Sean Bean wants to return to Game of Thrones
By Ours is the Fury on in Interview, Speculation.

Ned StarkIf Game of Thrones decides to make it happen, there could be a return to Westeros in the cards for Sean Bean. But how would that be possible, with Ned Stark’s noble head removed at the end of season one?

In a new interview with Vulture, Sean Bean talks about the possibility of coming back to the show to resolve unfinished business with a few of Game of Thrones‘ main characters.

The discussion contains major spoilers explaining how Bean could appear and why, so viewers who haven’t read the books should proceed with caution!

Vulture brings up the possibility of Bean returning to appear in a flashback via the heart tree system. In A Dance with Dragons, Bran further develops his mystical abilities and is able to look into the past by connecting with the heart trees across Westeros. This includes the heart tree in the godswood at Winterfell, which his father often visited.

GodswoodWhen connecting with the heart tree, Bran experiences a series of visions, and sees a younger version of Ned Stark praying, with his words hinting that Jon Snow isn’t his son.

Since Bran finally met the Three-Eyed Raven at the end of season four, it’s possible the show may include this scene.

Bean was enthusiastic about the idea of appearing in Bran’s flashback vision to Vulture, saying, “Oh, yeah, yeah! And I’m his father, so that would be great fun! Just to go back to that for a while, it would be such fun to do. It would be great! It would be bizarre, but it would be great! So I guess if they’re going to do flashbacks, then yeah!”

He also noted, “And that should happen, shouldn’t it? I’ve definitely got some unfinished business that needs to be resolved there. I’m obviously not Jon Snow’s dad. And you need that to be revealed at some point, don’t you? So Bran would kind of be the one having the flashback, and he would see Ned praying, right? And revealing those things? You never know what those guys are going to do with that. It’s got to be something special. But I’m into that. I certainly would be into that. Print that! Give them a nudge. Hopefully I’ll get a call soon.”

Ours is the Fury: Your move, Benioff and Weiss. Bean’s up for it, and I think most of the ASOIAF readers would love to see Ned appearing in the vision to reveal the long-held secret.

1. jentario
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Hopefully D&D don’t miss out on this opportunity

2. Gatehouse Ami
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Shit Christmas!

3. TheNorthRemembers
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

I love that somebody like Bean is so enthusiastic about the show and its characters and plots, even years after leaving.

4. DrunkenJester
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Yes please.

5. Luis Alfonso Rojas
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Ok, this is the first time I will ever post in WiC.net (after 4 years of lurking around). So I just can say:
    D and D, PLEASE make this happen! We all would enjoy it so much.

6. Hugo Viegas
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

7. Judge_Dredd
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

It would be terrific to see Bean come back to fill out the story via Bran’s flashbacks. I’m amazed that Bean not only wants to return to the role, but that he has still has a connection to Ned’s sub-plot that the showrunners haven’t picked up in so long.

8. King DBC
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Please, please bring him back for cameos and not just use stock footage.

9. crispy
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Wow, what if the show solved the mystery of Jon Snow’s lineage before the books did? That would be interesting.

10. Sansa Bird
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Yes please!!

11. Mostafa Haque
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

*Plot-twist: Undead Sean Bean takes over his wife’s role as Lord Stonehead, the headless wolf.

12. winnie
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

I cannot tell how much I would love that. It does seem increasingly like the show might do the Big Reveal before the books. Remember the look Mel gave Jon? O can see d&d wanting to get that bomb off because it might play an ENORMOUS role on what’s to come in Seasons 6 and 7. Its definitely a complete game changer and I can’t decide whose reactions I’d love more-the Unsullied or everyone else in Westeros especially the Lannisters. Kinda sad we won’t get a reaction from T ywin.

13. Turncloak
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Make it happen D&D I want the Tower of Joy flashback! I also want to see Sean Bean in the flashback when Davos Seaworth is questioned “the only thing certain in life is winter”.

14. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Yes please!!!!!

I would also love if Jon’s parentage got spoiled. Everyone already knows anyways.

15. RBloodworth
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

At this point, R+L=J is so generally accepted by everyone as being true that I wouldn’t put it past GRRM to refute it just to be a contrarian.

16. dan
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

if i were the shows directors i would go a step further and film the flashback scene of Ned going to the tower that held his sister. Show the fight scene and what happened to everyone. that would be awesome.

17. JRR Tzolkin
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

Well, this particular series of flashbacks is SO integral to Bran’s character development that IMO it’d be impossible not to bring Ned back.

And now that Sean Bean’s confirmed that he’s up to it, I think it’s pretty much a given. I can only hope that I’m not wrong.

18. Sunfyre
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

Yes! Tower of Joy please. Make it like something out of a Sergio Leone film. Could be so iconic and amazing.

19. jentario
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

dan,

That would be the best. GRRM’s and Westeros’s reaction would be delicious. My first thought would be that there’s no chance, but then I remembered the White Walker scene in season 4 which is pretty much the same thing! Fingers crossed

20. patchface
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

I agree that we could use a Ned flashback, but if we see the Tower of Joy, shouldn’t Ned be recast with a younger actor?

21. spacechampion
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

RBloodworth:

Fortunately GRRM has said he won’t change things just because fans might have put together the pieces right.

22. Mister Stoneheart
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

I agree to a Ned flashback only if we can have LADY STONEHEART who, you know, is actually in the series.

Season 5: the Starks are back.

