Game of Owns: Peek and Seek
By WiC Staff on in Podcast.

Episode 231 – Peek and Seek

iTunes | Download | RSS

Continuing travels through A Storm of Swords, GOO returns to greet, for the first time ever, point of view character Jaime Lannister and his merry friends.

Discussion Topics

Meeting Jaime, again
The third oar
War times
They lay with Lions
The chase
The faceoff
Teamwork
Owns of the Chapter

1. Dwayne Roberts
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 7:04 pm | Permalink

Goo I love u guys but fan sided has ruined this site … Migrating to the new site the fantastic 4 is coming up with soon … Hope to see Ull there …still can’t believe they wud just be fired that way …. #fuckfansided

2. Captain Victarion Sparrow
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

Abandon ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. John S
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

I hope we will see you guys at the new site. The writers that left MADE WiC what it is today, or actually, what it was before Fansided came and screwed it up with their pop up ads and their cocktails and all these worthless filler articles.

4. Darkstar
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Fill me in what did I miss?

5. Dominique Lavigne
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

I’m sorry it came to this. I have followed WICnet for 5 years, I’m going to stick with the artisans I respect, who made me love it. I have fervent hope it can get back to simpler, friendlier, … and can we also get Phil Bicking back while we’re at it? Pretty please?

6. Lea
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

It’s been real, WiC! Dueces!

7. outdoorcats
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

GoO, what are your plans? Are you going to stay with this site, or join the team on the new one? Or maybe appear on both? I obviously understand if you choose not to answer.

8. Hexonx
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

outdoorcats:

I feel bad for Zach. I could be wrong but I believe GOO have a deal with WiC so I don’t know if they can get out of it. Either way I will continue to follow GOO on itunes if I have to.

I may lurk on here occasionally but no more daily visits. Hope to see most of you at the new site when it’s up.

Always Support The Bottom! (We are keeping that shit)

9. Eddard Stark II
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

When did this happen?

10. John M W
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 12:36 am | Permalink

Well that sucks. :(

GOO, you guys will have to forgive me if I’ve moved ahead of you with the reading. :D This one chapter a week thing isn’t for me, I’m already twenty something chapters in. ;)

11. Axechucker
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 2:40 am | Permalink

Hey, peeps!

Formerly FaB here. It’s all good, especially in the GOO realm. Please continue to give your support to Zack and the lovelies behind Game of Owns. They’ve done no ill.

Always support the bottom!

Formerly FaB–but still Fabulous!

12. Ross
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Axechucker:
    Hey, peeps!

Formerly FaB here. It’s all good, especially in the GOO realm. Please continue to give your support to Zack and thelovelies behind Game of Owns. They’ve done no ill.

Always support the bottom!

Formerly FaB–but still Fabulous!

Good luck with the new venture! Looking forward to seeing the new site.

And maybe once it’s up and running you can fill us in on what happened here…?!

13. Summer
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 5:49 am | Permalink

I guess I’ll follow two sites within a few days. I don’t really get what changed. There are some more ads, an autoplay ad every 100 times I come here and no pop ups for me. There do seem to be more filler articles but that’s fine by me, it’s the off-season.

But whatever, part my support still goes with the epic 4 that left.

14. Arkash
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 6:02 am | Permalink

Is the new site name known somewhere or are they keeping the surprise ?

15. kdenn1020
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 7:13 am | Permalink

Ross,

It’s pretty simple. FanSided bought the site from Phil so they had the power. They started taking the site into a more commercial direction to make money off the website traffic. The original writers didn’t like the direction everything was headed so they resigned. FanSided decided not to wait and fired them right away.

I’ll second what Axechucker said. Please still support Zack and the GOO team because they’re all good people and they have the same good intentions as the group that left.

From a business perspective, I don’t know how FanSided could allow the four writers to leave. It’s pretty risky on their part. Obviously visitors of the website are very loyal to the original staff and they’re a part of the site’s community and culture. A tight knit community pit against a money-money-grabbing higher entity? The community rarely breaks.

Oh well. If FanSided is reading this, you guys are handling your investment pretty poorly.

16. outdoorcats
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Summer,

Among other issues mentioned above, they were also openly spoiling stuff that’s either yet to happen in the series, or may not happen in the series but are spoiling the books for the unsullied who may read them later, in article titles on the sidebar. And of course those weren’t even real articles, they were just a few random sentences that appeared to have been auto-generated by a machine so they can fill their articles-per-day quota.

I’ll continue to follow GoO through iTunes, how I’ve always followed them

17. franco
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

How many people called this coming once Fansided bought WiC?? I guess we can’t really say we are surprised with that news at all (or the direction this site has taken during the last few months)

18. Matt Blake
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

kdenn1020,

Hey everyone…I want to clarify a few things here….

First off, we hired Zack from GOO to run the site with Phil’s approval. We also made some much needed template updates at the direction of Phil as well. I think everyone agrees that we updated the template and kept it in line with the previous version as much as possible.

I was just notified of the spoiler/content issues and will fix the FanSided spoilers immediately. That was not the intent and we’ll get it fixed.

Ad wise, we only have added a few additional ads (the poll slide-in and some new native placements). The poll really ended up being a huge problem and has now been taken down. The other auto-play ad, is coming in through standard Google Adsense placements and we are hunting down the provider to get it removed. Also, if you see any other ads you have issues with, please email me at [email protected]. The ads are on me, so I apologize for all of the problems with them. Not our intent.

And last, but certainly not least, we wish the writers no ill-will. We were informed that they were leaving and access was removed after that. Patrick was unaware that they were willing to stay on through Comic-Con and the access removal is pretty much standard policy after someone resigns. All-in-all it seems like it was a mixup and we apologize for our part in it, but there was no “firing” that went down here, we just jumped the gun a bit on pulling access.

Our goal always has been to take what Phil has started and keep it going. It is as simple as that.

19. Howland Reed
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Hodor.

My last one. It’s become a baitclick site basically, glad someone is doing something about it.

20. LadyAndromeda
    Posted July 24, 2014 at 12:42 am | Permalink

Axechucker,

Thanks for clearing that up. I’ve been a fan of the GOO crew since their Mugglecast days (the ones that were on there, at least), and it was bothering me to think that something crappy had gone down between Zack and the former writers. Good to know everything is A-OK!

21. Kate
    Posted July 24, 2014 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

This podcast episode was great. I thought it was very funny when Micah said “tell your father I’m here.” In conclusion, I love GOO.

22. Zack Luye
    Posted July 24, 2014 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Kate,

braggart

23. Not Kate
    Posted July 24, 2014 at 10:11 pm | Permalink

Zack Luye,

Crap I forgot to switch accounts

24. Hopeful Young Man
    Posted July 25, 2014 at 1:11 am | Permalink

I really lyke all of you

25. Dragonstone
    Posted July 26, 2014 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

I love all the writers who left and will follow them wherever they go to write in the future. But I also love the GOO folks, who introduced me to WiC when they joined forces, so will absolutely continue to support them here as well. I’m sad to hear of the split, but I will just continue to enjoy everyone’s creative and entertaining writing & podcasts wherever they happen to be.

Great podcast for Jaime I! I can’t wait to enjoy my re-read of ASOS along with GOO! (Although 1 chapter per week is a little slow – I’m already forging on ahead – but I look forward to each and every podcast ep)