Curtain Call: Rory McCann — CAN’T. NO. NO. I WON’T!
By Fire And Blood on in Editorial.

Sandor_profile

Yeah, I know I have to. But I can’t.

Yes, yes, it’s my solemnly-sworn duty here at WiCnet, but I…

I just can’t.

imagesSee, a part of me keeps saying, “They can TELL me he’d dead, but… there’s no actual PROOF he’s dead.”

There’s no PROOF.

Just like the books, we did not actually physically watch the Hound breathe his last breath.

If he’s gone, I’ll do an actual curtain call when the SHOW ends. But no sooner. So consider this his pre-curtain call.

But hell, we have to do something. So let’s raise a toast to the man, the performer, the force of fucking nature that is Rory MacCann. This is a dude who marches to the beat of his own drummer; the man lived by himself in a tent in Iceland for an extended period of time, and probably just for the hell of it. It’s no great shock that he gets on so well with Maisie Williams; they’re both just so beautifully odd.

… Man, I can’t say any more. He was–IS–the Hound. Rory took a role that could have been one-beat and two-dimensional and he made Sandor freaking real.

So give the man some love, and if we don’t see him back at some point, well…

We riot.

Here. Enjoy some damned pictures, you scurvy lot.

"Sandor Clegane" by Lana Chestnut

“Sandor Clegane” by Lana Chestnut

Oh, and if you want to follow Rory in the offseason, he’ll be co-starring in Slow West with Michael Fassbender, and will be appearing on the television show Banished, starring David Wenham.

(The Hound and Faramir. I’d see that.)

(Okay, the Hound and Magneto. I’d really see that.)

rory-mccann

Thanks for being awesome, Rory! You’re beloved!

enhanced-buzz-26918-1363806327-0

We better see you here again.

1. Zack
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

We didn’t see a body. He was injured.

If TV has taught me anything, it’s that unless the death itself happens on screen or we see a corpse….wait and see

But…a thread to praise the incredible talent that isRory McCann, shit. This is as good a time as any.

I’m gonna have to eat every fucking chicken in this room.

2. Aldi_A
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

“The Hound is dead, Sandor is at rest.”
    I hope the hound returns as the gravedigger

3. Nigel Bradley
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

He’s not dead. He’s got to stay alive to fight some strong guy called Robert ;-)

4. tiny direwolf
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

fuck the king!

5. A flayed man none
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

Can’t say enough about MacCann’s performance. He put the puppy into the Hound, gave him the heart and soul that let this poor, disfigured killer become a sympathetic character and a fan favorite. Truly awesome.

I hope we haven’t seen the last of him.

6. gisizzlah
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

What the fuck’s a Lommy?

Nomination for best one liner….

7. Beth
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

It breaks my heart, I can’t imagine watching GoT for however long it lasts an know Rory won’t be in it. Yeah an episode or two without him in it was ok, but this is too much. AND IF THEY DO BRING SANDOR BACK IT BETTER BE RORY AND NO RECAST. You gave the Hound a real life, thanks and I best of luck in future endeavors. Woof !

8. Zack Luye
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

Please don’t leave us

9. Fancy word for a sellsword
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

“Lots of people name their swords”

“Lots of cunts!”

10. Caravaggio
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

Get hype.

Rory infused tenderness into his growls, bitterness into his tears. His burned face make-up wisely did not detract from his acting, but enhanced it.

His final scene with Maesie was beautiful, heartbreaking, and sublime. I’ve seen the fourth season finale thrice now, and that sequence is truly one that will stand out throughout the show’s entire run. A superb one-act play all by itself.

Just know that somewhere, out there, the Hound is enjoying a swim in an icy lake, and impressing ladies with his significantly large…. kilt. All while downing a steaming hot pile of Scott’s Porage Oats.

11. Redcrow
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

Fuck the King!

12. tiny direwolf
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

I want to see the Hound have one happy memory before he dies.I also want to see him reach down and pet Septon Meribald’s dog and exchange a glance with Brienne

13. Sandor Claws
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 11:48 pm | Permalink

The best thing about Rory in this role is how hard he worked…training, rehearsing. I appreciate how seriously he took the job, how hard he tried, and his interviews & appearances. His work this season is Emmy worthy. Fuck the rest.

14. Lady Mychelle
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:15 am | Permalink

Gravedigger!!

15. patchface
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:23 am | Permalink

This is just stupid. Sandor isn’t dead. We didn’t even see him dying.

16. AngryGoTFan
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:24 am | Permalink

BY THAT LOGIC YOU HAVE TO DO ONE FOR GENDRY TOO

17. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:24 am | Permalink

That we didn’t see him die doesn’t mean anything. We didn’t see Syrio Forel die. Or Dagmer the Cleftjaw. Or Xaro Xhoan Daxos.
    Yet they’re all dead.

18. Ryan
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:26 am | Permalink

Do I believe he’s dead? Narp.

Seriously, everyone check out Hot Fuzz if you haven’t already. Amazing film, and Rory is amazing in it.

19. Dammit Patrice
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:35 am | Permalink

Ryan,

YARP!

20. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:39 am | Permalink

Fuck your water, bring me wine!

Hopefully we see Rory again on GoT but if not, thanks Rory for bringing the Hound to life and making him awesome.

21. Grynthaline
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Something tells me there’s significance in the place he “died”. The Vale. Hmmm….

22. KG
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:48 am | Permalink

I still say he looks like an unholy experiment combined Sean Connery and Brad Garrett.

23. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:52 am | Permalink

Anyone talking specifics from the books beyond what FireandBlood said, use spoiler codes, okay?

24. Jackol
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:57 am | Permalink

Rory was utterly brilliant as the Hound. He will be sorely missed.

