David Benioff and Dan Weiss promise “The Children” will be Game of Thrones’ finest hour
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

As expected, episode 9 of this Game of Thrones season blew us all away, with the Battle of Castle Black living up to its brutal expectations. Now episode 10 approaches, and although it is usually reserved for the falling action of what we’ve just witnessed, this year we’ve been promised a grand finale.

In a joint statement to Entertainment Weekly, David Benioff and Dan Weiss say that “The Children” is going to be the finest hour of Game of Thrones yet. “It’s the best finale we’ve ever done, bar none. The performances from our cast, the direction from Alex Graves, the VFX work, the new [music] cues from Ramin Djawadi—all of it came together in perhaps the finest hour we’ve produced. We’re immensely proud of ‘The Children.’ And a little intimidated by the episode, because now we have to get back to the business of season five and figure out a way to top it.”

Add this to what we heard from Director Alex Graves earlier this year in an interview with Collider: “There’s a battle in the tenth episode that is so VFX heavy and so complex, even on a feature level, that won’t be done until June right before it airs.”

As well as a season finale tease from Sophie Turner via Just Jared: “The end is spectacular…it takes the storyline to a whole new level of a particular storyline. And you’re like “WOW.” It’s a hopeful turn. It’s dramatic but it’s like, for once Game of Thrones isn’t so depressing.”

Without a doubt the finale is going to be packed, with a broken Jon Snow heading to treat with Mance Rayder, Tyrion’s fate hanging in the balance, Arya’s next move, the promise of dragons, the return of Bran and company, and the certainty of a few surprises. Thankfully “The Children” has an extended runtime of 66 minutes, and we’ll be glued to the screen for every single one of them.

Winter is Coming Live, The Watchers On The Wall… by winteriscoming

1. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Branakinslayer!

2. Jambo
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Should be a hell of an episode – can’t wait!

Very curious about the effects-heavy battle :)

3. Balerion The Cat
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Grenn! :(

4. Bard
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

All hail to the cook of Castle Black!

5. Ser Florian
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Longspear Ryk!

From the previews and book knowledge, I know which scenes we’re guaranteed to be getting… pretty much the ones listed in the article. Anything beyond them is just gonna be sprinkles on top.

6. SomeoneKissofLifeTracyMorgan
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

There are tons of fools claiming they have seen screeners for episode 10. STOP FALLING FOR IT!!! THEY HAVEN’T! Just wait for Sunday dawgs…

7. Johnny Camp
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

I wonder what the popular topic of conversation will be in this thread…..

8. Catbert
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

66 minutes! Finally a proper episode length.

9. Ser Florian
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Johnny Camp,

Why didn’t Baelish say “Only Cat”?

10. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Catbert,

Yes, this is exciting. 66 minutes. Beer. Check. Bowl. Check. Snacks. Check.

No piss breaks! NO PAUSING! NO TALKING!!! (Cheering allowed, otherwise STFU or GTFO!!!)

I’m a real reactionary

11. Dutch maester
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

This will be Game of Thrones’ finest hour. Can’t wait!

12. Clob
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Catbert:
    66 minutes!Finally a proper episode length.

13. Macejko
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

VFX heavy battle in the TENTH episode? Like, really? Is it possible we get to be this lucky two weeks in a row? I hope it isn’t a mistake on Mr. Graves’ part, because I sure as hell would like to see another battle.

14. Hoyti Von Totiy
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

As long they dont waste screen time on Sam and Gilly filler, and give us Stannis.

The curly haired emo needs some Stannis to show him what is a real man.

15. Greatjon of Slumber
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

The real question is when are we getting STRONG BELWAS??

Ok, yeah, I’m over it.

16. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Macejko:
    VFX heavy battle in the TENTH episode? Like, really? Is it possible we get to be this lucky two weeks in a row? I hope it isn’t a mistake on Mr. Graves’ part, because I would sure as hell like to see another battle.

I’m guessing…Stannis’ arrival. 100,000 wildlings need to be defeated, after all, and a good way to do that is with VFX!

17. Rygar
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

They better show Tormund fook a bah!

18. Greatjon of Slumber
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Clob: It should be like 90 minutes. >:( Not only ‘just because’ but also to make up for all the short ones this season. As I wrote last night in another thread, the Fargo finale is an extra half hour time slot next week. #bastards I wish GRRM could get his wish and next season would be extended to 13 episodes.

Normally I’m one to just say we need episodes to be about the length one would expect, but yeah, I can see them filling a good 80 minutes here.

19. Sword of the Morning
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Lots of scenes to pack into the episode:

Jaime, Varys, Tyrion, Shae, and Tywin. Cersei, Gregor, and Qyburn. Brienne, Pod, the Hound, and Arya have a skirmish. Sansa and Littlefinger tour the Vale. Boltons and Reek settle in at Winterfell. Jon and Mance treat. Stannis saves the day. Bran reaches the tree. Dany sees the burnt bones and tries to chain up her dragons. And finally, Lady Stoneheart.

20. Richard
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Expecting many Wow and WTF moments for the unsullied.

21. Chickenduck
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

The VFX scene they’re talking about involves Bran and co being attacked by White Walkers before rescue by COTF/Bloodraven.

22. Siobhán Mooney
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

What on earth is the deal with Bran’s wig…?

23. Ginevra
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

In the EW article, D&D don’t promise that this finale is Game of Thrones’ finest hour, as this article suggests, but that this year’s finale is the finest finale. They do speculate that it might be the finest hour, “perhaps the finest hour we’ve produced,” but it would be hard to know you’ve topped the Red Wedding before the episode is aired. Still, that they think they might have topped it gives me great hope and expectations.

I was surprised to see the EW article mentioning everyone in the finale but Bran. How quickly the Unsullied forget little Bran.

24. Cracken
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

I’m hoping that the VFX-heavy battle is when Bran and Co. get attacked by zombies. That was one of my favorite scenes from Book 5.

25. sjwenings
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

I don’t remember D&D ever being this exited about an episode. This is promising indeed.

So many great moments. I just hope they can connect them somewhat, so the episode doesn’t feel too disjointed/crowded. Still – the most important thing is that the scenes in and of themselves are good.

26. Thoros of Brooklyn
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

This battle is Bran’s eyebrows vs. the rest of his face.

27. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Siobhán Mooney,

The bigger question, who the hell gave Bran herpes?

28. Sword of the Morning
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Will we find out what happened to Osha and Rickon?

29. Greenjones
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Karl smooched him.

30. Walter Harrow
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

I just hope they dont have Arya run away during the Hound-Brienne fight (if that is really what we are getting). D&D seem to forget that this is Arya’s story arc sometimes and having her just run away when the other two steal her screentime/spotlight would annoy me

She also needs a final one on one scene with the Hound

31. Assunta
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Siobhán Mooney:
    What on earth is the deal with Bran’s wig…?

Seriously. I thought the same thing.

32. mariamb
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

“The finest hour yet” is quite a statement considering the quality of what has come before it. I am excited but I also dread the long slog until the next new episode.

66 minutes does not seem like a lot of time to cover what we believe is coming.

Some articles are starting to pop up in Google searches with details about what will happen in the finale. It appears to be speculation rather than confirmation; probably book readers making assumptions about what events will be included such as Tyrion killing Tywin .

Nonetheless, to all those who want to remain un-spoiled about what we see in the finale, be careful out there.

33. Josla
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Bard: All hail to the cook of Castle Black!

Yay. Can’t wait to see more of him. Hope they make him a series regular now Grenn and Pyp are gone.

So… evreytime I’m posting I have to write my name and email… is this just happening to me at all? It’s so annoying.

34. KG
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

That horrific wig?

Johnny Camp:
    I wonder what the popular topic of conversation will be in this thread…..

35. Patchy Face
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Siobhán Mooney,

Really. Could someone cut that kid’s hair? They manage to trim Jojen’s.

36. krats neyragrat
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

I really hope Lady Stoneheart is at the very end.

37. Gatehouse Ami
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

When is the recap released? (I mean, the “previously on GoT…” recap they show before the episode)? I’ve noticed links seem to show up midweek and really hope it’s today! My patience hurts.

38. Yarp
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

The VFX-heavy battle has to be one of three possible scenes. 1) Stannis’ arrival, which is confirmed from several trailers, 2) Bran vs. wights [not confirmed] and 3) I’m just guessing here but possibly the dragons vs. Meereen soldiers, right after Drogon kills the child.

I’m also concerned about Sophie’s comment, which unless she’s purposely hiding details of an epilogue-type LSH scene (like the WWs in Season 2), this finale could very well end with the Children of the Forest. Not that it’s a bad to end on a ‘happy’ note, but it would be quite disappointing if they chose to further prolong her reveal.

39. fuelpagan
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Josla,

You’re not alone.

Ever since the site moved to “fansided” I’ve never been more frustrated with the user experience. I really enjoy the memory leak that occurs if I leave the site open in the background too long.

40. vlad
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Well of course it will be great, because of Peter Dinklage. I have no doubt about that!!! The problem is with the other story lines… will they be able to rival Tyrion’s arc??? I hope so, but I have my doubts… As for that statement??? I don’t care!!! For about 4 episodes now, all the “Inside the episode” stuff have been a huge slap on the back of how great they were, how great is the directing…. they can do no wrong. I’m more inclined to believe Sophie Turner. It’s good to hear we’re getting the huge battle we deserved… I was really worried they used the whole budget on episode 9 and we’ll get something like the Whispering Woods from season 1

41. Tyroshi Barber
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

If they manage to top Season 4 with the production of Season 5, I’ll be very surprised and I will bow to D & D.

42. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

Assunta: Seriously.I thought the same thing.

What do you mean, what’s the deal with his wig? It looks like long brown hair to me.

And seeing as he’s essentially a Christ figure, sacrificing himself for the nebulous benefit of humanity, long Jesusy hair makes sense!

43. A Man Grown
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Sword of the Morning,

The Sansa and Theon/Boltons scenes in episode 8 felt like “end of the season” scenes to me. I could be wrong but I wouldn’t be shocked if we didn’t see Sansa or Theon this week.

44. jentario
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Tyroshi Barber,

With smart deviations they can do it.
    I can’t wait for the reaction to the scene where Arya rapes the Hound in his sleep. Such a complex relationship.

45. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Greatjon of Slumber:
    The real question is when are we getting STRONG BELWAS??

Ok, yeah, I’m over it.

Hey now… I’m not over this one. I think we’ll get him next year in the pit. And he may just be some crazy fat fighter with a bunch of scars….

Rygar,

This just might be the battle they are referencing…. Just for you. or maybe it’s just Stannis fucking shit up

46. Joshua Atreides
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Ok. I am prepared to eat my hat if I am wrong here. But I just listened to the entire “The Children” track on YouTube. http://youtu.be/_JYKNqvsbKw

Aside from being awesome it has assured me at this juncture that this track heralds the appearance of Lady Stoneheart (a choral King in the North theme instead of the Dany theme)! followed by a jump to the end credits.

It’s happening. If I’m wrong. I’m wrong. But I don’t think so.

47. Hodor H'ghar
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Siobhán Mooney:
    What on earth is the deal with Bran’s wig…?

He’s starting to look very 80′s hair band-ish. I mean damn, even Hodor has managed to get an edge up here and there.

48. Chriss
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

This is so exciting even for book readers. The only problem is, even with all the hype, regardless of how good the episode is, many of us will be disappointed if there is no LS. And you know, I understand why. It’s such an epic conclusion being handed to them, it’d be so sad to avoid that gigantic WTF moment.

By the way, I’m pretty much certain we’ll get a Yara scene because the initial S4 trailer had a scene with her in, like, a canoe in the dark, which I think we haven’t yet had this season. They used every other scene, so there’s no reason to suspect they won’t use that one. Maybe it’s her going back to the Iron Islands and learning of Balon’s fate? Who knows. Can’t wait!

49. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos,

You said it man. Nobody fucks with the…. Jesusy.

But the wig is pretty ridiculous

50. jentario
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Joshua Atreides,

Someone suggested we’ll get a Stark kid montage in the end with this tune playing. Maybe it ends with THAT scene.

51. strokememarge
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Can someone inform me if critics get the finale early to review, or do they have to watch it the same day like everyone else? There is a reason for this question.

