Two weeks back, current Game of Thrones star Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy) and former Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) stopped by the offices of video game developer Ubisoft to sample For Honor, an upcoming action fighting game. You can watch footage of the twosome going at it below, but for our purposes, the most interesting stuff happened during a Facebook Live interview with Mashable, where interviewer Laura Prudom pulled some interesting quotes from Allen about the upcoming season of Thrones.
Watch the interview below. Allen’s part starts around 8:30.
Let’s hit some highlights.
- When asked whether it feels different filming the penultimate season, Alfie noted that, as usual, “the production values are all just insane,” and that the pace of filming is “pretty much the same.” All the same, “there’s definitely a feeling of, yeah, it’s coming to an end…It’s sad for us, as well, because we’re not gonna get to hang out with each other as much.”
- Obviously, Allen is careful not to give too much away, but he’s happy to tease. “[I]t could end up in one big epic battle…We’ll just have to wait and see. There’s usually one epic battle in a series of Game of Thrones.” I think we’re all assuming that.
- Theon and Yara are allied with Daenerys, but is he rooting for her to take the Iron Throne? “He’s kind of just in a duel partnership with his sister. Anything that she puts on the table, he’s gonna give her advice on, but at the same time, I’d say we’re definitely kind of rooting for Daenerys at this point, without a doubt.”
- Who would Allen like to work with that he hasn’t? Rory McCann, aka the Hound. “He’s an amazing guy to hang around with and he’s definitely my cup of tea.”
- On season 7 generally: “It’s going to be a crazy season, though, without a doubt. It’s definitely going to blow a lot of people’s minds. It’s still the same running theme of characters that haven’t crossed each other’s paths before will do again, and they’re gonna take it even further this time. People have loyalties that they have to examine.”
Allen also mentions that he’s love to see Theon on the Iron Throne, but that it might not be the job he’s cut out for.
He definitely is not going to bear some heir to the world that’s gonna be entitled and be some idiot, because he can’t, so he’s only going to be able to put people in a place who he thinks are worthy of that. And he’s already made a point of saying that he’s not fit to rule, so he’s definitely not going to do it himself, so he’d probably put the person who’s best for the job in.
Overall, a nice job of teasing the season without spoiling anything. Kudos on the balance, Alfie Allen.
Below, you can watch footage of Allen, Momoa, and others actually playing and chatting about For Honor, which just came out this past Tuesday.
Thanks to Rex953 for pointing the interview out to us!