The casting call for extras for season three has gone out from Extras NI and it provides some tantalizing clues about what may be in store for season three. Here is the casting call:
We require people of all ages & all shapes & sizes, but this year we specifically need:
- with short length hair of every colour
- with shoulder length hair of every colour
- all hair lengths with and without good beards
- with short blonde hair
- with long dark hair & beards
- sporty, strong & fit types
- any male amputees
We’re always interested in men:
- with special skills: archery, combat-skills, martial arts, military experience, rowers & sailors
- in smaller numbers we generally require: farmers, butchers, carpenters, iron workers, blacksmiths, weavers, medieval musicians
- With long natural undyed hair
And men or women that are over 18 and that are under 5ft in height.
We always love to see unusual, timeless and character-full faces.
If you live in Northern Ireland and would like to apply, there are more details at the link above.
Winter Is Coming: Most of that is pretty standard stuff… except for that last bit about men and women over 18 and under 5ft in height. As Westeros.org speculates, there are a number of things this could be for… but only one really makes sense and it is one I think many fans are going to like. Spoilers ahead…
It seems likely they are looking for extras to play the diminutive crannogmen, which would mean the Reeds are in! The prevailing theory is that a group from Greywater Watch will be sent to Winterfell, including Jojen and Meera, and that they will run into Bran and Co. along the way. Either that or David & Dan will pad Bran’s journey even more and have him head to Greywater Watch first, where he will meet Meera and Jojen. Eventually, the latter will tell him they need to go north and their journey will commence from there. But that would mean having to build a new set and possibly having to cast Howland Reed, so that seems much less likely than the other theory. Either way, this whole thing is a good sign for all you Reed fans!