Preparations for Game of Thrones season 5 filming in Seville and Osuna under way
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming, News.
Osuna Bullring

Plaza de Toros in Osuna, Spain

Though specific shooting sites have yet to be officially confirmed by HBO, the Spanish cities of Seville and Osuna have begun preparations for filming the fifth season of Game of Thrones, according to several new reports.

According to ABC.es, the search for locations in Spain began in March, with Game of Thrones production members visiting the Alcázar of Seville. Though HBO has not confirmed the alcázar’s choice officially, CNN spoke with staff at the castle recently and received confirmation from employees on site that the show will be filming there. ABC.es reports that the show has already booked a hundred hotel rooms in Seville for filming this year.

For casting preparations, Fresco Film Productions has put out a call on Facebook for extras for GoT.

According to El Mundo, who spoke with Rosario Andújar, the mayor of Osuna, production members have visited several sites that may serve as filming locations. These unconfirmed sites include:

• The Plaza de Toros. Over a hundred years old, the bull ring walls are made of sandstone. (Pictured above.)
  • The University. Built in 1548 with four towers and influences from the Italian Renaissance, much of the University has been converted to modern classrooms, but parts of it retain the original design, including the the chapel, the Sala de la Girona, and the courtyard.
  • La Colegiata. Located by the university, this church was founded in 1535.
  • The Canteras de Osuna. The old quarries that supplied the stones for the town’s structures were visited as well.

Ours is the Fury: The bull ring, assuming it will be confirmed officially, has to be Daznak’s Pit, prominent in Dany’s storyline in A Dance with Dragons. Many fans guessed the show might use a bull ring for the pit’s arena when Spain was selected as a location, and the Osuna ring looks ideal. The other locations offer a variety of options, and I could imagine some being used for both Dorne and Meereen locations. The Alcázar of Seville will make a fantastic Water Gardens, without a doubt.

Here are a few more images of the locations to enjoy:

The University and La Colegiata

The University (foreground) and La Colegiata (background)

La Colegiata

La Colegiata

Canteras de Osuna

Canteras de Osuna

Canteras de Osuna

Canteras de Osuna

Alcázar of Seville

Alcázar of Seville

1. Game of thrones fan cole
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

YESSS!!!

2. Duvall
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Wow, the Canteras looks like a special effect.

3. Ser Pounce
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Loving every new rumors. this really means they will catch up to the books and probably go beyond on some parts. I love HBO.

4. HoueMartellBitches
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Dhaznak Pit!!!!!!

Man, those places look awesome!

5. dragonreborn
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Great news! I always thought that the pit would be studio+CGI. I’m sure they’ll make it look bigger using digital set extensions but at least we can have hints of what is being shot or not. We new a lot about RV&Mountain fight scene.

6. Renly's Peach
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Did they check to see if a dragon can fit in that ring?

7. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

I think Daznak’s pit will probably be supplemented with special effects, yeah.

HoueMartellBitches: Can’t wait for Spain (and hopefully Israel); 10 Countries!!! Man this how has gotten huge!

No Israel, it’s already been denied by a good source of mine. I updated that post. Closed the comments because we don’t need that comment drama for a location that’s not even happening.

8. deekan
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

This post just got me more excited than anything this week…there is only one use for a bullfighting or in GoT= DAZNAK’S PIT!!!. And the only place I can imagine that university being used for is THE CITADEL!!!!!!!!!!. I was worried they’d cut Old Town out of the show, though it could be sommit ta do wit Bravos, of course.

9. deekan
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

deekan,

Or Dorne, now that I think bout it.

10. jentario
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

I called this. I said they’ll film in a bullfighting arena and when I searched the closest one I could find to Seville was the Plaza del Toro so I placed my bet on it. Fury, isn’t there a rumor that they’re filming a fight scene in a the desert in Spain? Probably the Queenmaker scene.

11. slaver's scream
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

Daznak Pit! :D

12. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

jentario,

Almeria was reported on back in May, but there’s been no word since. That’s somewhat far fom Seville, so they have no new info on it in these articles that I’ve come across, other than to acknowledge those earlier reports. Basically, no one knows yet if the Almeria scouting was unsuccessful, or if it was chosen and never announced.

13. Arriba
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

*IMAGE SPOILERS*
    For you to make a better idea. Here’s the front page of the spanish book of A Dance With Dragons. They can add the upper part to the bullring digitally. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-491Porx3-co/UH_qHSu6MtI/AAAAAAAAOkE/ap59GzvmvBw/s1600/danzadragones.jpg

14. Abyss
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Ah, it’s the smell of a new season, all fresh and exciting and I love it! :D

15. Dorian the Fat
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

deekan,

You know, this just means Šibenik is 100% Braavos.