Sandor isn’t dead in the books, of course, but unless GRRM has some radical plans for him down the track it’s hard to see how he will get any more screen time in GoT. Perhaps there is some consolation in knowing that somewhere out there Sandor is living what best approximates a peaceful existence in Westeros. Even if he isn’t dead, he has finally left his pain behind him.

25. Zack
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:17 am | Permalink

patchface,

I think it’s brought up in the book that his injury makes it unlikely that he would ever fight again. Personally, I love him as the grave digger simply because he deserves contentment and a peaceful existence. I don’t need to see him return to fight his undead brother and probably die for good. That would be sad. Let him have a happy ending! So I think a one-episode cameo is likely but beyond that, I don’t know.

26. 3eyes
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:28 am | Permalink

He were luverly after all, weren’t he? A woman grieves.

27. Ser Osis of Liver
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:30 am | Permalink

I’m getting my hype on. UnGregor has just been lying around being transfused and getting zombie lessons or something. Sandor’s been getting good cardio and upper body workouts with all that digging, and with little or no alcohol. I know they don’t have oranges, but do they have lots of chickens on the Quiet Isle? Who knows….maybe SanSan fans will get their wish, too!

28. Mikken's Mark
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:34 am | Permalink

When I ‘erd the Hound died, I didn’t believe it……but here e is.

{M}

29. Greenjones
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:35 am | Permalink
  30. Arthur
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:01 am | Permalink

Rory as The Hound was amazing.

We will miss him!

And this KFC commercial is the best!

31. Kevin
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:18 am | Permalink

If I see a curtain call for Rory I am going to have to eat every fucking chicken in this place.

32. Dragon Tender
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:33 am | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm:
    Yet they’re all dead.

So they want you to think.

BWAHAHAHAHAH

33. Zack Luye
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:41 am | Permalink

Caravaggio:
    Get hype.

this

Kevin:

these

34. Fire And Blood
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:44 am | Permalink

Greenjones,

Tsk. They forgot Biter. Everyone always forgets Biter.

35. Grijnwaald
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:46 am | Permalink

Rory McCann is brilliant, he seems like such a nice bloke and great to get on with. I really hope we do see him again but I’m skeptical.

He is easily one of my favourite actors and the Hound is easily one of my favourite characters on the programme.

36. sjwenings
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Whats with all the best actors leaving Game of thrones? Not that there isn’t a ton of talent left, but still…

Rory really brought it this season. And his final scene is one of the top ten, maybe top five acting performances on this show so far, for me.

Love his performance, and he seems like a really fun guy. Hoping for a final interview with him.

37. Marcin Bartnicki
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:03 am | Permalink

I guess you could consider this a testimony to the show’s wonderful cast that even if you only considered the characters killed off this season you would have so many amazing actors – Jack Gleeson, Charles Dance, Pedro Pascal, to name but a few.

38. Moët
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:07 am | Permalink

“Alright, just point out the next map shop you see and I’ll buy you one.”

Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:08 am | Permalink

He’ll be missed if we don’t see him again. This was Rory’s best season, the writing did him justice!

40. Kissed by Glasgow
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:45 am | Permalink

His final scene was absolutely tremendous but for me, the scene with the fight at the inn was the best of the whole season. Superb in every way. Goodbye big man. You did Scotland proud!

41. loco73
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 4:14 am | Permalink

Amen to this Not-A-Curtain Call…we’ll see what happens with The Hound on the show…

I consider Rory McCann to be one of the pillars of “Game Of Thrones”. Just think about it, we saw him for the very first time when the pilot aired over 4 years ago now?!?!? Think how long he has inhabited the character of Sandor Clegane! He has been with us since the very beginning!

To say that I admire and respect this man would be an understatement. I loved every minute he was on-screen and how he brought The Hound to life with such skill and passion. It is infectious to see an actor who so relishes the part he’s been given. So how can you not love both Rory McCann and The Hound?!?!?

The Hound is for me the perfect anti-hero in the world of Westero a world so richly created by Martin and beautifuly rendered on the show. He cuts through all the bullshit, hypocrisy and lies, and gets to the heart of the matter with his brutal truth lessons.

He forces all the characters he interacts with, to look in a not-so-flattering mirror and see their own shortcomings and imperfections.

That is why he fits in soo well with Arya, because like him, she does not abide fake and phony, they both compliment eachother so well because they see the world they live in for what it is…not a sugarcoated version of it!

Rory and Maisie have given all us fans some unforgetable moments on the show! Kudos to both!

And a deep, depp bow to Rory McCann and a huge thank you for the gift he gave me, and all of us, through his hardwork and dedication to the story and the show! “Game Of Thrones” could not have a better ambassador!

I will refrain from saying anything definitive until we learn more about what his ultimate and intended fate is…but Rory you are one rocking dude my man!

Fuck Water and Fuck The King!

42. Evi
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 4:39 am | Permalink

Love you Rory! Sandor isn’t dead, he’s too good a character to have an ending like that. And Sansan’s got to happen some time in the future! ;)

While we wait for Rory to come back, here’s a compilation of the Hound and Arya’s insults to each other: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu7cMnHhc1g

43. Almost A Knight
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 4:42 am | Permalink

He is the MVP of this season. I thought last episode was gonna be Dinklage’s night but apparently not. His fighting with Brienne and finally his dying scene… really the best scene of the finale. As book reader, I didn’t expect that scene to be the best scene of the finale.

Emmy award may not recognize you, Rory… but I’m pretty sure the inner circle of Game of Thrones fandom will remember you fondly. Best of luck, Rory!

44. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 4:54 am | Permalink

A HOUUUUUUUUUUUND!

What the fuck are you doing with the Stark bitch?

