Interview with Kristian Nairn
By Fire And Blood on in Editorial, Interview.

Don’t let the warm eyes fool you, this is one wickedly funny dude. If I had to describe him in two words it would be “Irish wry,” because he never seems to miss a chance to offer any humorous offhanded remark about anything he finds funny–some of which are pretty ribald–and half of which you’re not sure if he’s quite serious. I tend to think he likes to keep us guessing that way. But he has a good heart and is, indeed, a lovely person.

Kristian was raised in Belfast, and still calls that lovely city home. Before he was more worldly renowned as that lovable Hodoring Hodor, he was a professional DJ–and is still a professional DJ to this day. (He just finished a whirlwind tour that had him spinning in the U.S. one night and then was doing it again back in Belfast the very next. I have no idea when he sleeps, because anyone taller than 5′ 10″ shouldnt be able to sleep on airplanes ever. I know I can’t. No idea if Kristian can.)

Fire And Blood: Let’s start with music first, since that was your first big thing. What musical acts did you like as a teen?

Kristian Nairn: I was a total metalhead as a teen. I still love it too. Back then I was into everything from proper glam stuff like Poison, etc, right through to thrash and death metal like Sepultura and Obituary! The ones that have really stayed with me are ones like The Cult and Danzig… although I still love a bit of obituary grind!

FaB: Never liked Poison, though C.C. DeVille was a passable guitarist. If I swayed toward glam metal, it was maybe Cinderella, but they were really just a rock/blues band masquerading as hair metal. The Cult was wicked good. Rise still gets me going. Anyway, you were an extremely popular DJ in Belfast long before you were Hodoring around, and were (and still are) a staple at Kremlin. What are some of your performance influences?

Kristian: For being a DJ, it’s really anything than can provoke an emotional response for me. And thats a very personal thing. At a gig recently in Pensacola Florida, as I was standing looking over the crowd, it dawned on me that it feels like I’m shooting emotional laser beams out into the crowd. When they respond, it’s the most amazing feeling, and conversely, when a crowd doesn’t get it, it can be like “WHY DONT YOU GET WHAT I’M GETTING?!” We all have gigs like that though, but thankfully more of the former.

c1f470e74d4e235b167c883eba165c71I guess it’s kind of funny that maybe growing up you have this dream of being a DJ, where you learn to express yourself and your emotions through music and not words, and then you become an actor in which you are best known for playing a character that has to express all of his emotions using only one word.

Kristian: My first musical dream was to be a guitar player, and believe me, it’s still in there. I haven’t really put it out there yet, but I’m a pretty damn good guitarist, if I say so myself. I studied players like Yngwie Malmsteen, Ty Tabor, Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Jake E. Lee, so much, that I could pretty much play on a level with them at one stage, but sadly, at that point, no one really was interested in hearing that from a guitarist anymore.

Tell us about your first paid DJ gig.

Kristian: I was already working in Kremlin at the time (not as a DJ), and one of the DJ’s called in sick, so they were kinda stuck. I remember rocking up with my CD’s all in a toolbox, haha. Was a good night obviously, as since then, I basically haven’t stopped!

464497-kristian_nairn_largeIf you could describe your DJ-ing style in one sentence, what would it be?

Kristian: Chunky, Deep, Dark, Always with Attitude.

On to what’s most important – no, not Game of Thrones, but rather World of Warcraft! Was WoW your first roleplaying game?

Kristian: Haha. Yeah, it was. I remember being completely lost at first – being killed by a wolf in Elwynn Forest, and thinking “screw this.” Then not playing for a month, but slowly I returned, and from then it’s had a grip on me HARD.

Hey, I enjoy WoW on occasion (currently more into FFXIV, but hey). I only do the roleplaying servers, however.

Kristian: I love the game. The characters, the lore, the places in the game. I DREAM about the places in the game as if they are real places. On the day the game is switched off eventually ( *shudder* )… it feels so weird and kinda terrible that I might never see those places again.

I’ve seen some things at the Lion’s Pride Inn in Elwynn Forest that I never want to see again.

