Rose Leslie says goodbye to Ygritte, lands new action film role
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

The Hollywood Reporter broke the news this weekend that Rose Leslie has landed one of the lead roles in Summit Entertainment’s upcoming supernatural action film, The Last Witch Hunter. Rose will be going from wildling to witch in the new project, and will play love interest to the film’s lead witch hunter, Vin Diesel.

Very exciting news for Rose, but she won’t be getting away from Game of Thrones quite yet. As we reported yesterday, she’ll be joining the cast later this month at San Diego Comic Con.

She also spoke about her time as Ygritte in a new interview with Radio Times. Rose reveals what she’ll miss about playing the fierce wildling, the best fan delivery of ‘you know nothing’ she’s ever received, and how she celebrated her last scene on Game of Thrones.

You’ve just finished playing Ygritte in Game of Thrones. Was it a relief to take off the pelts?

It was very nice to have styled hair, not just greased up and tied back. But I’ll always miss the furs and the bow and arrow.

Do you get people coming up to you saying your catchphrase, “You know nothing, Jon Snow”?

I do, it’s just an expression of how loved Game of Thrones is. I was having lunch with a girlfriend in London about a year ago and I was debating what I wanted on the menu. The waitress came up and I said, “I just don’t know.” She came out with “You know nothing” – deadpan. Her timing was perfect.

Did you watch your last scenes in Game of Thrones?

Yes. I watched it with a girlfriend and we decided to celebrate. So we had ice cream and champagne.

For the full interview visit Radio Times.

1. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Young Milner!

2. Dame of Mercia
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Nothing against Vin Diesel, he’s a good actor, but it seems even in the twenty-first century it is okay for the leading man not to have “matinee idol” good looks, but the lady playing against him is expected to be more conventionally attractive. It’s a while since I read ACOK but I think book Ygritte was a bit rougher looking than Rose Leslie? I did like her portrayal of the character. “You know nothing” did pall a little after a while, but that’s not Rose Leslie’s fault and I think book Ygritte said it quite often too.

3. Arkash
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Well, get get at least ten times more “YKNJS” in the books than in the show ! ^^

4. monsieurxander
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Dame of Mercia,

You have a point about the industry as a whole, but IMO not in this case. Vin Diesel exudes a certain type of charisma and sex appeal.

5. Turncloak
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 9:01 am | Permalink

Arkash:

6. smitzzz
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 9:34 am | Permalink

She was fantastic as Milner in Utopia series 2 opener last night .

7. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 9:46 am | Permalink

smitzzz,

Completely, they made the right choice casting her. The similarities to Geraldine James are really striking, and it’s nice to hear her real accent on TV for a change as well. Still hoping HBO won’t do a botch job of the remake, especially if they extend the run to 8 or even 10 episodes.

8. Patchy Face
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Nice article for Rose – However, looks like we will not be getting much real news until SDCC next week.

9. ArgonathofBraavod
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 11:20 am | Permalink

monsieurxander:
    Dame of Mercia,

Blech.

10. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Imposter. ArgonathofBraavoD, you will face my fury!

Sorry, I meant to say “blech” to the idea of Vin Diesel as charismatic (or sexy). But there’s no accounting for taste, of course!

11. Rygar
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Hi Rose, have yew evah fooked ah bah?

12. smitzzz
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Valyrian Plastic:
    smitzzz,

HBO are remaking Utopia? O_o I really hope they do a good job but I get the feeling the US version will lose something , prolly still watch it mind xD

13. BlackTalon
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Turncloak: “YKNJS, words are wind, if I look back I am lost, useless like nipples on a breast plate, where do whores go, I’m looking for a fair maid with red hair”. These are the ones that are repeated most often if memory serves me right :)

Let’s not forget “fucking Osmund Kettleblack and Moonboy” … the “fearsomely strong cider” in AFFC was strangely annoying too because I could never figure out what GRRM intended by it … was it supposed to be some running joke? an oversight because of his rewrites? No idea.

14. Arya Dunyett
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos

THIS

Good for Rose getting starring roles. Unfortunate for Rose getting leading men long past their shelf date and never attractive.

15. Chris
    Posted July 15, 2014 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

Action movie?
    Well, after “Thrones” I can totally see that.
    Actually, when I think of Rose in an “action” type role I instantly think of something like “Haywire.”
    Yeah.
    To bad she’ll be paired with a hideous troll.
    But I’m sure she’ll do wonders.

16. Raquel Dodd
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 2:04 am | Permalink

To bad she’ll be paired with a hideous troll.

If you don’t like Vin Diesl, that’s fine, but there’s no call to be rude! I happen to think he’s very sexy, but that’s just my opinion. I hope the movie is very popular and leads Rose to bigger parts.