Pages of Tyrion’s speech from “The Laws of Gods and Men” script released
By Lightbringer on in Production.

It’s not often we get to see an original Game of Thrones script, so this is a real treat. Entertainment Weekly has exclusively released pages from one of the most important sequences we’ve seen so far this season: Tyrion’s trial. The pages take us from Jaime’s visit with Tyrion on the stand urging him to enter a formal plea, all the way to Tywin and Tyrion trading stares.

Penned by Bryan Cogman, and highly anticipated by book readers, the trial was very well received after it first aired. But after reading the subtleties in Cogman’s descriptions, it becomes even more clear that all those involved in bringing it to our screen did an outstanding job.

Very cool.

Spirits of Westeros: Castle Black Revolver by winteriscoming

1. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

HEART OF DARKNESS

2. Roey
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

I’d read a whole book of that! Haha

3. blackfish
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

Half-man! Half-man!

It’s going to be an epic season finale, can not wait! especially when my niece shows up for some vengeance

House Tully: Family, Duty, Honor.

4. Sansa's Knight
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Eerm what was the point of this post again … I mean I did have subtitles to my episode u know …. And I really didn’t need the bits that weren’t dialogues … It was pretty obvious … Sorry just did a rewatch of episodes 5,6&7 tonight so this is like ??? I thought there wud be some new stuff here … Once again sorry …. I’m just a crazy fan who’s dying to watch episode 10 or get anything new about the show cuz I’m that excited

Ok u cud argue it’s a reminder considering the season finale this week has a lot to do with the outcome of tyrions trial …. But like I said sorry just watched episode 6 tonight again …. Daim I feel like 1 of those angrygotfan people … What has this show done to me … I was a peaceful dude

5. Arthur
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

And there is still no Oberyn T-Shirts or House Martell items at the HBO Shop!

6. Sansa's Knight
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Just watched the episode 9 recap … Now I’m guessing LS is cut which is heartbreaking …. Also the recap is 2 mins the opening credits is 2 mins 30 seconds or something of the sort and the credits at the end are like 2 mins or maybe just a min … My point is together nearly 6 mins so does that mean the episode is 66 mins including this stuff or excluding it

7. phillipLocke
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

d&d love to fuck with us all

8. Ryan
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Sansa's Knight,

Any reference to Lady Stoneheart in the recap would ruin the surprise for Unsullied. Best to keep it tucked away. They won’t see it coming :-).

9. Shock Me Sane
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Most of these lines are so good, they could be published in a best-selling novel, if only! Just being snarky.

Just ran back that scene after reading the script for it. Interesting that they changed Lena’s reaction from smiling/triumphant in the script to annoyed/angry on the show. On paper I like the smiling/triumphant reaction better, but I’m sure they had takes of it done that way and chose the annoyed/angry one instead, probably with good reason. I’m curious about the conversation behind changing it.

10. Ginevra
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

Jaime killed Mad King Aerys and Cersei killed King Robert. Isn’t it deliciously ironic that the only one of Tywin’s children who doesn’t kill a king is the only one that Tywin sentences to death for killing a king?

11. Ashara D
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Very cool indeed!! It’s been said before, but this show is an embarrassment of riches as far as actors, and D&D are lucky to have BCog on board. Love. This. Show.

12. JoffreyTrueKing
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

I’ll just pretend that LS was confirmed cut before going into the episode. For mental health reasons.

13. GeekFurious
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

Sansa’s Knight:

NO ONE FORCED YOU TO READ ANYTHING YOU MASSIVE FUCKIN’ DRAMA QUEEN.

14. Chriss
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

Mm. To be honest, this season has really nailed it for me. I really don’t like Cogman as a writer. That scene with Yara at the Dreadfort must surely be the worst scene in the entire series – not season, series. The whole thing. Just… grim.

It even beats GRRM’s own embarrassing Theon torture-sex scene.

15. Kyrion
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

Thats cool, but I would hate loosing Arianne Martell too much to continue watching this show. Give us Arianne dammit.

16. Michael Anthony Leber
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 12:11 am | Permalink

Shock Me Sane,

Think about it this way: Cersei has been manipulating this trial from the beginning, between pushing Margaery Tyrell to speak to her father (Mace Tyrell) and appealing to Oberyn regarding her daughter, as well as going to Tywin (unsuccessfully) during that Iron Bank scene. And her key manipulation: Acquiring Shae. This was to be her trump card to send Tyrion to his death, but when he demands a trial by combat, it ruins everything she’s planned and leaves it all up to the battle.

Which is what makes her expression of triumph upon Oberyn’s demise so much more powerful. If we’d seen her triumphant just two episodes before, that would have been repetitive.