23. Sam
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Put me down as another supporter of this idea.

Also, I’m not sure there are really spoilers in this interview. We’ve already seen Bran touch a heart tree and see Ned wiping his sword, and Ned in the dungeon of the Red Keep, and the wintry Iron Throne, etc.

24. Hoyti_Von_Totiy
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Since Season 5 is going to be AFFC filler it would be nice to see Ned to remind us of the greatness of Season 1.

Make it so! Bring him back!

25. Troublesome Birdsong
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Sam

Isn’t the spoiler where he specifically says, “I’m obviously not Jon Snow’s dad.”

26. Sam
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Troublesome Birdsong,

That’s only a “spoiler” if we just accept that universally-accepted fan theories are obviously true.

27. Nedhead
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Imagine this final scene: Bran has a vision of his father praying. We cut to the an epic fight scene at the Tower of Joy. Ned and Howland barely survive. Ned runs up the tower and finds his sister with little Jon Snow. We cut back to Bran realizing what he just saw. End of episode. Roll credits.

28. Tulacastrej
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Plus they will need him for Jamie’s nightmare/allucination.

29. Sam
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Though I guess if people want to avoid all speculation, then yeah, this counts.

30. NedsHead
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Make it happen somebody! And if we’re going for guest appearances of dead Starks, I can think of another that needs including ;)

31. Hamilton
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Let’s start a twitter campaing!

32. Rygar
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Why not recast him with Conan Stevens for dirt cheap?

33. Monica
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

34. theonetruebastard
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

well there you have it from the fathers mouth himself……….long confiming what we already believed lol……i think thats awesome that even ned stark KNOWS hes not JONS father……..R+L=J….THE NORTH REMEMBERS

35. wargsareawesome
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

MAKE IT HAPPEN, D & D! CHOP CHOP

36. Raquel 'Lally' Ramos
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

That would be awesome… If they have a flash back like that then would they add the knight? Who would that be?

37. Amnesiac
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

I loved that scene when I read it in Dance. Gave me goosebumps.

So would love for it to be included in the show.

38. Winnie
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Nedhead,

All over the world people’s minds will be blown…also since Bran can communicate via weir wood, I can see him letting a few key people in on the secret like for instance Sansa.

39. Steve Oakheart
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

If I was HBO I would do a whole season of flashbacks and have Sean Bean come back in the lead role again to tie up some loose ends. Then we could get Robert’s Rebellion, Jon Snow’s real mother etc. This would also allow GRRM more time to finish the last book in the series.

40. Rygar
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Refresh my memory but how does Ned’s words hint that Jon is not his son in Brans vision? I don’t recall anything said that would lead anyone to assume otherwise.

41. shay
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Theon had a dream where he’s in a feast with all the people he knew from Winterfell that died.

42. jentario
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

As far as I remember he just rambled on about hoping that Jon gets along with his other kids. Maybe the way it was worded implied that Jon wasn’t one of his kids… It certainly fits R+L=J though.

43. sjwenings
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

This HAS to happen. TOJ could be done with a younger actor, but i really hope we get SB by the heart tree

44. Rygar
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Never mind I looked it up. It doesn’t hint at anything that hasn’t been alllude to already. Namely that Jon is a bastard and Ned has guilt.

45. outdoorcats
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

Steve Oakheart,

If they did all those flashbacks, I don’t see how they could use Sean Bean in them. He’s 56. Here’s a photo of him when he was young:

46. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

He prays that Jon and Robb would be able to grow up “as though they were brothers.” That confirms nothing, but could certainly be seen by some as proof that Jon isn’t Ned’s son. The thinking being, that if Jon was truly Ned’s son, he and Robb would actually be brothers, and Ned wouldn’t need to pray to let them grow up as so. But, it could just be that, as a bastard, Ned was worried about Jon not being accepted. It’s ambiguous, as was GRRM’s intention. Still, Jon not being Ned’s son is a near certainty, IMO.

47. LordSnow
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

He says (Let them grow up close as brothers with only love between them) he’s talking about Jon and Rob.

48. titans bastard
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

Hodor & Lyanna =Jon

49. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

outdoorcats,

If they ever reveal Jon’s parentage on the show, and it turns out that he is Rhaegar and Lyanna’s son, and that plays an important role in the story, then a Tower Of Joy flashback is the perfect way to reveal it. It would only be one scene, so they would not be casting Arthur Dayne,Gerold Hightower,Oswell Whent, and Lyanna Stark for more than a brief cameo appearance. Howland Reed would be the only character that could be recurring.

50. settingthefactsstraight
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

outdoorcats,

Supposedly the sixth book is supposed to be about the past and reveal what really happened during the rebellion with Robert, Ned, Lyanna, Rhaegar, the Lannisters and everything. It’s to set up who the three dragons are. And the seventh book ( supposedly the final one in the series though GRRM has hinted that if he can’t wrap up the series in 7th book he’ll do an 8th one but no more than that) will be about the final epic battle

51. Strider
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    dan,

It would be the BEST THING EVAH!

They skipped Ned’s ToJ dreams from GoT, so who knows?! Maybe they’ve always planned to fill in Bran’s storyline like this since his is the thinnest one now.

Also, in retrospect, Isaac talked excitedly with a reporter about a tower in the South of Westeros scene about 4 mo ago. Put this together with Sean Bean’s interview and I’m 99% convinced they’ll do something with this. How much they’ll show though, I’m not entirely sure.

