There is no new episode of Game of Thrones tonight, so let’s reflect
By Lightbringer on in Recap.

Unfortunately, we won’t be treated to a new episode of Game of Thrones tonight. Taking a one week break for Memorial Day Weekend, the show will return next Sunday, June 1st, with the eighth episode of Season 4, The Mountain and the Viper.

We may just need this break to prepare us for the following weeks, as we’ve been promised 3 unforgettable episodes to close out what has already been an amazing Season 4. Starting with one of the best – if not the best – combat scenes David and Dan have ever done.

So instead of throwing ourselves a pity party, let’s take a moment to look back at some of the best moments we’ve been given so far.

Arya and The Hound kicked off the season in a grand fashion, with a showdown resulting in Arya crossing a name off of her list while reclaiming her Stark sword, and The Hound proving to be a general badass who really loves chicken.

In just the second episode of the season we held our breath after being hit with a friendly reminder that no one in Westeros is really safe, as King Joffrey fell, and we said goodbye to the very talented Jack Gleeson.

Daenerys arrived in Meereen with barrels full of messages for the masters, as Emilia Clarke delivered another stirring speech in Valyrian. The only thing that would have made this scene better was dragons, but we were patient.

Skipping ahead a few episodes, Tyrion’s breakdown after the ultimate betrayal was full of emotion and had us screaming at our televisions for justice, and all of the awards for Peter Dinklage.

Last week’s episode is deserving of two honorable mentions. First, for Oberyn Martell’s story of a baby, not a monster, followed by his awesome hero shot that we don’t get too many of on Game of Thrones.

And second, for poor, poor Lysa, taking flight out of her very own Moon Door at the hands of her Cat loving husband, Petyr.

What has been your favorite moment so far this year? Perhaps when we crossed seven million? Here’s to eight.

If you’re looking for something to fill the empty time-slot today, feast your ears on the latest episode of our Podcast, Game of Owns, or your eyes on the latest from our weekly recap show, WiC Live.

Winter is Coming Live Game of Thrones Season 4… by winteriscoming

1. zzz
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Hot pie

2. Patchy Face
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

That Viper-Tyrion scene gives me chills every single time!

3. Littlebird
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

My favorite moment has been the snow castle, #TeamSansa

Well there are many good moments these season I will do a top 5:

5.- Oberyn Talking with Tyrion about Elia and her sons and that the lannister are not the only ones the pays his debts.

4.- Sansa´s slap to Robyn (was simple great)

3.- Dead of Jofrey

2.- The trial of Tyrion

1.- Arya revenge the dead of lommy

4. Ragman's Harbor
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Tywin’s speech with Tommen about what makes a good king really stuck with me, perhaps my favorite dialogue since the beginning, it may well change by the end of the season though.

5. jentario
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

I would add the White Walker scene to that list if it was up to me. A complete surprise.

6. Lord of the Waters
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

A few of my favourite scenes from this season so far have been:

The Introduction of Oberyn. After waiting years to see him on the screen this did not dissapoint. “Your just too slow on the draw”. Badass.

The entire Purple Wedding sequence was brilliant. So many major characters in one place with a brilliant payoff.

As a House Bolton fan I loved the family reunion in episode 2. So many good little character moments. Roose and Ramsay finally meeting up on screen, Fat Walda and the great little reveal that Locke and Ramsay were friends made so much sense.

the White Walker reveal was mind blowing from a book readers pov and was beatifuly done.

everything with Burn Gorman. The guy is legit terrifying and brought a minor character to life. His fight with John was brilliantly staged too.

the entire trial and fallout including the jail cell scenes with Tyrion and Bronn and my personal favourite scene between Tyrion and Oberyn.

These are the ones that stand out for me but there have been loads of character moments I have enjoyed such as Stannis and Davos vs the Iron Bank, Arya and Hound taking all the chicken, Yara and her axe, John and Ghost, the crazyhouse at the Eyrie, Bronn and Jaime, yeah I have loved this season and would be here all night if I carry on haha.