Rory Mcann is a fookin legend!

R.F.A.

(Rest for awhile)

45. TheBerylfly
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 5:05 am | Permalink

Everyone in this thread eat a fucking chicken right now

46. Carolina
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 5:42 am | Permalink

I agree, no curtain call!!!!

I love this show and looked forward to Rory ‘s interpretation of the Hound every time I tuned in. He definitely deserves some sort of gong, because every performance, each line delivery was outstanding. It wasn’t just the writing, he was the one to give them life. I feel like I have lost a loved one and will never see them again.

I am so hoping that he is not gone from the show and that he’ll surprise us by coming back for some sort of special mission.

Hats off to you Mr. McCann I hope that you will not always be so terribly underrated by the acting establishment because you are a truly awesome actor.

47. Shock Me
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 6:09 am | Permalink

Well done, Rory. And no I don’t mean the side of your face. I’ll have the every fucking chicken in this room deal please.

48. GeekFurious
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 6:16 am | Permalink

YARP!

49. arya_fan
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 6:24 am | Permalink

I’m glad you didn’t do a real curtain-call because.. well as you said the show hasn’t shown him to be dead yet. So I’m gonna use this post just to say how much I enjoyed Rory’s Hound, I think he did complete justice to his character.

And that final moment with Arya, I can’t just even say how much I liked the way both the actors portrayed it. So thank you Mr. McCann and I really hope the gravediggr theory will be right or.. I will riot with you, Fire and Blood :P.

50. Grey Ghost
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 6:26 am | Permalink

When did he die?

51. Dame of Mercia
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 7:01 am | Permalink

KG:

You’re hard to please!!! Okay Rory McCann isn’t cut out of the same mold as what they used to call a “matinee idol”. He isn’t raving ugly though (at least not in my opinion though “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”). Actually Sean Connery was not bad-looking in his Bond days (though he did have to wear a crown-topper). I liked RM’s portrayal of the Hound – an interesting character, perhaps more of a baddy-baddy than a goody-goody, but he did keep Arya alive when he need not have done so (albeit he was hoping to get a ransome for her).

52. Summer
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 7:11 am | Permalink

He will die. Him leaving was just Arya’s way of getting revenge. He’s practically dead and will not come back.

53. A Man Grown
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 7:13 am | Permalink

The Hound/Arya/Brienne sequence was easily the best part of the season finale. And while Gwendoline and Maisie did great jobs with their roles, it was mostly because of Rory. I think Rory’s work in The Children might be the best acting anyone has ever done on this show so far. I really hope we see him again.

54. zambi76
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 7:24 am | Permalink

It’s just a flesh wound!

55. mariamb
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Zack:

Agree – let The Hound have a happy ending. I don’t need to see him back in the cesspool that is Kings Landing. Let him live on in peace on the Quiet Isle.

We lost a lot of good ones this season and that includes Rory. I knew the deaths were coming so I was prepared but this one is still tough. I just don’t want to accept that we have seen the last of Rory. He was a master in this role. In lesser hands, The Hound could have been reduced to a caricature. I will never forget his resignation speech in the midst of the Blackwater battle…classic. Bravo, Rory; you will be missed.

56. Colin Hicks
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 8:22 am | Permalink

Yarp!

57. arya_fan
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 8:27 am | Permalink

Summer:

I have to quote what Maisie Williams said in a recent interview: “But in “Game of Thrones,” unless you’ve got a dagger in your heart, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re dead

58. Usurper Dog
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 8:27 am | Permalink

His scenes were definitely the best this season. I hope he come back to kick some ass.

59. House Mormont
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Why aren’t you posting GOO?

60. Raluca
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 9:27 am | Permalink

If anything, I think the series made it clear that he is NOT dead.
    But if we’re looking for an excuse to praise Rory McCann’s terrific performance, by all means, I’M IN! :)

61. Wodja
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 9:51 am | Permalink

loco73,

This!!!

62. Marc
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 10:00 am | Permalink

Sandor Clegane is the gravedigger at the Quiet Isle, beyond the shadow of a doubt. It’s not even theory, It’s definite. The Hound is dead, but Sandor lives.

63. NomadicDirewolf
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 10:03 am | Permalink

if he is still alive in the books doubt he will have any further role, its just GRRM’s way of giving him a good ending so i cant see him coming back in the the show if he has no further important role,i think in the show he is dead now so imo this is farewell to Rory McCann, who did a terrific job as sandor clegane, particularly this season, another great choice by nina gold, and it will be sad to see Rory go, seemed like a great person as well as a great actor

64. Princessk
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Praying the hound comes back… One of my favorites! Rory was amazing, and I just loved his performance, and interviews!

65. NathalieDGC
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 11:10 am | Permalink

KG:

Well, this lady here has had many many naughty thoughts about that “unholy experiment.” I’d hit it…

66. Kells
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 11:13 am | Permalink

The two best episodes this season, “Two Swords” and “The Children”, are so because of Maisie Williams and Rory McCann.
    The death of Robb, Catelyn, Ned, Shae, Maester Luwin, so on and so forth, where all a tough punch to the gut. But Rory’s last moments on screen (for now!) was so powerfully written, so incredibly acted, that I will never forget it. It has been a hell of a great season and so much of that, even when things seemed rushed and really out of character, is due to the performance of two people – Rory and Maisie.
    I refuse to believe this is it. Looking at the source material AND the possibilities. I still firmly believer the GD theory and think Brienne and Pod, now searching for Arya and no reason to go to the Eyrie after learning Lysa is dead, will get turned around and end up at the Quiet Isle.
    A lot of actors shined this season – Charles, Peter, Pedro, Lena, Sophie, Gwendolyn – but in my humble opinion, the heart and soul of Season 4 has been Rory and Maisie.