52. jentario
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

People, the wig will look much better on screen in motion. We all bitched about it in the preview pictures but it was hardly ever an issue in the actual show.

53. jentario
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

strokememarge,

Everyone gets it at the same time except for maybe international subtitlers. Lucky whores!

54. 14ccKemiskt
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

The VFX are probably refeering to both the dragons eating a child and being locked up and the continuation of the battle of the wall along with Stannis’ arrival.

Rickon and Osha will probably show up in a Bran vision.

The most interesting part is what will be the final scene. Will it be Bran’s visions, Tywins death or Lady Stoneheart?

55. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Joshua Atreides,

I’m with you on this one. Only other option is Bran meeting Bloodraven but I doubt it.

56. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Whoops, fucked up the spoiler tags… Mods?

57. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Joshua Atreides,

The thing is, ‘The King In The North’ theme was used as Bran and company went beyond the Wall in last seasons’ finale. I’m betting on the final scene being Bran and the COTF. Though I hope I am wrong.

58. Luka Nieto Garay
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Cracken,

It’s described as a battle, not a fight. And we have to see Stannis’s forces mow down 100.000 wildlings. If that isn’t VFX-heavy, I don’t know what is.

59. Chriss
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

KG:
    That horrific wig?

Hate it.

Bran didn’t wear a wig in the books. Awful.

If Stannis wore a wig, he’d make it work, but D&D hate Stannis so they kept him bald.

D&D are ruining the series.

60. jentario
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Luka Nieto Garay,

The Children of the forest all wearing green suits and fighting wights maybe?

61. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

jentario,

I just rembered those old TDK tape commercials of the guy sitting in the lazy boy with his hair flying back in all the “hIfi” glory. Is this what you had in mind? Hodor could be the recliner.

14ccKemiskt,

LS way cooler endin than THRUM to black. Don’t let the final scene be Tywin…….

62. Ser Florian
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Joshua Atreides,

Nah, I’m thinking that’s for Bran, being ushered into the cave with the CotF and seeing Bloodraven for the first time… or Arya setting sail for Bravos… and then credits. Technically, Bran is the King of the North. I’d love to see LS, and this episode would be the perfect time for it, but none of the tracks I’ve heard have suggested her appearance yet.

63. Melisandre
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

at the beginning of the children, its catelyn stark theme, then as it ends it starts the got main theme/stark theme mix. There, we have LS

64. Chriss
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

Ser Florian:
    Joshua Atreides,

Remember, the soundtrack also doesn’t have Oberyn’s theme, bizarrely.

65. Melisandre
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

If you watch all of catelyn’s scenes you’ll hear that. and we havent heard it since catelyn died. You’ll see, this season WILL end with LS. Trust me, I saw it in the fires

66. Skipjack
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

ArgonathofBraavos,

You are right he is, and I didn’t notice the connection. And I guess that makes Daenerys the Anti-Christ, choosing war over peace, vengeance over mercy, and so on. I wouldn’t be surprised if they might be the final battle, Ice vs. Fire. I’ve seen that speculated elsewhere but I didn’t think of it in Armageddon terms before.

67. Chris Beasley
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

I sorta doubt we’re going to see stannis at the wall because honestly, that’s a little top heavy. That is material for next season. You can’t very well have Jon shoot the shit with Mance and cover all the pontificating that will happen, AND still have time for Stannis to come. Besides it is anticlimatic. Stannis has to come when the wall has almost fallen, not while Jon and Mance are sitting down talking. Which means you need another whole battle with the wildlings attacking the wall. There isn’t time for all that, especially after a 100% wall episode 9. The people who suggest it is bran vs. white walkers are probably correct. Though I’ll agree, it does look like there is fighting north of the wall in the preview.

I’m not sure we’ll get much Boltons or Sansa/Littlefinger – their final seasons in episode 8 had a feeling of finality until next season.

68. Lyn
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

The VFX heavy battle will not be Stannis vs wildlings, I’m sure of that. It will either be Bran and co vs wights or unsullied vs dragons.

69. wizardeyes
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

This is definitely my most anticipated episode ever. Literally every scene in this episode will be something big. Usually there is one scene I’m really looking forward to with each episode -

309 – Red wedding
    402 – Joffrey’s death
    408 – Oberyn VS Mountain

Whereas this episode has Stannis arriving at the Wall, Bran & Co reaching Bloodraven & the Children of the Forest, Jaime freeing Tyrion, Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae, Arya leaving the Hound for dead and maybe Lady Stoneheart. It has the potential to be so amazing – I really hope it delivers.

70. Thoros of Brooklyn
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Joshua Atreides,

What makes you know that’s the final cue?
    They’ve used the title theme in moments in the show before, and this could very well just be an accompaniment for Arya’s departure to Braavos mixed with Sansa in the Vale. I can see this track being used for an uplifting final few moments of the episode and then end right before a more mysteriously scored LS reveal to end it.

Though the noticeable crescendo and increase in instrumentation about 10 seconds into the track could back what you’re saying, I don’t think we can know for sure that’s the final track. Unless you do or I’m missing something?

71. Mark Hogan
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

This is a link to a dude on Westeros.org claiming to have seen Episode 10 (leaked to the press supposedly) and providing a VERY detailed summary

I really doubt he’s telling the truth, but you never know. He doesn’t seem like a troll and his descriptions really seem quite authentic.

Read at your own peril. There seem to be some very troubling adaptation choices. I just hope the guy’s lying.

72. RBloodworth
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Holy crap! I honestly didn’t know that Geddy Lee joined the cast of Game of Thrones! When did that happen?

73. The Bastard
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

After seeing how this season has progressed, I completely agree with D&D that the show needs to only last 7 seasons. I don’t care if side story lines need to be cut in order to make this happen. The show is hitting such a great pace and I can’t see it happening for another 5 seasons like some fans want.

74. gewa76
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Mark Hogan,

Definite troll. He says Davos and Mel are not with Stannis, and one of the trailers before the season showed Stannis and Davos on horseback. He also switched between Brienne and Sandor breaking their legs.