7. Sansa Bird
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Has to be the snow castle sequence!!

I’ve been waiting for that scene for years! I would have liked a more prolonged scene, it felt rushed but most of the episode was done well and I was very thankful they included it!

8. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

From my perspective, the best aspects of this season have been the expressions between characters, such as:

1) Tywin & Tyrion glaring at each other during the trial
    2) The Hound looking at Arya as she utters his name on her list
    3) Yara’s look of anger/disappointment toward what’s left of Theon
    4) Sansa’s look back at KL before she gets on the rowboat
    5) Jojen’s greensight and realizing his fate
    6) Meera’s “Oh shit” moment before being captured
    7) Stannis rebuking Selyse
    8) Davos & Shireen stealing every scene they are in
    9) Theon’s complete subservience
    10) Locke’s facade and his hidden agenda
    11) Dany looking up at the dead child on the wooden stake
    …and many others.

Also, first rate VFX this year with the Titan, dragons and direwolves…more please!

9. Amanda M
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

I agree with the ones you guys picked, except I’d replace Dany’s scene (since I am one of those people who doesn’t like Dany/her storyline, sorry…) with Jaime and Brienne’s farewell from Episode 4. I thought it was a well-done and powerful end to their time together, and did justice to the scene from the book.

I’m going through intense withdrawal today. How am I supposed to survive another week?

10. Arthur
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Great scene choices!

The Oberyn/Tyrion scene is the one that stirred up my emotions the most this season so far…

Everytime I watch that scene I get a lumpy throat and this strong emotional feeling, both because of the baby story and Oberyn’s grief.

People got to remember his sister wasn’t just murdered, she was completely violated in the most horrible fashion, then murderes… Imagine living with that grief and imagine the desire you’d feel to avenge your sister’s violation and murder….

Powerful stuff!

11. Tatters
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

I would replace the Hound scene with the first dragon scene, The Hound doesnt like chicken, D&D is shitting all over the books.

12. kdenn1020
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Where’s our Friday GoO

13. haltwhogoesthere
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

I guess you could say Petyr’s -sunglasses- a cat person.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

14. Arthur
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Amanda M,

Oh yeah good call!

The Jaime/Brienne farewell scene also stirred up my emotions!

That should definitely be a YouTube view on this thread!

15. Boojam
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

The Dave and Dan composed, shot and cut that ‘chicken’ tavern fight would have made Sam Peckinpah proud!

16. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Top scenes so far:

1. Tyrion and Oberyn conversation in the cell(‘Mockingbird’)
    2. The Hound and Arya at the Inn(‘Two Swords’)
    3. Tyrion demands trial by combat(‘The Laws Of Gods And Men’)
    4. Purple Wedding’s final sequence(‘The Lion And The Rose’)
    5. Jaime gives Brienne Oathkeeper and their Farewell(‘Oathkeeper’)
    6. Bronn refuses to be Tyrion’s champion(‘Mockingbird’)
    7. Oberyn’s introduction(‘Two Swords’)

17. Boojam
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

I think Emilia Clarke has not been able to finesse bad dialog as some of the veteran actor have.
    Tho I don’t think it happens as often as some watchers do.
    But when she has spoken Valyrian , man!, she nails it.
    Dracrays , last season, was my favorite episode sequence Season 3.

Dragons!
    Yeah didn’t Bryan tell us that CGI was a King’s Ransom?

But! One sentence inserted across almost 4 seasons now naming them would cost very little!

18. Alan Lovejoy
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

The Memorial Day One-Week Hiatus is coming…

19. Bui Huu Duyet
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

1. Tyrion’s trial
    2. Joffrey’s death
    3. “Can you walk?”
    4. Reforging Ice
    5. Podrick the masterchef
    6. Tywin giving Tommen a lesson
    7. Operation Traitor-11

Too bad Dany has no place in my list up to date.