Goldshire-Inn-Moon-Guard-3thumb-627x280

(Conversely, scenes like that are the BAD part about playing on RP servers.)

Can we say what server you’re on, or is that a secret?

Kristian: I’m currently on Thrall U.S., on the Horde side!

I know you like to keep your screen name secret, but can you give your stalkers any other clues so they can go on Hodor hunts?

Kristian: Hahahaha. Fine, usually I’m a small green goblin hunter with a spectral pet called Jupiter or Hannibal. :P

Let the stalking commence! You recently got a VIP tour of the Blizzard facilities in Irvine, CA, (along with another actor and good friend of mine, Jake Stormoen). What was the best part of that?

Kristian: Really it was meeting all the people behind the scenes, and realising what safe hands the game is in. They all LOVE warcraft as much, if not more, as any of us do!! Was a huge privilege.

284_Kristian - Ripper St sqYou’ve branched out a little since GoT. What was it like working on Ripper Street?

Kristian: Ripper Street was a delight to work on!! SO different to Game of Thrones… not that GoT isn’t wonderful. It was a different kettle of fish, as it was very relaxed and definitely on a much smaller scale. Very glad to see it’s been picked up again for another series!

Can you give us an idea of what the documentary Treasure Trapped is about?

Kristian: Treasure Trapped is a Documentary/Film following a number of events around the european LARPing circuit. It takes a very LARPer-sided look at the whole thing, and its done in a great way that doesn’t make fun of the art at all! In fact i reckon a lot of new people will want to try it after seeing the documentary.

On to Game of Thrones! Has your life been everything you thought it would since the first day you were cast as Hodor?

Kristian: I never dreamed things would have turned out how they have. Things seem to keep happening that I constantly have to check myself and think “Really? Is this real?” I knew Hodor would be a popular character… D&D [David Benioff and Dan Weiss] told me he would, but I didn’t think to the level he has so far! I love the guy, I can see why people like him. It’s a testament to GRRM and the Show that they can make every character so wonderful.

I have some friends in the gay community, “bears” as they’re wont to call themselves, who hold you on a pretty high pedestal. One good friend of mine (I’ve known since we were in the 5th grade together) says your bear following is “extensive.” Is this something you’re aware of?

Kristian: Well, in all honesty, when you talk about “the gay community,” you are talking about MY community, haha. I AM aware of it yeah, and I think it’s really lovely. There’s not a day that I don’t get a few messages, but 99% or more are super sweet and nothing smutty at all! Again, it’s a privilege, and I really mean that. I’ve never hidden my sexuality from anyone, my whole life in fact, and I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview, cos it’s not something you just blurt out. I’ve tried to lead the questions a few times, to no avail!

Seeing as how some people might react negatively to it, did most of the cast and crew have an understanding of it? Or was it just never really brought up?

Kristian images copyKristian: I had an upbringing to respect other people’s privacy, and their right to be and choose what they want, and I expect, no, demand no less for myself. It’s a very small part of who I am on the whole, but nonetheless, in this day and age, it’s important to stand up and be counted. I have and always will stand my ground. So, yeah, people have been great, on the show, but I don’t see why it would be an issue.

I ask because I know there is a certain percentage of parents who might say, “Oh, well, I don’t want my child acting with a gay man.”

Kristian:I would love to see the children in question on the show react to [someone telling them] that. That’s so not even been an issue. The families and kids on the show are so switched on to reality, to “old ways” aren’t an issue.

On to more questions! Other than people asking for piggyback rides, what’s the weirdest or funniest request you’ve ever gotten from a fan?

Kristian: Well, regarding those piggyback ride. Although i DON’T do them, (I’m not ACTUALLY a pony), at a convention recently, for a joke, I put a sign up “ Piggyback rides $5000” obviously to discourage people from asking. But after one or two people stood staring for a minute and were clearly thinking about it… I decided to amend the sign to $150000… just in case!

But for $150,000 you would be willing to give piggybacks? ;D

Kristian: There are LOT of things I would do for $150,000.

"...but I won't do THAT, FaBio!"

“…but I won’t do THAT, FaBio!”