16. queenofthorns
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Arriba,

Lol that’s very cool art, and all, but pretty big spoiler wouldn’t you think??

17. RandomSand
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Arriba,

Wow,it’s a really nice cover! To add another image to the mix, here is the art of the Brazilian cover, that is also the Pit scene: http://omelete.uol.com.br/images/galerias/a-furia-dos-reis//A-Danca-dos-Dragoes-arte-da-capa.jpg
    I can totally see Daznak’s Pit in there, just some CGI to make it look taller and it will be amazing. And the other locations are also really outstanding, season 5 has A LOT of pontential.

18. Conningtuna
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

I always pictured the entrance of the House of Black and White to be resembling something like La Colegiata. Maybe they’ll use it for that?

19. Hoyti Von Totiy
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Hoyti is very happy to see the Mereen pit what means that we will not sufer that boring plotline into season 6.

ANd hopefully we will see some fighting with the knight helmets on…

20. Hyut
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

These aren’t the Pentagon Papers. I don’t think it’s unfair to ask why your sources want to withhold their names and you allow them to do so.

21. Dragonslayer
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

Hyut,

I suppose because they are members of the production team and aren’t allowed to tell anything.

WiC-sources usually provided true rumors in the past.

22. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Hyut:
    Ours is the Fury,

23. Turncloak
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Dragonslayer:
    Hyut,

WiC-sources usually provided true rumors in the past.

Exactly. Fury has the best little birds :p

24. Nimble Dick
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

OMG seeing that fighting pit makes me so hopeful they show that scene next season. It will rock.

25. Nicolai Hansen
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

I think the church and the university being used for Braavos. It seems too hot for Oldtown and i think Oldtown is in season 6.

26. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

So excited for the pit. It should be one of those scenes that’s better on TV.

27. House Mormont
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

DAZNAKS PIT I’M INTERNALLY SCREAMING

28. Jim Mortimore
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

I think the theme for GoT is fantastic and just for fun I produced an arrangement using a mix of orchestra and synths which I would love to share with anyone who’s interested. You can listen to it and download it for free here:

Please leave me some comments via the link if you want! :0)

29. Evan
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

I do not support this. If filming occurs here, it will become a tourist attraction. We should not encourage tourists to a venue which cruelly slaughters bulls for sport. This is not right.
    Of course this is only if the ring is still in use for that purpose.

30. Iskander1970
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Evan:
    Of course this is only if the ring is still in use for that purpose.

Sigh

31. Abyss
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Evan,

HBO doesn’t encourage anything. They use a location, which fits their needs. They are not responsible for any unintended side effects that might have. – And by the way, just because the bull ring might become a tourist attraction because of GoT filming there, doesn’t mean people will go there to watch bull fighting. People who visit sets are interested in, well… sets.
    Could the organizers of the bull fights use the popularity of GoT to their benefit in some way? Yes, but once you go down that road, you might as well stop filming anywhere. There will always be people, who use the popularity of a good thing to promote a bad one.

32. King Stannis
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

Evan:
    Of course this is only if the ring is still in use for that purpose.

33. Cyan
    Posted July 4, 2014 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

Really hope they are putting in barristan the badass’s scene in that ring.

34. lola
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 12:02 am | Permalink

I’m originally from Osuna, living at the united States at the moment. Osuna is a gorgeous place. Bullfighting is part of our culture, which I’m not excited abotut.i’m petty sure that both parts, HBO and ourselves, are taking the advantages. I would ask people not to think that we’re killing animals all the time and that this is not the most important attractions in our city. Thanks for the nice comments ;)

35. Troublesome Birdsong
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 12:03 am | Permalink

I’ve been trying to work out how they’re going to deal with Tyrion at Daznak’s Pit (assuming he gets there in time for episode 9, which will probably require a speedboat as well as a jet pack). I’m guessing they won’t bother casting Penny, at least not until later perhaps, which means what? He’ll just get pushed into the Pit and have to fight someone? I remember in the books they were secretly planning to release a lion on Tyrion and Penny after they finished their joust, but Daenerys stopped it from happening. But what if that’s what they did in the show. Tyrion gets shoved into the pit, unsure of why he is there, then a gate opens and fucking lion appears. Now, obviously this is pretty far-fetched for a TV show to handle, especially given how difficult it was to organise Brienne and the bear, and on a CGI budget which will require an enormous dragon in the same episode, but picture Tyrion there about to be eaten by his family’s own sigil and then Jorah bursts in to defend him. Obviously Drogon appears and burns the lion before any actual fighting needs to occur, but that would still be pretty epic. Then Daenerys and Jorah will see each other briefly before she gets whisked away on Drogon.
    I know, pretty unlikely, but if they’re going to deviate from the books, they might as well make it epic.

