Sophie Turner is out and about doing press for X-Men: Dark Phoenix, including in a very interesting video for Vogue Paris where she and her costar Jessica Chastain sat down and chatted over dinner.
At one point, Sophie Turner reveals the most embarrassing moment in her career, which just so happened to take place on Game of Thrones. Watch below — you can skip to the 3:00 mark if you want to get right to it.
“When I was 13 or 14, I had to get my period onscreen,” Turner says, to Chastain’s great shock. “It was so embarrassing. I had to keep pulling up my dress and the director would [say] ‘Blood, blood,’ and like keep chucking blood on me. They had a camera right there in my crotch.”
That sounds absolutely horrendous. She’s referring to a scene from “A Man Without Honor” from season 2, where Sansa wakes up to discover she’s had her period. It’s a turning point for her, because it means that she and Joffrey could start having some babies. Thank goodness that never happened!
We also learned a few other fun facts about Turner:
- She didn’t tell her parents when she auditioned for Sansa. Apparently casting director Nina Gold was going around to schools in the area, so she and her friends just auditioned. “My parents found out when I was in the final seven.”
- The day she found out she’d gotten the role of Sansa was “the best day ever.” It involved lots jumping in a pool and lots of pizza.
- Apparently she used to pee out of nervousness before auditions. Those days are gone.
- These two have fun names for their X-Men costars. For example, “Mac-Attack” for James McAvoy.
- Turner wants to be a producer. We’re all in.
Dark Phoenix is out in theaters now, for better or worse.