Noted! We’ve seen you be given the opportunity to stretch yourself as an actor more and more, as each season passes. Season three saw Bran actually warg into Hodor, which was pretty cool… but playing out the terror Hodor felt just prior to that must have been tricky. How many takes did they make you do, playing him so freaked out?

Kristian: It’s interesting that i get asked regularly, “So, you have the easiest job on TV…” and also “So, you have the hardest job on TV…” Man, they did an afternoon of takes for that scene. It can be difficult to keep the energy up on a consistent level for that length of time, but David Nutter is an amazing director.

1265994271For that scene I thought back to the Asterix Comics I read when I was a child. I remembered that one of their only fears was that the sky was going to fall on their heads, and I tried to picture that in Hodor’s eyes… not knowing why this sound and light was coming from the sky.

Asterix comics! I’m not sure if most Americans get that reference. But can I put you on my fancast shortlist to play Obelix someday?

Kristian: Sure!! I even have the little white Dogmatix lookalike already.

So… GRRM (George R. R. Martin) being GRRM, he has left us some tantalizing hints that Hodor may not be as simple as he seems. Do you have a favorite theory as to Hodor’s origin?

Kristian: There is NO way Hodor is simple beneath it all. I truly believe that, and can’t wait to find out. I do have a couple of favourite theories, but I’ve decided not to voice them anymore, as I don’t want George to see them and think “Hell, no!”

Without spoiling anything (we have a number of “Unsullied” show-only fans here at WiC, so we don’t want to give away any book secrets), did you get the chance to do anything even more crazy for season 4? We’ve seen interviews taken from shoots in which you appear to be beaten up all to hell. Is it safe to say Hodor has his most action-packed season yet?

Kristian: There is literally nothing I can say here without spoilers or being beheaded by HBO. Let’s just say that he didn’t walk into a door!

That would have to be a pretty mean door. I put Hodor’s chances of ending up on the Iron Throne at 0.04%. Accurate?

Kristian: I want to see your calculation workings.

Thanks so much, Kristian.

1. Laurentius
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:11 am | Permalink

Let’s not. For once.

2. Fire And Blood
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:18 am | Permalink

Laurentius:
    Let’s not. For once.

Dang, you got ahead of the usual Hodor-ers!

3. Grijnwaald
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:20 am | Permalink

Laurentius,

Kill(grey)joy

4. Staunch
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:21 am | Permalink

“Isaac is color blind”

You don’t say?

5. Laurentius
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:24 am | Permalink

Grijnwaald:
    Laurentius,

Kill(grey)joy

It’s funny. instead of the usual 5+ posts shouting out *that name*, we’ll surely get a discussion on the absence of *that name* for at least as long.

New precedents set!

6. iTiSkNOWn
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:24 am | Permalink

lol

7. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:27 am | Permalink

I was against just striking indigo out of the color spectrum. I didn’t know replacing it with teal was an option. Count me on team teal!

And of course, Hodor.

8. Jordan
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:36 am | Permalink

Nodor.

Great interview.

9. Team Pod
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 3:01 am | Permalink

Can someone enlighten me on some of the Hodor might be smarter than he looks theories ? I have read the books but must have missed or forgotten these clues !

10. Hexonx
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 3:48 am | Permalink

Team Pod:

There is a theory that he is a descendant of Ser Duncan the Tall and we know Hodor is not his given name. These would indicate he has a greater significance to the story than just being Bran’s play toy but it doesn’t necessarily make him smarter than he looks.

11. Tar Kidho
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 3:51 am | Permalink

Team Pod,

Not sure there’s any real evidence for this, but someone pretending to be a simpleton to avoid unwanted attention is a theme that is quite common in fantasy.

12. OldeCrone
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 3:57 am | Permalink

I suppose “indigo” is a hue of the rainbow rather than a colour of it (‘color’ if you are in North America). I’d have to say it’s completely different to teal though; I would say teal is more of a greenish-blue but indigo is a dark blue. It’s called after a plant used as a dye is it not? After the Hodor taking a dip scene I did wonder if there was something in Osha’s thought that he might be of part-giant extraction; I’m really not sure. I know Hodor is not a main character he recurs quite frequently but it’s nice to know (at least going by the interview) that Kristian appears to be grounded and not to have become pompous since his involvement with “Game of Thrones”. One of the times I was in France somebody showed me an Asterix book – the one where he and Obelix go to help the ancient Britons and the book had the Britons pausing the battle part way through for a tea break.

