Maisie Williams chats Arya Stark and Game of Thrones on Huffington Post Live
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

Maisie Williams was a guest on Huffington Post Live yesterday to talk about her new film Heatstroke, and of course, Game of Thrones. Maisie had nearly lost her voice from back to back weekends spent at music festivals, but was in good spirits as she chatted live via Skype.

Maisie begins the interview discussing her new film, working with hyenas, and having the opportunity to film in South Africa after getting her start on Game of Thrones.

Around the 6 minute mark talk turns to Thrones, and Maisie answers a number of questions from fans, including who else she would like to play on Game of Thrones, and how she feels about the spoiler culture surrounding the series. She also discusses Arya’s development throughout the season, the decision she made in the finale, playing a badass, and much more. Watch the entire interview below!

Maisie also spoke with Zap2It about her new film, and compares working on the smaller production to working on Game of Thrones.

How does working on a film like “Heatstroke” compare to television like “Game of Thrones”?
It was completely different. The vibe on set was completely different. The crew was a lot smaller, and I knew everyone personally and by name. It was just a lot more intimate, I guess. Which was really, really wonderful. It was so nice to have met everyone who worked on the film. On “Game of Thrones,” there’s so many names that come up on the screen who I’ve never met and never spoken to. It’s kind of a shame that we’re all in this TV series but we’ve never spoken to each other. But on this, it’s quite nice to have that connection with everyone.

And on the subject of that music festival that she lost her voice at, Maisie took in the British Summer Time festival in Hyde Park with her friend and co-star Sophie Turner over the weekend.

1. dunk the lunk thick as castle wall
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

bra??? you’re boy!!!

2. Walter Harrow
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

I watched Heatstroke earlier today and it wasnt bad. The writing wasnt great at times and some of the acting was a bit amatuer but i thought Maisie did a great job (her accent wasnt the best but she still deserves credit) .She was only 13/14 when she filmed it but she was still probably the best actor in the film

I really hope she starts getting bigger/better roles in films with better writing and stronger actors to work with

3. Bobby
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

I am the only one who thinks she sounds a bit like Rose Leslie here?

4. Grijnwaald
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Bobby,

Yeah I thought that too

5. Greenjones
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Bobby,

A little posh-sounding, eh?

EDIT: Ah you meant raspy. I’d thought she sounded posh in a previous video interview.

6. J
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

Her accent has definitely changed. It seems like she’s met with a dialect coach to sound more posh, because she didn’t sound like that before. I don’t think she’s from a posh background, so that’s why.

7. Me
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

OMG!
    I directly went to 6 min, her voice is completely destroyed! x)

8. Valaquen
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Urgh, never heard this one before.

9. Kells
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Oh my that voice! I remember those days. To be 17, again.
    She really is a down to earth girl. Incredibly talented.

10. kingjon
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

I hope she gets her voice back, but fortunately this was on the Huffington Post so only we have seen it plus maybe 5 others. Most actresses would cancel in that condition, but Maisie was like ‘fuck it’ no ones watches this shit.

11. kingjon
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

Huff Post? Bad voice?
    Maisie: Whatever. It’s not like it’s relevant.

12. Sugar Ray Belwas
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

LMAO somebody had fun at Glastonbury.

13. Sansa Bird
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

Glasto looked like a lot of fun! It was cool Maisie and Sophie got to meet up, a lot of the Starks were there!

Too bad Maisie couldn’t find the group, but Sophie found the lovely Richard Madden and this picture is legend.

We have Jenna Coleman, Richard, Sophie, and Matt Smith. What a group!

14. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted July 8, 2014 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Such a wonderful girl! A really nice, genuine and generous person. Her family raised her well!

15. All Hail the Wolf Girl
    Posted July 9, 2014 at 3:52 am | Permalink

She definitely had a more hints of Somerset in her voice in interviews from 2/3 years ago and it still comes out just occasionally.

She’s certainly becoming a lovely young woman and has a great personality but I too can’t see her as playing a romantic lead somehow! There are a lot more opportunities these days anyway for sparky and independent female characters so I don’t think she’ll be short of offers for parts.

16. otia dant vitia
    Posted July 9, 2014 at 4:15 am | Permalink

With regards to not meeting up with Richard et al, Maisie was being quite diplomatic: they were installed in the VIP areas whilst she was hanging with her mates in the public areas – she declined to take up a hospitality pass.

17. Dame of Mercia
    Posted July 9, 2014 at 7:31 am | Permalink

Hope Maisie’r voice recovers quickly (as she’s an actress and it’s one of the tools of her trade). All Hail the Wolf Girl is correct in that there are more roles for spunky female characters these days. (I liked Hayley Mills back in her “child actress” days; she was in a lot of Disney films though I don’t think she ever quite mastered the American accent but I did think Pollyanna was just that little bit too much of a goody-goody – and I’m a person who doesn’t mind having at least one good character to root for. Hayley was good in her first film where she had a cockney accent in a film called “Tiger Bay”). But I digress. I don’t think anti-heroines ever went entirely out of fashion. I don’t know about American TV but we had “Tracey Beaker” on British children’s TV and though Tracey has now grown up there are still some feisty youngsters, both male and female in the successor series “The Dumping Ground”. A lot of the British kids’ comics I grew up with are no longer published but even those of us who were “good” girls in real life liked “Beryl the Peril” and “Minnie the Minx” and in Enid Blyton’s “Famous Five” books (somewhat dated now) Georgina always wanted to be known as George and dressed as a boy. There was another British kids’ series some years ago “Maid Marion and her Merry Men” where Robin Hood always made a hash of things and Marion had to sort things out. It’s true though that as recently as 20 years ago there were TV programmes where if a married couple were being cast, the man would not always have what used to be called “matinee idol” good looks but the woman would usually be good-looking. There’s a blog I sometimes read “Confessions of a Ci-Devant” which had a post about the return of the anti-heroine a few months ago.

18. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted July 9, 2014 at 11:28 am | Permalink

J:
    Greenjones,

She’s spent, what, 4-5 years away from home now? People’s accents can change a bit when they are abroad and around people with varying accents and in international settings where people have difficulty understanding local English accents and dialects, such as Maise’s wonderful Somerset sound. It happens, and it usually happens as a way of communicating better to a broader audience. Let’s not start giving Maisie grief on this!

19. Dame of Mercia
    Posted July 9, 2014 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Dame of Mercia,

Just spotted a typo in my earlier post “Maisie’r” which should have been “Maisie’s”. When I write something to print out rather than type it straight into cyber-space I try to get someone else to do the proof-reading.

20. Jack
    Posted July 9, 2014 at 11:52 pm | Permalink

otia dant vitia,

Sophie’s mate is in the picture with Richard and everyone else. Clearly, she was able to get her friends passes.