HBO confirms official line-up for Game of Thrones panel at San Diego Comic-Con
By Lightbringer on in Events, News.

HBO has announced the official list of attendees for this year’s Game of Thrones Panel at San Diego Comic-Con! The list confirms what we saw on Friday’s official schedule, but comes with the welcome additions of cast member John Bradley, and Craig Ferguson as the official moderator.

The cast will also be signing autographs on Friday at the WB booth at 3:30pm.

Full details below:

The GAME OF THRONES panel in Hall H at 1:40 p.m. will be moderated by Craig Ferguson. The panel will include: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, executive producers, writers and showrunners of GAME OF THRONES, and George R.R. Martin, co-executive producer and author of the bestselling fantasy book series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” on which the HBO drama is based. Cast members scheduled to attend (in alphabetical order): John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Rose Leslie (Ygritte), Rory McCann (Sandor “The Hound” Clegane), Pedro Pascal (Oberyn Martell), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark). Autograph signing is at the WB booth at 3:30 p.m.

1. jentario
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Suck on my tooth!

2. Sansa Bird
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

Oh my god Craig Ferguson? That will be hilarious!

3. Sid
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

No Sibel Kekilli? I was really looking for horse.

4. jentario
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Sid,

Go to Burger King

5. Faceless
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

I am looking forward to watching this! Sadly I couldn’t possibly get on location, but it’s a great experience even on video.

6. Arkash
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Craig Ferguson will be an awesome moderator !

7. Shalashaska
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

GRRM will be there. I hope they will announce new characters and cast for the next season.

Also funny enough Isaac Hempstead-Wright is invited for to SDCC for The Boxtrolls but not for Game of Thrones, a show he’s been in as a main character for 4 years?
    I wonder how he feels about that.

8. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Funny, I was thinking the only thing that could have made the panel selection better was John Bradley (whom the moderator last year mostly ignored). Ha, this is good news, and I love Craig Ferguson. He’s good at managing people and staying fun.

9. jentario
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Shalashaska,

There is probably a reason behind it. Maybe he has to be somewhere at that time.

10. mariamb
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Happy to see that John Bradley has been added. He is smart, clever and quick. With Craig Ferguson as the moderator, this could be a great panel.

11. ChristineMarie
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

I just wish they had more than an hour. With 13 people on the panel there won’t be a lot of time for any of them to say much.

12. lol
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    Shalashaska,

It’d be irresponsible not to speculate. This is probably a pretty big sign that Isaac has lost faith in D&D thanks to all the changes they’ve made to his storyline in the books. It’s almost certain that we’ll find out he’s been recast for his insolence at ComicCon.

13. Randi Shamsabadi Howard
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Bummed a smidge for no Heady, but this panel looks like too much fun anyway.

14. Darkgreenblue
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Randi Shamsabadi Howard,

It’s a convention in California, so I’m sure there’s a place you can find headies. Also handies.

15. JamesL
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Craig Ferguson? Has he even watched the show? Every time a cast member has been on his show he has said he hasn’t. Even if he has managed to marathon the show recently I doubt he knows enough about it to be a good moderator.

16. Sheriff Bullock
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Can’t we just get Rob McElhenney? he’s the only person to do a good job hosting a GOT panel.

17. dave
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

It’s going to be disappointing. You’re all greatly overrating what you think Craig Ferguson will do as moderator. He is an AMAZINGLY talented man, but this is not going to go well in my opinion. His interview style is great for the TV show but is not going to come off well in a setting like this. I’d be willing to guarantee very few questions are asked for the entire portion of this event and instead it’s mostly jokes, most of which are about the actor/actress real life and nothing to do with the show.

In fact it’s not clear he’s ever even watched the program. He’s hinted that he has, but then he’s also hinted that he hasn’t.

18. Bran The Builder
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Sansa Bird:
    Oh my god Craig Ferguson? That will be hilarious!

I agree with you on this… It’ll be awesome!

19. Ashara D
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

I LOVE Craig Ferguson!! Can’t wait to see this!

20. Kells
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

Listening to Rory is delicious. Listening to both Rory and Craig? Oh my shit. That is too much sex-voice for one panel.
    Nice thing about Ferguson is he’s quick. Don’t know about the questioning but his retorts should be pretty solid.

21. Shalashaska
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

lol,

I guess they just don’t consider him to be a main cast so he never get invited. It’s a bit of shame cause he’s always great and funny in interviews, would be great to hear his thoughts about Bran’s storyline.

