Game of Thrones Season 5: New Structures Being Built In Dubrovnik
By WiC Staff on in Production.

game_of_thrones_season_five_1

Season five of Game of Thrones is currently filming and we’re starting to learn more and more about the story that will be involved and what characters will face certain challenges as the season unfolds.

The latest bit of story filming news comes from our friends at  Englishman in Dubrovnik (spoilers at the link) who passed along some photos of new potential set structures being constructed.

With season five of the popular HBO series Game of Thrones set to be filmed in Dubrovnik again at the end of this month it appears that the island of Lokrum will again be a location. Two large wooden constructions have appeared in the middle of the island near the Benedictine Monastery. An area of land has been cleared for the buildings and an ancient stone wall and steps in the vicinity have also been repaired and cleaned. Directly between the two wooden buildings stands a palm tree, it what seems like a new location for the fifth season of Game of Thrones. Lokrum, which is situated 600 metres from the historic walled city of Dubrovnik, has already been used as a location for Game of Thrones.

There have already been reports of a spolilery (Is spoilery a word? It is now.) nature circulating the web about one scene in particular that will be shot in Dubrovnik. The scene is mentioned at the link if you care to read about it.

game_of_thrones_season_five_2

Not much can be gleaned from these structures as far as we can tell but they will certainly be something we will continue to keep an eye on as they come together.

There are two more photos at Englishman in Dubrovnik.

Any ideas on what these structures will be used for?

1. Harry
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Hodorus Maximus

2. Rich uncle skeleton
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

#walkofshane

3. Rich uncle skeleton
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm | Permalink
  4. SusieQ
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

I really wish they wouldn’t leak these spoilers. More chances for the Unsullied to accidentally read them. :( (yes, I know there is a warning, I am Sullied)

5. Fienix
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Rich uncle skeleton,

Wow, if they’re going that far forward into Cersei’s storyline in season 5, really makes me wonder what they’re going to do in season 6. I mean, we pretty much burned through most of Bran’s written storyline in season 4… who’s is next?

6. thegovnor
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

wow didn’t expect that yet, interesting.

7. Easteros Bunny
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

but will she actually get nude for this?

8. Fancy word for a sellsword
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Season 5 will end well into “Winds of Winter” territory. I’m shocked any Sullied are surprised by this.

9. Ser Florian
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Fancy word for a sellsword,

I doubt it’ll end “well into Winds territory”, if, indeed, it moves into Winds territory at all. Perhaps, for a few of the storylines that have pushed forward into Feast/Dance material in Season 4 (Bran, Sansa, Brienne perhaps), they’ll push slightly into Winds material (even for these ones, I expect they’ll expand on their Feast/Dance stuff, and/or invent a few scenes). But for the majority of the plotlines/places/characters they’ll be covering their Feast/Dance material, and will likely end with their Feast/Dance endings.

It’s still only 10 episodes for the season, and the majority of 2 books worth of material to get through. Even if we do lose some of the additional material of these books (Ironborn, the 2 Griffs, Quentyn), there’s plenty for them to get through for the already present storylines.

10. TonyGen
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

I’m shocked any Sullied are surprised by this.

Yeah I don’t understand how people are still surprised that this season is going to catch up to published material for our characters. Season 6 will cover what comes next in TWOW, regardless of if it is published yet. This isn’t new information.

11. Frédéric Sinclair
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Ser Florian,

Brienne storyline will be completely new it seems, I don’t know what are the going to do without Lady Stoneheart

12. GerB40
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Frédéric Sinclair,

I’m close to tears even saying this but all the evidence would suggest LS will be written out.. I loved that twist and even though LS has been relatively quiet so far I always thought the potential for that character was huge..
    If this is true then that would mean the character isn’t too relevant to the over all storyline which makes me a very sad panda.
    I really hope I’m wrong…

13. Mel Gibson
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

I hope that fatass pile of garabage George RR Fartin shatters his knee caps and dies. Then all you stupid sheep will never have your ending to your stupid glorified dungeons and dragons manuals.

14. King Stannis
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Mel Gibson:

I think its time for your nap

15. Bronn For King
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Mel Gibson:

Have a snickers, your mean when your hungry.

16. GerB40
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Mel Gibson,

Sorry Mel, GRRM isn’t Jewish…

17. Darjan
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Easteros Bunny,

Yes, Lena said she’s been an advocate of keeping Cersei clothed so far in the series so that when that walk of shame moment happens, its all the more dis-empowering and shocking

18. Nicolai Hansen
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Darjan,

spoiler much?

19. strokememarge
    Posted August 18, 2014 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Mel Gibson,

Well if this is Mr Gibson, what would Jesus say about you saying such a thing concerning another human being, Jew or not, especially since you are a professed Christian. But then again you could be a troll, I do believe it is a crime to impersonate someone on the internet.

20. Fienix
    Posted August 19, 2014 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Guys, don’t give the Mel troll any more attention, that’s what they want.

I saw a blurb about how season 5 will go more in-depth with Varys’ character. Seeing as how his season 4 story ended with him boarding the ship with Tyrion, I wonder if he will be taking Illyrio’s role in Pentos? ‘Course, then this would lead to the question of whether they’re going to meet up with the two Griffs in the same manner. (and if this info/question has been brought up elsewhere, I apologize for the duplicity; I’ve been too busy to check in lately)

21. kheenchin