When Jon Snow meets Jon Snow: Kit Harington talks Game of Thrones on Channel 4 News
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

One of Kit Harington’s childhood ambitions was to be a journalist, particularly to emulate British presenter Jon Snow. Life dealt Kit a slightly different hand under the same name, and in an inevitable twist of fate, the two have come face to face.

Jon Snow recently met Jon Snow for an interview on Channel 4 News to promote Kit’s new film Pompeii and Game of Thrones Season 4. The two Jons ponder where George R.R. Martin got the inspiration for the name, discuss the use of the word bastard in Thrones, if TV is the new film, and more.

In some short bonus videos, the two Jon Snows have a staring contest:

And we follow presenter Jon Snow as he gets ready for the face-off:

1. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

Jon Snow

2. 14ccKemiskt
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Stannis!

3. Jeff O'Connor
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Kit Harington confirmed for best possible Jon Snow.

4. Hoyti Von Totiy
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

well the guy can think of it this way, its still better then having the name Walder Frey.

5. Morna the Witch
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Owen Teale talks a bit about Kit and Jon and Alliser’s relationship in season 4. I’m curious about the “development” in their relationship he mentions :)

6. House Nieder
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

Fun fact: Oathkeeper has a 10 on imdb right now.

7. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

I’m still hoping (praying) for a coldhands appearance tonight…

8. Sister Wrister
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Dear Overlords,

Can we get the spoiler issue fixed, as well as a “jump to top/jump to bottom” button on the comment section?

Archive retrieval would also be nice, unless I just haven’t seen it.

Many thanks in advance

9. It Rhymes with Freak
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Jon Snow might be the only person who say to Kit Harington, “You know nothing” and not annoy the living hell out of him simply out of the irony.

10. WompWomp
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

Seconded. Using WiC.net on mobile is barely an option now when it comes to lively threads.

Also, I’m having an issue with certain posts showing up. Maybe I set off some built-in flagging setup, but sometimes they don’t appear for hours.

11. Valaquen
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Morna the Witch:

It’s probably a burgeoning though ‘professional’ respect.

12. Sister Wrister
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

WompWomp,

You’re not the only one complaining of posts not getting past whatever filter they’ve got set up.

And mobile has been sucking… I can see the entire width of the page on my screen finally, but the text is tiny and I’m not about to go get my eyes checked for one website.

We must remain vigilant. Cheers

13. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

I meet a girl and we talk for quite a while when she asks: “do you watch Game of Thrones?”
    To which I respond: “of course!”
    The conversation continues as follows…
    Girl: “it’s my favourite show I’m so obsessed!”
    Me: “so am I, do you read the books?”
    Girl: “I’d like to but I haven’t got the time.”
    Me: “ok, that’s fine. Who’s your favourite character?”
    Girl: “Khalessi”
    Me: *facepalm*
    It’s crazy after three seasons unsullied still call Dany Khaleesi, thanks to Ser Jorah no doubt, even though she’s their ‘favourite character’. I really think they need to use her real name more on the show, especially since all her dothraki have vanished…

14. Interior Bannisters
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Ser Davos Seaworth:
    To which I respond: “of course!”
    The conversation continues as follows…
    Girl: “it’s my favourite show I’m so obsessed!”
    Me: “so am I, do you read the books?”
    Girl: “I’d like to but I haven’t got the time.”
    Me: “ok, that’s fine. Who’s your favourite character?”
    Girl: “Khalessi”
    Me: *facepalm*

OMG I love Caleesy!

Btw, does Jorah say Khaleesi in the books or your grace???

15. WompWomp
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

Me: WHERE ARE MY POSTS?

WiC.net: Wherever posts go.

Me: @#&%…

16. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Ser Davos Seaworth,

Jorah struggles with his own somewhat-hypocritical dark past (slave-trading and traitorous actions), but in truth, he wants to be dominated by Dany, and scream “Khaleesi!” after she succumbs to his fantasies. It won’t happen….but the “kiss” is coming!

17. WompWomp
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

Ser Davos Seaworth,

Boy: …uh, that’s great! You know, that’s just her title among the Dothraki. Her actual name is Daener…

Girl: What are you, some kind of nerd?

Boy: ( ಠ╭╮ಠ)凸

18. Greenjones
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

House Nieder,

Yeah, we shouldn’t do that, should we?

19. Ours is the Fury
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

WompWomp,

Your post was in the spam filter because it was incredibly long with multiple paragraphs. That definitely reads as spam, so the spam filter is doing its job. It’s an inconvenience but it prevents you all from being subjected to actual spam. (This isn’t a new change, by the way.) I went ahead and released your stuff from the filter.

20. WompWomp
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Cool. I’m surprised multiple paragraphs set off the filter, since a good number of users here are up for substantive discussions. Can’t say I’ve seen a multi-paragraph spam message on a board before. That’s a lot of details concerning an obscure relative who makes $79/hr from working on a home computer. [laughs]

I thought it could have been a stray four-letter word in there somewhere. Thanks for the clarification.