20. Valyrian Walker
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

1. Tyrion and Oberyn conversation in the cell (‘Mockingbird’)
    2. Arya getting Needle and killing Polliver (‘Two Swords’)
    3. Tyrion’s trial starting from Shae till the end (‘The Laws Of Gods And Men’)
    4. Jaime gives Brienne Oathkeeper and their Farewell (‘Oathkeeper’)
    5. Oberyn’s introduction (‘Two Swords’)
    6. Purple Wedding’s final sequence (‘The Lion And The Rose’)

21. Ann Fowler
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

️Bronn and Tyrion’s farewell in Mockingbird, those two have a serious bromance going down!!

22. Only Your Sister Wrister
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

This is cool right about now. I’ve actually really been digging some of the non-book scenes- tywin/tommen; Jaime/Bronn; Arya/hound chicken scene; tywin at the small council discussing Dany and her dragons all come to mind.
    I loved Tywin’s gift to Jaime.
    I agree with Hodor’s bastard above- all these actors are really doing a fantastic job conveying layers of emotion/stoicism/Stockholm syndrome…
    And of course Dinklage’s fine work showing us a glimpse at Tyrion’s dark heart.

Jojen’s burning hand was awesome.

This has been a great season so far.

23. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Only Your Sister Wrister:
    …all these actors are really doing a fantastic job conveying layers of emotion/stoicism/Stockholm syndrome…

I think that “Stockholm Syndrome scenarios within GoT” could be a standalone thread that is worth debating on a variety of levels. All the remaining Starks are affected by SS to some degree as well as Theon/Reek and even Dany. Good stuff, ser!

24. Ozymandias
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

1. “I will be your champion” (Mockingbird)
    2. The end of the trial (The Laws of Gods and Men)
    3. Joffrey’s death (The Lion and The Rose)
    4. Arya getting her revenge on Polliver. (Two Swords)
    5. The Introduction of Oberyn Martell (Two Swords)
    6. “What makes a good king ?” (Breaker of Chains)
    7. The Night’s King reveal (Oathkeeper)
    8. Karl, The Legend of Gin Alley (Oathkeeper)
    9. Sansa escaping KL + the return of Littlefinger (Breaker of Chains)
    10. “I missed you, boy” (First of his Name)

(6/10 are from King’s Landing !)

Honorable mentions : “Robb Stark is dead”, Tywin melting down Ice, All the Eyrie scenes, Dany’s arrival at Meereen, “I like you, I just like myself more” , The Farewell of Jaime and Brienne, “Do you love me, Reek ?”

25. Only Your Sister Wrister
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

And for a show that has so many characters, so many storylines… I agree they have done a really great job making the intimate moments count with scenes involving just a couple characters. The sideways glances, unspoken words that actually enhance the sometimes lacking writing. Fantastic acting, good VFX and set design, all the little things that help one check out of this world and check into Martin’s. Stoked!

26. House Threepwood
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Everything with Tyrion,Tywin,Arya and the Hound is pure win.From the newcomers, Pedro Pascal as the Viper has been crushing it and i would say he’s almost the perfect depiction of Oberyn (if only he was just a little bit more creepy and vicious, but still he’s absolutely awesome).I’ve hated anything with Daario,the character is wasted for me at this point,the previous one was lame and the new one is just..there.I’m positively biased towards Emilia and Lena,but still.. some aspects of their characters are not handled very well me thinks, but it’s more due to writing problems it would seem.

27. Veltigar
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

Obviously, the return of Hot Pie is the highlight of this season! (no, I’m not kidding, Hot Pie is fucking awesome).

Tatum: No, please don’t kill me, Mr. Ghostface, I wanna be in the sequel! I heard they are going to cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron!

28. Jonathan
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

Slightly off-topic, but Pedro Pascal (Prince Oberyn) is doing a Reddit AMA right now! Maybe this will help with the wait for next Sunday?

29. Langas
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

I hadn’t realised until right now – in the “all the chickens” scene, Polliver falls to the ground after Arya strikes him, with his face down… and seconds later, he’s lying face up!

30. Almost A Knight
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

Tyrion’s trial is amazing. But the scene that surprisingly my top scene of the season so far was Oberyn and Tyrion scene in latest episode. It feels like Jaime’s bathtub confession scene. The action and reaction from Oberyn and Tyrion are almost on par with Jaime and Brienne’s in last season.

