We’ve been anxiously awaiting the first official photos from Game of Thrones season 7, but while we wait, several unofficial photos from Game of Thrones season 7 filming have surfaced on the Free Folk subreddit. The photos show three to four distinct filming locations and are quite exciting.
Warning: there’s nothing but SPOILERS abound beyond this point, so consider yourself warned.
Redditor KaySen762 posted the photos. They include what appears to be a room in Winterfell, soldiers of both the Unsullied and Lannister varieties, wildlings (or pre-CGI wights), and a ship that appears to be the Silence — Euron Greyjoy’s personal ship.
Here’s what we see in these photos:
- A room in Winterfell.
- A courtyard in what may be Casterly Rock. Notice the golden lions above the archway, with the red lettering in the center.
- Unsullied soldiers forming up in front of a ship set.
- Unsullied beside a large construction.
- Unsullied helmets, shields, and spears.
- The ship set that looks like it could be Euron Greyjoy’s personal ship — the Silence.
- Lannister soldiers.
- A wight.
- A group of wildlings standing beneath a cliff face.
Without a doubt, the image of the Silence is what excites me most, followed by the wights. We know that Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane) were filming in Iceland for scenes that reportedly involve them encountering a bunch of wights.
While these photos are certainly exciting, it’s important to remember that they are unofficial. HBO has not released any “making of” videos…not yet, anyway.