So a curtain call for The Hound, yes. But not Sandor. He’ll be back. The Stark girls will need swords for when they charge back north! And Sansa will need someone to kill Littlefinger, when the time is right.

Thank you Rory! You made Sandor Clegane really come to life and that is all this fangirl (who is far to old to fangirl) could hope for.

67. Sandor Claws
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Kissed by Glasgow: His final scene was absolutely tremendous but for me, the scene with the fight at the inn was the best of the whole season. Superb in every way.

I totally agree. The first episode is still my favorite of the season. D&D’s directing was also my favorite. That shot of The Hound in the doorway of the Inn was to die for…. I cried 6 out of 7 times watching Sandor beg for mercy. Definitely my favorite character…a badass straight shooter with a heart of gold who doesn’t give a fuck. 7 sighs.

68. Canal Cat
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Rory is wonderful – I am saying is not was because he has to come back! I almost died of happiness when he said “your pretty sister”…

69. Jared
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Rory McCann deserves a standing ovation.

Certain roles are unquestionably more difficult to cast than others. In an epic sweeping fantasy series like Game of Thrones, you have scheming lords and ladies, cunning interlopers and cutthroats, knights both noble and hypocritical, and a parade of downtrodden outcasts who are overlooked by the powerful, but might wind up being the most significant characters of all. Filling all of those roles is a tremendous challenge, but Nina Gold and her team managed to find the best person for the job in nearly every case by combing through what was surely a significant pool of qualified and talented candidates.

But Sandor Clegane, more commonly known as “The Hound”, is one of George R.R. Martin’s truly singular creations. He was a legendary fighter, renowned for his efficiency and his brutality, so the actor had to be large enough and athletic enough to convincingly handle more than half a dozen intensely demanding fight sequences. He was also deeply wounded by a past trauma that crippled him both physically and emotionally, so the actor had to be able to embody the character’s haunted demeanor punctuated by his savage and cutting outbursts at those who foolishly refused or were unable to recognize the cruelty of the world. But he was also capable of a kind of gruff compassion and wisdom, so the actor had to be able to handle the character’s quieter interactions as well, particularly with the young Stark girls who he was attempting to shepherd through their own traumatic experiences. That’s the kind of character that any actor would dream of getting the opportunity to play, but actually bringing that character to life is an insanely difficult task. The more that I think about it, the more I can only envision one actor ever managing to convincingly embody all of the facets of this character with such convincing and lived-in certainty. That person was Rory McCann, and wouldn’t you know it, they found him!

McCann has been a fixture on the show since the very first episode of the show, but if you hadn’t read the novels, you never would have guessed that this massive, scarred warrior who was basically appeared to be little more than a featured extra in the first episode of the show would ultimately become one of the series’ most complex and sympathetic characters. The Hound first sprang into viewers’ consciousness when he ran down Mycah the butcher’s boy in “The Kingsroad”, a transgression which his future traveling companion Arya Stark would never forget. For this act, he earned the immediate enmity of many viewers, but as time passed, McCann began to show us the logic behind the Hound’s philosophy – as he would declare later, “a man’s got to have a code”. The strongest pillar of the Hound’s code was his willingness to kill almost anyone – as he told Bronn, “killing’s the sweetest thing there is”. But no less important were the lines that he was not willing to cross, and the lengths to which he would go to protect an innocent like Sansa from the cruel whims of Joffrey. In doing so, he was revealed to be more noble than the knights he despised. The Hound suffered from no illusions about the world or his place in it – as he told Sansa, it was a place “run by killers”. But while the Hound was a better killer than all but a few men alive, that never meant that he truly wanted to be one. By the time he declared “Fuck the King!” and abandoned his post during the Battle of the Blackwater, he had won most viewers over to his side. Subsequently, his long road trip across Westeros with Arya Stark in tow, looking for chickens to devour and Lannister thugs to eviscerate, was pretty much universally considered to be a highlight of the season. We didn’t want it to end.

But if this is the end, then man … what a way to go out! In the Season 4 finale “The Children”, we saw everything that made McCann and the Hound so fascinating in one breathtaking sequence. First we saw him dispense his savage but poignant wisdom to his noble but perhaps overly naïve counterpart in Brienne. Then he helped to deliver one of the single best fight sequences that Game of Thrones has ever given us. In a Behind The Scenes video detailed the shooting of that sequence, McCann describes how he and Christie shot their epic battle on an outcrop of rough volcanic rock, and how both were absolutely committed to making the epic clash look as good as possible, damage to their bodies be damned. Their blood and sweat certainly paid off, for the results were spectacular. Finally, there was the scene McCann shared with Maisie Williams, wherein the mortally injured Hound begs Arya to end his life. McCann has never been better on the show than he was in that moment. And when you consider the resume of great scenes that he has accumulated during his four years on the show, that’s staggeringly impressive. Arya appeared to be unmoved, but Williams certainly wasn’t. After that scene, she tweeted “All laughs and jokes aside, Rory McCann was fantastic this episode. #givethatmananemmy.” It was hard to disagree. McCann’s not on the Emmy ballot this year, but he damn well should have been.

Of course, I doubt that the Hound would have much use for gold-plated trophies, except as currency to trade for another plate of chicken and another flagon of ale. McCann probably wouldn’t have much use for such things either, but he’s earned something that I hopeful that he will find to be much more valuable and enduring: the love and respect of his fellow actors, the crew of the show, and the entire Game of Thrones fandom. We’ll all miss him on the show terribly, and look forward to his next project while secretly holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, there was a Maester hiding behind that rock after all.

Fuck the King! We here at Winter Is Coming bow only to Rory McCann.