31. Dorne tootin'
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Episode 1: Tyrion and Oberyn’s conversation where he mentions “another woman”. Yeah, chills…

32. Kells
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Two Swords was rock solid, beginning to end. The fight at the inn was just an epic way for the episode to go out. Was nice to see Arya and Sandor bond in their mutual pent up anger.
    “If any more words come pouring out of your cunt mouth, I’m going to have to eat every chicken in this room.” Massive.
    Tyrion’s trial was brilliant. PD never fails. Truly. Even when chewing up scenery, he is solid.
    Tyrion and Oberyn was a thing of beauty. Pedro and Peter, both getting teary and weary. Shit, that is Emmy reel stuff for both of them.
    Loved seeing Sansa build her snow castle and her little smile when Petyr mentioned “What do we do to those who hurt the ones we love?”. We knew it was there, but it’s nice to see that vengeance in Sansas eyes, no matter how brief.
    The Hound telling Arya his story. Completely vulnerable and open and just wrecked. Seeing the glimmer of the Stark still underneath was great when Arya offered to help him.
    Jaime asking Brienne to find Sansa, and Arya if she is alive. The whole exchange was so refreshing and kinda sweet.
    Not a huge Daario.2 fan. Nothing wrong with the actor, Daario just doesn’t have much swagger and the character needs it.

33. amattei
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

so …winter is not comming?
    tonight.
    each season this happens
    are they short on $$$.

34. DonkeyTeeth
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

The best moment for me was definitely the Oberyn/Tyrion talk.

At least we got a bunch of funny tweets about not getting an episode tonight. I think these are my favorites:

35. Leo
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

So again they replace GoT with a gay drama movie..first Behind the Candelabara, now The Normal Heart.

Coincidence or conspiracy??

36. freoduwebbe
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

amattei:
    so …winter is not comming?
    tonight.
    each season this happens
    are they short on $$$.

In the US it’s a 4day weekend. Memorial Day weekend starts the summer beach season so many folks are away from their HBO.
    The 1st two years they had the shows and the ratings tanked. Last year they did a movie instead as well.
    It’s just to keep the counts up

37. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

Holy crap! Alex Graves rocks! The viper vs mountain fight was thrilling and gruesome. Tyrion and Cersei’s verbal spat had me rolling! Mole’s town was so fucking brutal, I had to close my eyes. Sansa became a frickin’ player tonight, especially when she discovered the White Walker hideout at the Eyrie! Roose rules but Ramsay held his own. And Reek, he might have stole the whole episode except for that massively stunning ending. Still in shock.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot what week it was for everyone else. Got to learn to control my time travel reactions better. Just wait….it’s gonna be good!

38. kavin
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

this show is never on when i am off

39. Daniellica
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 1:05 am | Permalink

Only Your Sister Wrister: Yes, not just Theon! (The most obvious)… The Stark kids are going through various forms to various degrees…. Even Bran’s arc has some to do with SS-accepting his “captor” and then climbing out of his “prison”… Maybe I’m reaching, but I feel like almost everybody has at one point dealt with the “prison around them”

At some point it is not Stockholm Syndrome anymore and becomes more of a Panopticon–a circular prison with a central tower from which hidden guards may or may not be watching, so you must always behave as if they are. This is most prevalent in a place like KL, where all the “little birds” of various origins are most likely paying attention. It is also a metaphor for the state of our modern world, wherein we alter our behavior, self-censor, self-promote, because of who may be watching. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, not to mention Reality TV, CCTV, the NSA, and all the other things very few seem to give much of a shit about–all of these things cast a central and nebulous gaze on us at nearly every moment, so we doctor our behavior to align less with who we are and more with what we think others want us to be, or how we wish to be perceived.

The spy network in KL is a nice analogue for this in pre-technological terms, and Sansa was a perfect example of someone forced to mime the expectations thrust upon her. She must now do the same, but on a much smaller scale.