Posted March 11, 2014 at 5:00 am | Permalink

Great, a surprise morning FaB interview is the best of surprises :) with Kristian no less! I have been starting to miss these.

14. Fire And Blood
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 5:17 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar:

Hopefully we’ll get more. It’s looking a little grim these days. But I’m willing to hang my hat on Hodor, so to speak, if this is all we’re afforded this season. Kristian was a fantastic interview.

15. ATG
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 5:41 am | Permalink

What a lovely interview.

16. Ter
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 6:01 am | Permalink

Great interview! I’m glad he came out publicly.
    I also didn’t hear about these theories about Hodor. Looking forward to seeing if George really does have something in mind.

17. Udi
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 6:26 am | Permalink

Wow FaB! You dig Cinderella?! Loved that band. Gypsy road is one of my favorite tracks. Also, to have WoW, Asterix and ofc Hodor all in the same post – what more can I ask (except that George write like the wind)?

18. Fire And Blood
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Udi:
    Wow FaB! You dig Cinderella?! Loved that band. Gypsy road is one of my favorite tracks.)

“Gypsy Road” is good. My favorite from Cinderella is basically a three-way tie between “Hell on Wheels,” “Bad Seamstress Blues,” and “One for Rock ‘N Roll.” Best album overall is Long Cold Winter.

19. Stork of Winterfell
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Isaac: massively talented, and basically the best young dude ever.

Absolutely agree with this.
    Surprisingly great interview from a minor cast. FaB always delivers.

20. Ours is the Fury
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 8:42 am | Permalink

Wonderful interview, FaB, you’ve outdone yourself, and I appreciate Kristian’s honesty in all things.

Honestly though, fuck indigo, man.

21. Winter
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Awesome interview! I’ve had the pleasure of playing WoW with Kristian a few times and I can attest to his utter addiction over that game!

And it’s great to see Kristian publicly come out on this site. I know the fans will be just as supportive of him as his friends and co-workers are.

22. Dominique
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Woohoo! FaBio is back! That means the season is back on!

Honestly, if the cast and crew are so hard to get a hold of, perhaps HBO might be willing to let you interview Phil Bicking? You could ask him about his shocking on-screen death!, and how it feels when winter is melting?

23. Udi
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Fire And Blood,

No doubt the best album. Long cold winter (is coming)

24. Patchy Face
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Thanks Kristian and FaBio! Great interview and missed you dude.

25. Veltigar
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Laurentius:
    Let’s not. For once.

You know, this is actually incredibly sweet! Cudo’s dude.

Great interview FaB. :D

My name is Jordan Belfort. The year I turned 26, I made 49 million dollars, which really pissed me off because D&D still haven’t cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron

26. Satin
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

What a lovely interview. Thanks, FaB!

27. Jillybean
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

Wonderful interview of a lovely person. I wish I had the opportunity to dance at one of his DJ gigs! Thanks, FaB!

And although I love FaB, I have to put myself on the side of indigo. The more blue/purple, the better.

28. Jordan
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

On the issue of Hodor’s intelligence, the various Hodor “Tom Swiftys” (I.e. “Hodor said Hodor angrily”) suggest that he’s participating in conversations/following what it going on- it’s just that when he talks, all he can say is “Hodor”. It’s kind of ambiguous though, since the books also describe him as just hodoring randomly/for the fun of it.

One good example in the show is that great scene where Osha angrily asks why she and he have to do all the work when the Reeds can sit around, and Hodor thinks about it for a bit before answering with a carefully considered “Hodor”.

Also, Kristian really seems like a great guy. Would love to meet him (would not ask for a piggyback ride though).