70. Kells
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Perfectly said Jared!

And why the powers that be didn’t think to include him on their Emmy ballot is beyond me! While those who did make the submissions for BSA (Charles, Peter, Pedro) are SO worthy…Rory did so much not only physically, but emotionally he sold each moment. His conversation with Brienne, pre-fight, and the mercy scene where so incredible. One tense and the other, just tears your heart out.
    Awards are nice, the recognition is great, and Rory could probably give a shit about that. But if these Emmy’s are a salute to the “best of the best” each year, Rory definitely deserved the nod. In a show filled with amazing talent, he held his own and then some.

71. Delta1212
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 11:52 am | Permalink

I’m still upset they didn’t shoot the scene where Syrio appears from behind the rock after Arya leaves, looks down at the Hound and says “Not today.”

72. Nicolai Hansen
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm,

We don’t know. We don’t have a confirmation in the show or the books that Syrio Forel is dead.

73. Greatjon of Slumber
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

The guy was a champ. One of the best actors on the show.

And if the “I’ll eat every fucking chicken in this room” line does not win for best one-liner of the year, well, I’m going to eat every fucking chicken in this room.

74. KG
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

I didn’t say it was a bad thing, it’s just that … that’s what his features resemble! I said the experiment was unholy, not the results :D

I said he shares features with Sean Connery. How is that an insult?

Dame of Mercia,

75. amplifyme
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

I was about to write a tribute to both Sandor Clegane and the man who portrayed him so brilliantly, but then I read Jared’s post. You can’t top perfection so I won’t even try. Instead I’ll leave things at, “What he said.”

76. Young Herschel
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

Merran Trant would seem to establish that Syrio is dead in my opinion. Though it was curios that they seemingly purposely cut away from his death scene. How would Merran Trant still be patrolling the Red Keep if he didn’t finish off Syrio Ferrel?

77. tiny direwolf
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Jared,

Wonderful tribute, spot on!

78. Charles Dance FAn
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Question since the hound isn’t dead, where is Charles Dance’s curtain call?

79. Ser Arthur Dan
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I don’t think Rory will be the one to duel Robert Strong, but I do think he has the perfect set up to be the one killing him using the only weapon that would work, and the one he is least likely to want to use…fire

80. Monica
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

When the Hound begged for death…Wow…I’d never seen anything like that. Rory and Maisie were the heart of the season! I’ll miss them together.

I hope we get that bit of hope for Sandor’s survival, during Brienne’s quest.

81. Jaqen Hqar
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

I think he’ll take biters role and mess up brienne’s face

82. swoontastic
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Good lord this man. He just makes me melt. I could hug him all day.

Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

My god, these are getting painful. We’ve lost so many great actors this year! Jack Gleeson, Pedro Pascal, Rose Leslie… and now Rory.

Rory blew me away with his performance as The Hound. Maybe a little older than in the books, a tad less aggressive… but he IS the Hound to me, now and always.

He was good in Season 1, with the few lines he got. He was better in Season 2 (the riots, Hound vs. Bronn, Blackwater!). At that point, however, I was still worrying that the writers weren’t giving him nearly enough material, and that Rory/The Hound was being wasted.

But he just kept getting better and better!!! In Season 3, he had one of the best sword fights of the series, against Beric Dondarrion. His scenes with Arya outside the Red Wedding were great. And now, in Season 4, he really got a chance to shine. So many great one liners, great moments with Maisie Williams, an amazing fight with Brienne, and some monologues that featured his best acting on the show to date (when he told Arya the story of how he was burned… “You think you’re alone?”, and his final scene!!! Hooooly….)

I’m seriously going to miss Rory/Sandor/The Hound!

Posted June 21, 2014 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Greatjon of Slumber:
    The guy was a champ. One of the best actors on the show.

The craziest part is that he had at least THREE contenders for best one-liner, in that scene alone. The one you mentioned, plus “What the fuck’s a Lommy?”, plus “Lots of cunts.”

85. ATG
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Rory is an absolute beast of an actor, his acting was hands down some of the best acting in season 4 and he was fantastic in all the previous seasons as well. As some people mentioned above his dedication to his role was rivaled by few others and that is yet another reason as to what makes Rory such a great actor to have on the show. If this is truly the last we’ve seen of the Hound then Rory you will be missed.

Also, we are losing sooooo many brilliant actors this season, its almost unfair :(

86. The Spoon
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

ATG,

It is so unfair! So much talented pooled in one show, it’s amazing. Rory may be a bit older then we envisioned Sandor, but dammit if he didn’t take command of the role. His Sandor has been brutal when needs be, bitter when called (or uncalled) for and he let humanity shine through, even if it was reluctantly. The age difference never bothered me from a Sandor/Sansa perspective. I get the draw and really, they are actors. So who cares of the age difference as long as it made sense for the characters? Shipping doesn’t have set rules, so I get the allure of the two (let’s just let Sansa grow up a little first please!).
    Rory has been a gem. One of the mainstays on this show that I always looked forward to seeing. And damn if he didn’t break my heart.

Best of luck, Mr. McCann. This body of work makes all fans so proud.

87. smitzzz
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Hound = Syrio Forel #2 is he dead? ,isn’t he dead? , I just can’t take it anymore :<

88. Boojam
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Odd, just before season 4 I watched, for no particular reason..Alexander and Clash of the Titans, Rory, playing sword wielding soldiers. He always stands out , I guess his size and appearance. Lots of acting chops, even won a BAFTA. Has been very good whole GOT series, but this season was a stand out. I find it hard to choose between him or Maisie Williams this season, those two really stuck in my head with their performances.
    I am thinking he will be in demand for bigger roles now.
    If I could would give both Rory and Maisie Emmys … if I could.

