The Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards were held yesterday in Los Angeles and Game of Thrones dominated, winning in four categories.
The Creative Arts Emmy Awards generally go down a week before the live Primetime Emmy Awards telecast and focuses mainly on technical and behind the scenes efforts. We expect HBO will take home even more hardware next week but for now, the network is off to a good start.
Thrones took home awards for:
1. Special and visual effects for episode “The Children”
Joe Bauer, Joern Grosshans, Steve Kullback, Adam Chazen, Eric Carney, Sabrina Gerhardt, Matthew Rouleau, Thomas H. Schelesny, and Robert Simon.
2. Art direction for a contemporary or fantasy series forThe Laws of Gods and Men/The Mountain and the Viper
Deborah Riley, Paul Ghirardani, and Rob Cameron.
3. Costumes for a series
Michele Clapton, Sheena Wichary, Alexander Fordham, and Nina Ayres.
4. Prosthetic makeup for a series, miniseries, movie or special
Jane Walker and Barrie Gower.
HBO destroyed all of the other networks, taking home a total of 15 awards, four program and 11 individual.
Game of Thrones is nominated for 20 Emmys in all. A full list is available after the jump.
- Outstanding Drama Series
- Outstanding Supporting Actress – Lena Headey
- Outstanding Supporting Actor – Peter Dinklage
- Outstanding Guest Actress – Diana Rigg
- Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series – David Benioff and D.B. Weiss (“The Children”)
- Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series – Neil Marshall (“The Watchers on the Wall”)
- Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series- Nina Gold and Robert Sterne
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score)- Ramin Djawadi
- Outstanding Art Direction For A Contemporary Or Fantasy Series (Single-Camera)
- Outstanding Cinematography (2 nominations):
- Jonathan Freeman (“Two Swords”)
Anette Haellmigk (“The Lion and the Rose”)
- Outstanding Costumes for a Series (“The Lion and the Rose”)
- Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series (“The Lion and the Rose”)
- Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series-Non-Prosthetic (“Oathkeeper”)
- Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Miniseries, Movie Or A Special (“The Children”)
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series (“The Watchers on the Wall”)
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series – One Hour (“The Watchers on the Wall”)
Outstanding Special and Visual Effects
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Miniseries Or Movie
- Outstanding Interactive Program – Game of Thrones Premiere : Facebook Live and Instagram