29. Shutsuejiputoki
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

Mm, now I want to check out Ripper Street. &, I’m imagining the cast who still live under their parents totally dismissing their parents if they acted that way, which would be hilarious & great, lol. What a small matter.

Staunch,

LOL! People were asking about that…
    Still looks great though.

30. redviper
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Great interview … congratulations for coming out!!
    Power to you!!

HODOR!!!!!

31. Arian
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

why people are not hodoring?

32. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Flicks and the City has just launched their Season 4 speculation compilation from the various cast members they’ve interviewed the past year (Kristian included). If you can stand the “throne-clone” pounding music then it’s a great watch (beware of spoilers though).

33. John W
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Hodor.

34. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Great interview, as always. He serms like a nice guy.

Veltigar,

How do you come up with all those Mads Miklesen gags? I admire your dedication! I personally hope Mads gets cast as dragon poo.

35. UtherGreenShirt
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

there seems to be a good deal of possibilities with the starks…..all dealing with the wall in some way…

36. Strider
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the interview! I cannot believe he liked the Asterix comics. I loved them. I still enjoy the movies when I get a chance, and The 12 Tasks of Asterix is one of the funniest ones I’ve seen as child.

0.04% of being on the Iron Throne — I want to see those calculations myself.

37. GeekFurious
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

The gay questions got a bit weird. This is 2014. It’s like you were talking to him in 1994.

38. Fire And Blood
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious:

Are you kidding? We talked about hair metal. It’s like I was talking to him in 1984!

39. Gatehouse Ami
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

What makes this interview outstanding is your knowledge of subject and audience (I’m not left with that empty tabloidy feeling afterward). Congrats!

40. Blind Beth
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

Is it still “coming out” when you were never in?

*shrug*

This was a great interview, I really enjoyed it. In the totally-perfect version of my wedding Kristian Nairn is the DJ, preferably but not necessarily dressed as Hodor. Alas, I am over budget as it is.

41. Benny Boy
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

Would’ve like some clues to his Final Fantasy XIV character so players could keep a lookout there too…

42. Rabid Grunt
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

Well this interview just made it onto Huffington post.

Cool beans.

43. Fire And Blood
    Posted March 11, 2014 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

I enjoy that we have as many trackbacks as comments. Didn’t know that my opinions on indigo were so—-DAMMIT, they’re gone.

(The Final Blow to Indigo.)

44. FungiVorax
    Posted March 12, 2014 at 12:13 am | Permalink

KHAAAAAN!

Oh wait…

45. Ax0r
    Posted March 12, 2014 at 1:39 am | Permalink

So this interview is being linked by mainstream newspaper sites like my local smh.com.au
    Congratulations I guess on getting wide recognition on an interview. Sad that it’s because of the actor’s sexuality and not because of anything else. It’s a bit sad that someone coming out as gay still counts as “news”…
    Kudos for not making a big deal of it in the interview though.

46. Jim Cross
    Posted March 12, 2014 at 7:12 am | Permalink

What an honor for this site…. Hodor came out here!! Congrats

GeekFurious:

You are totally correct

47. John
    Posted March 12, 2014 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Ummm…

I think he’s amongst friends in the GoF cast…

48. Mrs. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted March 12, 2014 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Great interview! And I never noticed the cool star tattoo above his right eye. The more I read about Kristian the more I like him.

49. Eos
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Cool interview! Also, great to see WiC mentioned on my country’s main news website (where his ‘coming out’ made the headlines) :) And his first experiences with WoW are exactly the same as mine (Elwynn Forest and all).

50. Gradivus
    Posted March 16, 2014 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Hexonx, actually there is no evidence at all that Hodor is any more intelligent than he seems. In fact, later on in the books we find out that he is so incredibly unintelligent that Bran Stark is able to control Hodor with his mind as he would a lesser animal, although this is supposed to be impossible to do with any human.