52. Turncloak
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Winnie:
    Nedhead,

53. Myrish Swamp Thing
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

I must be the only ASOIAF who doesn’t care about the Tower of Joy, and hopes D+D skip the whole Jon’s parentage deal. Oh well, everyone has opinions.

54. jentario
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Strider,

Don’t be so positive, we were positive about LS once :(

55. jentario
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Myrish Swamp Thing,

If it’s important to the end game they’ll keep it.

56. Strider
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Hahaha why would I want to lose or diminish my joy at the huge possibility (huge!) that something good that I like might happen?

Oh, yes. So I won’t be disappointed or have others take a piss out of my joy. Pfft I’m stronger than that, much stronger ;) #PositivityFTW

Plus, the reporter DID say Tower in the South of Westeros. I’m sure I can find the article.

57. Zack
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN

Is Bran limited to things happening in the vicinity of a heart tree? I don’t suppose GRRM would’ve noted that he’s the only known warg capable of capturing a human for no reason. Maybe he’ll be able to eventually see through the eyes of crows and other such creatures, and we could get a flash of ToJ like that.

58. jentario
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Zack,

They could always have a Heart Tree growing in the Tower of Joy, for convenience.

59. Greatjon of Slumber
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

outdoorcats: He looks quite different now! In an improved way, I have to say. If they brought back Sean Bean, it would have to be a more ‘recent’ flashback…the one from the books, him praying in front of a heart tree, is fine. No need for all the flashbacks, which would completely break the show’s already-strained-to-the-limit casting budget. Young Ned/Robert? Lyanna? Rhaegar? Howland Reed? Arthur Dayne? Come on. I’d love to see it too, but realistically this isn’t going to happen – unless they make a prequel miniseries or something.

I’m with this too. A more recent flashback – praying by the heart tree, or, say, a made-up flashback of Ned introducing his new ward, Theon Greyjoy, to his wife, perhaps. But the 25-year-old Ned at the TOJ is too much a stretch.

If you don’t agree, go back and watch the scenes in the movie Kinsey where Liam Neeson plays a 25-30-ish Kinsey next to his “father” John Lithgow….they’re patently ridiculous.

60. Robin Moss
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Zack: I don’t suppose GRRM would’ve noted that he’s the only known warg capable of capturing a human for no reason. Maybe he’ll be able to eventually see through the eyes of crows and other such creatures, and we could get a flash of ToJ like that.

61. Joan
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Sean Bean and Isaac are working in the new film Caesar.
    Maybe they can take a time off and film a scene together. :)

62. Winnie
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

Also one argument for letting the show get ahead of the books on this one, is that since it’s looking like Martin’s gonna have to go to eight books (AT LEAST) to wind this whole thing down, and D&D are clearly locked into seven seasons they’re obviously gonna have to do things a little bit quicker here. Everyone in readerland already knows the truth and we’re all impatient to have this old bomb go off already so we can see the implications throughout Westeros.

One reason, I thought Bran might alert Sansa first before Arya, (though the latter was closer to JOn,) is right now with Sansa in Westeros, and possibly about to take control of the Vale army she’s in a much better position to help him at present-and she’d be willing to if only to fuck things up for Cersei and the Lannisters as much as possible. “Hey everybody, I’ve got a guy with a much MUCH better claim to the IT, than all the rest of you, right here!”

It’s also a revelation that besides changing the boardgame in Westeros completely also makes you retroactively change your opinion of Ned. No he didn’t cheat on his wife he was simply doing right by his sister and her child. So there. And I could see it blowing the minds of a lot of people to know that Ned of all people managed to keep something so explosive completely buried all these years in comparison to Cersei/Jaime who really weren’t that careful about their little secret at all.

And if Dany makes it to Westeros sooner on the show than in the books, (again very likely,) that’s yet another reason for Jon’s heritage to be talked about so he can prove it vis a vis the dragons.

63. Ser Florian
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Zack:
    Is Bran limited to things happening in the vicinity of a heart tree?

IIRC, Bloodraven/3EC tells Bran that, although he is limited to the Heart trees or Weirwoods at first, he will eventually be able to see through the eyes of any living creature. Or something along those lines. I think it would only be relevant to trees though, for flashbacks… What with trees staying in the same place for 100s of years. Or the Weirwoods having the whole past/present/future as a single moment or whatever.

64. Ser Florian
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Robin Moss: I thought Varamyr Sixskins was quite confident he’d be able to warg into his Spearwife companion in the ADwD prologue? He was dying and wanted to put his consciousness into her for his ‘second life’, but failed. The implication was that his act was a horrific ‘sin’, but not an unheard of ability, IIRC

I always thought that it was the ease by which Bran could warg into Hodor, despite being relatively new to his warging abilities, that was important. Whereas, it was something a big task for Varamyr, with the spearwife putting up a lot of resistance to it.

65. Sheriff Bullock
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Make it happen!

66. Joe Frost
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Still want a Robert’s Rebellion film/series but Sean Bean in a couple of flashbacks would be alright…although still not certain if that’s a great route to take but I guess Bran needs something to do next season!

67. RBloodworth
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Greatjon of Slumber,

Precisely. There is no de-aging technique currently in existence that could realistically pass Sean Bean off as a man in his mid-20s. Remember the episode of Breaking Bad that flashed back to Gus Fring’s unfortunate encounter with the Mexican drug cartel in the 1980s? They put so much putty on poor Giancarlo Esposito’s face that it looked as if he was about to suffocate (either that, or he was auditioning for the role of Clayface in the next Batman adaptation). It was distractingly awful.

