Pedro Pascal takes his revenge, and is looking forward to seeing Dorne in Season 5
By Lightbringer on in Humor, Interview.

We all screamed with Oberyn Martell as The Mountain crushed his skull, along with all of our hopes and dreams. But now that a few weeks have passed, it’s not too soon to have a laugh about it.

Buzzfeed gave Pedro Pascal the chance to exact his revenge and indulge in a little food crushing therapy, which resulted in some hilarious gifs. Pedro does to blueberries, cupcakes, and a tomato what he should have done to The Mountain. But he spares the banana.

Click through to Buzzfeed for all of the gifs, it’s worth it.

On a little more serious note, Vulture caught up with Pedro at the Public Theater Annual Gala this week. Pedro had refused to watch the Season 4 finale of Game of Thrones in a “compromised manner,” so his reaction to the big episode has been a bit delayed. After finally getting the chance to watch it, he says that it was “astonishing.” He shares his favorite scene, and what he is looking forward to in Season 5:

Which parts did you enjoy?
Well, I thought the fight between Brienne and the Hound was, like, the most mind-blowing battle that I have ever seen — and that’s saying a lot coming from me. It was the most visceral … if visceral experiences can be surpassed on a show like that, I feel like it was by the end of the tenth episode. I was just absolutely breathless in excitement. And the amount of events that actually sort of exploded, one after the other, was just astonishing. It’s amazing to kind of see the show outdo itself in a way.

What are you hoping to see next season?
I’m really curious about everyone going to Dorne. I would love to see what happens with my character’s daughters. And I would like to go and see what beautiful things Indira Varma will be doing as Ellaria Sand. You know, in carrying my legacy, hopefully.

1. GeekFurious
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Can two heterosexual men make babies together? I’d like to try.

2. House Mormont
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Pedro is bae

3. Kay
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Pedro! Gone too soon from the GoT screen.

I too want to see Dorne. What Oberyn’s daughters and his paramour will do, his homeland.

4. Wasgoed
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

I would like to see Dorne too.. But damn! Pedro is a cool guy! You can watch a video of oberyn using a lightsaber via my website link, it’s awesome!

5. jentario
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I hope he has a successful future

6. Dwayne Roberts
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

I wanna have his babies too

7. Daemon
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Any words on Isaac Hempstead Wright returning as Bran Stark in season 5?
    I’m worry that he may not in it at all in the next season.

8. jentario
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

Daemon,

Don’t worry. There is enough material in that one chapter if you expand it and add some original scenes to last the season for Bran (he only appeared in 4 episodes of season 4, and I don’t think that he’ll get any more than that next season)- and that’s even without taking into account the possibility of pulling material from TWOW (which they have already done for Sansa in season 4).

There is just no way they’ll forget Bran for a year after the scenes in the season 4 finale. Expect to see a lot of visions, flashbacks and raven warging in season 5. Hopefully D&D will use this arc to set up some prophecies which they’ve neglected so far (they are giving us Maggy the Frog, so why not).

We can’t say for sure just yet, but Bran will very, very likely appear in season 5.

9. Sandor Claws
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

dem guns

10. RandomGoTfan
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Yeah, there’s only one ADWD chapter left for Bran but I think they can successfully adapt it to a small arc.
    And It would be cool to get some prophecies while he is trying to Lear with Bloodraven.BTW, there is still AFFC material left for Sansa. They’re still missing the pasrt where The Eyrie prepares for winter and Littlefinger reveals his plans to her.

11. Atomix
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Daemon:
    Any words on Isaac Hempstead Wright returning as Bran Stark in season 5?
    I’m worry that he may not in it at all in the next season.

I really like the kid, but he should have been recast last season with somebody young enough for Hodor to carry. His voice has changed, he’s manly. They got so lucky with Maisie.

12. Zack
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

I have NO idea what they’re gonna do with Ellaria, but I have to think that they wouldn’t have got an actress as stellar as Indira Varma for a role as small as her S4 scenes. It would be a crime to waste that talent.

So…what will she do….?