1. […] Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor on Game of Thrones, came out of the closet publicly in an interview at Winter is Coming. […]

2. […] Hodor! Il y a des coming-outs que l’on attend pas vraiment, mais qui font du bien quand même. Kristian Nairn qui interprète Hodor, le grand simplet (du moins en apparence) au service de la famille Stark, explique qu’il est gay au site Winteriscoming.net. […]

3. […] an interview with Winter is Coming, the actor revealed, ‘In all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ […]

5. […] Nairn, who plays the character “Hodor,” told the Game of Thrones fan site WinterIsComing.net that indeed he is […]

6. […] an interview with a Game of Thrones fan website, actor Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor, publically came out as a gay man. In response to a question […]

7. […] Nairn, best known as the dim-but-loyal Hodor on HBO’s Game of Thrones, just gave an interview with Winter Is Coming. While he didn’t reveal much about what we’ll see when Season 4 debuts, he did open up […]

8. […] plays Hodor on HBO’s hit show Game of Thrones has come out in an interview on a fansite, Winter is Coming, after he was asked about his “extensive” bear following. In response, Nairn comments […]

9. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

10. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

11. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

12. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

13. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

14. […] an interview with a Game of Thrones fan website, actor Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor, publically came out as a gay man. In response to a question […]

15. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

16. […] The Game of Thrones star, known for his role as Hodor on the HBO series, spoke publicly about his sexuality Tuesday in an interview with the blog Winter Is Coming. […]

17. […] in HBO’s Game of Thrones, has revealed that he is gay. In an interview published today by WinterIsComing.net, the actor confirmed his sexuality after being asked about his popularity in the gay […]

18. […] from “Game of Thrones” but he is an accomplished DJ who happens to be gay. In an interview with WinterIsComing.net, Nairn discusses his sexuality nonchalantly and says that he’s been trying to get journalists to […]

19. […] WinterIsComing.net:Interview with Kristian Nairn — We’re kicking off Game of Thrones season 4 with one doozy of an awesomesaucey interview: the one and only Kristian Nairn. — Don’t let the warm eyes fool you, this is one wickedly funny dude. If I had to describe him in two words it would be “Irish wry … […]

20. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

21. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

22. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

23. […] 38-year-old actor was being interviewed by GOT fansite WinterIsComing.net when asked about his character Hodor’s popularity with the gay […]

24. […] Nairn, the actor who plays Hodor on Game of Thrones, came out in an interview with one of the show’s fan sites, WinterIsComing.net. Asked whether he was aware of his […]

25. […] an interview posted on Game of Thrones fan site WinterIsComing, actor Kristian Nairn revealed that he’s gay. And a pot of honey among […]

26. […] of Thrones actor Kristian Nairn has revealed that he is gay in an interview with GOT fansite WinterIsComing.net when asked about his characters popularity with the gay […]

27. […] about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about my community,” Kristian tells WinterIsComing.net. “I am aware of it yeah, and I think it’s really lovely. There’s not a day that I don’t […]

28. […] and he’s okay with that. In fact, he plays for the same team, according to a new interview with Winter Is Coming, an online news source for the Game of Thrones fan […]

29. […] an interview with WinterIsComing.net, actor Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor, publically came out as a gay man. In response to a question […]

30. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

31. […] Score that as a success; an interviewer asked a leading question without knowing where it was leading! You can read the full interview and see more pictures here. […]

32. […] asked about his following in the gay bear community on a GoT fansite, he says, “Well, in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are […]

33. […] an interview with GOT fan-site winteriscoming.net, Kristian Nairn — the man behind everybody’s favourite Hodor, Hodor — was asked […]

34. […] British star first shared the news with a Game of Thrones fan blog, Winter Is Coming, after responding to a question about his extensive “bear” following among the LGBT […]

35. […] an interview with WinterIsComing.net, actor Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor, publically came out as a gay man. In response to a question […]

36. […] Vanity Fair, but one of the cast members, Kristian Nair has revealed that he is gay, according to WinterIsComing.net.  In a recent interview with the GoT fansite, Kristian shared the news that he is gay in a very […]

37. […] 38-year-old actor was being interviewed by GOT fansite WinterIsComing.net when asked about his character Hodor’s popularity with the gay […]

38. […] in all honesty, when you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY community, haha,” he said. “I AM aware of it yeah, and I think […]