68. JohnnySD
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

RBloodworth: ower of Joy flashback! I also want to see Sean Bean in the flashback when Davos Seaworth is questioned “the only thing certain in life is winte

Jordan did it with Demandred, so it’s possible.

Actually, they almost HAVE to bring Sean back if Jon’s lineage is important, would probably be 3-4 scenes including the Tower Of Joy

69. strokememarge
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

I have long said we need a prequel season, covering Robert’s Rebellion and Bran’s tree seer ability would make it happen. The show could take a one year hiatus between six and seven/eight and HBO could do a limited 12 episode prequel mini-series. My opinion is that a mini-series is better than extensive flashbacks which would eat up valuable screen time. Therefore the prequel season starts off with Bran seeing a past event, like opening the pages of a book. The first episode would cover the Knight of the Laughing Tree, and Meera could jump start Bran’s effort to see this past event.
    Some of the actors from GoT could play the younger versions of the older generation. I am sure lots of power actors would jump at the opportunity to star in a one shot season GoT mini-series (think TD). Plus D&D could take a long deserved break for a year and HBO could hire big guns to create the prequel, Bryan Cogman and GRRM would, I am sure, provide their talents.
    The pre production process would have to start immediately after completion of season five production though. The good thing here is that the crews would be available while season six is filming to prepare for a prequel. Many of the sets and props are existing. I even could see some of the current actors working behind the camera on the mini-series.

MAKE IT HAPPEN HBO.

70. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

No flashbacks = more exposition = tedious GoT

Bring on the flashbacks and the wolf dreams! Fuck the Loras BS…bring us more virtual Bran, Arya and Jon.

After this spoilery article (and others recently), I am never using spoiler tags again! LS shall rise! R+L=J! Another Blackfyre Rebellion is looming! Jon and Mance aren’t dead! Penny is on the loose! Victarion will survive! Val is not who she seems! Where is Gregor’s head? Rhaegal is gay!

71. Easteros Bunny
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

If D&D left out stone heart, no way will they bring back the bean.

72. Sunfyre
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

strokememarge,

Put Cogman in charge of a prequel miniseries. He would knock something like that out of the park. Will it ever happen? Probably not.

73. Jssc Stnhrt
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Yes, yes, yes! Bean’s enthusiasm makes me like him even more… I wouldn’t have thought that was possible! Mr Bean, in case you read it: I guess I’m not the only one who’d like to see you again in Westeros!

74. Scott Glennon
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

*Sigh* …I could do it…*raises hand to volunteer*

The North Remembers.

75. Zack
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

Yes, you are indeed correct. I was remembering a line from Jojen to Bran, but Jojen wouldn’t know about Varamyr.

Ser Florian,

I love that! I suppose the simplest answer would be to write ToJ near a heart tree. That would make for some gorgeous imagery too. That battle at sunset.

I hope it’s included. I’m sure the actors would knock it out of the park.

76. Hizdahr Zo Loraq for President
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

I actually got chills reading this. That would be so awesome to bring Sean as Ned back for a scene or two.

77. Ser Pounce
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

I still believe Jons mom is Ashara Dayne and his dad is either Brandon or Benjen.

78. DocWimsey
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

Between makeup and CGI, it would be trivially easy to make Bean look substantially younger. Taking 30 years off of someone is childs’ play next to generating a dragon!
    outdoorcats,

outdoorcats,

outdoorcats: cast

79. DocWimsey
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Except that we know that Ashara Dayne didn’t have a son….
    Ser Pounce,

Ser Pounce:

Ser Pounce:

80. Ser Pounce
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

DocWimsey,

How do you know if Ashara had a daughter. Its only a rumor in the books her kid died and she killed herself afterwards. so your argument is invalid rumors in ASOIAF are just rumors.

81. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Ser Pounce,

The show has never even mentioned Ashara Dayne, yet Rhaegar is mentioned quite frequently, as well as what happened with Lyanna. I think D&D have tipped their hands with this, always bringing up that GRRM asked them who Jon’s mom was, and that they got it right. If it is ever revealed who it is, it would surely have been foreshadowed by now, which hasn’t happened with Ashara Dayne.

82. Ser Pounce
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

They haven’t talked about Ashara Dayne on the show but I think characters from Dorne will be talking about her or maybe Barristan who probably has a secret shrine dedicated to her in his closet lol.

83. Turncloak
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

I was hoping for Ashara Dayne but GRRM gave a spoiler to a certain fan and I’m confident the spoiler was about Jon’s parents. The fan posted a spoilery art drawing(Rhaegar at the Tourney of Harrenhall giving Lyanna a blue Rose) alluding to Jon’s parentage. I wouldn’t have a problem with this if I didn’t know that GRRM gave that fan a spoiler. Oh well, it was all but confirmed anyway but that was the final nail in the coffin for me for my hopes of Ashara and Ned

84. Turncloak
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

There’s a certain fan on the internet that was told a spoiler by GRRM. I’m confident Jon’s parentage was the spoiler. And from that fans tweets along with the obvious evidence in the book, I’m confident that Jon’s parents are Rhaegar and Lyanna.

85. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

So am I. There is too much smoke for there not to be fire…and blood.

86. Khal James, Breaker of Beers
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

I’m aroused.