21. jentario
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

House Nieder,

We’ll, that’s… What?

22. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

My posts that have succumbed to the “spam filter” have been 3-4 paragraphs long, with a blunt adjective embedded here and there, and the use of various HTML tags to bold, spoiler tag, and italicize. I guess in this age of ADD, one could think of 3 paragraphs as “incredibly long” but I doubt it. :)

And this only started happening this year.

23. House Nieder
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

jentario,

I just said that Oathkeeper has gotten good reviews on imdb so far. Sorry, so many of you are so easily confused.

24. jentario
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

House Nieder,

I understood that. What I don’t understand is how in god’s name 180 people got to see the episode. It’s probably GOT fans doing a preemptive strike, no?

25. House Nieder
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Oathkeeper was a part of the release for the advance critics release, or no?

Maybe Coldhands or LS arrives and the critics just GAVE IT ALL OF THE RAVE REVIEWS. I just dunno. I sense a crazy episode.

26. The Bastard
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Not sure why Kit gets a bad rap from some fans. I think he has played the role near perfectly so far.

He has taken the character from a kid who doesn’t have much confidence to a guy who we can believe can be the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch.

27. jentario
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

House Nieder,

No, only episodes 1-3 were given out. I actually sense a mild but well written episode.

28. WompWomp
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

The Bastard,

I just love seeing him with his brothers in black again this season. It’s like watching S1 and seeing the Starks together again. Jon did have some weak material in S2 (it didn’t help that other characters were scripted to shut him down every time he spoke), but that wasn’t on Kit. That did make it harder to connect to the character, though.

29. Sister Wrister
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

House Nieder:
    jentario,

Was that last sentence necessary?

And I’m sorry, you’ve been subjected to bad intel. Nobody has seen tonight’s episode.

30. Eddard Stark II
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

WompWomp,

I’m loving him this season, i think he’s really killing it.

31. jentario
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

Holy shit. I totally blocked out the dick in that guy’s comment. I was under the impression that he was a nice person. Stroll back on to Westeros.org, dude

32. jentario
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Eddard Stark II,

He’s had only two scenes so far… But yeah, I echo that. Very good job so far.

33. House Nieder
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Hmm. My mistake, I dunno where I got 4. Was it Obama who requested four advance episodes? I wonder where the early reviews are from.

34. WompWomp
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Speaking of Jon, just wanted to share this amusing meme I bumped into.

35. jentario
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

House Nieder,

GOT fans in a preemptive strike?

36. jentario
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

WompWomp,

That’s hilarious

37. House Nieder
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Hahaha! Quite possibly. I am looking very forward to this episode. Another thing I haven’t gotten a chance to comment on here about yet is the episode description of Brienne and Pod on the road together. Wasn’t sure that was going to indeed be included I’m so glad it is. And I didn’t mean for my comment to be as dickish as it came across, I apologize.

38. WompWomp
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Winter is coming… an’ sumwun’s gittin’ looky.

39. jentario
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

House Nieder,

It’s alright. We are all dicks here, especially Rygar

40. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

WompWomp,

Now that she has been scorned, all face the wrath of Ygritte!
    Jon, in his snow castle of dark, forlorn hearts, is brimming with Ygritte regret.

41. WompWomp
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Don’t you mean… Ygret? #hititandquitit #deadmanwalking

42. Caliope
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

The maturation of Jon in this season is PERFECT (Congrats Mr.Harington) He’s a badass now, cynical, hardened, but still with his decency and integrity intact. A Hero. The segments with Jon at The Wall, the most exciting parts of season 4

43. Easteros bunny
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

I’m having the problem on mobile.the old site was great for mobile users.

44. outdoorcats
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

House Nieder,

I thought Zack Luye saw the first four episodes, am I wrong?

That being said, the ’10′ votes on IMDb are almost certainly fake. Common practice on the site.

45. Sister Wrister
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

WompWomp,

#humpanddump?

Easteros bunny,

It seems they are takin the right steps to get the functionality and performance back……

46. Sister Wrister
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

House Nieder,

You may be right dude, I was under the impression that they only sent out 3 eps in advance to the media… I assumed that’s what anyone who is anyone got to see. But I’m sure nobody in the know is posting on imdb

47. Morna the Witch
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 12:46 am | Permalink

I still laugh over Jon’s response to Slynt in ep 1:

Janos: “I commanded the City Watch in King’s Landing boy.”

Jon: “Well, you must not have been very good at your job, because now you’re here.” XD

This deserves a nomination in the best dialogue/ one liner category for the WiC awards.

48. Immi
    Posted April 28, 2014 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Always thought Jon Snow would one day have to interview Kit, they couldn’t pass it up! I’m guessing he’s not really known elsewhere in the world, but for fans in the UK that was delightful. Thanks for sharing!