Peter Dinklage has been given hints about the ending of Game of Thrones
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

Peter Dinklage has been busy promoting his upcoming film ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past,’ and with Game of Thrones being in season, Westeros related questions have snuck their way into a new interview.

Josh Lasser of HitFix got right to the point, wanting to know if Peter had any details on the ending of Game of Thrones, even offering up his own life in exchange for the information. Peter does admit that over a couple of glasses of wine, the powers that be at Thrones have given him a few hints and rumours of what’s to come. Peter also discusses which cast members from Thrones he would like to work with in the future that he hasn’t shared any scenes with yet, and how he manages to create such memorable characters like Tyrion Lannister.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

1. god45
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

hodor!

2. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

Nodor :(

But in unrelated news, George has unveiled the final cover art for TWOI&F on his Not a Blog.

3. Typo Lannister
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

I’d be interested in seeing Peter Dinklage with Liam Cunningham and Stephen Dillane in something.

4. sati
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Oh yeaaah shout out to Liam and Stephen!

5. 14ccKemiskt
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Stannis!

6. Patchy Face
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Wonder how George feels about D&D “giving hints.” hmmmmm

Of course Peter D. rocks -

7. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Does Peter know which dragon he is going to ride?

Methinks the white one – Tyrion rides Viserion!

8. GeekFurious
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard:
    Does Peter know which dragon he is going to ride?

Methinks the white one – Tyrion rides Viserion!

I know that is a popular theory but it has always felt like one too many cool things, theory wise. Obviously, if every popular fan theory comes true, it would be the most epic payoff in the history of history. Which is why it won’t happen. Because it’s all too cool.

9. 14ccKemiskt
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Ok, so Peter Dinklage gets the question on how ASOIF is going to end. He says that he knows, but that he of course is not going to tell.

In the _next_ sentence he says that he would really want to work with Stephen Dillane and Liam Cunningham in the future. Could it be because he wants to be on the winning side? I choose to beleive so. Team Stannis FTW!

10. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious,

Of course it is “too cool” and I’m right about 3% of the time on a good day. :) The image of Tyrion riding a dragon is almost as silly as it is cool. But I would prefer him riding a dragon than some others currently in Slavers Bay, even if he is hanging for dear life from a chain dangling from Viserion’s flying feet.

11. PodricksThirdLeg
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

14ccKemiskt:

He does not give a shit about that. He just would like to work with those actors period. Don’t look too far into it

12. MM
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

Patchy Face:
    Wonder how George feels about D&D “giving hints.”hmmmmm

GRRM probably feels worse about Alex Graves pumping D&D for information about post-ADWD material and then spoiling the actors so that they know how to play their scenes. :D

13. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 10, 2014 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

MM,

I think GRRM told D&D the 1st draft of the storylines/ending and by now he is working on the 3rd or 4th drafts of the storylines/endings. Things unwritten never stay the same during the writing process. I even think that GoT may only go as far as TWoW in 7 seasons and present a number of satisfying faux endings. Then ADoS will follow GoT and allow GRRM to expound on the final, final endings.

14. Silver of Wyman
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 5:02 am | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard:
    Does Peter know which dragon he is going to ride?

Methinks the white one – Tyrion rides Viserion!

I don’t think that it would be fitting for Tyrion to ride a dragon. First of all he would most likely need to be a secret Targ. Tyrion being a secret Targ would ruin a lot of the drama he has had with the Lannister family. And besides there have been so many secret Targs already. Secondly Tyrion’s weapon of choice has always been his mind. Giving a character like that the ultimate weapon of destruction wouldn’t be fitting.
    IMO Euron should have at least one dragon (preferably Rhaegal) and the FAegon gang should have one as well (preferably Viserion). I don’t see how Faegon could get one, but Euron getting one isn’t a stretch.

15. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 7:30 am | Permalink

Silver of Wyman,

True, as cool as it may be in my head, the silliness of T riding V (in the traditional Targ fashion) would be hard to take seriously. However, if there ever was someone to devise a way to uniquely bond with and ride (or be carried by) a dragon, it would be T!