87. Steve
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

Well, for my money he just confirmed it, because we know for a fact that Martin told him important information in regards to Jon Snow. So…yeah…damn.

88. chamush
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

that would be great!!! but I honestly don’t think they’re going to do that I just don’t think they’re that nice!!!

89. Sister Wrister
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

Ser Pounce,

If you are indeed serious, can you give a single reason why you “believe” this?

90. Maester Blaster
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 11:30 pm | Permalink

GOT has a strict no flashbacks rule but dreams and visions are fair game!

On another note I am reminded of the rumor that some actors were told a secret that only their character knew to give them some meat for emotional subtext. We no evidence for this except CVH’s slip that Melisandre is four hundred years old. Could this be more than speculation from Bean? Could he know? Just look at Sean Bean’s face during his last scene with Kit when he calls him “his blood” but not his son and promises to tell him who his mother is.

91. JHYDE
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 11:30 pm | Permalink

Brilliant! I’d love to see that happen! Seeing the flashbacks would add a lot of depth to the books, entertain the audiences, and buy time. Perfect.

Steve Oakheart,

92. Boromir
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:02 am | Permalink

MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

That is all.

93. KG
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:05 am | Permalink

I’m all for it :D And I’m against everything!

94. Morna the Witch
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:28 am | Permalink

Maester Blaster

Even his discomfort at telling Robert that “Wylla” was Jon’s mother makes me wonder how informed Sean’s performance was by the writers :) show Ned’s discomfort at answering the question was palpable.

In a SoS Arya chapter, she meets Ned Dayne, who tells her that he was told that him and Jon were milk brothers, and that Wylla was their wet nurse. So if this is true, why does Ned say she’s Jon’s mother? Either Ned Dayne was misinformed or Ned Stark was lying. It is another one of those ambiguous clues.

I am all for a prequel mini series, but flash backs would be welcomed if they never went down the other road.

95. House Mormont
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:39 am | Permalink

Maester Blaster,

MELISANDRE IS 400 YEARS OLD? Wow that fire made flesh

Also guys Varamyr couldn’t warg a person, he was confident about it because he’s six skins, the master warg, but remember when he tries to go into thistle she starts tearing at her face and kills herself… leaving him in his wolf second life

96. Maester Blaster
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:50 am | Permalink

House Mormont,

Dude, I put that in spoiler tags for a reason. This is a book spoiler / speculation thread but that is a FUTURE book spoiler. As much as I don’t mind spoilers Van Houton should have kept her mouth shut on that one, and we should be careful too,

97. outdoorcats
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:58 am | Permalink

DocWimsey,

No, it’s not, it’s something no movie or TV show has ever successfully done–ever. Give me one counter example, just one.

98. Kristin Jeveli
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:58 am | Permalink

Considering that it was respect for Sean Bean’s acting ability — from Fellowship of the Ring, Equilibrium, and Troy to name a few — that got me to first give GoT a try, I’d think it fitting if Bean returned. I have since devoured all the books (so far), of course, sci-fi & fantasy bookworm that I am, but I admit it was Bean loaning the series his pedigree that got me thinking, “Ok, so maybe this dwon’t be cheesy and get cancelled after 1 season.” Imagine my horror when he lost his head; I nearly lost mibe! But by then I was too hooked to stop watching/reading/stalking all things ASOIAF.

99. Kristin Jeveli
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 1:03 am | Permalink

Kristin Jeveli,

*won’t, *mine… Forgive the type-o’s. There was champagne at the playhouse tonight. He he hiccup!

100. Chad Brick
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 1:04 am | Permalink

Maester Blaster,

“I have been hoping for this for years. Why should a character like Howland Reed, who readers know only from stories and have little emotional connection to, get such a major reveal? As soon as we were told Bran could see the past I hoped we would get the truth of R+L=J straight from the source.”

Well, unless Howland Reed is the High Sparrow, in which case he is one of the most awesome characters in the book. In any case, having Bran be the reveal might bring the news to us readers/watchers, but not to Westeros! One reason I like the HR=HS theory is precisely because it provides a plausible mechanism for RLJ to become accepted. Until I encountered HR=HS, I was always bothered by the fact that whether or not RLJ was true would be irrelevant without evidence and strong backers of said evidence.

101. Maester Blaster
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 1:36 am | Permalink

Chad Brick,

I agree having Howland Reed be the High Sparrow would be awesome. My only argument with it would be the idea of a Northman posing as a Septon on the Faith, seems kind of hypocritical and underhanded for such an honorable character. Having him reveal the truth to the masses is a great idea, but Bran and the reader should get the reveal from Ned. As much as Howland Reed has grown in the minds of fans to be this ultimate badass, he has had exactly zero seconds “on screen” in the books. As a reader I have a hard time getting emotionally invested in new characters, especially with so many old ones dieing, and it just doesn’t feel like Howland Reed has earned this big of a plot point. Imagine a scene with Ned, the most honest character in the story, finally confessing his big lie that he can’t tell anyone but his gods, the lie that’s the one thing keeping his guard up around Kat, the one person he wishes he could be truly intimate and vulnerable with. The lie that is hurting her and Jon and driving a wedge between them. Imagine Ned’s stoic demeanor cracking open and the pathos pouring out, giving him the resolution to his emotional arc he never got because of his untimely death. Howland Reeds shouting the truth to the throngs of Kings Landing might be epic, but it just can’t compare, I know nothing but if it happens I hope it happens after we get the reveal from Ned to Bran, and from Bran to Jon.

102. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 1:43 am | Permalink

Turncloak: Sansa does not like Jon(Thank Catelyn for that). I could see him telling Arya though

Sansa doesn’t dislike Jon. She thinks of him as a bastard once. That’s it. We don’t really see them interact at all but there’s no evidence of any animosity between them in either the books or the show.

103. Turncloak
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 1:49 am | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

He missed the girls too, even Sansa, who never called him anything but “my half brother” since she was old enough to understand what bastard meant.
    - Jon Snow

That’s what Jon thinks of Sansa. Let’s just say it’s not the best brother sister relationship around

104. Grace
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 1:56 am | Permalink

Turncloak,

In her last chapter in AFFC, she regretted how she treated him & that he’s the only brother she has left now. I think she might even day she loves him. But she didn’t hate him, she just looked down on him because of Cat.

105. Chad Brick
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 2:06 am | Permalink

Maester Blaster,

I wouldn’t be surprised if RLJ is revealed to readers/watchers through Bran, but that still leaves a reveal to Westeros completely open. I can’t see a good mechanism by which Bran gaining this knowledge translates into it mattering on the ground. HR=HS provides that, and there is an uncanny amount of evidence that lines up with this theory. It is certainly one of the better ones.

I suppose you could have Bran pass this information to Jon, but then there would also need to be some sort of nearly incontrovertible physical proof as well. Who is going to believe Jon saying “Hey, I have a strong claim on the throne” if he can’t back it up?

106. Walder Wight
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 2:06 am | Permalink

I know it’ll never happen, but I really hope they bring him back for Cersei’s Walk of Shame. Along with Mark Addy, Jack Gleeson, Charles Dance, and Lady.

107. loco73
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 2:47 am | Permalink

I would love to see Sean Bean on the show again, even if it is in a flashback scene. If this moves things on the show into the direction of revealing Jon’s parentage, as beings half-Stark and half-Targaryen, i.e. the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, and as such half-nephew (?!) to Dany…would be awesome…its becoming pretty clear that Jon is the other head of the Targaryen dragon, Dany heard off in the prophecy and the reason Melisandre is drawn to Jon…

Oberyn already hinted towards this plotline developing when at the beginning of Season Four he told to Tyrion that Rhaegar “ran off with another woman”. This will finally make it clear what a sacrifice Ned accepted on behalf of his sister Lyanna (who died giving birth to Jon…and not because she was kidnapped by Rhaegar but because she was the woman who he ran away with, because she was in love with him and was carrying his child), and how he protected Jon from Robert Baratheon’s wrath (and everyone else in Westeros for that matter)!

I hope they manage to work Sean Bean into the show somehow…

108. Chickenduck
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 2:54 am | Permalink

House Mormont:
    Maester Blaster,

MELISANDRE IS 400 YEARS OLD?

She might well be. I came to the assumption long ago that Melisandre is a fire zombie, same as Beric, Stoneheart and (soon) Jon. Based on what she said in her ADWD chapter.

109. Ser Dosser
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 3:06 am | Permalink

If they bring Ned back for season 5, i forgive them for ruining Jamie´s character by making him a rapist and pushing the white book away like it´s trash before banging his sister in the last episode.

110. Ser Pounce
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 3:21 am | Permalink

Ser Dosser,

Well Jaime bangs his sister and he threw a little kid out of a window for her. I don’t think he gives two shits about the kingsguard book.

111. Dolorous Ned
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 4:43 am | Permalink

Ser Pounce,

Except he stops banging her in the books and tries to regain his honor and stick to his kingsguard vows. The show threw all that out of he window. I loved season 4, but the Cersei-Jaime relationship was its one major misstep.

112. Ser Dosser
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 5:12 am | Permalink

Ser Pounce:
    Ser Dosser,

Dolorous Ned:
    Ser Pounce,

Ditto. In the books he has a redemption arc, but in the show he is still a two faced shit.

113. TheBerylfly
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 5:51 am | Permalink

I always figured the big parentage reveal (not just hinting but outright confirmation) would be done via Howland, but whatever by now I just want it to be truly epic both in the books and the show

114. Ser Pounce
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 6:15 am | Permalink

Ser Dosser,

It is comedy when people think Jaime is on a Jesus like redemption arc. He is still a two faced shit. the only reason he doesn’t want to have sex with cersei anymore is because he’s butthurt she cheated on him, not because he doesn’t want to break his vows. some of you make it sound like he is really a good guy now and lets all forget he tried to murder a 10 year old kid, get out of here with the redemption arc bullshit.

115. Ser Dosser
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 6:31 am | Permalink

Ser Pounce:
    Ser Dosser,

That 10-year old was a peeping pervert and he got it coming.

Jamie saved 500.000 people if thats not Jesus material what is?

116. Ser Pounce
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 6:51 am | Permalink

Ser Dosser,

Yeah he had time to save Kings Landing but gave zero effort to go see if Elia and her kids weren’t being slaughtered by the mountain. I’m sure he wanted Rhaegars wife and kids to be killed because he wasn’t invited to go with the other kingsguard members to play knight.

117. Caliope
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 9:06 am | Permalink

YES, PLEASEEEE!! That sounds GREAT!!!
    Season 5, Jon’s dreams in The Wall with Ned and Winterfell… :)))

118. Jenna
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Please make it happen! I would love to see Ned in the next session of GOT:)

119. Rygar
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Ser Dosser:

His redemption arc in the books is poorly written and quite honestly unconvincingly out of character IMO. It never made sense to me that he would just turn the tide like that. I feel that the show is more realistic with Jaimes arc because it is less fantastical and plays on natural human emotion.