39. […] pela primeira vez sobre sua homossexualidade, numa entrevista concedida ao blog Winter is Coming (link para a entrevista, em inglês), voltado a assuntos sobre a série. E o ator disse nunca ter feito segredo disso: “Esperava […]

40. […] Nairn, the actor who plays Hodor on Game of Thrones, came out in an interview with one of the show’s fan sites, WinterIsComing.net. Asked whether he was aware of his […]

41. […] a QA interview with the Game of Thrones (GoT) fan website, WinterisComing.net, actor Kristian Narin openly shared that he’s […]

42. […] ha parlato apertamente del suo orientamento sessuale nel corso di un’intervista con il sito web Winter is coming. Il tutto è avvenuto con estrema naturalezza: l’intervistatore, infatti, gli chiedeva se fosse a […]

43. […] British star first shared the news with a Game of Thrones fan blog, Winter Is Coming, after responding to a question about his extensive “bear” following among the LGBT […]

44. […] Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor on Game of Thrones, came out of the closet publicly in an interview at Winter is Coming. […]

45. […] subject of the gay community came up when the Winter Is Coming interviewer asked Nairn about how he felt about having a large “bear” following. Nairn […]

46. […] hidden my sexuality from anyone, my whole life in fact,” Nairn said in a new interview with WinterIsComing.net, a website devoted to “Game of Thrones” and its associated novel series. […]

47. […] Nairn, 38, discusses his sexuality in an interview with the Game of Thrones-themed website WinterIsComing.net. […]

48. […] Nairn, 38, discusses his sexuality in an interview with the Game of Thrones-themed website WinterIsComing.net. […]

49. […] 38-year-old Northern Irish actor did so in an interview with Game of Thrones fansite WinterIsComing.net, who questioned him about the attention his character receives in the gay […]

50. […] Nairn, 38, discusses his sexuality in an interview with the Game of Thrones-themed website WinterIsComing.net. […]

51. […] Det tyder denne artikel i Vanity Fair på, at han gør! (måske) – via - (læs også interviewet med Hodor) […]

52. […] Bran’s oversize bodyguard, played by Kristian Nairn is getting renewed attention in an interview with Winteriscoming.net. On “Game of Thrones” the character of “Hodor” can only communicate by […]

53. […] Game of Thrones‘ Kristian Nairn has come out: “When you talk about ‘the gay community,’ you are talking about MY […]

54. […] Nairn, the actor who plays Hodor on Game of Thrones, came out in an interview with one of the show’s fan sites, WinterIsComing.net. Asked whether he was aware of his […]

55. […] he was gay. “I’ve never hidden my sexuality from anyone,” he told the website. “I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview… I’ve tried […]

56. […] he was gay. “I’ve never hidden my sexuality from anyone,” he told the website. “I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview… I’ve tried […]

57. […] went on to say, “It’s a very small part of who I am on the whole, but nonetheless, in this day and age, it’s […]

58. […] 38-year-old actor was being interviewed by GOT fansite WinterIsComing.net when asked about his character Hodor’s popularity with the gay […]

59. […] a fait son coming out ce mardi 11 mars. L'acteur s'est exprimé sur son homosexualité lors d'un tchat sur Winter Is Coming -un site de fans de la série- lorsque quelqu'un l'a questionné sur ses … Lire la […]

60. […] to stand up and be counted,” Nairn, 38, told the “Game of Thrones” fansite Winter Is Coming. “I have and always will stand my ground. So, yeah, people have been great, on the show, but […]

61. […] to stand up and be counted,” Nairn, 38, told the “Game of Thrones” fansite Winter Is Coming. “I have and always will stand my ground. So, yeah, people have been great, on the show, but […]

62. […] more of the interview, click here! Congrats…or should we say, […]

63. […] of Thrones made news for another reason Tuesday: Kristian Nairn, the actor who plays Hodor, came out as gay in an interview with fan site Winteriscoming.net. It was your typical 2014 celebrity coming out: Dropped as an aside, in the middle of an interview […]

64. […] to stand up and be counted,” Nairn, 38, told the “Game of Thrones” fansite Winter Is Coming. “I have and always will stand my ground. So, yeah, people have been great, on the show, but […]

