Cast Roundup: Game of Thrones chats, and movie trailers
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

It’s Sunday, and time for a roundup. Here are a few small Game of Thrones related pieces from this past week.

Red Carpet News TV caught up with David Bradley this week at the opening night of Brasil Brasileiro in London, and took the opportunity to ask quite a few Game of Thrones related questions. David reacts to the recent batch of Emmy Nominations, recalls his favorite Walder Frey moment, and jokes that if he does come back to the show he’s looking forward to inflicting some more damage.

Isaac Hempstead-Wright attended the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Sports Awards this weekend, and as he walked the orange carpet he stopped to talk with AfterBuzz TV to answer some quick questions about Game of Thrones. Isaac comments on the ever growing fan base, admits that he reads Wikis to find out what’s to come for his character, and jokes that it would be nice if production move to LA.

Michiel Huisman is featured in a fashion spread in the latest issue of Glamour. The magazine has released a quick Q&A with the actor, where he comments on getting to work with some amazing women, physically preparing for the role of Daario, and dropping his trousers.

Glamour: You’ve costarred with some amazing women we at Glamour love: Emilia Clarke, Connie Britton, Tatiana Maslany. And you’re in upcoming movies with Reese Witherspoon and Blake Lively….
MH: I agree—they’re in the position they’re in rightfully. They’ve proven it. They’re all very talented and committed to their careers. They’re rock-solid, and they all have amazing hair.

Glamour: Did you have to up your workout game to play the warrior Daario [Daenerys’ love interest] on Game of Thrones?
MH: I had to bulk up! I worked out five days a week for an hour and a half. There were certain things I’d do before a shirtless scene, but I can’t tell you about them—it’s embarrassing.

Glamour: OK, fine, but I’m just going to say it: Seeing your bare bum on Game of Thrones was all the talk in the office for days….
MH: That was actually one of the first scenes I read, and I thought that it was going to be fun.

Glamour: What did your wife think about it?
MH: She said that I had a great ass. But she already knew that.

If you’re interested in checking out some of the casts’ other projects, both Maisie Williams and Hannah Murray will appear in films that debuted trailers this week.

Maisie will appear in Gold as the teenage daughter of a man who is on a mission to re-connect with his family after 12 years.

Hannah will appear in God Help The Girl, a musical about a group of friends who are “low on self-esteem but high on fantasy” and decide to form a pop group.

1. Dolorous Ned
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Heh.

2. Almost A Knight
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 9:26 am | Permalink

No.. Daario has a wife? That’s bummer. :p The ass comment is pretty funny.

3. Walter Harrow
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 9:58 am | Permalink

GOLD looks like it will be a pretty good film and Maisie looks brilliant in it (great to see her in films with a good cast)

4. Turncloak
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Hmm it’s late and we still haven’t received official casting news. If we don’t get anything at comic con We might have to wait till mid august

5. Abyss
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 10:16 am | Permalink

Turncloak,

I think it’s almost certain that will get something at comic con. What reason would there be to delay the casting announcements?

6. Eos
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 11:09 am | Permalink

The David Bradley interview was so sweet! He’s quite a gentleman, really polite and pleasant which made me stare a bit. I mean, theoretically I can distinguish between an actor and a role, but I still kinda expected him to be kinda nasty. Couldn’t have been more wrong, apparently.

7. Eddard Stark II
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Eos,

Don’t let him fool you!

8. Sansa Bird
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 11:32 am | Permalink

Gold looks like my kind of humor, I bet I’ll love it! It’s been getting really positive reviews so far, we’ll see!

(Any Bastille fans on WiC? Side note, but Sophie will appear in their “Oblivion” music video tomorrow!)

9. Jaqen is Q
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Sansa Bird,

I love the song ‘Pompeii’, but that’s all I’ve heard from them.