36. Lady Mychelle
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 12:21 am | Permalink

DAZNAK’S!!!!
    Effing yes!!

37. dragonreborn
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 2:25 am | Permalink

Troublesome Birdsong,

no, I think pretty likely. D&D won’t miss that lion symbolism.

Arriba,

RandomSand,

Those covers are great but I don’t think a pit in meereen can be that big in the shows universe, given what we saw of the city.

38. jentario
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 3:24 am | Permalink

Troublesome Birdsong,

Tyrion and Jorah can be thrown into the pit to fight for their life against a lion. It makes sense that Dany would call it off since that wasn’t the deal she wanted (since they are unwilling slaves). Then Dany tells her Unsullied to kill the lion which causes a clusterfuck all around and then Missandei chokes from the poisoned beatles and then you hear a roar and a huge shadow fills the pit and Drogon lands and starts eating the lion, the Yunkaii start attacking him and a full-on battle between the Unsullied and Yunkaii as Dany rushes to Drogon and tries to save him. He burns people, gets speared in the neck and Dany flies off with him.

It could easily be the best scene in the series.

39. Balerion The Cat
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 6:50 am | Permalink

jentario,

I got chills, I can’t wait to see it on screen. I hope it will be just as epic! 9 more months…

40. Cami
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 7:47 am | Permalink

Troublesome Birdsong,

I bet that in the show Jorah will be in the Pit with Tyrion just for the added drama.

41. Abyss
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 9:20 am | Permalink

dragonreborn: However having a look at other pictures of the osuna plaza, it is too small even for visual effect enhanced shots. I think they’ll use it just for close ups.

I really don’t think so. I did that on the fly with GIMP in very little time and to call me a professional would be a joke, but you can still kinda see what would be possible. Imagen what an real visual effects artist can do with the location, you know, someone who is actually good at that stuff!

42. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Hooray for Daznak’s Pit! May the slave swordfighting, dwarf jousting and lion feeding begin! I can’t wait for the vendors in the stands yelling “Get your honeyed locusts here!”

Oh…and there is that Drogon melee thing too. Forgot about that.

43. Evan
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 10:41 am | Permalink

King Stannis,

Look I didn’t say slaughter, I said cruelly slaughters. Its not like a slaughterhouse where they stun them, its killing for sport. Anyway, as others have made clear, no one agrees with me, so I shall not discuss it further.

44. Evan
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 10:48 am | Permalink

King Stannis,

I strongly object to cruelly slaughtering animals for sport, I less strongly object to slaughtering animals when they are stunned in a slaughter house. No one here agrees with my views, and as people have pointed out HBO are not encouraging bull fighting (Peter Dinklage would probably object if they did). Also what does :p mean, I don’t understand it. Must be my low IQ!

45. Eli
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

HoueMartellBitches,

Ten countries? Wich ones? @.@

46. Turncloak
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

King Stannis: I do not support this comment. It is not right. We should not encorouge whiners to a website because it slaughters letters :p

LOL!

47. lechuga
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Lola, me gusta que defiendas mi PUEBLO

48. dragonreborn
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

hahaha! thank you for visualising your point! :)

What I think of is the ground. It’s not huge like in the book cover pics
    and because of the curve they can’t have wide angle shots without a lot of CGI. (if they want to have a big fighting area)
    Vfx is inevitable in a scene like this! Though they need shots that can go without CGI, like close ups. I think the location is mostly for that. Remember how many different sets they used even for the bear fight.

So, I’d not like to see a small center area with audience seats part of whatever height. I hope they use it only for close-ups or find a bigger plaza.

49. Abyss
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

dragonreborn,

Well, you could be right about the close-ups, but I personally think their will use the whole pit. You don’t pick a location like this and then don’t take full advantage of it.
    I also don’t think that a huge fighting area is all that important. We are talking about a fighting pit, not an actual arena. The ground has to be wide enough to let people fight on it and that’s certainly the case. ;-)

50. Lavignac
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 9:36 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:
    I think Daznak’s pit will probably be supplemented with special effects, yeah.

