Full video of the Game of Thrones panel at London Film and Comic Con
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

A number of cast members were guests at London Film & Comic Con this weekend, and Flicks And The City has shared a full video of the Game of Thrones panel. Gethin Anthony, Finn Jones, Kristian Nairn, Ellie Kendrick, Sibel Kekilli, and Ian Beattie had a good time talking about their work on Thrones, and answering plenty of hypothetical fan questions. And in case you missed it yesterday, Finn Jones closes the panel by sending Joffrey’s piñata head flying in one sweeping slice.

Talking points:

• Who has been their favorite person to work with
  • If they could pick one character to sit on the throne, who would it be
  • What they found particularly appealing about their character’s strength
  • What their dream ‘geeky’ role would be
  • Who misbehaves the most on set
  • Thoughts on special Game of Thrones episodes, like Christmas or musical
  • If they could play a character of the opposite sex, who would it be
  • For those who have died, were they told of their fate during the audition
  • If they could revive any character, who would it be
  • Which House of family would they join personally
  • Is there anything about the history of Westeros they’d like to know more about
  • Their thoughts on a Hodor spin-off series

1. All Hail the Wolf Girl
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Renly!

2. jentario
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Someone should ask this question at comic con:
    Who from the show would you like your character to have sex with?

3. Sansa Bird
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Sophie was asked that question once in an interview actually… I imagine it would be wholly uncomfortable at a panel lol especially with everyone sitting next to you.

4. jentario
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Sansa Bird,

Not “who do you think is hot?” but “who would you like your character to fuck?”. As in, Sam’s actor will have to say Gilly even though Dany is super hot.

5. Bui Huu Duyet
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Taryn Mant!

Also, love to see Renloras reunited.

6. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

It was funny getting Finn’s reaction to bashing open Joffrey and finding no sweets. Good thing really; if a Joffrey pinata had any kind of sweets inside they would be the ones everyone dreads getting. (And they would vary from person to person like Shade of the Evening.)

7. All Hail the Wolf Girl
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

Question for Iain Beattie “How many Meryn Trants does it take to beat any boy whore with a sword?”

8. Sid
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Finally some horse.

9. jentario
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Sid,

She was a loyal horse. Respect.

10. Turncloak
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

When are they going to announce Hodor’s expanded role as The Prince That Was Promised? BORN AMIDST SALT AND SMOKE!

11. direkrikit
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

What’s with the style of this site turning to crap?? I had to close out two pop-ups and then find whatever ad starting blaring audio.

I know it is the “down-season” for GoT, but I may have to look elsewhere for the TV news of my favorite series. >:(

12. Grynthaline
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Hahaha one of the comments in the video:

“Finn Jones is always high as fuck. I guess that’s what Highgarden does to you.”

13. Arkash
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I’m glad Ian Beattie’s there and hope to see more Meryn Trant next season, but they started building him up a lot more this season, between the Arya / Hound dialogue and his testimony at the trial so it’s good signs for him !
    He’s the only other face of the KG after all !

14. Jambo
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

direkrikit:
    What’s with the style of this site turning to crap??I had to close out two pop-ups and then find whatever ad starting blaring audio.

I know it is the “down-season” for GoT, but I may have to look elsewhere for the TV news of my favorite series.>:(

Just install Adblock.

15. Sansa Bird
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

jentario,

No the question was “who would you want your character to lose her virginity to?” Or something… Awkward. Yeah I think Sophie said Loras? I can’t remember…

16. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

Sansa Bird:
    jentario,

Fucking classless, whoever asked. Sophie, until this year, was a minor. And even if not, it shows a serious lack of judgment characteristic of this generation’s extended adolescence.

17. Hugo Viegas
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Sansa Bird,

Can you find that interview? I’m curious now about her answer lol

18. Vyrion
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Urgh, how irritating is Finn Jones? Is he high? So hyper and mouthy, and annoying.

19. ATG
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

For one reason or another I always tend to miss the summer London Film and Comic Con :(

20. Chloe
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Ellie looks so tiny.

21. Tatters
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos,

I thought adolecense was getting shorter or what.

22. Annara Snow
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

Sansa Bird:
    jentario,

She didn’t say she wanted that, she said she didn’t know and that Sansa would probably pick Loras, but he’s gay so it wouldn’t be very pleasant to him.

23. ash
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Why do they ask such lame questions? I could think of several things I’d want to know, for example what they think motivates their characters, or about the development of their characters, or how their character reacts to others… Questions that are thoughtful and meaningful. Unless this wasn’t one of those kind of panels…

24. wth people? read the books
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

/facepalm @ Ellie Kendrick(Meera Reed)’s answer to…
    Q: “Is there anything about the history of Westeros they’d like to know more about”

A: “The guy in the tree that has been there for hundreds of years.”

Try more like ~60 years.

25. jentario
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos,

Asking that to a young actress is odd, I agree. Especially if they used the word virginity. Ugh.

26. Ser Pounce
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

wth people? read the books,

No one cares about your book knowledge LOL

27. meh
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 1:40 am | Permalink

Ser Pounce:
    wth people? read the books,

No one cares about your book knowledge LOL

I dont care if no one cares. I do wish people closer to the production cared about research is all.

28. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

I was the one who asked the question about whether there was anything in the history of Westeros they wanted to know more about. Damn I sound strange outside my own head.

29. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

Bui Huu Duyet:
    Taryn Mant!

Also, love to see Renloras reunited.

This was the sunday panel. The saturday panel also had Will Tudor who plays Olyvar which made it even more fun since he was a someone Loras slept with after Renly died which made for a gay love triangle. When you add in Kristian Nairn it was a really gay panel come to thing of it. It was only balanced out by Daniel Portman who plays the sexgod Podrick Payne.

30. Jessica
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Valyrian Plastic:

Actually there were some chocolate coins in it and Finn Jones handed them to the audience…I got also one :-).

Was a really great panel…

31. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Jessica,

Hope they were golden dragons then, mmmmmmmmmmmmm :p.

It looks like they cut quite a bit out in places, so how long did it go on for?

32. Jessica
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

It looks like they cut quite a bit out in places, so how long did it go on for?

Not that long, I guess 40 minutes.

Unfortunately, the accoustic was really horrible. The actors and the audience questions were really difficult to understand, especially if English is not your native language (I am German), but even native speakers had problems to understand it.

33. Ingemar Svensson
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Jessica: Not that long, I guess 40 minutes.

Ya, this was unfortunately the case for a lot of the talks. Luckily Stan Lee came across loud and clear during his talk on Sunday.

34. Deutsch
    Posted July 17, 2014 at 12:06 am | Permalink

Jessica: Not that long, I guess 40 minutes.

Yeah I figured that was Sibel Kekilli(Shea)’s issue also (as can be seen in the video) being that she is German as well.