Eh, sorry, this is a big topic for another place, I know. I’ll blame the Bastard and the Wrister and leave it at that. :)

40. brandon
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 2:59 am | Permalink

My favs.
    1.catapults launching at city with masters.
    2.the hound and the girl exacting revenge.
    3.nailing the masters to crosses.
    4.the Lancaster getting his champion,not the mountain.
    5.sword going through back of scumbag rapist head.

41. UnbowdUnbentedUnhodor
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 3:44 am | Permalink

To get my fix, im gunna do the 7 episode marathon just to get me through till next week

42. Only Your Sister Wrister
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 4:28 am | Permalink

Daniellica,

That is some shit! Thank you :) On a long drive tonight, I was just thinking about Orwell, and how the fuck he saw all of this back in Burma all those years ago. And my thoughts drifted to Bran/bloodraven… A thousand eyes and one.
    Interesting how Cersei has enjoyed the view from what she’s thought is this tower and even she is not immune. Enter: Religion. Which she, ironically, gave a new set of sharp teeth. Confess your sins!
    Before Facebook was even a thing, I had some trouble getting back into the states after having sent some incendiary mass emails following the 2004 election. (Try explaining that one to every European you meet, real time)… Anyway, this was confirmation of what I had been screaming about since first reading 1984, back in the late nineties. This panopticon you speak of… I have never heard the term, i will not soon forget it. thank you :) This is a topic that people from all sides of the political platonic solid can agree on. The “little birds” suck, and life would better without em. oh, and the Seven? Fuck the seven! when it comes to our current panopticon, might as well divide by five.

43. bristol
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 6:54 am | Permalink

1. Tyrion’s speech – “I should have let Stannis burn you all!” :)
    2. Tyrion and Oberyn in the cell
    3. Jojen’s vision- “You’ll know.”
    4. Joffrey’s death
    5. Arya and the Hound at the inn
    6. Moon door and snow castle
    7. Oberyn introduction
    8. Tywin and Tommen
    9. Dany at the gates of Meereen
    10. Drogon snatching the goat followed by the two Dany conversations

HM: Ramsay/Theon/Roose; Ramsay/Theon/Bathtub; Water dancing; Arya with the dying man; Tight hand-holding Lysa

44. Chris Bilewicz
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 7:07 am | Permalink

So just because America have memorial day this means that they dont want to put a tv show on in its normal slot?!?!?!
    Fuck the Americans!

45. Turncloak
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 7:40 am | Permalink

Boojam,

Emilia’s Valyrian sounded awful when she was sieging Mereen. Now Grey Worm sounds makes it sounds like he’s fluent in it.

46. Turncloak
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 7:42 am | Permalink

Chris Bilewicz,

It’s because of the ratings dip during Memorial Day break. HBO does not want to out its most successful show at a disadvantage when history has shown that Memorial Day cripples the ratings (example: Blackwater episode)

47. JDawg
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 9:32 am | Permalink

Fuck the US:
    Fucking US Assholes thinking anyone cares about their shit day celebrating the day every man in the US sucked a big fat cock.

48. Brodor
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 9:34 am | Permalink

JDawg,

LMAO

49. Faceless
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Lord of the Waters,

“You’re just a pink little man, who’s far too slow on the draw”. Is the correct quote, my friend :) Yes, I love Oberyn.

50. Duval
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Fuck the US,

That’s a bit harsh.

Also, the scene in which Yara attacks the Dreadfort is my favorite. Not because of the editing, but simply because Alfie Allen. Even stronger acting than the Tyrion-Oberyn scene, which I also loved.

51. Gary
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 10:09 am | Permalink

I haven’t watched live tv in years, I record everything and watch it when it’s convenient for me. Now I’ve got to wait another bloody week.

It’s the 21st century, time to change how tv shows are done when a huge amount of viewers can (and do) record shows to watch later.

Ratings are not representative of who watched what anymore and we shouldn’t still be held back just because a tv company thinks the number of people who watch something live are any real indicator of how popular a show is.

/grrrrr

52. Daniellica
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Gary: It’s so bloody annoying when tv companies postpone good tv series just to keep ratings numbers up.