89. ReekReek
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

If Sandor is dead, he got one of the best deaths so far. In a show where petty backstabbing is the preferred method of murder, honorably losing a (mostly) fair fight is an achievement. Still, he got his ass kicked something awful. Not even a six foot berserker can survive the beating he got. He’s alive in the books, but his plot duty is served. The gravedigger scene was just closure for a fan favorite. Chances are there won’t be time to revisit him in future seasons, so he’s gonna stay dead for the foreseeable future.

90. Dominique Lavigne
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

To all those who wish we’d see the Gravedigger:
    How would you see this covered logically in the show? Now that Brienne has met him, has fought him, has wounded him… She would surely recognize him on Quiet Isle if he is recognizable enough to the public. And even if one interprets the books as saying that Brienne understood Elder Brother implying his survival… she would not just shrug off the knowledge of his presence, she would want to ask him again about Arya.

91. Fire And Blood
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Jared,

That was badass.

Don’t suppose you want to guest-write one for Charles Dance?

92. Kells
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Dominique Lavigne:
    To all those who wish we’d see the Gravedigger:

It would be quite easy for the writer’s to come full circle with the Quiet Isle storyline, brief as it is.
    Brienne and Pod where heading towards the Eyrie to Lysa Arryn. Sandor informed them that she is dead, so what reason would they now have to go towards the Bloody Gate?
    I look at the scene in “The Children” like this. Since Brienne and Pod now know Arya is alive, at the end of the fight they are now heading in the direction they thought she went, searching for her. They could very well be traveling away from the gate, which is what I assumed, and right toward the Saltpans and towards the Quiet Isle.
    The scene with the Gravedigger in the books, for me, wasn’t just a nod to Sandor being alive and serving his penance with the silent Brothers. It was to inform the Elder Brother, who in turn would inform Sandor or he over hears about the search, that they are searching for Sansa/Arya. I always thought this was some sort of reintroduction of Sandor, sans The Hound (he is dead, after all), who would follow behind, silently, Brienne and Pod. Injured doesn’t mean incapable and Sandor Clegane at 50% of his “power” is still a force to be reckoned with.
    Now on the show, since Brienne knows Arya is alive and has no clue where she might be, who would have an inkling? Sandor. She mentioned Braavos to him once. Would Brienne and Pod head off to the Free Cities, completely abandon the search for Sansa and in hopes of finding Arya across the sea? OR…would they team up, once Sandor realizes their mission is one of rescue, with Brienne/Pod heading in one direction and Sandor in another?
    Sansa isn’t a “damsel” but in the Eyrie, the girl needs all the friends she can get. And she needs help to break free of Littlefinger’s hold. Who better then Brienne or Sandor?
    The Quiet Isle would only need a scene or two to establish a new “road trip” of sorts. So much is dependent on Lady Stoneheart and if that comes to pass, but if Brienne confronts Sandor on the QI, seeks his counsel in help finding Arya, it may be that these two form another unlikely pair to help bring the girls to safety.
    Just my thoughts on it.

93. Dark Lark
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Brilliant job as the Hound! I thought he was underused in Seasons 1 and 2, when I knew we’d have to say farewell for now (but never goodbye). The Gravedigger is alive and healing and I do not believe Martin is writing fan service for Sandor. He will play a part later on.

Rory’s physicality, dedication, and acting as the Hound brought this complex, tortured, yet caring soul to life. I will miss him and his biting, hard truths. His hopefully temporary departure leaves a hole that cannot be filled.

Rory and Maisie’s scenes were the highlight of this season. I sure hope there’s a maester behind that rock, the Hound seems to have unfinished business with Arya’s “pretty sister.”

94. Caravaggio
    Posted June 21, 2014 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

Zack Luye:
    this

these

I got quoted by Zack Luye?! Awesome!

95. tiny direwolf
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 4:01 am | Permalink

Dominique Lavigne,

Brienne and Pod could conceivably get Sandor to the healer or run into him there and he could be given Septon Maribalds story of his own ‘death’ .. Although that would be pretty cheesy which is why I am not a screenwriter ;) I always had a feeling that the extraordinary healing powers of the Elder Brother were important somehow, indicating the rising and real world power of The Seven

96. Joseph Nobles
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 4:32 am | Permalink

The show took the time to establish that they are only 10 miles away from the Bloody Gate. A maester behind that rock isn’t so hard to believe.

97. strokememarge
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 4:34 am | Permalink

Kudos to Rory for his outstanding and perfect performance as Sandor Clegane, his talent and presence brought ASoIaF most enigmatic anti-hero to life as only Rory could, the Hound will be missed…on the other hand…

Sandor reborn as a brother of the faith must arise to protect Sansa, thereby I could see her instead of Brienne coming across the grave digger as their party inspects the Vale, just move the Quiet Isle Monastery there. In fact I found the absolutely ideal location, and it is in Croatia at that, behold the Elder Brother’s home…

98. AGirlHasSaid
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 5:12 am | Permalink

Dark Lark:

” I sure hope there’s a maester behind that rock”

Hear, hear!

Maester Behind the Rock

Now that would be a great title for Episode 1, Season V.

99. jentario
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 9:49 am | Permalink

strokememarge,

Cool idea

100. Turncloak
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 10:29 am | Permalink

strokememarge,

Sansa doesn’t need protection anymore. Please stop trying to make her into a damsel in distress. She has passed that point and has her own agency and game to play. Sandor as a member of the Faith is there so we can have the Cleganebowl

101. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Turncloak:
    strokememarge,

Exactly. IMO, the Hound’s role in the story is over (at least as it relates to the Stark children). Though I am perfectly fine with him either going after robo-Mountain, or living out the rest of his life as a humble, handicapped grave-digger. Karma for the many untimely deaths he has caused.