75. wizardeyes
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Chris Beasley,

Stannis will arrive at the Wall next ep – 100% certainty. In the HBO synopsis it says “An unexpected arrival from north of the Wall”. You are right in saying that the VFX heavy sequence will be Bran VS Wights however we will also be seeing Stannis’ arrival. Remember the mounted knights riding through the snowy woods in the trailers? Also you may be mis-remembering the books as when Jon and Mance are talking is exactly when Stannis arrives. He takes them by surprise – its not during mid-battle.

Stannis’ men -

76. Guest of Honor
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Mark Hogan,

We’ll probably be able to know for sure as soon as the recap gets posted. If they include one ofTyrion’s convo’s about Tysha we’ll know he was lying about them leaving that out. It also wouldn’t make much sense for them to leave that out IMO.

77. Ser Florian
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Chris Beasley,

In the previews released, there are definitely scenes of Wildling’s reacting to something off screen, and several shots of cavalry charging through a snowy forest, chopping people down, Wildling’s fighting. My guess is that’s Stannis arriving. Probably exactly like the books… while Jon and Mance are talking. There’s also a line of dialogue from Tormund, I think (“the dead can’t hear us”). For time reasons, I don’t think we’ll get much beyond Stannis’ attack and victory… Maybe a brief conversation between Jon and Tormund afterwards, so Jon ends the season something other than suicidal, and they’ll leave the Wall at that.

78. The Bastard
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait until the show passes the books and then nobody will know what is coming next. Will make the show that much better.

79. gewa76
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

I’m curious about a shot of Jon that was in some of the pre-season trailers. He’s on horseback, holding a torch and carrying Longcaw, and riding through the tunnel under the Wall. I don’t remember seeing that yet this season, and am stumped as to how it would fit into episode 10.

80. jentario
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

The Bastard,

Rushing through it could be equally bad, though.
    And whoever wants 5 more seasons? Only GRRM.
    I want 8, or at least an extended 7th season. That will do.

81. Ashara D
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Joshua Atreides,

I fear that you ARE right however. I will be totally blown away if you are not, Ser Pimp.

Luka Nieto Garay,

But man vs man is not necessarily VFX (as in computer generated stuff) heavy: animal wrangler, stunt and f!blood heavy, yes. The CotF battle would qualify, and Bloodraven and at least one Child have been cast. Also, nothing is as computer-VFX heavy as interacting with the dang dragons…

Hopeful for lots of surprises and a kickin’ finale!!

82. The Bastard
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    The Bastard,

Rushing through it could be equally bad, though.
    And whoever wants 5 more seasons? Only GRRM.
    I want 8, or at least an extended 7th season. That will do.

I hope they don’t rush through the current main characters plot lines. But if they never include the extra Iron Islands or Fegon and just use other plot points to get the same results I would be perfectly fine with that. The show can only go so big and take so much time to get to the ending of the main characters, which to me are: Jon Snow, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, Bran Stark, Tyrion Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Jamie Lannister, Stannis Baratheon, & Dany Targaryan. Everything else is just filler. Sometimes awesome filler, but still filler.

83. jentario
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

gewa76,

Maybe it was cut.
    They cut a hell of a lot of scenes/lines this season.
    “As if I went to sleep for a year and the world’s fallen apart.”
    “I don’t think I can get out of this one.”
    Potentially “I would set our house on fire before I let that happen.” Though this scene could still be in the finale…
    Also, that scene where Sam asks Jon about Ygritte, and whether she is part of the raiding group. Though I’d guess that’s the same scene as the “world falling apart” line.

84. Space Cadet
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

Chriss,

I don’t think D&D are the only ones who don’t like Stannis. I don’t like Stannis and I bet he is going to die in the snow like he is about to in the books or the Boltons already killed his dumbass. I personally don’t get all this Stannis love from book readers when most of the characters in the books don’t like the asshole. So yea I think D&D are doing justice to the character and I am happy as long as they don’t make him likable.

85. winnie
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

I cannot convey how much I am panting for this episode to the point that the slight delay for me (I watch it through on demand) seems intolerable.

86. gewa76
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

I’m just purely guessing, but I think a good ending would be a montage of the Stark kids, maybe seen through Branvision, segueing into the reveal of LS. Coming after Dany chaining the dragons and Tyrion killing Tywin, it would fulfill the hopeful ending Sophie was hinting about.

87. Space Cadet
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

The Bastard,

How do you know the Iron Islands and Young Griff are fillers? They serve a purpose in the books and I think the Young Griff kid is the real deal. It is extremely possible to smuggle people in and out of the red keep and the books have proven that over and over again.

88. Ashara D
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Melisandre:

Wait…I haven’t listened to the soundtrack. If the Catelyn music is at the BEGINNING of the track, could it be a cold open featuring the Lady?? That would be cool.What d’ya think, music lovers??

89. Interior Bannisters
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

I cannot contain myself. LADY FUCKING STONEHEART! She better be in the finale. But it still will be the greatest episode of GOT and possibly the best episode of any TV show

90. The Ghost of Nymeria, of House Shaggydog, Breaker of Summer and Lady of the Grey Wind
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

STONEHEART CONFIRMED :D I will be so pissed after all this hype if she’s not in it

91. Melisandre
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

If they doesnt show the avenger i will drink poison.

92. Chickenduck
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    strokememarge,

Maybe, but I’m not sure of that.

Actually, I don’t know how the official subtitlers work. I only know that the Chinese subtitlers see it the same time we do, then do the subs as a group in the next couple of hours (crazy but true). But they’re a special case as they aren’t “official” HBO-sanctioned subtitlers!! China… works differently.

For the record, GoT is huge in China too.

93. clk
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:37 pm | Permalink

Joshua Atreides,

If you see the music “Oathkeeper” I think it’s a solid confirmarion we will see Lady Stoneheart. Maybe will finish with Bran and then get black and she appears.

94. Dutch maester
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Honestly why would anyone want a montage of the Stark kids?

95. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Mark Hogan,

There is a group of trolls who are all posting similar, yet different, things about the episode. The most unbelievable, no mention of Tysha. I’d believe Arya kills Podrick before Tysha not being brought up.

96. Lyn
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

Mark Hogan,

I really hope it’s not true. The Arya part would be too dark, even for this show. I mean if that is true I will be disgusted and heartbroken seeing that scene and I will wonder what the hell is wrong with D&D. Let’s pray for it to be false.

97. Renly's Peach
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

How do you guys feel about this?