And shutting down the comments was unfortunately VERY necessary. Thanks for your modding once more Fury

51. Vyrion
    Posted July 5, 2014 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Duvall,

Indeed, some people will be complaining of bad CGI.

52. Phil
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 12:01 am | Permalink

I don’t see why everyone thinks Penny will be cut. They’ve set it up perfectly since they had the play in the Purple Wedding. I think Daznak’s pit is episode 9 or 10. They’ve already screwed up LS, so how cool would it be to end the season with Dany flying away on Drogon

53. King stannis
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 4:33 am | Permalink

Phil:
    I don’t see why everyone thinks Penny will be cut.They’ve set it up perfectly since they had the play in the Purple Wedding.I think Daznak’s pit is episode 9 or 10.They’ve already screwed up LS, so how cool would it be to end the season with Dany flying away on Drogon

The purist and the whiners ruined LS. You guys kept assuming that what ya’ll are watching is a book. There’s no pages being flipped. There was episodes that include stories from ASoS, AFFC and ADWD. The show is not a book which means they can introduce characters like LS whenever the fuck they like.

Just how Ramsay was missing in season 2 which is mostly based of ACOK they skipped him and moved him to season 3. (we still got our Ramsay didn’t we) LS is no different, they can bring her whenever they chose to tell that part of the story. But NOOOOO…… You whiners and purist wanted to see “reactions” and itch to post a LS Reaction Compilation on YOUTUBE.
    If some of you would have stayed patient and wait how the show tells the story of large fucking books than this character some of you out-of-nowhere adore wouldn’t be spoiled. So just because LS was not in the finale does not mean the showrunners ruined it. Last i checked, I was not watching a book, I was watching a show.

54. Dame of Mercia
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 8:04 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury: Your sources will dry up pretty quickly if you go around telling people who they are. It’s a violation of trust. People go out on a limb sometimes to share a tidbit with fans, you should respect that. No anonymity for sources, then you’d have no info. That isn’t unique to WiC.

Also, they might be at risk of losing their jobs if they revealed their identities. The news (in the UK at least) keeps telling us the recession is over but it isn’t in my hometown. If people lose their jobs for being a WiC “mole” they might have great difficulty finding another. I wonder sometimes why the people behind the show are so coy – unless they are fearful of being overrun by fans when they are trying to film. Changing tack slightly, I hope we don’t have to wait too long before some info on casting.

55. jentario
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 8:57 am | Permalink

I just checked out pictures of the Sibenik river (don’t know what it’s called) but it’s damn beautiful and would make for a great Dorne. Is there a chance that they’ll be using it (since they’re already there)?

Picures:

56. Turncloak
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Phil:

I hope Penny is cut because she’s an unnecessary trope. Tyrion does not need a dwarf love interest.

57. jentario
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Turncloak,

Penny isn’t really a trope though. Tyrion doesn’t love her. She is just a sad, sad thing that makes Tyrion remember himself. But yeah, she can easily be cut and I just don’t think there’s much time for her. I can also definitely see why so many people find hert to be an annoying character and why on a few levels the show might be better without her (though it will certainly hurt Tyrion’s character development unless they manage to make some good original scenes). They’ll have to focus on the developing Jorah-Tyrion bromance instead and make that the catalyst for Tyrion’s return to form.

Of all the changes this one is one I wholeheartedly understand and accept. I think others should too.

58. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:07 am | Permalink

jentario,

Maybe not, but it would make a perfect Rhoyne; just the thing to show the true scenic diversity of Essos.

59. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:08 am | Permalink

Penny’s not a trope. She’s not really a love interest, despite her expressing some interest in Tyrion briefly. Most of the time she’s a traveling companion who happens to be female. She’s the person who gets Tyrion to pull his head out of his ass after his long post-Tywin/Shae funk and to realize that he actually had quite a few privileges in his old life, despite his endless moping around. They may still cut her, but Penny’s no trope. And yeah I think it would suck to lose another unique female character, just for the sake of Tyrion/Jorah bromance time.

60. jentario
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:14 am | Permalink

Valyrian Plastic,

How many Rhoyne scenes would they need? If they build a set for the ship’s cabin, most of the scenes can be there instead of on location. But you’d still need at least three river location shoots. I just really hope they don’t cut the trip down the Rhoyne and obviously the Griffs. I think those scenes (with the boring stuff cut out, of course) would make for some great TV (especially if they develop the Griff mystery and include the stone men). We will probably have some significant casting news in time for (or during) comic con so the wait won’t be long… But it’s still stuck in my head! Getting a confirmation through some location/casting news would be great.

61. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:25 am | Permalink

jentario,

Who knows? If D&D are after some early-season scares they’ll probably keep the Stone Men in, with about 2 episodes on the river, 3 at most. If not then I could see Varys and Tyrion travelling straight to Volantis by boat and then meeting up with Griff and Co. there immediately. Jorah capturing Tyrion would be a good closing moment for episode 4 or 5.

62. Carne
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:34 am | Permalink

Octavia Alexandru back as Leaf for season 5 according to her CV.

I’m guessing the Alex Graves for episode 501 is an error considering he has said he’s not back.

63. jentario
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Carne,

Michael Slovis is doing the first two episodes, so thnat has to be a mistake. I bet that it’s just a placeholder (both the director and the episode) and is just there to note that she’s part of season 5.

64. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted July 6, 2014 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

+1 for Penny! I hope she appears in some meaningful way along Tyrion’s S5 journey, not necessarily as a dwarf either. Possible amalgamations?

65. Pau Soriano
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 5:02 am | Permalink

jentario:

Plaza de toros, not Plaza del Toro…Plaza de toros means Bullring so actually theres close to 100 in Andalucia alone.

The closest you can find to Seville is not the one in Osuna of course, it’s the one in Seville. Being much bigger than the one in Osuna, and also much older, dating from the mid 1700’s, I think they picked the Osuna one because they style fits better with you-know-what

66. jentario
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 5:07 am | Permalink

Pau Soriano,

Oh… Well that makes sense! Sorry for the confusion.

67. Pau Soriano
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 5:33 am | Permalink

Evan:
    Of course this is only if the ring is still in use for that purpose.

Yes, of course it is.

On a side note you should know that Barcelona (and Catalunya, the region-nation of wich Barcelona is capital inside (hofefully not for long) Spain) did ban bullfighting in 2011. Now the spanish want to force us to revoke that ban, but well, if all goes well soon enough it won’t matter what the spanish want

68. Fat 'n' Balda
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 10:44 am | Permalink

jentario,

I will be very interested to see if/how the Sorrows is presented visually. One of my favorite scenes.

69. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

jentario:
    Valyrian Plastic,

Agreed 100%. It’s the Heart of Darkness/ Apocalypse Now journey of ASOIAF, and I love it. But I seriously hope they do a lot of location shooting for it. I don’t want a bunch of scenes in a little ship’s cabin. I want to see the Rhoyne, the Stone Men and huge turtles emerging from their primordial slumber! This is where GoT could get existential, and in a good way.

70. ArgonathofBraavos
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard:

Why not as a dwarf? The socio-economic contrast between them, IMO, is heightened because she is a dwarf (and ties nicely into Dinklage’s final assessment that he is ‘guilty of being a dwarf’ and ultimately resigning himself to that reality, and starting a relationship with another dwarf). My guess is that there are some wonderful female dwarf actresses out there that have not been discovered (just as Dinklage was ‘discovered’ for The Station Agent).

71. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

RandomSand,

Wow, those covers are interesting! Why are the American covers so sucky and plain?

72. ramsayreek
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

Penny is most certainly not a trope….

73. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,
    ArgonathofBraavos,
    I think if they include Penny, she has to be a dwarf primarily because of what OITF said, she makes Tyrion see that he’s led a privileged life and it could have been far, far worse. And she helps him to adjust to living outside of the Lannister bubble.

And I too want to see the “Heart of Darkness” journey but they really may not have time for it…if the Pit is ep 9 or 10, Tyrion has too much to do before then. They need time for the other story lines.

74. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted July 7, 2014 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Ms. D. Ranged in AZ,

In Britain the covers changed from those “sucky” ones to live-action shots of the filming locations earlier this year. Clash has the Moroccan dunes on it for example and at least 2 of them have the walls of Dubrovnik. They don’t really reflect the spirit of either the show or the books though (seriously, one of them is just a length of coastal wall and a small building, hardly King’s Landing), or in short, suck more :(.

75. Paige the Page
    Posted July 16, 2014 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Looks like fighting pits to me!
    Does anyone think they will put Strong Belwas in last minute? I miss his character.

1. […] Jaime New locations GRRM flips the raven Things are moving smoothly All of the nominations George R. R. Martin […]

2. […] Jaime New locations GRRM flips the raven Things are moving smoothly All of the nominations George R. R. Martin […]

3. […] a recent article written at Winter Is Coming they talked about the rumors that HBO was scouting a bull ring, in Spain, as a possible filming […]