120. Dame of Mercia
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 10:25 am | Permalink

I’m not sure if they will do a “Robert’s Rebellion” flashback, but if they did could Sean Bean play Ned’s Dad (the one who was killed by the Mad King)?

121. Strider
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 10:30 am | Permalink

outdoorcats:
    DocWimsey,

Behind the Candelabra. Matt Damon (42 yrs old) plays a character that goes from 17 to 28. The whole movie. It’s an HBO one too. (Don’t even want to mention Michael Douglass). I’m quite sure he and the make up artists and effects crew pulled it off more or less. I thought so, most fans did and so did the majority of the critics.

It was an HBO production too, I think. There’s more I’m sure, but you only wanted one, just one.

122. Isabelle
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Woah. That would be brilliant!!!

123. jentario
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 11:42 am | Permalink

Dame of Mercia,

They could use the GOT cast for all the major roles. For instance, Richard Madden as young Ned, Joe Demosie as young Robert, Sophie Turner as Cat, Maisie Williams as Lyanna (if they manage to make her super pretty when she’s older which I think should be possible)… Could be great

124. Strider
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Here, here Mr. Snow! Martin better deliver!

Rhaegar gay you think? JonCon should have some damn good flashbacks! I’m voting bi. R+L still needs to be true love AND equal J! It just HAS to or I’ll riot and start rooting again for A+N=J, dammit lol.

125. outdoorcats
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Strider,

The difference is that Matt Damon still looks reasonably like a very young man, he’s baby-faced. All they did in BtC is put a wig on him. People still complained he looked too old for the role. No such luck with Sean (no disrespect to him, he seems to look better with age–just not younger). You really want to see them go the ‘putty’ route, or–worse–CGI, rather than just get a new actor who looks reasonably like a young Sean?

126. jentario
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

outdoorcats,

For the tree scene, they can definitely use Sean Bean and say that it happened a couple of years before season 1.

It won’t work with the ToJ, though. I assume they’d have to cast a young lookalike for that.

127. Strider
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

outdoorcats,

You should have specified then that you want an example of a successful de-aging, where the actor is not what you think “baby-faced” (I don’t) and where successful really means absolute consensus that the actor looks younger.

Yes, then there’s no movie or TV series that would meet your criteria.

Then again show me a series or movie where there’s absolute consensus on a topic, whatever that topic is.

Behind the Candelabra makeup and prosthetic is considered a success. And I think they can do the same for Sean Bean. It’s not impossible like you suggested.

That being said, his scenes can be shot from certain angles, or they don’t even have to do the whole scene. I think it is doable. You think not. We’ll just have to disagree. No harm in that.

128. TonyGen
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Rhaegar gay you think?

Actually GRRM has confirmed that Jon’s love for Rhaegar was unrequited (makes it more tragic) so he was fully hetero.

129. Azad Injejikian
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

I hoped they filmed any flashbacks back when he was under contract in season 1. Save themselves any trouble in the future.

130. Tatters
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Jaime is a murderer and a war criminal. He hasnt redeemed anything.

131. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Strider,

No, no, no…silly heir of Isildur, King of Gondor! Not Rhaegar, the Targ…but Rhaegal, the dragon!

132. Ser Matt the Sullen
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

you know what would be amazing?

Season 5 Episode 1.

Cold opening… the tower of joy but viewed with a slightly distorted filter, kingsguard and unidentifiable men fighting each other… a woman lying on a bed of blood… “promise me…” a man saying a prayer by the Wierwood in winterfell his voice sounds so familiar… a shot of Ice… camera pans up and we see its Ned Stark, albeit much younger. quick cut to Brans eyes and his shock. Roll into Credits sequence.

then, later in the episode Mellisandre tells Jon he has ‘royal blood’. the three-eyed raven explains brans visions and tries to help him hone his abilities. Bran says something along the lines of “But my father is dead” and the 3-eyed raven replies “Some times death is not the end”

cut to, hanged Frey’s and a shocking cliffhanger ending of Episode 1. Lady Stoneheart.

Thus bringing back both Sean Bean AND Michelle Fairley in the same episode.

133. sidish
    Posted July 19, 2014 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

RBloodworth,

He actually said specifically he doesn’t change mysteries just because people figure them out ahead of time.

134. Hodoringhodor
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 6:18 am | Permalink

I thought the reason for the strict “no flashbacks” rule was because they knew they’d be doing be Bran’s visions later on so people wouldn’t confuse why it’s something special for him to see to the past when there are flashbacks happening all over anyway.

135. Chickenduck
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Hodoringhodor,

Probably correct.

136. Ser Matt the Sullen
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Hodoringhodor,

excellent point.

137. jentario
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Hodoringhodor,

There were a lot of reasons why consistently doing flashbacks since season 1 would have been a bad idea (like the one you mention), but they definitely have an opportunity with Bran this season to portray flashbacks in a more coherent, sensible fashion (and there ARE a couple of important flashbacks that should make it to the show).

The one odd detail is that Maggie the Frog is being cast, so unless it’s a dream sequence that would be weird (since they avoided standard flashbacks like the plague before).