SPOILERS

98. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Renly’s Peach,

I have no doubt Arya/The Hound will clash with Brienne/Podrick. I just don’t know the end result. Arya killing Podrick would actually make some sense, given Maisie’s constant assertions about how Arya isn’t there for you to root for. She hasn’t done anything this season that would make people not root for her. Killing Podrick would fit that bill, for some.

99. Dutch maester
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

Renly’s Peach,

Hard to say at this point until we see how they deal with it. Doesn’t have to be that consequential at all, really.

Lyn,

It is. The incredible guys on the forums there revealed he is a troll by asking some sharp questions. He made a few big mistakes. It’s fake. No need for prayer.

100. Mark Hogan
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

Renly’s Peach,

Brienne and the Hound fight.

It is known.

Or rather, it has been known for many days despite those who refuse to believe it. But I always felt this would be right up D&D alley.

Ridiculous meetings just because they get a kick out of it.

Plus despite what most say, the “Oathkeeper” track is clearly a darker version of the Hound’s theme, heard many times in prior seasons, most notably in “Blackwater” (the Hound and Bronn in the brothel) and in “And Now His Watch Is Ended” (the Hound in the cave with the Brotherhood)

LS is looking unlikely, sadly

101. RBloodworth
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

It’s pretty clear from everything that I’ve seen and heard so far that Brienne and Podrick cross paths with Arya and the Hound in the season finale. Now, what happens between them is another story. Two people who claim to have seen this episode have said that Arya kills Pod, while another said that she stabs him, but he was still alive. All three state that Brienne severely injures the Hound and leaves him for dead, but that Arya manages to get away from her and escape to Braavos.

102. Dark Heart
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

I guess anymore Giant and Mammoth footage is wishful thinking.

Would be nice to have a Mammoth cutting down some cavalry…

103. Lyn
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Dutch maester,

Thank you so much! I was so worried Arya would kill Pod, it would be horrible.

104. Broken Wolf
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Melisandre,

The avenger? Is that what you’re calling Lady Stoneheart now?

105. mariamb
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

Lyn,

Yes. That would be horrible…and terrible choice on the part of the writers.

On a different subject, how is it possible to confirm or deny the appearance of LS based on music?

106. Brodor
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

The Hound and Brie are not meeting. If you watch the trailer in slow motion it shows “oathkeeper” being drawn then cuts to the scene with the hound, but this is misleading. Right in the next scene you can see two people tumbling down the side of a mountain. At 1st it looks like one but when you pause it, it is clearly two. One definitely looks like the Hound and the other not like Brie or Pod. More likely it’s the Braavosi captain thats credited for the season(and hasnt appeared yet) or someone that is with him.This makes much more sense because Arya can then leave with him. Bri and Pod will meet the Brotherhood and LS will be revealed. It is known. I think it will actually show Beric die versus just having LS appear.

107. Johnny Camp
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

What’s everyone’s best guess at the opening scene of the episode?

108. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

Johnny Camp,

Jon and Mance and Stannis!

109. Ahmed Shafaq
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

Broken Wolf:
    Melisandre,

The avenger? Is that what you’re calling Lady Stoneheart now?

Yes. she is the avenger and she has a great part in whats about to come. The fire does not lie.

110. Roger König
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

uhm, i just took another look into the preview-clip of the finale and i noticed something, more someone..

at 0:25: Is that Euron? Looks like he has only one eye or wears an eyespatch? first i thought of bloodraven, but thats not the bloodraven actor. since the scene is mostly black with a face in it, is it maybe a second of bran’s vision or whatever he gets sunday? i might be totally wrong, but who is this?

111. Brodor
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

After checking out that picture it sure does seem like the Hound and Brie will meet. I still believe LS will be in the episode. It will be a scene like Beric sacrificing himself. Maybe Brie will meet her next season?

112. JTargs
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Johnny Camp,

Kit Harington said in an interview with Elle posted yesterday that the episode opens with Jon.

113. JTargs
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

Roger König:

That’s Tyrion in the black cells.

114. MW
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

You guys are getting yourselves all worked up over the potential appearance of a certain character, and you are just setting yourselves up to be disappointed just like you were this week when a certain other character didn’t appear at the end of the battle (which he didn’t in the books either by the way).

115. Roger König
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

JTargs: That’s Tyrion in the black cells.

Ok, guess you are right. I saw this face totally different at first. But now i see it.

116. caoimay
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

just realised it airs on father’s day

117. Delta1212
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

fuelpagan:
    Josla,

You’re not alone.

It’s a small price to pay for all the new weekly articles I never read.

118. ReadJunk
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

“Oathkeeper” sounds very eerie and could very well be the track for LS but it’s prob. just for Hound / Brienne if that happens. “The Children” starts off with The North/Winterfell theme but then after that is very upbeat so I just don’t know if its for LS.

119. Ginevra
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Renly’s Peach,

And yet GRRM has described Arya as his second favorite character. Surely they wouldn’t vilify GRRM’s second favorite character.

And I really would love it if LS shows up after the credits, in a five to ten second snippet.

120. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

I’m starting to get nervous about Lady Stoneheart appearing. I keep going back and forth on whether I think it will happen. I’m especially scared that I’ll have difficulty judging the rest of the scenes, which are sure to be amazing on their own merits. The disappointment would taint the whole episode.

I’m way too invested in this show I think!

121. Jen@House Stark
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister:
    jentario,

14ccKemiskt,

LS way cooler endin than THRUM to black.Don’t let the final scene be Tywin…….

122. Fredo
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Roger König,

Actually looks like he’s got new scratches. Like defensive wounds.

123. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

Jen@House Stark,

You are setting yourselves up for disappointment, I fear. I’m not going into the episode expecting her to appear.

124. Interior Bannisters
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    WeirwoodTreeHugger,

Jen@House Stark,

But..but…but…Lena’s instagram….*cries*

125. House Ray
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Mark Hogan,

95% chance that’s BS however if true, very satisfying. Kit said the episode opens with Jon so that might nix it right there.

EVERYONE

When do the recaps get posted on youtube? Is it the same account every time? Thanks!

126. Roger König
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Fredo:
    Roger König,

Actually looks like he’s got new scratches. Like defensive wounds.

yeah, could be. :)

Jen@House Stark,

At this moment, i would take bets she’s in there. Dont worry. :) (I’m serious!)

