The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards air next weekend, and the cast and crew of Game of Thrones stands to take home a lotta gold. The show is nominated for a full 32 statues, more than any other series has been nominated for in a single year. And now, according to a press release, we know that the cast members will be presenting awards as well.
At some point in the night, every single Game of Thrones cast member up for an acting award will take the stage. There are 10 in all: Alfie Allen (Theon), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Lena Headey (Cersei), Maisie Williams (Arya), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) and Sophie Turner (Sansa).
The press release doesn’t mention if they’re all presenting different awards, or being paired up, or all coming out on the stage at once, or what. Whatever the case, it’ll be fun to see them up there in their red carpet finery.
It’ll also be fun to see how many of them take home statues. To date, Dinklage is the only Game of Thrones cast members to win an Emmy award for acting, but given how many of them are nominated this year, that may finally change. Take a look at the acting field below:
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
- Better Call Saul — Bob Odenkirk as Jimmy McGill
- Game of Thrones — Kit Harington as Jon Snow
- Ozark — Jason Bateman as Martin ‘Marty’ Byrde
- Pose — Billy Porter as Pray Tell
- This Is Us — Sterling K. Brown as Randall Pearson
- This Is Us — Milo Ventimiglia as Jack Pearson
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
- Game of Thrones — Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen
- House of Cards — Robin Wright as Claire Underwood
- How To Get Away With Murder — Viola Davis as Annalise Keating
- Killing Eve — Jodie Comer as Villanelle
- Killing Eve — Sandra Oh as Eve Polastri
- Ozark — Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- This Is Us — Mandy Moore as Rebecca Pearson
Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
- Better Call Saul — Jonathan Banks as Mike Ehrmantraut
- Better Call Saul — Giancarlo Esposito as Gus Fring
- Game of Thrones — Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy
- Game of Thrones — Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jamie Lannister
- Game of Thrones — Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
- House of Cards — Michael Kelly as Doug Stamper
- This Is Us — Chris Sullivan as Toby Damon
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series
- Game of Thrones — Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth
- Game of Thrones — Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
- Game of Thrones — Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
- Game of Thrones — Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
- Killing Eve — Fiona Shaw as Carolyn Martens
- Ozark — Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore
I mean, good lord, over half of the performers nominated in the Supporting categories are from Game of Thrones. I have a feeling they’ll be on stage for more than just presenting.
LEGO Stranger Things The Upside Down 75810 Building Kit (2,287 Pieces)
Of course, it’s not just the actors who are up for Emmys. The show is up for awards in directing, writing, special effects, costumes, and more. We wish all the candidates the best of luck!
The Creative Arts Emmy Awards, which honor the candidates from the more technical categories, will be held on September 14 through September 16. The Primetime Emmy Awards, which include the acting categories, will be televised on Sunday, September 22 at 7:00 p.m. CST, on Fox.