10. Hexonx
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Walter Harrow:

What? Stephen Dorff isn’t good cast? :S

11. Sansa Bird
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Jaqen is Q,

“Oblivion” is their saddest song, but it’s really pretty. Sophie does sad really well, so it should be great! They shot it at a demolition derby and I’m excited to see how it looks.

12. Darquemode
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Hexonx,

Oh come on!
    I think there was a good two month period back in 1994 when Stephen Dorff was considered a boon to any cast! XD

13. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

It is late to have gotten no casting news. I just looked through the archives. The bulk of the casting news did happen in September in last year but we learned that Pedro Pascal was cast on June 28th and Mark Gatiss on July 17th.

I too hope that we get a Comic Con announcement similar to the season 3 casting video.

14. ash
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

It took me five minutes to get out from under all the garbage ads and popups that apparently are able to get through my computer on this #$!@ site in order to read this article. Not sure it was worth it. I understand that Fanside has to make money with advertising, but all its making is a lot of fans angry. Please powers that be, find a way to tone these down!

15. Cassey
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

I’m always surprised how different Isaac is outside of the show.
    Very enthusiastic.

16. Hexonx
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Darquemode:
    Hexonx,

Oh come on!

Yeah? So Fucking What? ;D

17. MarkM
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

ash:
    It took me five minutes to get out from under all the garbage ads and popups that apparently are able to get through my computer on this #$!@ site in order to read this article. Not sure it was worth it.I understand that Fanside has to make money with advertising, but all its making is a lot of fans angry. Please powers that be, find a way to tone these down!

You might have some type of malware on your computer. I get no popups or
    significant ads pileup

18. Joh
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

ash,

uhhhh, yeah, dude, you’ve got some malware.

Most of us get no ads on this site.

Also, I love David Bradley. I was really glad to see him cast in “The Strain”, which is is Guillermo Del Toro’s new TV series that just launched.

He is good at playing villains, and I do hope that Walder Frey makes a few more appearances.

19. Arkash
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

ash:

Adblock bro !

20. TOIVA
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Oh, David Bradley is even better than I imagined. Hope he gets a lot to do yet on the show.

21. Dame of Mercia
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 5:35 am | Permalink

Arkash,

Actually Arkash and Ash, the free version of Adblock doesn’t work on my computer anymore with Internet Explorer – though it still works with Chrome.
    Now in the unlikely event that somebody from FANSIDED reads this – if you aren’t going stop the silly pop-up votes, could you put another choice, namely “I neither know nor care”. In the past WIC.net has brought its followers some interesting nuggets of information and I’m loathe to leave the site, but if FANSIDED (excluding the originators of the site) continue to treat people with contempt people could get fed up. Hannah Murray looks softer as a blonde but I guess they make her look rough to be a wildling….

22. Isabelle
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 8:08 am | Permalink

That song from the God Help The Girl trailer is ridiculously catchy!

23. Geigar
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 8:11 am | Permalink

ash,

i dont even know what you’re seeing because I use Adblock

Unless youre on a mobile device, then yes, ads suck

24. Dave
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Geigar,

If you’re on android you can use adaway.

25. wolfdog
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 12:23 am | Permalink

God Help that Girl looks like something I’m into, reminds me of Moonrise Kingdom.

26. All Hail the Wolf Girl
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 3:50 am | Permalink

Maisie says she still hasn’t seen any season 5 scripts

Maisie, 17, said: “Everything is topsecret. There was a rumour we would get the scripts last week but we didn’t.

“We usually get them for two or three episodes at a time, so I always flick through them straight away.

“We’ve done well so far as nothing has ever been massively leaked.

“Your scripts are your responsibility though, so it’s quite scary. You treat them like gold.”

27. Jeken
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 7:54 am | Permalink

If they ever make a Farseer/Tawney Man Trilogy movie, David Bradley needs to play Chade.. His is the face I picture whenever Chade is mentioned in the books, and that Walder Frey voice would work for him as well as Chade..