127. norman leal
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

looking foward to seeing leaf and lady stoneheart. Stannis will also be the mannis!!!!

128. SkyWrathMage
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

Yeah. It’s already confirmed that the there would be a “Wight Attack” north of the wall. Based from the Emmy PDF, there’d be “3 wights with silicone make-ups and skeletal appliances for VFX to create negative space”. So I guess this is what Graves is referring to as the VFX-heavy battle.

I also don’t think we’d get a whole battle between Stannis and Mance. Considering the number of other epic scenes in the finale, most likely we’d get Stannis’ arrival to save the day, a minute of battle and fast forward to the end result.

And yeah. Expect the worst. No Stoneheart, guys. They might keep her for Season 5.

I hope we’ll have a strong confrontation between Tyrion and Tywin. That would be heartbreaking, with Tywin saying, “You are no son of mine!”
    Then wooosh, there goes the crossbow.

129. bearpitticketmaster
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

I couldn’t be more convinced that LS appears. Between Lena’s Instagram picture, the Anguy actor tweeting then deleting that he was filming Season 4, and now reading Sophie Turner’s quote above, I just don’t see how she doesn’t appear.

130. Interior Bannisters
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

bearpitticketmaster:

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT The Anguy actor tweeted he was filming in season 4…. I did not know this.

131. falstaff
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

I think another detail to support the appearance of LS is that in the 25-minute season three recap, “Politics of Power”, they spent a pretty decent amount of time focusing on the Brotherhood, and even named Beric, whereas they didn’t even mention Gendry, which makes sense since we know he didn’t film for this season. I don’t think they would’ve included that if they weren’t going to have some relevance this season.

132. bearpitticketmaster
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

Interior Bannisters,

I’ve seen that mentioned on the Westeros forums on a few occasions where it was discussed as fact, although I’ve never actually seen photo evidence that the tweet exists.

133. Saar
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

Jen@House Stark: Seven help me, Sister, if I don’t get Lady Stoneheart on Sunday, I will go screaming down the street all the way to Fleabottom :)

haha I know how you feel…
    if Lady Stoneheart doesn’t appear the whole episode will be a huge let down to me to be honest.
    But seriously guys, I just can’t see them not using her at the end of this episode… I mean the scene would only take like a minute (remember the entire red wedding was like 5 min) and its just a perfect shocker and a it will make unsullied eager and pumped to see season 5.

134. Polish
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

It’s sooo funny how the Stoneheart speculation here is exactly identical to the speculation from last year. She won’t be in the final! I’ll pull a Thenn and eat some crow if I’m wrong. But I think people are getting way too geeked up about it

135. Polish
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

Meaning that everyone was speculating they’d end last season with Stoneheart, they were convinced, they were analyzing the music and saying “it sounds creepy here, it must be Stoneheart”!

136. Jen@House Stark
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

Saar: haha I know how you feel…

Oh, I’m so glad I am not the only one who wants/needs this. Let’s face it, who wants to see me Stark raving mad? Ah, no one :)

137. strokememarge
    Posted June 11, 2014 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

Mark Hogan,

Thanks for the link, if nothing more than reading those posters over on Westeros go flipping crazy, it was worth logging on today.
    The troll is coming up with conjectures, based on books, clips, previous articles, etc. Carice already mentioned she had a difficult riding scene this season. No way Hound and Arya fight near Vale, then 15 minutes later she is on the coast, which is like hundreds of miles away. Two different Frey’s killed Talisa and Catleyn. He was caught in his trolling, he said one time it was the Hound who broke his leg then next it was Brienne.

My new Christmas Wish for next season, 12 episodes with the premiere and finale being 90 minutes each. We need more episodes with all the new story arcs, I refuse to spend less time with Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Dany, Jon, Theon, Arya, Sansa, etc.

138. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:03 am | Permalink

Polish,

I never thought we’d see her last year. Would’ve been a departure from the books, it would have fucked with the impact of RW, and would be been a waste of what is bound to be great cliffhanger material for this season…. The unsullied hype will be ridiculous. This is different. If we don’t get her Sunday, we may not get her at all, and it seems like too big of a jump away from the books.

gewa76,

That’s fucking interesting…

139. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:10 am | Permalink

Jen@House Stark,

That would be a terrible waste of breath. Have no fear, she will appear!

140. Dave
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:11 am | Permalink

I’m both excited and worried. They may peak out here with this episode. To be honest, thus far, Martin kind of did with the end of the 3rd book that will make up this season finale. The ratings will be there though, just, it’s going to be awfully difficult to top what is coming in this episode, in all stories, with all characters.

141. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:17 am | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

This is a very Buddhist approach Pimpslap. Suffering is rooted in our own attachments. This endless cycle will not break untill we learn to truly let go or even better, LS starts hangin some Freys!!!!

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

Feel ya! See above :)

142. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:20 am | Permalink

Dave,

It’ll be fine, everybody invested now wants to know the end game.

143. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:30 am | Permalink

Jen@House Stark,

And I wasn’t talking shit just now, just dont wanna see you go wasting your breath screaming :)

caoimay,

No shit! Wow, hadnt even crossed my mind yet….. Season opened on my daughters birthday, closin on dads day. Serendipity rules!

STOKED!!!

Off topic: I don’t know if this has been discussed here, I’m sure it has elsewhere, but I have been thinking about Baelish/Varys lately. Anybody think LF’s Braavosi ancestry has some significance in his apparent rivalry with Varys? Perhaps the Braavosi and the Dragons are still at war?

144. Monica
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:31 am | Permalink

Lady Stoneheart! We all want to see her, even without the scene of Nymeria and the BWB. I wonder if she’ll help Jon Snow, in the future. He seemed unscathed when rolling around in fire in that last battle, by the way.

The spoiler on WIC looked legitimate to me.

Wasn’t Pod supposed to be hung? Seems as though he dies either way.

145. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 1:09 am | Permalink

Monica,

If this happens I suppose this is indeed confirmation that he ain’t gonna make it

I don’t see it happening, but who knows?

146. Junarta Taufik
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:04 am | Permalink

Balerion The Cat,

Agreed.
    Pyp as well.