Euron? Probably too predictable, since that is what Vic was sent to Slavers Bay to do. fAegon? Possibly, he definitely would want to, but Dany probably wouldn’t allow it….unless he really is Aegon….then we could have another Dance of Dragons….which could be cool.

Honestly, given the description in TP&tQ of the dragon bonding/riding difficulty, I doubt anyone will ride R & V, especially now that the battle has commenced and chaos rules, even without the dragon horn being blown. Getting to Westeros is a whole other story…I haven’t a clue, unless Dany arrives at Dragonstone or Vale early with the dragons (and any other lucky riders), followed by her ships & men a few months later.

16. Silver of Wyman
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 8:02 am | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

I’m pretty sure that Euron has something up his sleeve, and I doubt that Vic is going to fool him. I guess the Dragon Horn could have a fail safe, that causes the dragon to fly to Euron. FAegon is a whole other story on the other. Illyrio must have known something about the dragons since he gave Dany the eggs. Maybe Belwas’ true mission is to get one of the dragons to FAegon in case something happens to Dany. There’s so much to speculate, but IMO the three people currently alive during the series who know most about dragons are: Bloodraven, Illyrio and Euron.

17. House Mormont
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 8:06 am | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

you’re very hopeful aren’t you :p considering a lot of storylines are into affc/adwd in Season 4, i’m sure by season 7 they can go beyond TWOW, and I think GRRM is kind of acting in submission now. While they spoil things from TWOW, he just posts about Jean Cocteau and says he’s glad people liked the episode and congratulates D&D

18. Delta1212
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 8:32 am | Permalink

GeekFurious,

Everyone’s a Targaryen in Westeros.

19. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 9:47 am | Permalink

House Mormont,

I can’t imagine that he gave away the whole farm to HBO. He’s got something up his sleeve that works out well for him. Honestly, I hope the Cocteau provides the escape/enjoyment he needs to regenerate his batteries as he tackles his “Son of Kong.” (his own words)

20. Strider
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 10:09 am | Permalink

I think it would be easier at this point to just assume that everyone on the show has gotten hints from Benioff and Weiss as to where their characters are headed. And that implies that some who make it to the end, well.. they simply know it. At least part of it. Their part. If Tyrion doesn’t make it I will be suprised. That’s all I’m saying.

21. Hodorkovski
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 11:54 am | Permalink

If Tyrion doesn’t make it I will be suprised. That’s all I’m saying.

Same here. I’d be very surprised, if Tyrion as well as Dany did not make it to the final part of the story. Surviving it is a different matter, but I’d be surprised, if they die without having an important part in the final season/book.

22. rolly duckfield
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Here’s an interesting theory. What if the three people who sit the dragons are Danaerys (obviously), Jon Snow (if the theory of him being Rhaegar’s and Lyanna’s child is true), and perhaps Tyrion. My thoughts on why perhaps Tyrion is because Ser Barristan in ADWD i believe tells Dany that the Mad King took some “liberties” during the bedding ceremony of Joanna Lannister and Tywin. Plus, Tywin has stated to Tyrion, “until I can prove you are not my son….” Now of course Tywin could just be saying that because of his loathing for Tyrion being a dwarf, but also Tyrion’s description is different than the rest of his family. His hair is lighter and paler than the typical golden yellow that Lannisters have. It could be a stretch, but no more than Euron sitting a dragon. Personally I don’t think Euron, will ever and if he does it will be the end of him. Moqorro also sees Euron a threat when he sees Dany’s enemies in his flames. I think Tyrion might have the blood of the dragon in him. I could be very wrong, but he has also dreamed of himself riding dragons and Targaryens could possibly have prophetic dreams. One dreamed the Doom of Valyria. Just some thoughts.

23. Annara Snow
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

14ccKemiskt:

LOL Nice wishful thinking…

24. Easteros bunny
    Posted May 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Valyrian Plastic:
    Nodor :(

I’d be a lot more excited if it was the winds of winter cover, but hey, fake history is more important than finishing a story that has taken him 20 years to finish!