102. Jared
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

Fire And Blood,

Thank you so much for your kind words! And thank you to everyone else (especially Kells, amplifyme, tinydirewolf) who has expressed appreciation for my thoughts on the great Rory McCann. Having such a rich character and brilliant actor to draw inspiration from just allowed the words to flow quite easily – I had no idea that my post would end up being so long :)

I can’t tell if you’re extending a serious offer or not, FaB, but while I would be truly honored to provide my thoughts on Charles Dance and his stellar body of work, I wouldn’t wish to deprive you of the chance to pay tribute to one of the finest actors and performances we’ve had the pleasure of watching on Game of Thrones. The Curtain Calls are perhaps my single favorite feature of this great website. As far as I can tell, they’re a feature that appears to be unique to the Winter Is Coming community, and I think that they’re a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the actors and actresses who bring these indelible characters to life. I look forward to them as much as one can look forward to an event that necessitates the departure of a talented and beloved cast member from this great show that we all love. You’ve handled most of them over the past four years, and I think that you’ve done a truly spectacular job. This is your baby, so please don’t deny us your perspective! I’ll be sure to add my own thoughts to yours when the time comes!

103. Shock Me
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Need a Charles Dance curtain call please.

104. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Joseph Nobles:

Seriously?

105. Kells
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

I don’t think Sansa is a damsel, she is learning the game and developing her own method of play but I would hardly say she has her own agency. While we know she is on to Littlefinger, she is still his pawn. He is still the one orchestrating the moves they make and his plans for her. In the books, LF’s unwanted advances prove to me that her agency is shaky at best.
    Sandor could be resting up on the QI to take on UndeadGregor, that could be GRRM’s ultimate plan for him, but considering the two biggest warriors, both “non Knights”, took it upon themselves to help the Stark girls, I still believe that is where the role for not only Sandor, but Brienne, lies.

106. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Dominique Lavigne:
    To all those who wish we’d see the Gravedigger:

I love that attitude almost as much as your tie!

Young Herschel:
    Merran Trant would seem to establish that Syrio is dead in my opinion. Though it was curios that they seemingly purposely cut away from his death scene.How would Merran Trant still be patrolling the Red Keep if he didn’t finish off Syrio Ferrel?

Have you considered the possibility that Syrio ended up in the black cells, changed his face, an then his location? . Not claiming, just sayin. It’s possible.

Broken swords of Braavos, UNITE. Oh, and a little more on-topic- FUCk THE KING!

107. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm,

I think his point is a little tongue in cheek, so maybe not so serious, no. But his suggestion seems reasonable to me, from a non literal perspective. Fantasy is much more fun that way, you know that. :)

108. SkywalkerIsDead
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

KG,

I so second that, always saw the Connery. Great stuff!!!

109. Sandor Claws
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

Dominique Lavigne:
    How would you see this covered logically in the show?

GD’s face would have to be hidden from the viewer, so aliases don’t work as well on the show. See Arstan Whitebeard. If she sees him at the QI, she’ll ask him what happened to Arya & he’ll say he doesn’t know because she left him to die but she mentioned going to Braavos.

110. AGirlHasSaid
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

There wasn’t a single scene in which the soul of the Hound didn’t shine right through the eyes of Rory McCann. I’m unsullied but when I finally read the books, it’ll be his face I imagine.
    As for the future of his character, he should somehow end up in Dorne surrounded by a harem of beauties and feasting daily on Dornish game hens.

111. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

Sandor Claws,

Im curious as to why all those doubting the return of Sandor assume that GD reveal has to go down exactly like it did in the books? For instance, why must it be through the eyes of Brienne?

112. Sandor Claws
    Posted June 22, 2014 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister, Plus, they can still show The Hound in the distance from behind in a hooded robe limping along digging graves, petting a dog & Stranger in the stable for one scene. Pod didn’t even recognize him in the books, right?

113. Lady Cin Baelish
    Posted June 23, 2014 at 10:58 am | Permalink

So… if he died, and nobody burned his corpse… will he come back as an UnDead Hound?… HMMMM I wonder.

114. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted June 23, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Nicolai Hansen,
    smitzzz,

Yes we do know his fate. Brian Cogman was on Game of Owns podcast and said that Syrio Forel is definitely dead.

115. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 23, 2014 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Ms. D. Ranged in AZ,

That’s interesting. I guess I’m just a hopeful bastard. Bummer.

Or could he be dead in the same way that <Arya is dead?

116. Sister Wrister
    Posted June 23, 2014 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

Whoops. Spoilers and no edit function…

117. Zack
    Posted June 23, 2014 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Ms. D. Ranged in AZ:
    Nicolai Hansen,
    smitzzz,

Yes we do know his fate.Brian Cogman was on Game of Owns podcast and said that Syrio Forel is definitely dead.

If he’s a Faceless Man, “Syrio Forel” could be dead in the same way “The Hound” is dead but Sandor Clegane is very much alive

118. outdoorcats
    Posted June 23, 2014 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Dominique Lavigne,

Possibly Brienne won’t go to the Quiet Isle in the books. Instead we’ll see from Sandor’s perspective being rescued, recuperating, and choosing to stay on the Quiet Isle and take a vow of silence for 2/3 episodes scattered throughout S5. I think that would play better on TV than a brief cameo anyway.

One thing the producers seem tied to, is if they want to keep a major actor on the show, they need to keep them at least appearing on a semi-regular basis. Hence stalling the banishment of Jorah for a whole season. So if they’re going to go that direction and keep Sandor alive, possibly for an eventual ‘Cleganebowl’ (???) I would guess he’d get his own little individual storyline, and we’d be introduced to the Quiet Isle through him, not Brienne.

119. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted June 23, 2014 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,
    Zack,

I think he addressed that kind of speculation too and he was very adamant…Forel is dead with a capital D and won’t be coming back.

120. ladyhound
    Posted June 24, 2014 at 3:02 am | Permalink

no one can ever surpass Rory Mccann’s portrayal of Sandor Clegane & that’ s not a guess but a certainty….love you Rory! you are & always will be my favorite Hound…!GOT sure will suck without you in it…

121. ladyhound
    Posted June 24, 2014 at 4:24 am | Permalink

there goes my favorite character & i can’t & i don’t want to admit that he’s dead not just because there’s no solid basis that he’s indeed as dead as a doornail but because he’s one hell of a character with such depth & mystery that it’s just so hard to accept that he’d be gone w/o unravelling those things so mystifying about him..Rory not only thrived as Sandor Clegane & brought the Hound to life but something else still…& because of that fans adore him. i personally love him & for me he deserve a commendation for this role.

122. Fire And Blood
    Posted June 24, 2014 at 5:53 am | Permalink

Jared,

I am glad you enjoy our curtain calls. They always feel like our last, greatest chance to say farewell to people who have entertained us for (in most cases) multiple years. I enjoy writing them.

That said, I would welcome a guest-pen, especially one as eloquent as yours. The offer to conduct Mr. Dance into the Night Lands remains open. If you are interested, contact me at axechucker@gmail.com. Or if you simply wish to bestow your farewell in the comment section, that is fine as well.

FaB

123. arya_fan
    Posted June 24, 2014 at 6:48 am | Permalink

outdoorcats:

That would be awesome, maybe too awesome to be true. I’ll keep hoping for a brief cameo, thought.

124. Nancy Lewis
    Posted June 24, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

In the last scenes Rory did, he says to Arya three times “Do it.” The 3rd time he says it, right there, Rory captured the still small, hurt boy that Sandor is. Two words & he managed to bring out the very soul of the character he played. It would be pure stupidity on the part of whoever is in charge of Emmy nominations not to throw his name into the ring. If McCann’s character isn’t brought back on GoT, then it is their loss. I personally will not watch the show anymore, I’ll wait till it is all over and buy the dvd. I only started watching GoT the 1st week in May 2014, never read the books & had never heard of Rory McCann. I find him to be exceptional, not only as an actor, but as a human being. I’d sail with him or camp out in the wilds of Scotland any day.

125. Nancy Lewis
    Posted June 24, 2014 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

I’ll say he did Scotland proud. I think he should be shown some recognition by his homeland. I’m of Scottish ancestry and I’m full of pride concerning him. (Also, GO Independent SCOTLAND!)

126. Ann Frels
    Posted June 24, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

I just wanted to say what a fine actor Mr. McCann is and how much I have enjoyed his portrayal of the Hound. I became attached to the Hound when I read the books, and I felt that Mr. McCann brought so much depth to the character and showed his many facets from cruelty to humor to compassion. His final scene with Arya was wonderful even while heartbreaking. I felt his work was truly Emmy worthy – especially the last two seasons. And I hold out hope that the Hound will continue on, for, as it has been pointed out, we did not see him die. (Gravedigger, anyone??) At any rate, I look forward to seeing more of Mr. McCann’s work and wish him the best and the excellent roles that he certainly deserves.

127. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted June 24, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm: Seriously?

A traveling company of merchants or whatever may have a Maester along for the ride. Not so implausible!

But I’m generally of the mind that the Hound should stay dead, so I’m not hoping for it. That was a fantastic final scene for him.

Though the other part of my mind feels that the Hound living out his days as a gravedigger has an appealingly literary and tragic edge to it…

128. Jim
    Posted June 26, 2014 at 5:38 am | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm,

Of those only Dagmer the Cleftjaw is certainly dead.

129. Etta Mae
    Posted June 27, 2014 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Catelyn Stark died and was resurrected (in the book), the Mountain’s head was sent to Dorne (in the book) yet there was no real proof he had died. Both in the book and on TV Arya walks away from a dying Clegane, but I say, unless you see them die, they’re may not be dead. Unless they lose their head, in which case they probably are dead.

Anything goes in Martin’s world.

130. Thronetender
    Posted June 27, 2014 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

JARED

OMG you’ve done me several lovely services for which I’d like to thank you. Your post on 6/21 was so thoughtfully excellent, such a spot-on character analysis and loving epitaph to Sandor, that you eased my mind a bit from the sadness of losing (? hopefully not) such a fine actor/character from future episodes. It was perfect, and I hope Rory sees it and the subsequent outpouring of affection and appreciation of his skills from the rest of us. Our outpourings are not nearly as perfectly worded as yours, but no less true in emotion. Rory McCann did nail the part of The Hound and he should receive proper reward and thanks.

The second service you did me, and the rest of us, was providing another landing place for those sad birds, like me, who can’t believe the season is over and are still looking for places to roost where there are a few more new and wonderful phrases to savor regarding GOT. It’s going to be a long-ass perch and fly period until next April. Sigh.

I hope FAB does do a curtain call for Charles Dance – I look forward to both those comments and yours.

Thanks for raising the bar for all of us as to what a beautiful reply on a site such as this should be. Not taking anything at all from the resident commentators on WIC, ’cause they are all awesome and talented – but replies such as yours must be gold to them. Sure keeps everyone’s interest up.

That’s also not to say that those fans who only want to pop in with a line or two aren’t a happy addition to events, because they are. They certainly keep ME smiling. These sites are almost as much a fun part of the show as watching the show itself. Oh drat, I’m carrying on and on, but hopefully everyone gets the gist of what I’m saying. Happy to be here, will return, gotta fly now.