22. Alfador
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

Craig Ferguson rocks! I’m now fully stoked for this panel discussion.

I wonder if he’ll bring Geoff and Secretariat :-O

23. Lan the Lover
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Oh god, I saw this post earlier but did not notice it said Ferguson was moderating! I kinda wished I hadn’t, so that I would have been completely caught off guard by his presence when I saw video of the panel. Still, really excited.

24. RandomGoTfan
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

What? No Emilia and no Lena, guess I won’t be watching the panel. Not even Isaac is going to appear and he’s always great in interviews.

25. King Stannis
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

Shalashaska:
    lol,

You actually believed what LOL said? Umm… lol

I have a more realistic perspective, maybe he’s committed on something else and couldn’t attend the GoT panel. It happens.

26. Beth
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

Would love to be there, would love even more to see Rory. Hope to see lots of interviews and videos of the panel.

27. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

RandomGoTfan,

No offense to Emilia, but she’s not very interesting or entertaining at these sorts of things. I think most of the great personalities from the show are on the panel.

28. Chloe
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Shalashaska:

Also funny enough Isaac Hempstead-Wright is invited for to SDCC for The Boxtrolls but not for Game of Thrones, a show he’s been in as a main characterfor 4 years?
    I wonder how he feels about that.

This is so weird. His Boxtrolls panel will be Saturday, and GoT, Friday. He could be present.

29. SkyWrathMage
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

Chloe,

Shalashaska,

I’ve watched interviews of Isaac before, and he’s awesome and witty. Such a shame it seems David & Dan doesn’t seem to recognize Isaac as a main character. They messed up Bran’s story arc pretty badly. Shame.

30. Omar Brown
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

Anything will beat that time GRRM moderated…..god that was awkward.

31. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 12:50 am | Permalink

SkyWrathMage,

This has nothing to do with D&D. They don’t select the panels. And you can blame George for not recognizing Bran as a main character, judging by the few POV chapters he has had in the last 3 books.

32. Amelia
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 5:50 am | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

GRRM definitely considers Bran as a main character, from the fact that Bran was the first pov in the series and he was originally planned as the only POV.
    But he has said that Bran’s the most difficult storyline to write because of his age and the magical elements. And he’s in the situation that he can’t progress the story before the other characters catch up with him.

33. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 6:31 am | Permalink

The complete London Film & Comic-Con panel’s just been uploaded. A big thank you to Flicks and the City.

34. Dame of Mercia
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 7:15 am | Permalink

Valyrian Plastic:

Oh thanks VP. These are usually good fun.

35. the other guy
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 7:21 am | Permalink

Hope someone asks them about LS, just to see their reaction. I’m almost hoping they confirm she’s cut, so that I can stop watching without a second thought. No interest watching a fanfic next year.

36. Dame of Mercia
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 8:19 am | Permalink

the other guy:

Well somebody asked who they’d like to see resurrected and one person said the person who becomes LS in the books . Sibel said she’d like to see the whole Stark family re-animated, but no, nobody gave anything away about LS one way or the other. Sorry you feel so negatively about the show. You must do what seems right for you but unless something happens to me between now and next April I will carry on watching. There are some changes from book to show I don’t mind …. some I was not too keen on, but I do want to know how the story ends.

37. lost northern
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 10:39 am | Permalink

OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!! Craig Ferguson is f***ing hilarious and game of thrones itself is just so amazing… best panel evvvvvaaaaaaar!!!

38. Joe
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Chloe,

I was thinking this. Poor Isaac, he could’ve easily been in it. Maybe he does have something else, like Boxtrolls press junkets or something, but if he is available, and wasn’t put on the panel, then that’s just silly. It’s like how he was in LA for the Emmy panel last year but wasn’t put on stage.

39. Sandor Claws
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 11:27 am | Permalink

This is crazy hilarious. He better know his shit. I could do without Rose. I’m only interested in what she’ll wear.

40. Aminta
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 2:22 am | Permalink

Ugh no Alfie again

41. Gareth Raymour Harding
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

strange they’ve got cast members who aren’t in it anymore,probably also a hype up for s4 dvd release later in the year i guess Emilia is busy terminating to do it

1. […] of Thrones will be out in full force at San Diego Comic-Con next week. Not only will the panel return to Hall H, HBO’s pop up store will make it’s Comic-Con debut, and a number of booths will have […]

2. […] of Thrones will be out in full force at San Diego Comic-Con next week. Not only will the panel return to Hall H, HBO’s pop up store will make it’s Comic-Con debut, and a number of booths will have […]