It is mildly irritating, but I try to look at it as shaving 1 week off the 40-odd weeks of GoTlessness we will be facing in about a month. *sob*

But yes, damn them all for not catching onto the way everyone started watching everything a few years ago. Damn you, HBO, why can’t you get with it like the music industry did right after people starting sharing music online? …wait.

Chris Bilewicz: Fuck the Americans!

Yes, fuck them all! And GRRM and D&D, too! Who needs more show and more books, anyway! Not this guy! …..wait.

Only Your Sister Wrister: I was just thinking about Orwell, and how the fuck he saw all of this back in Burma all those years ago. And my thoughts drifted to Bran/bloodraven… A thousand eyes and one….

…This panopticon you speak of… I have never heard the term, i will not soon forget it. thank you :) This is a topic that people from all sides of the political platonic solid can agree on.

It was an actual prison design by Jeremy Bentham and popularized as a metaphor for modernity by Michel Foucault, something that just becomes more and more appropriate as we “progress.”

I know I have mentioned this on these boards before, but if you like Orwell, Huxley, Atwood, or any sci-fi dystopia, you should really read We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. I’d also recommend Nabokov’s Bend, Sinister. Both of them are reactions to Bolshevik Russia–fancy that!

Oh shit! We’re supposed to be reflecting on the season thus far? Haha.

I’ve emailed the editor here a couple of times either to request a thread to discuss the bigger ideas crisscrossed in ASOIAF/GoT or to volunteer to write it myself, but have never heard anything in return. Thus I get to pester everyone with my OT spewage whenever my brain overflows. Just so.

And the fact that the jail cell scene from last week was Pedro’s first as Oberyn still totally blows my mind.

53. Turncloak
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Besides The Red Viper vs The Mountain I’m super interested in The Moat Cailin scenes. Seriously hoping for Euron and/or Victorian name drops like in the books. We may also get Fake Arya this episode as well as an iconic Roose Bolton line.

Ramsay: He’s mine. You cannot have him.
    Roose: All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this … Reek … if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother.

54. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

If we get that line, I will jump for joy. Totally brutal, Roose. So many levels of evil in this series.

55. Tony
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Gary,

Thank you for voicing my thoughts! Especially true for HBO with dozens of reruns throughout the week and HBO GO…

56. Arthur
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Gary,

Hahaha!!!

My my my someone is pissed off HBO took their GoT away!

That’s funny man, I feel your pain…

Pretty amazing so many people get really pissed off about a TV show being postponed a week…

Goes to show we are like addicts that need our fix!

57. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

Anyone wonder how the CotF will appear to Bran & Co? Do you think they will save our favorite motley crew from wights (replacing the greatly missed CH) or will it be a passive introduction before they reach the great heart tree? To me, how the CotF appear is important. Will Leaf (Octavia) and her brethren appear as camouflaged figures from the trees to help Bran & Co, then the rest fade away as Leaf guides them to the cave? I hope we get something captivatingly supernatural before the ultimate greenseer, BR, is revealed.

Thoughts?

58. Only Your Sister Wrister
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Chris Bilewicz,

We usually get shit for not taking enough holiday. I can wait. Sooner it airs, sooner the season is over.

Turncloak,

Moat Cailyn looks fucking sick in the preview! And yeah, we may get a name drop or two that can give us a bit to work with for greyjoy casting speculation!

59. Only Your Sister Wrister
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Daniellica,

Speaking of not taking enough holiday, when I am off work today I will check out those links. Foucault is crazy, saw all of this centuries ago. What I remember most were his warnings to the US about centralized information.
    I have heard of WE, I will have to check it out. I had to give up on the dystopia thing years ago, so I could set the controls for the heart of the sun. (Which, btw, is the exact opposite of burying my head in the sand). I think I developed some undiagnosed ulcers that needed some heat to burn off.

Hodor’s Bastard,

. I’m still holding out for an augmented form of CH. A rider, possibly accompanying the COTF, who does the “dirty work”. Doesn’t need much or any introduction, just a mysterious figure who rolls with the children- and they will mostly be silent onlookers…then again, I’m also still holding out for an Arya wolfdream. Sigh…. One may hope!

