The actors behind Samwell Tarly and Liam Cunningham are reuniting with their old Game of Thrones bosses for The Three-Body Problem on Netflix.
Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and Dan Weiss have a new show coming to Netflix: The Three-Body Problem, an adaptation of the renowned novel trilogy by Liu Cixin about what happens when Earth comes into contact with its first alien civilization…and they don’t necessarily have our best interests in mind.
The series is sprawling, with lots of characters and plot-lines; I’m not going to call it a sci-fi Game of Thrones, but there are similarities. And now, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed a dozen actors coming aboard the project, including a couple of names familiar to Game of Thrones fans.
We don’t know who these actors are playing — and again, there are a lot of roles — but we know who they are:
- Jovan Adepo (Watchmen; When They See Us; Fences)
- John Bradley (Game of Thrones)
- Tsai Chin (Lucky Grandma; Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)
- Liam Cunningham (The Last Voyage of the Demeter; Game of Thrones; Hunger)
- Eiza González (Baby Driver; I Care A Lot; Ambulance)
- Jess Hong (Inked; The Brokenwood Mysteries)
- Marlo Kelly (Dare Me)
- Alex Sharp (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time)
- Sea Shimooka (Pink Skies Ahead; Arrow; Berlin)
- Zine Tseng
- Saamer Usmani (The Mauritanian; Succession)
- Benedict Wong (Raya and the Last Dragon; Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness)
Benedict Wong is probably the biggest name on this list, but my eyes goes to John Bradley and Liam Cunningham, who played Samwell Tarly and Davos Seaworth respectively on Game of Thrones. Good to see the gang getting back together.
There’s no word on when The Three-Body Problem might come out. The process is moving along, but it’ll likely be a while.
To stay up to date on everything fantasy, science fiction, and WiC, follow our all-encompassing Facebook page and sign up for our exclusive newsletter.