17. Almost A Knight
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 12:30 am | Permalink

Chriss,

GRRM didn’t write that sex torture Theon scene. He confirmed it in dvd commentary season 3

18. Rhys
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 1:01 am | Permalink

This is awesome! They should release as much of the scripts as they can; it’s fascinating.

19. Tatters
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 1:06 am | Permalink

Chriss,

Actually, D&D wrote all the Theon stuff in season 3.
    Instead Grrm wrote that Sam the slayer scene.
    Its on the commentaries.

20. Chriss
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Tatters:
    Chriss,

Actually, D&D wrote all the Theon stuff in season 3.
    Instead Grrm wrote that Sam the slayer scene.
    Its on the commentaries.

21. Zangbangboom
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 1:59 am | Permalink

Interesting!

I just re-watched the entire scene and clearly Cersei was NOT smiling and not looking triumphant at all! She seemed a bit angry/mad/nervous because Tyrion might be escaping death after all!

22. jentario
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 4:04 am | Permalink

Sansa's Knight,

Yes, but it’s like that in every episode. This will still be the longest GOT episode and it will still be about 10 minutes more than we are used to.

23. Wodja
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 4:07 am | Permalink

blackfish,

By the Old gods and the new I hope she does!

24. Inv1ctus
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 6:45 am | Permalink

Ryan,

So why reference Stannis’s plan to go to the wall? Or showing them Jaqen giving the coinc of Braavos to Arya? Imo they put way too much stuff in recaps and previously on this time.

25. Rygar
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 10:01 am | Permalink

“I was his….horse.”

26. Dame of Mercia
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Sansa's Knight: SEVEN HELLS SOME1 PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP WHERE I HAVE TO TYPE MY NAME AND EMAIL ID EVERYTIME I WANNA POST SOMETHING …

I’ve noticed that as well. It is irritating and I hope the powers that be fix it soon.

27. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Chriss: Oh, really? That makes MUCH more sense, and is actually really good to hear. I mean I think GRRM is credited as the writer of that episode, so I just figured. It actually makes you wonder who writes what and how reliable the credits are. I mean maybe the stuff I blame Cogman for is D&D’s work. Who knows. Either way, what I can say for sure, is I enjoy the writing in some of the Cogman episodes the very least.

Cogman did the best he could with the story arc he was given. D&D created the awful Yara detour. BC and AS did the best they could to make it plausible. Of all the Yara arc theories we discussed in the months leading up to the season, I must say our ideas were better than a 5K league journey for a 20-minute skirmish with many men killed then run-away, tail-between legs, back 5K leagues back to Pyke (and not even a namedrop for Euron and Vic!). The non-dramatic fleeing after so many deaths insulted the ironborn and the Dreadfort folk at once. I can’t even take the show ironborn seriously anymore. Kingsmoot, you say? I say Fools-hoot! I’m so glad to have the images of the flawed-but-resiliant and undaunted ironborn from the books in my head.

28. Hollyoak
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Dame of Mercia: I’ve noticed that as well.It is irritating and I hope the powers that be fix it soon.

Isn’t that a matter of which browser you’re using?

I have to enter my name and email every time I post, too, but I think it’s because when I close my browser it cleans my cache, thereby losing my saved info.

29. Dame of Mercia
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Hollyoak: Isn’t that a matter of which browser you’re using?

I’m using Google Chrome (because Adblockplus doesn’t seem to work with IE Explorer any longer) and I didn’t notice the problem until about two weeks ago.

30. Fat 'n' Balda
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Dame of Mercia,

Actually, even if you comment twice in the same thread without closing the browser, you still jave to re-enter the info. P.I.T.A.

31. Tatters
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

They same ironborn thatgets wacked by Stannis from nowhere…

32. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Tatters:
    They same ironborn thatgets wacked by Stannis from nowhere…

Yeah, that’s the typical viewpoint, which I share as well. Stannis overwhelmed them during the Greyjoy Rebellion, possibly because of superior tactics, but most likely because he had far greater resources at his command. Same goes for Deepwood Motte in ADwD. Still, the ironborn in the books have some credibility at sea, while show ironborn are silly, thus far.

Personally, I think post-Kingsmoot, the ironborn may have a significant advantage along the southwest coast because the Redwyne Navy are located elsewhere. The Shield islands have fallen, Oldtown will probably fall. Vic has done some damage and Euron is swooping in. Are they more than opportunistic pirates? They may surprise folks yet.

33. Tatters
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Lord Hightower will kick their asses, Don Quixote style.
    Otherwise the sea treacherous and full of krakens.