60. WildSeed
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Top scenes so far:

1. Tyrion and Oberyn conversation in the cell(‘Mockingbird’)
    2. The Hound and Arya at the Inn(‘Two Swords’)
    3. Tyrion demands trial by combat(‘The Laws Of Gods And Men’)
    4. Purple Wedding’s final sequence(‘The Lion And The Rose’)
    5. Jaime gives Brienne Oathkeeper and their Farewell(‘Oathkeeper’)
    6. Bronn refuses to be Tyrion’s champion(‘Mockingbird’)
    7. Oberyn’s introduction(‘Two Swords’)

This list mirrors mine, although I couldn’t be more disappointed with the exclusion of the Castle Black scenes. I was really hoping that the script or Harington would uplift those scenes. I was really moved by Bronn’s candid conversation with Tyrion, and I didn’t see that coming. The book scene prepared me for it, however it was something else to witness the inflection onscreen. Kekilli’s performance deserves an honourable mention too.

61. WildSeed
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

The costuming is anyone’s guess, but they will be cast as children on the show. I suppose that is what most interpret as well ( not me ). I’m okay for whatever camouflage the wardrobe people dream of, just so we’re not looking at the Lollypop Guild ( Wizard of Oz ).

62. WildSeed
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

really hope this WiC/ fanSide SPAM filter gets improved soon. It’s a pain in the anus having to wait so long before viewing what babble was written . Jeez

63. WildSeed
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

I suppose my comment to Tyrion Pimpslap is being censored… ? what gives ? The comment editor function tab appears to not work, either. Oh well…. drat #$&*#!

64. Daniellica
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Only Your Sister Wrister,

Oh and if you want a modern take, I recently read The Circle by Dave Eggars, which was hilarious but not hilarious because it is so completely possible. It’s about a corporation that’s like Apple + Microsoft + Google + Facebook, taking our current state of things to their extreme where NOT sharing everything you do is considered “stealing” from everyone else, and on and on. Great, quick read.

65. Greatjon of Slumber
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

Top scenes so far:

1. Tyrion/Oberyn (Mockingbird)
    2. The entire end of The Lion and the Rose
    3. Tyrion’s “This whole courtroom is out of order!” (The Laws of Gods and Men)
    4. The Hound tells Arya about his brother (Mockingbird)
    5. Snow Castle and the entire end of Mockingbird
    6. Hound/Arya fight (Two Swords), particularly the way the camera swirls to the ground when the Hound punches Polliver in the face
    7. Selyse looks in the mirror at herself after looking at how beautiful Melisandre is (Mockingbird)
    8. Hodor’s “Hodor?” horror at killing Locke (seriously, so underrated, Kristian Nairn is – from First of His Name)
    9. Yara’s crestfallen face when she sees what her brother has come (The Laws of Gods and Men)
    10. “Do you love me, Reek?” (Laws of Gods and Men)

(Honorable mentions: The White Walker reveal, the Locke/Ramsey conversation, the melting down of Ice, Jaime and Tywin in Mockingbird, “All over the world, people hurt little girls”; Davos convinces the Iron Bank; Davos and Salla: “You are not my friend, my friend”; Jaime’s goodbye to Brienne, Tyrion’s goodbye to Bronn and his earlier goodbye to Podrick)

66. Sister Wrister
    Posted May 26, 2014 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

Greatjon of Slumber,

Yes! Your honorable mention for Tyrion’s goodbye to Podrick is well received. I thought that was a damn fine moment, kinda had me gettin emotional.

67. SteveInSD
    Posted May 28, 2014 at 2:17 am | Permalink

JDawg, Sounds pissed off, must have accidently watched the gay movie thinking it was GoT. ;)

68. Lannistergal
    Posted May 28, 2014 at 8:10 am | Permalink

Chris Bilewicz:
    Fuck the Americans!

lol even tho Im pretty much anti American I actually dont mind GoT not being on this week. ‘The Normal Heart’ was amazing!

on topic