13. John M W
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

Are some of you still clinging to the hope that they won’t move past the book for Bran next season? I think the ship has sailed in that regard.

14. Ducky
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Pedro is awesome.

15. Sandor Claws
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Rubén Blades for Doran

16. Sword of the Morning
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 11:30 pm | Permalink

As for what Ellaria is going to do next season: I predict Arianne will be cut and Ellaria will do most of what she does. Indira Varma is lead actress material.

17. Sword of the Morning
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 11:31 pm | Permalink

I’ve done some episode-by-episode “fan planning” of Season 5 here (spoilers, obviously):

18. PJK
    Posted June 29, 2014 at 2:51 am | Permalink

I personally think that all the stuff in books two and three, where Jojen teaches Bran about his powers, will be moved into seasons five and possibly six. Only Bran will be taught by the Three Eyes Raven instead of Jojen.

That is probably the reason they killed Jojen now.

Remember that even in the books Jojen keeps telling everybody that he has seen the moment that he will die.

I suppose that George has told D&D that Jojen wouldn’t make it far beyond this point and wouldn’t have a significant impact on the story. By killing Jojen now they save another spot in the acting roster for the next few seasons.

19. Daenerys Naharis
    Posted June 29, 2014 at 3:12 am | Permalink

I feel it’s a waste of talent to have Pedro in just one season, but he did a superb job in setting up the foundation as to what we can expect for Dorne. Here’s my tiny little guess as to what they’ll do:

It’s been confirmed that Jaime will be in Dorne, right? I get the feeling that he’ll get seduced by Princess Arianne, and they’ll cut Arys Oakheart… which is really sad because I was pretty sure we’ll have Arys next season, since there was a Kingsguard sitting behind Myrcella when she was sent off to Dorne.

20. Isabelle
    Posted June 29, 2014 at 3:39 am | Permalink

Sighs. How can the man be so sexy and so adorable all at once?

Love that he gave a shout out to Indira. Dorne’s going to be such a treat.

21. Daemon
    Posted June 29, 2014 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Atomix,

I don’t think they should recast him just because he’s growing up naturally.
    You can’t possibly find a child actor his age that doesn’t change over time.
    He’s perfect as Bran, it’d be a weird to see another person playing him.

22. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 29, 2014 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Why do people care that the child actors are growing up? In the show, more time has passed, that’s all. For me, it makes it easier to suspend disbelief. So much happens that it is unbelievable to imagine that it happens in a matter of months rather than years.

23. StarkofWinterfell
    Posted June 29, 2014 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Completely off topic, but I’ve just remembered a scene from season 4 where Jorah’s discussing the goings on in King’s Landing with Daenaerys and he refers to Tommen as a “Bastard born of incest with no true claim to the throne.”

Isn’t this is a bit weird since Daenaerys herself was born of incest?

24. EverydayI'mHodoring
    Posted June 29, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

“And I’ve learned that platonic love can exist between two grown men.” (Wayne’s World, 1992)

25. TorbofThrones
    Posted June 29, 2014 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

StarkofWinterfell,

No, because the Targaryens were married, Jaime and Cersei were not. If he had left out the claim part, I’d agree it would be insulting. Also even if they were not married, Tommen has no connection to Robert, while Daenerys has a connection to Aerys.

26. vlad
    Posted June 30, 2014 at 4:38 am | Permalink

Sure, sure, Elaria and the Sand Snakes are cool, but give me Arianne!!!

27. ATG
    Posted June 30, 2014 at 7:45 am | Permalink

“He is a prince of Dorne. Girls and boys will line up to fuck him till the day he dies.”

Im pretty sure the same can be said about Pedro Pascal.

28. Kay
    Posted June 30, 2014 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

StarkofWinterfell:

Isn’t this is a bit weird since Daenaerys herself was born of incest?

Daenerys’ biological father was King, Tommen’s biological father was not.
    Tommen is a bastard, Daenerys is not.
    Daenerys’ parents’ incest was public and accepted according to Westeros customs. Tommen’s parents’ incest is secret and would be a crime against the former King.