65. […] told a writer on fansite WinterIsComing.net his sexuality is not an […]

66. […] I had an upbringing to respect other people’s privacy, and their right to be and choose what they want, and I expect, no, demand no less for myself. It’s a very small part of who I am on the whole, but nonetheless, in this day and age, it’s important to stand up and be counted. I have and always will stand my ground. So, yeah, people have been great, on the show, but I don’t see why it would be an issue. - Kristian Nairn, interview with Winter Is Coming. […]

67. […] British actor shared the not-so-shocking news on a GoT fansite, Winter Is Coming, after being asked about his vast “bear” following among LGBT fans.  The actor […]

68. […] conocido como el gigante en la serie de HBO, comentó sobre su sexualidad en una entrevista con Winteriscoming.net, donde dijo que su comunidad siempre ha sido la comunidad […]

69. […] alakító Kristian Nairnről, hogy civilben DJ-ként dolgozik. Most viszont arról vallott egy rajongói oldalnak, hogy meleg. Hodor karakterének óriási kultusza van a meleg közösségekben, mivel egy kicsit […]

70. […] announced he was gay. “I’ve never hidden my sexuality from anyone,” he told the website. “I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview… I’ve tried […]

71. […] tells WinterIsComing.net that he has been trying to ‘come out’ for years – but no one asked him the right […]

72. […] segundo ele, que revelou o fato em entrevista para o site WinterIsComing.net, especializado em GoT, nunca esteve em um armário. O fato de ser […]

73. […] an interview with the Winteriscoming fan site, Nairn was asked if he was aware of his “bear” following among members of the […]

74. […] prijestolja’ javno je priznao da je gej. Naime, tijekom intervjua s obožavateljima s portala Winter is Coming, rečeno mu je da ima mnogo obožavatelja kod dijela gej populacije koja preferira deblje […]

75. […] of Thrones,” came out to the world during an interview this week with winteriscoming.net.  The interviewer asked: “I have some friends in the gay community, “bears” as […]

76. […] Quem acompanha a badalada série “Game Of Thrones” já deve saber que o ator Kritian Nairn, que interpreta o personagem Hodor, é homossexual. A informação veio do próprio Kritian, durante uma entrevista ao blog “Winter Is Coming“. […]

77. […] One of the GOT news-related headlines that had caught our attention just recently is the fact that Kristian Nairn—the actor who plays Hodor in the series—has finally come out in public… On a GOT […]

78. […] preguntas hacia esta cuestión en varias ocasiones, ¡siempre en vano!”, manifestó Nairn en una entrevista concedida a WinterIsComing.net, blog dedicado a la popular serie […]

79. […] Northern Irish actor, 38, was interviewed Tuesday by winteriscoming.net, and responded to a question about his character’s huge following in the gay community with the […]

80. […] tells the site that he is aware of his following and that it’s all really […]

81. […] an interview with WinterIsComing.net, actor Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor, publically came out as a gay man. In response to a question […]

82. […] fan blog Winter Is Coming spoke with the actor ahead of the series’ Season 4 premiere on April 6 and specifically […]

83. […] favorite Hodor on HBO’s “Game of Thrones” recently came out as gay to fan site http://www.winteriscoming.net when he was asked a question regarding his character’s huge following in the gay […]

84. […] as Hodor in Game of Thrones, came out as gay in an interview. You can read the full interview on Winter is coming […]

85. […] haven’t been completely,” Glenn says in the feature. In a March 11 interview with a “Game of Thrones” fan site, actor Kristian Nairn confirmed that he’s gay — even though, as he says, he’s […]

86. […] back by proudly (and publicly) claiming his community as an out gay man (during a interview with Winter Is Coming). With this simple truth, Mr. Nairn gained a slew of new Hodor fans, while inspiring countless more […]

87. […] whole life in fact, and I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview,” he told WinterIsComing.net . I love it. […]

88. […] whole life in fact, and I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview,” he toldWinterIsComing.net. I love it. […]

89. […] whole life in fact, and I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview,” he told WinterIsComing.net . I love it. […]