147. Matt
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:14 am | Permalink

jentario,

Yesssss stark kid montage at the end Arya approaching the Titan of bravos, Sansa looking back at the eyrie and then continuing on, rickon and OSHA, JON SNOW STARK CONFIRMATION and then finally bran touching the weirwood and seeing LS!!! Brilliant!!! That would be such an uplifting positive and amazing end, plus a good way to include little finger and Sansa

148. Matt
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 3:24 am | Permalink

D&D surely remember how badly the Dany crowd surfing BS ending of Season 3 went down. How utterly underwhelming it was and how it generating absolutely zero interest in season 4 at the time. In fact I remember some people calling it the jump the shark moment. My god. It was so painful to watch, and to end the season on such a dumb happy note was poor.

What D&D have now with LS is a gift horse. An absolute shocker of a scene. A complete WTF moment that will keep the internet buzzing for days after, and not the “what the fuck bs ending was that with Dany crowd surfing” kind of buzz. The OMFG this show is amazing with this completely unexpected twists!!!! Kind of buzz.

D&D, don’t f this up. Give us LS

149. Daenerys Naharis
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 4:51 am | Permalink

Gwen Christie did say she bit someone’s ear in one of the eps, so it’s most probably The Hound.

As for Pod, GRRM confirmed that he’s still alive even after he was hung. If D&D kills him, I will be pissed. Shocked, then pissed.

I would love to see Lady Stoneheart, too. Geez, I can’t wait for the finale!

150. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 5:11 am | Permalink

jentario:
    Joshua Atreides,

That was me. I’m convinced of it, based on the music.

151. JamesL
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 5:36 am | Permalink

Matt,

Some unsullied might have thought Dany’s crowd surfing moment was a jumping the shark moment but that will be nothing compared to all the jumping the shark comments this show will get if they include the ridiculous Lady Stoneheart character. I can’t believe how many people actually think that stupid character will get a positive reaction.

152. Matt
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 6:30 am | Permalink

JamesL,

They won’t because Michelle Fairley. A recognizable face, back from the dead, to avenge her family… Much more compelling than Danys racist activities

153. Dornishman
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 6:38 am | Permalink

Rewind 52 weeks, and you have the same discussion regarding Lady Stoneheart and the season 3 finale track “Mysha”.

Look how that turned out.

“The Children” track runs for 2:40 min. Half of it will likely be the credits. Personally, I hope she doesn’t show up. Never liked her character, and it takes away from the RW.

154. Jason Yager
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 6:54 am | Permalink

A “battle so complex” doesn’t sound like 2 kids a cripple and Hodor fleeing wights.

155. Shock Me
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:19 am | Permalink

The problem with being a showrunner on the adaptation of a beloved series of books is that every twat with a mouth is second-guessing you. But if you start to second guess yourself it’s over. For your show, for all you twats, for everyone subscribing to HBO.

When the episode is over, twats can go back to second-guessing D&D, and D&D can go back to doing whatever they feel like and wish the twats had girlfriends who could distract them from tweeting.

156. JamesL
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:25 am | Permalink

Jason Yager,

I think he is talking about the wight attack. If you read the details of HBOs Emmy submission for make up and VFX for “The Children” it highlights that that scene will be using a significant amount VFX. This is what it says
    “wight attack, 4 hero, 3 midfull head silicone make ups. Green suits with full body skeltal appliances for VFX to create negative space”

157. Langas
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:26 am | Permalink

She will appear. 100%. It’s the perfect time, it’s the ending we are waiting for, it just takes a minute or two… It will happen. And it will be awesome.

Also, STANNIS!! STANNIS!!

158. JamesL
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:27 am | Permalink

Dornishman,

Thank you, I thought I was the only person on here that actually hopes she gets cut.

159. JamesL
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Langas,

She’s is going to be cut and the nerd rage is going to be glorious.

160. cubicz
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Greatjon of Slumber,

I’m hoping he’ll show up at the fighting pits next year. Could use one champion to focus on

161. Dutch maester
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:10 am | Permalink

Wasn’t Pod supposed to be hung?

“No larger than usual, apparently”

162. Vargoat
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Bard,

His name is Three-Finger Hobb and he swings his giant cleaver on foes and onions alike

163. Ginevra
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Dutch maester,

LoL! Hanged. I’m sure Monica meant “hanged.”

I loved LS until she started messing with my girl Brienne. After that, not so much. Catelyn was never very lovable, but LS is inhuman and inhumane. And yet I’d still like to see her, just less often.

164. Vargoat
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:35 am | Permalink

And of course: If they cut Lady Stoneheart, we riot!!! I swear i will mount my dragen fly over to HBO and rip D&D apart.

165. Bard
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Vargoat:
    Bard,

I know, but he hasn’t been named on the show yet. Anyway, I hope we’ll see that guy again. He’s the Steven Seagal of Westeros. Don’t mess with the cook!

166. James Shaker
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

What does “Branakinslayer!” mean?

167. Jen@House Stark
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

Thanks, Sister! Can’t believe I have any breath left after that hockey game last night, jeez.

168. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:54 am | Permalink

James Shaker,

That was just off the cuff…. But…

For one, it’s prolly a better nod to my favorite character from the books than Sister Wrister……………………..

Bit it’s all just speculation anyway. What does it say to you?

169. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Jen@House Stark,

Hockey is not really my thing but after some of these performances lately I am ALL IN for Seattle to bring in a team, which is sortof in the works.
    I really hope some of the officiating is not intended to stoke out the west and gain a market though……….

You’re a rangers fan?

170. James Shaker
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

I don’t know! You lost me with Sister Wrister. I tried to look up the Sister Wrister character, but couldn’t find anything. I’ve read the books but am lost on your speculation. I’d love to hear your theory, though.

171. Jen@House Stark
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Sister Wrister:
    Jen@House Stark,

You’re a rangers fan?

Of course, Rygar is a Rangers fan, so, fleas will support them :) And fook the King(s)!

172. Wodja
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Thoros of Brooklyn,

Would be interesting to see a Bran’s eyebrows vs. Daenerys’ eyebrows battle. Who would win that one I wonder?