In any case, I’m happy with it. I wouldn’t take this article as any kind of confirmation though, if anything it raised some doubts (he would probably know by now if he was going to make an appearance in season 5).

138. Sister Wrister
    Posted July 20, 2014 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    Dame of Mercia,

You usually have good ideas. This one is terrible, what gives?

Tatters,

I tend to agree, but his story is not finished. Some acts are irredeemable, but he may be headed for redemption/tragedy… Either way, like reality, his legacy in westeros will be opaque and determined by where one reads ones history. What we, the readers get, is a story of a character struggling with his decisions and that is why I love reading his chapters. Same with John, less so with Dany (tho attempted, with less success) or Cersei.

139. Da wolf
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 7:20 am | Permalink

Although it would be cool to see Sean Bean again on GoT, he is not a very good person. He should not be allowed to work at all after all those women beating he has been doing in his life. Shameful drunk.

140. Strider
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

HAHAHA Oops! My bad, HB. The light of the Evenstar that does not wax and wane blinded me for a second there. (nowdays the Evenstar has the shape of a mobile with screen glare in bright sunlight :P)

I’m still voting bi! Lay the blame at Maester Aemon’s feet and all his dragon sex changing talk. At least I think it was him.

141. Greatjon of Slumber
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Bringing back Bean would be awesome, of course.

But I question the idea of a season devoted to flashbacks. Here and there, through Bran’s eyes, sure. They played with this a bit for Bran’s vision in “The Lion and the Rose,” with the images that later were revealed to be the bringing of Craster’s baby to “white walker land” in the north et al, and that was pretty fantastic. And similar things like that would be great.

But a full season of flashbacks, based on stories we’ve only heard in the books too, but not really spent a lot of time with? No thanks. That was tried once before, and we ended up with a CGI-d floppy-eared Jamaican stereotype, a happy-go-lucky precursor to Darth Vader who belonged in a daycare center, and mitichlorians. No thanks.

142. Craig Antonio Wood
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

RBloodworth,

Robert or Rhaegar … I kinda think Robert

143. Turncloak
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

I think a lot of you people are making de-aging an actor seem harder than it is. You guys need to watch the curious case of Benjamin button. Makeup can do wonders to make you look younger/older

144. Chris
    Posted July 21, 2014 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

RBloodworth,

Actually, “de-aging” is possible, if you have the money. Consider 45 year old Brad Pitt becoming 20 year old Brad Pitt in “Benjamin Button” or 60something Jeff Bridges becoming 20something Jeff Bridges in “Tron Legacy.” Even Arnold Schwarzenegger drank from the digital fountain of youth in “Terminator Salvation.” It can be done. Just a matter of doing it in some way that’s credible and weaving it into the story in a way that recognizes its limitations.
    …and paying for it of course.

145. Lexyvil
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 5:49 am | Permalink

I sure hope that him coming back for a part like that becomes official…*Daydreams*

It’ll change the adapted series from the “Best Show on TV ever” to the”Best Show on TV ever, period”.

146. Cliveodevo
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 8:41 am | Permalink

I think it would be great if we get a flashback of the battle against the Ironborn. With Ned, Robert Baratheon and Thoros of Myr defeating the Greyjoys. It would make an epic show starter and a nice set up for the epic Greyjoy storyline to come.

147. Clive O'Neill
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Here is how I would write the opening scene for season five.

Balon Greyjoy, the Ninth of His Name, walks out onto a rope bridge on Pyke in defiance of a growing storm. He looks out into the lashing maelstrom and begins to see it distorting into an earlier storm. The storm of battle. The day that Pyke was besieged by Robert Baratheon. Alongside him Ned Stark and Thoros of Myr followed closely by Ser Jorah Mormont. Thoros running through the breach, stabbing and terrifying the Ironborn with his flaming sword.

Jory Cassel and Jaime Lannister also in the battle. The battle ends and Balon Greyjoy bends the knee. The images fade again into the storm and we zoom into the tightened knuckles of Balon Greyjoy as he grips the rope bridge’s hand rails enraged.

The camera zooms out slowly to reveal his angered face. He displays a look that speaks of decisiveness and knowing. He knows what must be done. He let’s go of the rope and turns to re-enter Pyke and take his strategy forward but as he marches purposefully towards the keep the storm engulfs the rocks and the winds and tidal surge cast him from the bridge into oblivion. The Drowned God needed a strong oarsman, “What is dead may never die”. Fade to Titles.

148. Clive O'Neill
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 9:43 am | Permalink

Here is how I would write the opening scene for season 5.

149. Sandor Claws
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Bran’s storyline desperately needs some Sean Bean.

150. Strider
    Posted July 22, 2014 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

Clive O’Neill,

You think the cold open will be Baleno’s death then. I thought it would be Maggy the Frog flashback. Though if my idea is implemented then Bran’s visions won’t look so special anymore.

Sandor Claws,

This is why I root for this idea with all my heart! I think they can do good television with his return to GoT.

151. Bobo
    Posted July 25, 2014 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Huh? Jon Snow isn’t Ned’s son? :s

152. 123
    Posted July 30, 2014 at 3:37 am | Permalink

What about Ben McKenzie as a young Ned Stark?

153. 1400
    Posted August 10, 2014 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

I think Sean Bean returning to got is an excellent idea. I hate it when they change characters like Dario. It just spoils the show if you ask me.

1. […] Since Bran finally met the Three-Eyed Raven at the end of season four, it’s possible the …read more […]