peach
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

What the hell does “a bit cheesy, a bit obvious” even mean? Why would he purposely audition for a role and not even try?

This guy sounds like a jackass and I wouldn’t even want him as Cleon. Although if ANY of this is true, it’s further proof that S5 Dany’s story is gonna have a ton of filler, original content.

26. Angie Small
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

They chose well for Balon. Alfie has done brilliantly as Theon/Reek, but it feels like his family are raining on his parade. As if the producers had any interest in making it the Allen Family Show.

27. FRANCISCO VALDEZ
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Mads Mikkelsen and Alexander Skarsgard for Euron and Victorion

28. Laurentius
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Mike: Yeah, Im somewhat curious if anybody actually likes these videos

Yeah. I still like this site and the transition was smoother than I would have imagined, but after the marriage to fansided every other post seems to be self-promotion for these guys which really drags down the overall impression of this site. Judging by the number of comments (which may or may not be a fair way to measure) these dame- weapons and cocktail- and whatever else- posts are not that popular either.

29. Tatters
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Renly’s Peach,

I see no need for filler in this arc, lets hope this is Belwas. About time.

30. Mike
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Laurentius: Yeah. I still like this site and the transition was smoother than I would have imagined, but after the marriage to fansided every other post seems to be self-promotion for these guys which reallydrags down the overall impression of this site. Judging by the number of comments (which may or may not be a fair way to measure) these dame- weapons and cocktail- and whatever else- posts are not that popular either.

I agree, those might be worse than the videos. It makes the site seem too much like… Cosmo or US Weekly or something.

31. Rabid Grunt
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

This used to be a such great fansite…………….

Yeh those small optional video boxes ruin this place completely.

32. wizardeyes
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Mike,

I’ve never watched one and I don’t intend to.

33. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Anyway, a source denied the story completely, so that’s that. Can’t say I’m surprised.

34. Daniellica
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Rabid Grunt: Yeh those small optional video boxes ruin this place completely.

WHERE IS MY OUTRAGE???

35. Renly's Peach
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Tatters,

You’re joking, right? About all of that?

Daenerys is gonna be in need of the most filler bar Sansa next season, assuming S5 will completely cover both Feast and Dance. They already borrowed pretty generously from future story lines for this season alone.

36. Laurentius
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

Daniellica: You guys are so right. Some links to videos and other things that are so easy to ignore and get on with reading/commenting/joining in the discussion COMPLETELY ruin the experience, which is all about standing the high moral ground on virtual presentation.

WHERE IS MY OUTRAGE???

Speaking for myself only.
    No, it does not ruin the experience. Who said so? I’m far from outraged. I’m only of the opinion that these videos do nothing to improve this site, I don’t find them interesting and in my opinion they somewhat worsen the overall idea of this website. Compared to most other things posted here, they seem to not get that much attention.

I fully respect anyone whose opinion is different from mine.

37. Easteros bunny
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

He made that Robin Hood show from a few years back watchable! He was awesome as the sheriff of Nottingham!

He should Daario!

38. Don Snow
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Having grown up with him gatecrashing my TV viewing on too numerous an occasion to keep track of, I can happily state that I believe that the man is a tool, pure and simple.

39. Absalom Crane
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

While I at one point was hoping to see him play Balon Greyjoy, at this point I do not see ANY roles in the aSoIaF universe that he would be a good fit for.

Not that he is a bad actor, I simply LOVED his performance on Robin Hood as the Sheriff; such brilliant comedic timing.

Wait, he might be good as Old Griff. A clue? NO!!!

40. Chickenduck
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

Surely you all understood he was joking (as was Lily?)

I was astounded how many people fell for Lily’s prank.

41. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

Chickenduck,

Kidding would be to say, “Yeah they offered me a part! ha, j/k.” Not to give a lengthy interview explaining things. That’s not a joke. Same thing with Lily. She gave a lonnnnng explanation in her AMA. That wasn’t just an offhand joke. Something is really off about the Allens.

42. CarlosDanger
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

What a twat. Just stay home if that’s what you’re gong to do.

Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Something is really off about the Allens.

Except for Alfie, he’s great.

Maybe they’re jealous of his success on GOT? After all, they were both more famous than him until now. Suddenly Alfie might be the most talented one, maybe they’re reacting weirdly to that? No idea.

44. Sunfyre
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Lex,

I have a feeling you nailed it re: jealousy. Alfie is on this enormously successful show with a global reach. Not only that but he’s fucking killing it. He’s one of the strongest actors on the show and everyone knows it. His sister and father seem to have a weird passive-aggressive thing going on.

45. Tar Kidho
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Let’s look at the facts of this ‘interview’: one local news website builds an interview with a catchy title around a few quotes. Are they truly quotes, or are they pulled out of context as the media more often than not do? Maybe Allen Senior said all of this in a mocking way whilst being playfull with the interviewer? You can hardly call it an interview anyway with those few snippets of ‘quotes’, and it’s not unlikely that this small news agent just wanted to get some attention on the back of the most popular television series of the moment. But yeah, let’s go along in this and claim that

Ours is the Fury: Something is really off about the Allens.