173. House Mormont
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

I’d rather find out who assassinated Bran through Bloodraven than have Lady Stoneheart. Especially if it means no Brienne&Pod/ Stoneheart&theBrotherhood and Jaime&Riverrun storylines next season to make way for the new storylines

174. Hollyoak
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

I hope this episode really delivers, as I was sorely disappointed by “the Watchers on the Wall.”

Looking around the web, this episode really seemed to divide fans of the show. It was one of the few episodes where I truly felt…nothing.

None of the alleged emotional points got to me. The moments that were supposed to be sincere, fell flat. To me, at least. The only tug of emotion I felt was when Grenn and his fellow black brothers were up against the giant, scared and trembling, as Grenn rallied them to take up the Night’s Watch anthem as their rally cry.

Anyway, I really hope it delivers.

175. zerowolf
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Ser Florian,

Most viewers haven’t read the books, aren’t as obsessive as most of us on here and probably wouldn’t know who Cat was/is. Makes sense to me. Check out the ‘Honest Trailer – Game Of Thrones’ video on youtube to see how most people identify the characters on the show – that’s how most of my friends are…

176. Rain
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

If it ends on Dany again, I’ll be so sad. It really has no reason to end on that self entitled maniac at all.

I mean, from a personal perspective I dislike her, and that’s only opinion. But narrative wise? Really, it’s a show about so many stories and so many people. Leave off Dany, yeah?

We all know how this needs to end. ;3

177. T
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

That music is WAY too upbeat & triumphant for it to be about LS.

178. John M W
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

T:
    That music is WAY too upbeat & triumphant for it to be about LS.

179. Interior Bannisters
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

John M W: I tend to agree. I really do believe that the very end will be the reveal of The Children of the Forest.

That wouldn’t be nearly as cheesy but it would still be as lackluster as Mhysa. Its not a cliffhanger. As book readers, we know very little of the CotF. Show watchers may have heard the name once. Also, I doubt that they would end the season on Bran, who hasn’t even shown up since episode 5. Damn it, LS is just the perfect way to end. It has to happen :’( And “The Children” doesn’t have to be the final music. It might just be the credits. “Valar Morghulis” wasn’t the ending theme of Season 2.

180. John M W
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

Interior Bannisters,

The last track on the Season 2 album was actually “Three Blasts” – and it was the ending music.

The only exception to the “last track on the album being the end credits music” was For the Realm on the Season 3 album, and that’s because the piece was done exclusively for the album.

Anyway, it’s only 3 days away now and we’ll have our answer.

181. Lexyvil
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

There are notions on different articles implying that it’ll last 75 minutes, some say 80 minutes and here it says 66.

I hope for at least longer than 70 minutes; it would really make up for the short length episodes we had so far and it would be long enough to wrap up most of the story arcs for next season.

182. John M W
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

Lexyvil:

I don’t know about the 80 minute figure, but they could be getting 75 minutes from the fact that it’s scheduled to run from 9:00-10:15. But that doesn’t mean it’s a full 75 minutes, merely that the next program doesn’t start until 10:15 (the gap will be filled with ads).

HBO’s description has it running for 66 minutes, so I think we can pretty much guarantee that’s the runtime.

183. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 12, 2014 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

James Shaker,

My screen name is a sick joke gone too far- rooted in.. errrr , uh, ehem… stemming from, a speculative conversation about the love life and sexual weirdness of everyone’s favorite twincesters. Particularly the specific demands of cersei, and Jaime’s willingness to oblige.

As to Branakin, I’m no expert, but you should find plenty of speculation if you look hard enough….

184. donks
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 4:16 am | Permalink

With all these Stannis comments all I can think of is the crowd’s return to that old Smokie song ‘Living next door to Alice’. Stannis? Where the fuck is Stannis?!?

Posted June 13, 2014 at 4:34 am | Permalink

Hollyoak,

Have you tried re-watching it yet? I enjoyed it the first time, but I feel like all the hype made it feel a little strange. Epic, but a little flat.

On the re-watch, I loved it. In fact, I say it’s in my Top 10 episodes for sure. There’s not much story progression or development, but as a medieval battle set piece, it’s amazing. Possibly nearly on par with Helm’s Deep, which is really saying something IMO. It’s not the best episode of GOT, but it’s still ridiculously awesome and entertaining.

As for the emotional moments, Ygritte’s death really worked for me. Grenn too. Pyp’s wasn’t great, but better the second time (great acting from Sam.

186. jentario
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 6:59 am | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

What the hell is wristing? Hardcore fisting? Well done

187. Genevosey
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Thoros of Brooklyn,

AHHAHAHAAHHA

188. chameleon
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

zerowolf,

Thanks for that link! HAHAHAHA, awesome.

189. WildSeed
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Lex:
    Hollyoak,

Honestly felt the same way about the episode. Since it re-aired several times ( possibly to fill the gap of a short season for ” Silicon Valley ” ? ), I tolerated it better somehow. I’m really impressed with John Bradley’s portrayal of Samwell, however the overemphasis of the ” love story ” premise bores me to hell. That ” Kill Chain ” at the Wall was truly awesome ! Did anyone hear Mance singing …. off in the distant snowbank ? Must have been the wind *>*

190. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Yes Jentario, that what it is, or… Would be? As I said, it’s a sick joke, but I am happy to see you can put two and two together. Does that make you uncomfortable? I didn’t know you were such a Puritan. Would you prefer Goldmember? In the show, she did commission his new piece. Proof that she’s into it?

191. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted June 13, 2014 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

You’re so twisted, Sister. :)

Greatjon of Slumber:
    The real question is when are we getting STRONG BELWAS??

Your Belwas is my Penny.

192. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Cheers homey. You think twisted sister were pretenders??? “We’re not gonna take it, NO! We ain’t gonna take it…”. They had some pretty weird hair…

And, your penny is my Val

193. SkyWrathMage
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 11:58 am | Permalink

Ooops. I just talked to D&D. I had them removed Lady Stoneheart.
    AHAHAHAHAHAH

1. […] executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, and directed by Alex Graves. The showrunners are already teasing “The Children” as the show’s finest finale yet, and Graves has com… that the episode includes a fight so VFX-heavy that it most likely wouldn’t even be ready […]

2. […] of Thrones show runners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss promised that the finale of Season 4, entitled “The Children”, would be the finest hour of the […]