PS: I don’t follow celebrity gossip in general as it doesn’t interest me in the slightest, but the one time I saw Lilly Allen on a Brittish talk show (Graham Norton’s I believe) she was actually pretty funny.

46. Jason
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

Something is really off about the Allens.

I find it quite refreshing for them to be taking the piss out of the news like that. Obviously to generate a bit of publicity and stir the pot a little – it’s definitely not unlike Lily Allen to do something like that. Maybe the dry sense of humour runs in the family.

Seems a bit harsh (especially for one of the writers of this fantastic website) to say there’s something really off about them when they’re probably just messing with reporters for a bit of a laugh. I personally had a bit of a laugh about the idea of Lily playing Yara, and even moreso when I found out it was made up. If anything they should be thanked for the page hits I think.

47. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:08 pm | Permalink

Jason,

Every writer on this website is free to have their own opinion. We’re not required to be strictly positive about everything. I think that’s a good thing. You like Lily, good for you. Move along if you can’t handle people not appreciating her “sense of humor.”

48. B
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

I feel so sorry for Alfie.

49. Randa
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

OooooAlfie get up it’s a brand new day,
    I just can’t sit back and watch you waste your life away
    You need to get a job because the bills need to get paid
    Get off your lazy arse,
    Alfie please use your brain

Yeah, that sounds like someone who would be bitter about her lil bro’s future success. What was the point of this whole article? None? Click bait? Cool.

Cuz we hate what you do
    And we hate your whole crew so
    Please don’t stay in touch…*GREYJOY ANTHEM…j/k, could you imagine?!*

50. Immi
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 12:32 am | Permalink

Thank goodness this isn’t true. I barely watched the Robin Hood series, but if I ever caught it his facial expressions would always piss me off, so hammy. As for Lily Allen, my only consolation there would be at least she’d not be making music anymore… Though I was pretty amused when I realised Alfie was her brother and that song of hers ‘Alfie’ from a few years ago was about him.

51. Jason
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 1:49 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    Jason,

…Well that escalated quickly. Wasn’t trying to pick a fight – I’d rather not move along if that’s okay with you. I’ve been coming here since WiC started and don’t plan on changing my home page any time soon.
    Opinions are great. You may have misunderstood mine, as I’m not really a fan of Lily Allen. I just found the whole thing quite amusing.

Aaaaaanyway, maybe he’s hoping the publicity will lead to an actual offer?

52. Tar Kidho
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 3:42 am | Permalink

Jason,

You are a kind person Jason – it’s all too easy on the internet to be too confrontational, as I prove to myself time and time again…as does Fury… (oops I did it again)

53. alayne stoneheart
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 5:49 am | Permalink

Easteros bunny:

Plus “too cheesy” just sounds like an excuse. Why audition at all then? He probably just didn’t get the role. I don’t know enough about Lily Allen to judge, but there’s definitely something off about her father.

Alfie is amazing, thou!

54. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 6:33 am | Permalink

Randa,

Honestly, you could put Lily’s lyrics over so many show moments.

Ros to Theon: ‘Please can you stop pulling my hair!?

Joffrey to Sansa: At first, when I see you cry-y-y, it makes me smi-i-ile. It makes me smi-i-ile.

Next year Cersei’s entire story arc could be backed by: It’s hard, it’s hard, it’s hard out here for a bitch!

Of course, Ramin’s score would be a million times more preferable though.

55. Dame of Mercia
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 6:56 am | Permalink

Does Keith Allen say the role he read for is actually in “Game of Thrones”? Could it have been another show? As I don’t know him obviously I cannot comment about his personality. The version of the Sheriff of Nottingham he played in the BBC “Robin Hood” show a few years back was written as a cheesy character. He was alright in “Bodies” and in his younger days played the part of Rex in “Making Out” satisfactorily.

As for the number of articles posted on this website now, well I don’t have the time to read them all. I choose those I think might be interesting.

56. Smitzzz
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 9:05 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    Chickenduck,

You can say that again , Lilly Allen is pure tool ,if she had been offered a part the show would be over ,that is how bad she is , not even joking. She’s like a more annoying , cheaper version of Miley Cyrus .

57. SillyMammo
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Sounds like Alfie’s family is a bit jealous of his new found fame. Trying to grab some of the spotlight.

58. Perkins
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

I auditioned for Daario Naharis before season 3. I tanked it on purpose because i didn’t want to get into shape or get a paying job.

seems legit.

59. Randa
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Valyrian Plastic,

Haha! Clearly! Just heard The Children track and got chills, btw…but if King’s Landing isn’t London Town I don’t know what is!

60. easteros bunny
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

alayne stoneheart: He was nothing but trouble among the Robin Hood cast thou. They described him as a “big personality” and a drama queen.

What is your source on that being said by the Robin Hood cast?